Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
don't worry, toronto definitely has its poo poo together on D this year, those numbers are just aberrations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

MononcQc posted:

Draisaitl and McDavid still have no goals in 5 games against the habs. Both have only 2 assists. The other 62 points for McDavid and other 55 points for Draisatl are all against other teams.

That Danault line is doing some serious shutdown.

Well when the Habs are allowed to grab and trip them all night, it can be a bit tough!

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Everyone's allowed to grab and trip McDavid, it's the only way to prevent him from scoring 250 points a year.

Only reason the Senators and Flames don't do it more often is they can't even get close enough to them to grab/trip/hook them

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Does SAS know that Artemiy Panarin and Adam Fox are gods?

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Sooooo Fox for Norris?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

fawning deference posted:

Does SAS know that Artemiy Panarin and Adam Fox are gods?

Can confirm.

8 different players scored tonight for the rangers.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
It's wild that the Pens can play their most complete game in ages and utterly poo poo the bed in the next 2. I hope Burke isn't allowed to do anything too stupid.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

The Philadelphia Flyers are dogshit garbage

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

The flyers have an absurd ability to make 4th line nobody goalies look Vezina worthy

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
how many fuckin 8 goal games are the rags gonna get this year lol wtf

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

heehee posted:

how many fuckin 8 goal games are the rags gonna get this year lol wtf

https://twitter.com/MollieeWalkerr/status/1379606631605010432

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Panarin might be the best player in the NHL aside from McDavid

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

When the Rangers are bad holy poo poo they’re bad but nights like this are so much fun to watch. I’m really hoping Gorts uses his cap space wisely this summer because the future feels pretty drat bright right now.

Kakko was a bull on the boards tonight.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Jackets did that thing which was the opposite of losing tonight. :toot:

fawning deference posted:

Panarin might be the best player in the NHL aside from McDavid

If only he knew Columbus had garages. :(

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The three Rasmii scored goals tonight

Rasmus Asplund
Rasmus Dahlin
Rasmus Ristolainen

Also Casey Mittelstadt is good now. He’s worked hard to overcome his handicap of being a part of the Sabres organization. But seriously, good for him.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Btw Quinton Byfield has 19 points in 24 games in the AHL. He turns 19 in August.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Seriously, check out these extremely good plays by Mittelstadt from the past two games:

https://twitter.com/sabresplays/status/1378490799688667142?s=21

https://twitter.com/sabresplays/status/1379577087196037123?s=21

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

rex rabidorum vires posted:

It's wild that the Pens can play their most complete game in ages and utterly poo poo the bed in the next 2. I hope Burke isn't allowed to do anything too stupid.

Both terrible games they played at the same time as the Pirates. That stench of failure permeated across multiple cities.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

The three Rasmii scored goals tonight

Rasmus Asplund
Rasmus Dahlin
Rasmus Ristolainen

Also Casey Mittelstadt is good now. He’s worked hard to overcome his handicap of being a part of the Sabres organization. But seriously, good for him.

I mean, he was good in high school and college too. Former Mr Hockey you have there. He was good during his one year at Minnesota too. I’d think the last two seasons under Krueger are more of a not-normal and with an actual coach and system he’ll be a decent player for a few years. He won’t be scoring 50 goals, but 50-60 points might be achievable.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/Sz1909_Szemberg/status/1379706597304320003

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Jhet posted:

I mean, he was good in high school and college too. Former Mr Hockey you have there. He was good during his one year at Minnesota too. I’d think the last two seasons under Krueger are more of a not-normal and with an actual coach and system he’ll be a decent player for a few years. He won’t be scoring 50 goals, but 50-60 points might be achievable.

The issues go back to when they pulled him out of college early and burned a year off his ELC to play him in like three games at the end of a lost season. Then Housley was playing him as 2C when he clearly wasn’t ready for the NHL. They should’ve sent him down to the Amerks way earlier so he could gain some confidence. But I think he’s finally got the size and skill to be a genuine NHL Center. Which is great for them, considering the issues they’ve had with that position for like a decade. Now if only they could improve at every other position, too!

Edit: forgot to mention that Granato is letting Dahlin be Dahlin again so he’s pulling off poo poo like this:

https://twitter.com/sabresplays/status/1379593015556243458?s=21

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Apr 7, 2021

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

loving brutal :(

And I HATED Emelin on the Habs, but nobody deserves this.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/IneffectiveMath/status/1379773329146544129

Jesus Christ :stare:

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

The issues go back to when they pulled him out of college early and burned a year off his ELC to play him in like three games at the end of a lost season. Then Housley was playing him as 2C when he clearly wasn’t ready for the NHL. They should’ve sent him down to the Amerks way earlier so he could gain some confidence. But I think he’s finally got the size and skill to be a genuine NHL Center. Which is great for them, considering the issues they’ve had with that position for like a decade. Now if only they could improve at every other position, too!

Edit: forgot to mention that Granato is letting Dahlin be Dahlin again so he’s pulling off poo poo like this:

https://twitter.com/sabresplays/status/1379593015556243458?s=21
I think Mitts was a chubby, physically underdeveloped teenager who had coasted by on skill alone his entire hockey career and then had a very rude awakening when he was called up to the NHL too soon.

