Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

PERMACAV 50 posted:

The easy one is Bunker E15 with anti-barrier DMT, overload ikelos smg (also takes care of the weekly challenge), and falling guillotine. The frames won’t do much to help you get actual kills but they will draw the champs’ aggro making it easier to take them out. Spend the boss fight in the hallway stacking cranial spikes on the hydra’s nose and drawing the champs out to burn them down alone.

Goddamn good advice, if anybody here is like me, struggling - do that. Worked perfectly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Had a weird issue with the vault while I was clearing space earlier.

Normally I just dump anything that looks halfway decent in there and sort it out later. I usually keep 2 or 3 different good rolls and then infuse them with bad rolls that are higher level.

After I did this with a few guns it just stopped working. Hovering over the roll I wanted to consume didn't bring up the popup, and holding square didn't do anything.

I've quit for the night and will see if it's still weird after a restart tomorrow, but has anyone else had this?

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum
Yeah it happens to me every so often, usually in the tower. Some bits of the UI freeze or crash and it's impossible to move or equip new stuff in the inventory. Sometimes you can interact with vendors but not buy bounties. Usually going to orbit (or if you can't do that, restarting the client) will fix it, it's strictly a temporary thing.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Does anyone know whether the trials weapon you get for doing the seasonal challenge Trial By Firing Squad (win 7 rounds) is based on your personal trials loot pool, dependent on what is on offer this week, or just completely random?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

hiddenriverninja posted:

Does anyone know whether the trials weapon you get for doing the seasonal challenge Trial By Firing Squad (win 7 rounds) is based on your personal trials loot pool, dependent on what is on offer this week, or just completely random?

It's a fixed drop (Igneous Hammer)

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Igneous Hammer can gently caress right off when I can get outsniped by a handcannon.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Decided to d some fashionframe, Luxe set looks pretty ggod by itself but I found that it does not look good with any shader whatsoever so I decided to go instead with the most eye bleeding look possible, here is preliminary result

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Scyantific posted:

It's a fixed drop (Igneous Hammer)

Thanks

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Sekenr posted:

Decided to d some fashionframe, Luxe set looks pretty ggod by itself but I found that it does not look good with any shader whatsoever so I decided to go instead with the most eye bleeding look possible, here is preliminary result

Looks like a bad dragon

I love it

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Sekenr posted:

Hello Ms. Kahlo.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Game is laggier than gently caress today, got booted out of loading into a bg, enemies teleporting everywhere, reloads are iffy, and lol tracking anything is busted all to gently caress.

Goddamn

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

PathAsc posted:

Game is laggier than gently caress today, got booted out of loading into a bg, enemies teleporting everywhere, reloads are iffy, and lol tracking anything is busted all to gently caress.

Goddamn

FWIW, a few hours later and servers are back to normal.
Ran one nightfall for 100k, got a solid sev enclosure roll and a great pve palindrome. thanks bungie/10, makes up for 14 dead lost sector runs with no reward this week

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum
Playing catch-up on my Hunter and Titan, which I've not had the time to do much with this season. Ran E15 LLS with the hunter, new exotic chest on the first run. Switched over to the Titan, also got it on the first run. I have the best luck with those.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

The expansions are currently on sale, for those of you waiting for them to go on sale.

50% off Forsaken and Shadowkeep
25% off Beyond Light
40% Legendary Edition (all expansions + current season)

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Sekenr posted:

Did I get it right that goddamn Saladin is conspiring with the famous mr. "I can't do even one thing right" Osiris to overthrow Zavala? Ir is it old news, in battlefield chatter its hard to say when it happens chronologically.

All the battlefield dialogue has updated to reflect the end of the story (post-proving grounds) and Saladin's super duper unhappy that we opted for Champion-vs-Champion to force an armistice with the Cabal when he much preferred Maximum Genocide and he's not shy to tell literally everyone how terrible an idea it was to a degree which is getting distressingly close to Outright Fash

Dude needs to gently caress off back to his mountain because if this is leading towards a choice between Forever War with Saladin and Measured Peace with the Vanguard and new best character Crow I'm turning Saladin's ghost into an ashtray immediately, the moment I get the opportunity

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

SkyeAuroline posted:

FWIW, a few hours later and servers are back to normal.
Ran one nightfall for 100k, got a solid sev enclosure roll and a great pve palindrome. thanks bungie/10, makes up for 14 dead lost sector runs with no reward this week

True, but "normal" currently is still not great. They really need to fix this poo poo.

Oh boy an exotic drop!

