Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

boop the snoot posted:

I signed up for cvs just a few days ago. I had to do it at 2am though.

Trust me: cvs will not verify anything you tell them. I’m in a high risk group (asthma) but they will not require me to prove that.

Similar experience in DC proper.

Update on how I feel after one round of Moderna: arm is very, very sore and is probably the worst localized reaction I’ve had to a vaccine, including the time when I got three of them and a tetanus shot in one day. That said, the overall pain is like 2/10 so it’s by no means debilitating or concerning. I felt a little tired and run down last night and feel a bit groggy this morning, but otherwise fine. Just to be on the safe side, I’m going to take a nap with my dog after I get done with my meetings this morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Similar experience in DC proper.

Update on how I feel after one round of Moderna: arm is very, very sore and is probably the worst localized reaction I’ve had to a vaccine, including the time when I got three of them and a tetanus shot in one day. That said, the overall pain is like 2/10 so it’s by no means debilitating or concerning. I felt a little tired and run down last night and feel a bit groggy this morning, but otherwise fine. Just to be on the safe side, I’m going to take a nap with my dog after I get done with my meetings this morning.

I'm sure the doctors also recommend a few pets before the nap.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

PA just announced that everyone will be eligible for vaccines starting 4/19.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
Just got my second shot, hopefully no real side effects.

Rakekniven
Jun 4, 2000
Forum Veteran
In Massachusetts, VA Bedford has opened up to spouses and caregivers of VA enrolled Vets. No word yet on when they're opening up to non-VA eligible Vets.

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

It is weird how the Rural area's in the west are starting to reject taking the Vaccine. When it was limited to 70+ here the lines were long. When it was limited to 65+ the lines were long. When it was slowly opened to service workers the lines where OK. Today they opened it up to 18+ and it was a ghost town. I don't know what changed in the last few months.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

stinkypete posted:

It is weird how the Rural area's in the west are starting to reject taking the Vaccine. When it was limited to 70+ here the lines were long. When it was limited to 65+ the lines were long. When it was slowly opened to service workers the lines where OK. Today they opened it up to 18+ and it was a ghost town. I don't know what changed in the last few months.

Facebook and other toxic internet shitholes screaming about the scamdemic and how the vaccine is mind control or whatever.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Oh it's not tested so I want to wait and see if its safe.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
The most shocking bit about the anti-mask sentiment to me is how anti maskers rarely (if ever) connect it to Obama’s plot to put us all under Sharia law, including requiring hijabs.

Getting my first poke today at 12:30. Getting the Moderna 5G because I heard the Pfizer reception is bad in elevators.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

boop the snoot posted:

The most shocking bit about the anti-mask sentiment to me is how anti maskers rarely (if ever) connect it to Obama’s plot to put us all under Sharia law, including requiring hijabs.

Getting my first poke today at 12:30. Getting the Moderna 5G because I heard the Pfizer reception is bad in elevators.

A day after I got my second Moderna shot, it feels like I have a hell of a hangover but without the headache, and just sore everywhere. It's weird.

Edit: It's like the hangover I had the first time I went on leave, blacked out on 4loko, wrestled my old roommate in a river, then threw up and remember nothing else. It's harsh.

Pine Cone Jones fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Apr 2, 2021

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I might be hypochondriac’ing myself but it’s been about two hours and I’m feeling kinda off. A little dizzy when I walk around and my legs are a bit unsure of themselves, and my whole body just kinda feels heavier?

I guess the best way to describe it is it’s like I JUST got off of a roller coaster.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

boop the snoot posted:

I might be hypochondriac’ing myself but it’s been about two hours and I’m feeling kinda off. A little dizzy when I walk around and my legs are a bit unsure of themselves, and my whole body just kinda feels heavier?

I guess the best way to describe it is it’s like I JUST got off of a roller coaster.