It took a few years but he put in the work in the gym and the kitchen, put on muscle and lost the baby fat.

And he put in the work on the ice in the AHL.

I was really worried he wasn’t even going to make the NHL, with how bad he looked under Housely. So if he continues on his current trajectory and ends up a 50point 2c I’d be thrilled.

Dahlin unleashed and pulls off this highlight reel keep in and assist.
https://twitter.com/SabresPlays/status/1379603756703158272?s=20

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
Really thinking all those games against the Sabres, Devils and Flyers make the Caps' record look better than the team actually is. I would otherwise say the Caps are approaching their usual 2/3rds slump with the Isles eating their lunch again.

Their defense is just not very good.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Chad Sexington posted:

Really thinking all those games against the Sabres, Devils and Flyers make the Caps' record look better than the team actually is. I would otherwise say the Caps are approaching their usual 2/3rds slump with the Isles eating their lunch again.

That Brenden Dillon $3.9M x 4 years contract looked bad from the get-go but he has been even worse than I thought he would be this year.

I think the Caps are fine, but the Islanders are clearly a better team right now. They're just so drat annoying and structured.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

stab posted:

loving brutal :(

And I HATED Emelin on the Habs, but nobody deserves this.

Same. Except when they were playing against Lucic. Then I loved him.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

It seems a given that Pearson is going to sign a three year extension for around $3m per. Just why?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Chad Sexington posted:

They poo poo the bed that other crazy game 4 to 8 or whatever but then they held them to 1 goal in this one. Is it concerning? Sure. But the sky ain’t falling.

I wouldn’t call it a 2/3 slump either, things just feel so vastly different with Laviolette in charge instead of Reirden. Goaltending looks good enough for a cup run and most of the superstars are on top of their game. Just need some more out of the bottom half of the roster.

All that said, the East is going to be a nightmare division to get out of once the playoffs hit. I kinda hope we draw the Penguins in the first round. The Caps should not be allowed a Stanley Cup win unless they beat the Penguins in a playoff series.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

ThinkTank posted:

It seems a given that Pearson is going to sign a three year extension for around $3m per. Just why?

Because I deserve good things in my life

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Are you Tanner Pearson?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

I hope Connor McDavid snaps out of the fugue state he's been for the past five years and realizes he could do what he does and get paid just as much literally anywhere else.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

th3t00t posted:

I think Mitts was a chubby, physically underdeveloped teenager who had coasted by on skill alone his entire hockey career and then had a very rude awakening when he was called up to the NHL too soon.

It took a few years but he put in the work in the gym and the kitchen, put on muscle and lost the baby fat.

This is entirely on point. It doesn’t happen every year, but it happens often enough. The difference being most of the guys that sign when the college season is done go straight to the AHL to learn that bigger and faster game to make the step better and get the physical part down better. He’s got the hands and the head to be a good part, but some of them just need a little more help with not rushing into it.

I distinctly remember the Islanders doing it with Okposo, only they took him in the middle of the season he was having at Minnesota (and it incensed me then because he was playing and putting up top 6 points that weren’t replaced). At least they only played him 9 games so they didn’t burn that contract year? I just remember being really cranky with the timing.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Vanacek was incredibly good last night and the only reason the isles didn't score four or five goals

That's back to back games where the isles' shot charts looked like that and they faced incredible goaltending with Hart doing the same the other night. So I'm cool with that ending now thanks

The isles won both games so it's obviously not too terrible but I'd still like to see some of their streaky guys like beauvilier get rewarded when they play this well

E: here's the flyers game I was referencing https://twitter.com/iortizm/status/1379121657214869508?s=21

Iodised QQ fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Apr 7, 2021

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
I just realized there's a decent chance the Avalanche could play the Panthers in the Stanley Cup.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/status/1379813486230966278

yeeeesh

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

reading the covid thread it's apparently the real nasty gently caress p.1 variant going around Vancouver right now so hopefully any Vancouver goons out there are staying safe and those infected recover quickly with no lingering problems

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Between the Canucks and general talk over a fourth surge, I'm beginning to wonder how many outbreaks it would take for the league to shut down again.

On a happier note, Oliver Bjorkstrand and Jack Roslovic are both on what would be a 60ish point pace over an 82 game season. Hopefully, CBJ get a coach who gets along well with the other guy from that trade, because that could be a dynamic line? :ohdear:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

Between the Canucks and general talk over a fourth surge, I'm beginning to wonder how many outbreaks it would take for the league to shut down again.

On a happier note, Oliver Bjorkstrand and Jack Roslovic are both on what would be a 60ish point pace over an 82 game season. Hopefully, CBJ get a coach who gets along well with the other guy from that trade, because that could be a dynamic line? :ohdear:

The US really, really needs to because this next one is obviously gonna tear through the schools and while a lot of teachers are vaccinated now, the kids sure as hell aren't/can't be and that we know this can have longterm health effects on peak athletes makes it pretty terrifying for what it means for the prospects of the next generation. We're already condemning them to climate hell, giving them longterm health conditions is adding injury to a giant insult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

ThinkTank posted:

I hope Connor McDavid snaps out of the fugue state he's been for the past five years and realizes he could do what he does and get paid just as much literally anywhere else.

Literally the opposite of a good thing in my life!!!