The stag with poo poo stats

Lol, not even a power upgrade. I thought they fixed that issue too.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Meiteron posted:

All the battlefield dialogue has updated to reflect the end of the story (post-proving grounds) and Saladin's super duper unhappy that we opted for Champion-vs-Champion to force an armistice with the Cabal when he much preferred Maximum Genocide and he's not shy to tell literally everyone how terrible an idea it was to a degree which is getting distressingly close to Outright Fash

Dude needs to gently caress off back to his mountain because if this is leading towards a choice between Forever War with Saladin and Measured Peace with the Vanguard and new best character Crow I'm turning Saladin's ghost into an ashtray immediately, the moment I get the opportunity

Year, Saladin sucks rear end now. I know someone said it up thread before that Osiris is being a gently caress too but I just haven't really heard it yet. I think I heard the dialogue they meant, but it sounded more like Osiris would back Saladin IF it became necessary, which I'm sure Saladin didn't take any nuance from.

I'm not a fan of how whiny Osiris got early on this season or during the hunts, but he fixed it and was still telling Saladin off quite a bit plus crow poo poo all over him as well this week. loving amazing.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

PathAsc posted:

Year, Saladin sucks rear end now. I know someone said it up thread before that Osiris is being a gently caress too but I just haven't really heard it yet. I think I heard the dialogue they meant, but it sounded more like Osiris would back Saladin IF it became necessary, which I'm sure Saladin didn't take any nuance from.

I'm not a fan of how whiny Osiris got early on this season or during the hunts, but he fixed it and was still telling Saladin off quite a bit plus crow poo poo all over him as well this week. loving amazing.

Just came back to Destiny 2 after a long break, can someone help me with a gear question?
I see that each piece of gear I have now contains a maximum power cap, can this be raised in any way? I ask because I have a purple bow I love and have been using for years, and it looks like I'm going to have to abandon it completely if I can't level it up?

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth

Bushmaori posted:

Just came back to Destiny 2 after a long break, can someone help me with a gear question?
I see that each piece of gear I have now contains a maximum power cap, can this be raised in any way? I ask because I have a purple bow I love and have been using for years, and it looks like I'm going to have to abandon it completely if I can't level it up?

oh sweet summer childe. no you can't raise the cap, it's there to make you shard it or reserve it for non-level enabled modes and grind for either a similar weapon or even the exact same one with a higher cap

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Protagorean posted:

oh sweet summer childe. no you can't raise the cap, it's there to make you shard it or reserve it for non-level enabled modes and grind for either a similar weapon or even the exact same one with a higher cap

...it has a pve kill counter on it

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

PathAsc posted:

True, but "normal" currently is still not great. They really need to fix this poo poo.

Oh boy an exotic drop!

The stag with poo poo stats

Lol, not even a power upgrade. I thought they fixed that issue too.

Exotics always drop at power level, unless they're a milestone reward.

Bushmaori posted:

Don't worry about Maximum Power Cap, that's being removed next season. If you have anything from earlier when you played feel free to destroy it.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

RocketRaygun posted:

The expansions are currently on sale, for those of you waiting for them to go on sale.

50% off Forsaken and Shadowkeep
25% off Beyond Light
40% Legendary Edition (all expansions + current season)

There's a 100% chance I'll need beyond light + season to play VoG next season, isn't there?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Bushmaori posted:

...it has a pve kill counter on it

Look at the icon in the top left corner of the item, if the background color is white (the triangular section or whatever) then it's hosed and you have to move on get to enjoy more D2 time courtesy of Luke Smith.

Scyantific posted:

Exotics always drop at power level, unless they're a milestone reward.

That's loving stupid, when did that change? It used to be that until you hit cap that any exotic world drop was at least viable for raising power.

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

Bushmaori posted:

Anything with a white background colored banner/season icon is "sunset" and cant be raised anymore.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum
Some legendary bows (e.g. arsenic bite) will still drop in un-sunset form so you might be able to get a replacement with enough grinding, and anything that has not yet sunset (i.e. cap of 1310 or more) is good forever because they are removing sunsetting next season. What a crap experiment that was.

Edit: Also the BL Europa bow isn't bad, if you can get that.

Hobnob fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Apr 4, 2021

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Hobnob posted:

What a crap experiment that was.

They accomplished their primary goal of suppressing Mountaintop/Recluse/NF, I suppose.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

There's a 100% chance I'll need beyond light + season to play VoG next season, isn't there?

no idea, but given the fact that they did that for the strike this season, I would expect it.

Honestly, the BL Deluxe Edition is a pretty solid buy if you are enjoying the game. The seasons aren't going away, so you can always come back to that content later in the year. Witch Queen/Year 5 wont start until this time next year, so you've got plenty of time to come back to content you decided not to play for whatever reason.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

PathAsc posted:

Osiris is an interesting case this season because it almost seems like he's being influenced by who he's talking to at a given time. When Osiris and Saladin are talking Osiris seems to lean into Saladin's kill-em-all, xenophobic attitudes, but his positions soften up when he talks to Holliday or Crow. Meanwhile in Presage the second and third-loop dialogues with Caiatl has him go outright co-operative with our ostensible enemy, with the exploration of the Glykon temporarily removing any overt pressure for fighting.

