Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Butterfly Valley posted:

Nah you're right, orange flavoured chocolate has always been dogshit

I like orange flavored chocolate, but this is true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

I like orange flavored chocolate, but this is true.

Orange/chocolate flavored coffee...nope.

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Butterfly Valley posted:

Nah you're right, orange flavoured chocolate has always been dogshit
:pastryno:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

uber_stoat posted:

just ordering pizza after pizza from his namesake and getting increasingly agitated after each one.

Desperately trying to convince himself that quality plummeted the moment he was kicked out

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Scarodactyl posted:

Having had them, :pastryno:
(Thank you so much to .Z. for buying this one!)

Make a :pastryvince: and I'll smilie it.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I don't know if I've just pickier with age, but most "essences" taste terrible and chemical to me. I mean, I don't like most flavored seltzers because they use "essences," and prefer Spindrift, San Pellegrino, or making my own flavored seltzer using juice.

This spills over into chocolate, where things like chocolate oranges just don't taste very good to me anymore.

I'm still okay with lavender, rose, and some other other floral flavors, but I'm not sure if they are the same kind of "essence" as what's in most seltzers and chocolate things.

Ralph's/Kroger has the best flavored sparkling waters I've found, partially because they actually have flavor, rather than stuff like Lacroix where it's carbonated water that had some fruit fart in the same room it was being bottled in

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i'm a fan of these, reduced sugar san pelligrino basically.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

uber_stoat posted:

i'm a fan of these, reduced sugar san pelligrino basically.

Yeah, the blackcurrant and pomegranate one is really good, but unfortunately I can't find it anywhere anymore probably because Americans don't know what blackcurrant is.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Yeah, the blackcurrant and pomegranate one is really good, but unfortunately I can't find it anywhere anymore probably because Americans don't know what blackcurrant is.

if you have a whole foods where you are check there, that's the only place i can find the things. i'm an American and i love blackcurrant, but i only learned about it by talking with uk internet weirdos who would make mixed drinks with it.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Whoever makes the fake snack packaging at Mythical really deserves a ton of credit. It all looks so real.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

I don’t even know what this is

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Americans don't know what blackcurrant is.

The gently caress do you put in your sweets then? The purple ones are the best ones.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

OwlFancier posted:

The gently caress do you put in your sweets then? The purple ones are the best ones.

apparently blackcurrant plants can harbor a disease that kills pine trees so i guess the timber industry lobbied to have them banned from the country? i don't think they're illegal anymore but you can't sell or market the things because no one knows what a blackcurrant is.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

What do american skittles have for the purple one?

E: loving grape??

E2: and apple instead of lime what the gently caress.

OwlFancier has a new favorite as of 02:15 on Apr 1, 2021

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Purple is grape, but it's not wine and it's emulating a cultivar of grape that isn't really found in Europe so Europeans get really angry about it.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

these are the only true skittles

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

SlothfulCobra posted:

Purple is grape, but it's not wine and it's emulating a cultivar of grape that isn't really found in Europe so Europeans get really angry about it.

purple is a single flavorant chemical methyl anthranilate, cuz thats whats cheapest. no imitation or anything

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

All candies are evolving toward the twin black holes of flavor: Green Apple and Blue Raspberry

Seriously what the gently caress. Are those two flavors just really cheap to produce or something

e: well that loving sucks, sorry Today's Kids

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Data Graham posted:

All candies are evolving toward the twin black holes of flavor: Green Apple and Blue Raspberry

Seriously what the gently caress. Are those two flavors just really cheap to produce or something

yeah. by a lot

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

OwlFancier posted:

we used to have lime flavor. for reasons that are as of yet unclear to me years ago there was a general Great Purge of almost all lime flavor candy.

green apple was the replacement. yeeccch.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
there was a disease that wiped out much of the lime plantations in florida and then mexican cartels tried to corner the rest of the market and the artificial producers failed to scale up production in preparation so the price of the artificial poo poo went way up too

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

LifeSunDeath posted:

these are the only true skittles

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

kinky, I like it.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I remember when I was a kid, green apple kinda just exploded into the candy market all at once. Like it was the new airheads mystery flavor, and then Shrek came along and everyone wanted to make their thing green.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It's that fuckin blue raspberry that drives me crazy. It's goddamn everywhere, and even in an assortment it's always way overrepresented.

It doesn't taste like anything in nature, least of all raspberries

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
raspberries are among the most expensive vegan foods, you can rely upon most peeps to not be familiar w their flavor in nature

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
on the topic of accursed licensed candy i present to you:

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Data Graham posted:

It's that fuckin blue raspberry that drives me crazy. It's goddamn everywhere, and even in an assortment it's always way overrepresented.

Blue raspberry is weirdly enough based on Rubus leucodermis, which really does taste like that.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Hardwood Floor posted:

Blue raspberry is weirdly enough based on Rubus leucodermis, which really does taste like that.

Mother gently caress.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

uber_stoat posted:

on the topic of accursed licensed candy i present to you:

Oh gently caress, I couldn't believe they were real, but they were loving real.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Data Graham posted:

Blue raspberry is my favorite normal flavor of candy and I have had multiple people tell me I'm a bad person for it. I don't get it, why don't you guys like the best flavor?

stereobreadsticks
Feb 28, 2008

fizzymercury posted:

Blue raspberry is my favorite normal flavor of candy and I have had multiple people tell me I'm a bad person for it. I don't get it, why don't you guys like the best flavor?

I feel the same way about all these posts hating on green apple. Seriously, those caramel apple pops that are half green apple and half caramel are the absolute best cheap dollar store candies.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It's not so much that blue raspberry is unconscionably bad or anything, it's that all the other flavors are gone now

It's like the cane toad of flavors

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

stereobreadsticks posted:

I feel the same way about all these posts hating on green apple. Seriously, those caramel apple pops that are half green apple and half caramel are the absolute best cheap dollar store candies.

Oh look what I got a-sittin on my desk

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

i'm just mad that they took away my lime candy. skittles, jolly ranchers, runts, sweet tarts! give it back!

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

fizzymercury posted:

Mate, you ate mercury

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

I don’t even know what this is

Assuming it's not dog or cat food my assumption is a compressed block of refrigerated Hamburger Helper Beef Stroganoff

fizzymercury posted:

I dunno about in candy, but it's tied with cherry for best Icee flavor

Agreed, only reason I don't eat them more often is 1) how long they take to eat, and two like most hard candies of their nature(like say Jolly Ranchers) they destroy your mouth a lot of the time cause they get those sharp little edges and pockets from you sucking on them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

the draw of blue raspberry (which owns), is not the flavor as much as it is the blue-ness