Just go lay down and take it easy. You're gonna have an immune response, and your body is gonna react. You might have a slight fever. You're going to feel tired. Your arm is gonna hurt. If it's bad, take some tylenol. Eat food, drink fluids, and sleep as much as your body needs.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

boop the snoot posted:

My husband got his 2nd dose last Saturday and he said a couple hours after he felt like he just ran a few miles (he hasn’t run in years thanks to knee injury). So I don’t think it’s anything to be worried about.

I know this sounds like dumb corpsman/medic poo poo but Motrin helped me and husband immensely after our vaccines with arm pain and muscle aches (mine was my entire body, not just legs like him). Take it easy the rest of the day / tomorrow.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
First Moderna was NBD heavy / tired arm and that was about it.

Second Moderna was much worse. Fever, body aches, chills, tiredness. Then like 24-36 hours later it was like I was just magically fine. I probably could have powered through if I had to, but sleeping all day was what I needed most.

Keep your fluid intake high, pop Tylenol as the OTC of choice, and eat light the day of / day after the shot is my recommendation.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I’ve separated my left shoulder twice. This feels comparable to the day after.

Not sure if the two things are related. I got the shot in my left arm because I’m right handed. May be something to consider when getting your poke.

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

I only had a headache the first day and the shot felt no different than a tetanus shot (injection site soreness but movement helped out a ton). The next day I had body aches and fatigue. Then nothing else the following day that was with the J&J vaccine. My wife just got the first Moderna shot and she had little side effects the first day except normal site soreness. The second day her arm felt better just a tad bit tender but no real side effects other than some very mild fatigue less than mine. Overall I have had some Flu shots be worse and others with little to no symptoms comparing this would be a 5/10 for only part of one day. Worth it I think.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

A little late on this, but Wisconsin is opening eligibility to everyone over 16 starting April 5th.

If you're close to the Wisconsin Center in downtown Milwaukee I recommend using https://wi-telegov.egov.com/milwaukee-vaccines/AppointmentWizard to schedule an appointment starting on or after April 5th. They're extremely fast and professional.

Otherwise, I've heard good things about https://www.vaccinespotter.org for various pharmacies and grocery stores. You can even choose which vaccine you want!

My wife got her second pfizer dose today and felt like complete poo poo a few hours later, but I think it's because she does weight training. No fever, just pervasive muscle aches.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I feel fine today except some soreness where I got it.

I need a vaccine every day though because it made me actually sleep through the night.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

WEH posted:

A little late on this, but Wisconsin is opening eligibility to everyone over 16 starting April 5th.

If you're close to the Wisconsin Center in downtown Milwaukee I recommend using https://wi-telegov.egov.com/milwaukee-vaccines/AppointmentWizard to schedule an appointment starting on or after April 5th. They're extremely fast and professional.

Otherwise, I've heard good things about https://www.vaccinespotter.org for various pharmacies and grocery stores. You can even choose which vaccine you want!

My wife got her second pfizer dose today and felt like complete poo poo a few hours later, but I think it's because she does weight training. No fever, just pervasive muscle aches.

They were doing vaccinations at a bar in Milwaukee today. :cheers:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

If they didn’t do a “let’s go shot for shot” campaign involving tequila and a vaccine, then someone failed spectacularly 🧐

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
I had my second Pfizer shot last week. My tinnitus was really bad, general aches, and a slight fever.

I took a multivitamin and extra zinc before, Tylenol after, and motrin throughout the night.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

So my husband has a cold right now, is it possible for him to still get his second shot tomorrow? Or should he reschedule?

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
CDC was recommending a reschedule.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Pine Cone Jones posted:

So my husband has a cold right now, is it possible for him to still get his second shot tomorrow? Or should he reschedule?

I'd recommend getting a COVID test, as I've known several people who "it's just a cold" turned into a COVID.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

Thanks. His temp is back to normal now and says he feels fine, but will get checked out and hopefully get results before the shot.

Hexmage-SA
Jun 28, 2012
DM
Got my second dose today. Apparently the pharmacy's been having some trouble getting people to take the vaccine. I had only gotten my first dose because a friend who worked there contacted me, saying that they really needed to get rid of the doses they had left before they expired (and asking people if they were interested led to one customer being highly offended that they'd even ask).