I see this as being due to Osiris being old, old guard; the same era as Saladin himself, and they both found their place in the world in a lot more black-and-white, us-against-everyone time in the game's setting. He's slipping back into that mindset periodically when there isn't a younger voice to pull him back out of it; it's also pretty clear that he's hiding just how hosed up Sagira's death has left him, given that charged exchange with Crow in one of the quest endings (and at least one piece of lore written). Of course it's also possible the guy is simply clever enough to speak differently depending on who he's talking to and we don't really know what he truly thinks and supports.

It's also of course possible I'm reading too much into flavour dialogue for the season but the fact that I'm not sure about that still speaks to how much they've improved character writing this season compared to Destiny's baseline.

E: Speaking of good character writing I absolutely love how Crow and Holliday have really established their voices as a strong moral corner of Destiny characters. The first week of battlegrounds we get a post-fight dialogue where Crow's uncomfortable with Holliday depersonalizing the Cabal; the last week of battlegrounds we get Holliday arguing to Osiris that we should be reaching out to all of humanities enemies, even to try and see if there's anything worth reaching in the Hive. Girl went through an entire arc this season.

Meiteron fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Apr 4, 2021

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Paracelsus posted:

They accomplished their primary goal of suppressing Mountaintop/Recluse/NF, I suppose.

not really, since sunset gear was always still viable in non-power-enabled PVP. people stopped using them because they got specifically nerfed, which could have been done without neutering the loot pool and making entire paid DLCs drop worthless gear

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

Maybe, maybe not. Bungie could release VoG 3.0 as free to all players as a gesture of goodwill.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

PERMACAV 50 posted:

not really, since sunset gear was always still viable in non-power-enabled PVP. people stopped using them because they got specifically nerfed, which could have been done without neutering the loot pool and making entire paid DLCs drop worthless gear

Mountaintop was also one of the most used weapons in PvE to the point where almost nothing else was used in the kinetic slot.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009
Thanks for the help guys, guess I'll keep my old gear in the bank forever as now useless memory.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

i just want to be able to viably have a grenade launcher in every slot again

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Bushmaori posted:

Thanks for the help guys, guess I'll keep my old gear in the bank forever as now useless memory.
1) It's probably fine unless it has a little white triangle in one of the top corners. That means it was sunset last season. Any weapons without a white triangle will have the infusion caps removed.

Which bow is it, that might help clear things up.

2) You can still use it in crucible, gambit & patrols.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Scyantific posted:

Mountaintop was also one of the most used weapons in PvE to the point where almost nothing else was used in the kinetic slot.

This still could have been fixed with just a nerf.

At any rate, Banshee is selling Warmind’s Longevity today for the first time in a year :toot:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Even after nerf Recluse was everywhere. Sunsetting was used to nerf stuff like Blast Furnace, Hammerhead, Erentil, etc. that people would never stop using unless they just powercrept guns constantly (which they did throughout Y2)

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

RocketRaygun posted:

no idea, but given the fact that they did that for the strike this season, I would expect it.

Honestly, the BL Deluxe Edition is a pretty solid buy if you are enjoying the game. The seasons aren't going away, so you can always come back to that content later in the year. Witch Queen/Year 5 wont start until this time next year, so you've got plenty of time to come back to content you decided not to play for whatever reason.

That's probably what'll happen, but I'm about to hit the pinnacle grind and having more destiny content after risks distracting me from the trillion other games I have to play. I literally only picked it back up to play VoG again; getting rid of sunsetting and the accompanying philosophy shift makes me willing to engage with it beyond that, but I'm still not looking to do any grinding ever again.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Bobby Deluxe posted:

1) It's probably fine unless it has a little white triangle in one of the top corners. That means it was sunset last season. Any weapons without a white triangle will have the infusion caps removed.

Which bow is it, that might help clear things up.

2) You can still use it in crucible, gambit & patrols.

Subtle Calamity, and a bunch of other stuff that indeed has white triangles. Also I don't like crucible, gambit, and patrols, I pretty much just run strikes and story stuff with my friends.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Bushmaori posted:

Subtle Calamity, and a bunch of other stuff that indeed has white triangles. Also I don't like crucible, gambit, and patrols, I pretty much just run strikes and story stuff with my friends.

Biting Winds is a new Beyond Light bow of the same archetype, you should be able to find one you like and masterworking a weapon puts a kill tracker on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Meiteron posted:

Saladin's super duper unhappy that we opted for Champion-vs-Champion to force an armistice with the Cabal

PathAsc posted:

Year, Saladin sucks rear end now.

I wonder if they're leading towards ditching Iron Banner? That's the main reason for his character being around and if they're setting him up to be an outcast it makes me wonder about the game mode itself.

We're long overdue a cutscene of Shaxx being awesome, I think we should see him beat up Saladin and throw him off Felwinter Peak.