Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Trios 19 15.32%
Christian vs Kaz 4 3.23%
Arcade Anarchy 96 77.42%
Tay and Shida vs Nyla and The Bunny 5 4.03%
Total: 124 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

ICR posted:

This is the match I’m most excited about Wednesday. I got a feeling these two are gonna go balls to the walls.

https://twitter.com/realjddrake/status/1378755174244712450?s=21

having jd drake fight for the tnt title feels real weird but im sure the match will rule

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Jeff is the goddam worst

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

graph posted:

put the strap on pretty peters handsome stable imo

I'm really curious why his minions have been grouping without him, justice for PPA!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
the handsome pretty boys stable is incredible i hope it becomes a thing

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Aye Doc posted:

having jd drake fight for the tnt title feels real weird but im sure the match will rule

I most enjoyed the belt when it was constantly being sought by indie darlings. JD Drake still qualifies (I think this will be his first match on Dynamite). And I've got really high hopes for the match. I really like Drake, and I don't think I've seen a bad match from Allen.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

This JD vs. Darby promo is great.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Uhh just coming in to say this Darby and JD promo they just both just did is incredible.

Take the fanboy out of me. This was Darby’s best yet and this Road To is excellent. Wow

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Darby turning out to be an incredible promo two years into AEW is so weird.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Mr. Squishy posted:

I most enjoyed the belt when it was constantly being sought by indie darlings. JD Drake still qualifies (I think this will be his first match on Dynamite). And I've got really high hopes for the match. I really like Drake, and I don't think I've seen a bad match from Allen.

fair enough, i only know him as AEW Dark Jobber* JD Drake

*does not apply when facing Fuego Del Sol

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Double posting to say Darby and JD promos are incredible. Holy hell

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Darby vs Drake is going to be incredible.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

no lie "slightly weird-looking dude who thinks he's hot poo poo" is one of my favourite heel gimmicks ever, it never gets old no matter how many times I've seen it done

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i like how Darby is kinda doing the Cody thing from a way less self serving angle (which is fine that Cody does cause his character is a bit of an arrogant douche)

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

jesus WEP posted:

no lie "slightly weird-looking dude who thinks he's hot poo poo" is one of my favourite heel gimmicks ever, it never gets old no matter how many times I've seen it done

Infinite variability.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
aghhh, Road To was fantastic, can't wait to light the fuse!!!

i need the Good Brothers to be destroyed

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

MJeff posted:

I think since they see him as potentially a big future star, someone has been working hard with him on promos. I was also surprised at the promo he gave (which I think was only out there from fan recordings) after the match with Silver where John got hurt where he was like "I think you dislocated your shoulder halfway through the match, but goddamn did you give it your all." It seems like they are trying to help adjust him from "dark, brooding emo kid" to something slightly more expressive and heroic without changing too much of his total vibe.

Very impressed by JD Drake's promo there. He's got a great "working man" thing going on.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I just love that this dude challenging for the TNT title wednesday has an earnest tweet from last week that got like 10 reactions calling out the rando maintenance guy at his local bowling alley for loving something up on league night. Every sport needs a guy that makes fat slobs like me think "Huh. well gently caress, maybe I could do that?"

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I’ve watched the Darby v Drake promos now three times.

So much passion. So much fire. It just flows out without feeling forced. I felt both men were as authentic as it gets here. gently caress, I could dissect this piece by piece and it would amuse me just analyzing each sentence.

Felt SO good.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

ICR posted:

I’ve watched the Darby v Drake promos now three times.

where is it

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Can I get a linkski to this promo or is it just on the Road To thing on youtube?
E:
https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1379200396896436233

Edit: Dude sounds way more southern than I expected for some reason

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

explosivo posted:

Can I get a linkski to this promo or is it just on the Road To thing on youtube?
E:
https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1379200396896436233

It's the Road To thing. The first half is the two promos, then there's a Bucks/Kenny/Callis recap thing that you can skip if you've already been following that story.

(edit) didn't see that you already edited it in

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2L3q3ogEo0

YouTube link for people who want it.

I'm so glad this forum hopped on the Drake train and I'm even more excited to learn THAT THIS MOTHERFUCKER CAN PROMO

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

idk him at all, i'm excited to see the match

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Rarity posted:

Jeff is the goddam worst

He's a Tory?!? :ohdear:

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

JD Drake promo had shades of Tim Storm to me, and that's a massive compliment.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
i hope the good brothers beat everyone up and they give gallows unscripted mic time after each beatdown

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

yea ok posted:

idk him at all, i'm excited to see the match

I only knew him as the guy the internet was mystified didn’t get picked up to be stored in the Performance Center with everyone else from Evolve until he showed up on Dark last month to trade chops with Eddie Kingston.

AK-47
Jul 10, 2001

https://twitter.com/theAdamPage/status/1379217065186365440

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I am very happy to see Darby doing so well. It was clear AEW had big plans for him out the gate and he's lived up to that every time. He's going to be world champion some day.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

The Dork Elevator

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Eat My Fuc posted:

The Dork Elevator

no, Cody is on Wednesdays still

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I don't like Darby the person and I dont like Darby the camp CKY extra but he's an extremely competent professional wrestler.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Max Casters rap this week sucked

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

rantmo posted:

I'm really curious why his minions have been grouping without him, justice for PPA!

Was Prett Pete at the tapings? Like has Peter Avalon been on any of the hours and hours of AEW shows since the taping two weeks ago?

MJeff posted:

He thought was looking for a wrestling dad, instead he found his voice.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6gvQvpGwc0

Pretty interesting listen, nothing we don't already know but some good stories from Paul.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

PPA has not appeared on any program from the most recent cycle.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Same as it ever was

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Malcolm Excellent posted:

It was actually pretty good, the realdoll line was a little lame but not egregious.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I Before E posted:

It was actually pretty good, the realdoll line was a little lame but not egregious.

The worst part was it didn't fit the meter or rhyme scheme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The Paul Wight/John Silver segment on Dark Elevation was really good, I hope they do a bunch more interviews of him getting to know the roster.