Mr_Ruckus
Jul 8, 2008

Got my 2nd Pfizer shot yesterday. So far just a headache, sore arm, and some minor joint aches. Mississippi has it open to everyone over 18 and there was only like 4 people there for the shot at the same time as me.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I missed this, with moving and starting a job in the last 2 weeks. All adults in NC are now eligible for a COVID vaccine.

https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/all-adults-north-carolina-become-eligible-covid-19-vaccine-wednesday/CBXMKOEU2NH2JMRMIMCEM6TNDY/

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Everyone in PA can register starting tomorrow, moved up from next Monday.

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2021/04/pa-makes-everyone-available-for-covid-19-vaccine-beginning-tuesday.html

e: Appointment made for my first for Friday afternoon.

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Apr 13, 2021

rifles
Oct 8, 2007
is this thing working
Went today for my 2nd Pfizer. Found out the follow-up appointment was scheduled a day too early, so I have to go back tomorrow. At least they had a time and dose available I guess.

Now a day later my arm hurts a little and I slept like poo poo because I woke up at 4 am shivering and aching all over. It took an hour bundled up in a sweatshirt and a beanie and multiple blankets to pass out.

rifles fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Apr 16, 2021

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

1st shot on Monday for me and the wife!

Was getting worried when my county declared that they were ending their waitlist, I guess they were right about supply levels in my area.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

32 minutes door to door including the 15 minute observation time.

Very efficient work by the county mass vaccination site. Start the 28 Day timer!

e: The one thing I did want to mention is that the email confirmation asked me to fill out my Prescription Card information, I was asked for my Health Insurance card at the door, and for my prescription card at the check-in desk, so if you have both, bring both. If you don't have insurance, it shouldn't be a big deal and I guess you just have to call ahead to get put in a different bucket? Idgi.

https://www.insurance.pa.gov/coronavirus/Pages/covid-vaccine-faqs.aspx

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Apr 17, 2021

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
kaiser said it was opening up to all members on the 15th. the website would not give any appointments. however it also had a link to my county health website which had a bunch of places. next week i get my 5g upgrade.

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

Maryland info:

https://mdvax.info/ - tracks multiple clinics statewide

For more up--to-the-minute status follow @MDVaxAlerts on Twitter which alerts when updates are made to the site.

Eligibility information: https://covidlink.maryland.gov/content/vaccine/

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Got my first dose, and WOW my SOROSBUX finally arrived! Is the 2nd when you get your Antifa super soldier serum?

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

maffew buildings posted:

Got my first dose, and WOW my SOROSBUX finally arrived! Is the 2nd when you get your Antifa super soldier serum?

It’s a time delayed effect. Should come fully online two weeks after the second dose.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

day three after my 2nd shot, and I’m just now getting my groove back. First night it hit me like a truck, next morning was rough. Had a scarf and heavy jacket on inside all day the first day.

They offered me the J&J when I actually arrived at the VA (before all the drama), which wasn’t a thing when I called. I just kept the Pfizer, because I already had my 2nd appointment scheduled.

Josherino
Mar 24, 2021

TCD posted:

I'd recommend getting a COVID test, as I've known several people who "it's just a cold" turned into a COVID.

Agreed. Some of the scariest cases around here in my area started with, "It's just a cold."

Nothing wrong with being pro-active rather than reactive.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Got my second shot this morning, starting to feel a little sore and getting that kind of pre-cold funk where you aren't really sick yet but feel kind of drained and "off". Got my schedule for tomorrow cleared just in case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Got my first shot of pfizer today. Arm a little sore but otherwise fine.

I'm doing some pushups every few hours and it seems to help the soreness. Similar to when I had my typhoid vaccine.

edit :

If you are in the east bay CA and in contra coasta county they have a website that actually works and will get you an appointment. Anyone 16 or older.

https://www.coronavirus.cchealth.org/get-vaccinated

ded fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Apr 22, 2021