Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Wafflecopper posted:

Dunno if it’s just me but I’m not in love with the delivery of the guy who does the skills etc. His voice is fine but he keeps pausing at weird moments and I find it quite distracting

I was in your boat to begin with, but I've gotten very used to it, kind of like an audiobook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Join the ELITE :chord:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Wafflecopper posted:

Dunno if it’s just me but I’m not in love with the delivery of the guy who does the skills etc. His voice is fine but he keeps pausing at weird moments and I find it quite distracting

at points it sounds like instead of making him read every sentence they made him read every phrase in the script individually and then spliced it together. "the rain. falls. in sheets. you run your. hands. through. your hair."

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Akett posted:

Huh, I'm at the end of the first day, doing the Shivers bit describing the city a direction at a time, "HAVE A BROTHER IN THE CUT. WHERE THE WOOD AT?" is voiced by a woman. Appropriate, also interesting that they make the capitalization being something different from standard Shivers far more explicit.

Huge fan of this. And it's a surprisingly cute voice?! Why she tiny. If it were like that the first time I played the game, I think I would have realized what they were getting at without the old thread having to spell it out.

On the other hand, I love that they knew to keep the Ancient Reptilian Brain around. It's the one thing I was worried about before the game came out. That first dream, the phrase "sail with me through the abyssopelagic zone," the corpse, all of that work is so loving good. What a voice for self-loathing.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

The main "narrator" sounds very familiar. Did he work on another game as narrator?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Went 1164 with authority since I'm role-playing as Macgruber, game is everything I hoped it would be. Playing on stadia and hopping from my phone to TV has been perfect. Playing with a controller and no issues yet.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

World War Mammories posted:

at points it sounds like instead of making him read every sentence they made him read every phrase in the script individually and then spliced it together. "the rain. falls. in sheets. you run your. hands. through. your hair."

Maybe he's just channelling William Shatner.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I wish every skill check was a Half Light check, even the Empathy skill checks. IMO.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Nordick posted:

Maybe he's just channelling William Shatner.

then he needs to release a cover of Common People immediately

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

also if you're stuck on a dialogue with no way to continue, try not only scrolling down further and further but also resizing the window - that helped fix a similar issue back on original release in some cases

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Social Studies 3rd Period posted:

also if you're stuck on a dialogue with no way to continue, try not only scrolling down further and further but also resizing the window - that helped fix a similar issue back on original release in some cases

unfortunately i can scroll down so far that all the text disappears, there aren't any ui elements down there.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Had a nihilistic suicide game over before leaving the first building. Goty of all years

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Oasx posted:

Old Cuno sounded like a psycotic kid high on drugs, it was glorious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uluhBgrtZUg

Yeah, New Cuno feels like it's an act.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

but isn't cuno's personality an act if you really think about it :thunk:

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I’d crowdfund to have original Cunobelinus back. honestly my favorite VO performance of all time

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Cuno 1.0 was iconic. There was no way they were going to escape taking some heat with a different VA, no matter what

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

uber_stoat posted:

unfortunately i can scroll down so far that all the text disappears, there aren't any ui elements down there.

try hitting the space bar a good bunch when it hangs? obviously I have no idea if this is the same bug, but just trying to remember what worked before :v:

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

I like new Cuno. Doesn't sound any better or worse to me, just a little different.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

:discourse:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
There's apparently a bug on PS4 that prevents you from getting your badge back

How big of a deal is that?

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

MrMidnight posted:

Pshhh, got nothing on the Cyberpunk 2077 1.2 patch.

Hilariously I forgot Cuno says he was "in loving Night City" when you ask him where he was when the murder victim was killed.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
My previous non-final cut playthrough was 3522 w/ espirit de corps as my signature skill along with a lot of points in inland empire. Would a high intellect playthrough be good for experiencing final cut “normally” or would a high phys and motors with shivers as my sig be better?

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I think nuCuno is great. Could use a bit more intensity in some lines, but overall he's a great fit.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Dreylad posted:

Hilariously I forgot Cuno says he was "in loving Night City" when you ask him where he was when the murder victim was killed.

"that's a totally made name for a city" lmao

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Simone Magus posted:

it's absolutely not required to finish the game (almost nothing is outright required) but it's a huge bummer. lot of character development behind it

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Nordick posted:

I think nuCuno is great. Could use a bit more intensity in some lines, but overall he's a great fit.

He sounds like a snotty kid who is high on drugs, his voice even cracks a bit now and then, it's a really good performance. The original is extremely Cuno though.

uber_stoat posted:

"that's a totally made name for a city" lmao

lmao how did I miss that

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
jesus this game is amazing. i am glad i put it off until the final cut because the voice acting is amazing. i love the fact that my dudes head is so blasted that he has the mind of a hosed up child. the police radio poo poo is amazing. please give me a HOBOCOP avatar thing. also i love the world building. its very dishonored but more modern time and way loving bleaker.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Simone Magus posted:

I'd wait for a fix unless you're sure you're going to do another playthrough soon.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Haven't gotten too deep, letting everyone talk instead of reading everything myself is obviously making a playthru take longer. But I found a new thing! There's a communist magazine in the union's gate office area, that part with the magnetic door. Has some interesting worldbuilding in it. It's on the couch.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

jesus this game is amazing. i am glad i put it off until the final cut because the voice acting is amazing. i love the fact that my dudes head is so blasted that he has the mind of a hosed up child. the police radio poo poo is amazing. please give me a HOBOCOP avatar thing. also i love the world building. its very dishonored but more modern time and way loving bleaker.
Mate. It gets funnier and bleaker from here.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Wicked Them Beats posted:

I'd wait for a fix unless you're sure you're going to do another playthrough soon.

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna do like 7 playthroughs lol

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

New update is pretty cool. New voices are nice, and it's especially cool they let you disable them too if you don't want them. How thoughtful.

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
I think I love the narration. To some degree it is odd, because your character is such a whacked out piece of poo poo that the confident and strong inner voice feels strange, but then again maybe it makes perfect sense

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
One of the writers described the setting as "magical modernism" and it kinda works. I love the mishmash of histories, different cultures, and even technologies that developed out of the world's material history.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Imagine Electrochemistry telling you you can put speed up your rear end in a top hat while Half Light tells you to retaliate immediately to threats. Forever.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Simone Magus posted:

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna do like 7 playthroughs lol

gently caress yeah dude

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
goddamit the doctor love quest

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

World War Mammories posted:

gently caress yeah dude

"Babe" is preferable to "dude"; while I'm nonbinary I generally present much closer to my birth sex so it makes me feel a little weird to be called dude

(I'm not like offended just letting u know :)

This game owns relentlessly hard!

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Waltzing Along posted:

That's fine. One game is an all-time classic. The other? All-time disappointment.

Cyberpunk rules! I'm listening to somebody play Cyberpunk as we speak, I must be immersed in Night City at all times (ok it's a coincidence). Game of the Year by far last year for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Playing this for the first time on a ps4 pro, it's so much better than it has any right to be.

There are some lag/controller response/graphic issues but I trust they'll be worked out in a patch

So, what am I supposed to be doing? I got a rich lady on a boat to give me money, I seem to be really disappointing to my colleague, and can't inspect the body without vomiting. Kinda unsure what to do, except just wonder around and marvel at it all.