Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Twitter having a field day with Raquel.

Also lol:

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1379989744235450369

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

DarkstarIV posted:

In 2018 she made a remark about how Mexicans need to get back on their taco trucks and leave the country. She also supports a border wall and separation of family at the border. Of course, it didn't stop there. All through 2020 she supported various right wing movements and especially Donald Trump, regularly liking and commenting on his Instagram posts. But, to add more fuel onto the fire, she didn't take COVID guidelines seriously as she was spotted at several biker rallies with Braun Strowman, with none of them wearing masks, of course.

It didn't gain much traction because before this point she was pretty much flying under the radar, as no one really cared about what she did. But now that she's the champion, it'll be interesting to see if some of this stuff actually gains traction. Because if so, it will get awfully ugly for WWE. Especially since they are trying to break into the latin market.

This isn't good by any stretch but it also seems par for the course for WWE. I doubt it will gain any traction. This is the company about to do a Nigerian War Drum Match at Wrestlemania with a guy doing a fake Nigerian accent.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Seams posted:

This isn't good by any stretch but it also seems par for the course for WWE. I doubt it will gain any traction. This is the company about to do a Nigerian War Drum Match at Wrestlemania with a guy doing a fake Nigerian accent.

WWE Employs multiple sex pests and feature them prominently on multiple shows with no repercussions. There's no way the C show women's champ being a chud will matter in the long run.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Triple H’s friend: Triple H is basically Scorsese
https://twitter.com/wonf4w/status/1379992499398324226?s=21

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

njsykora posted:

It explains his attitude towards Batista being in Guardians of the Galaxy.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Benne posted:

It's probably because Vince thinks muscular Black women aren't attractive

If she were to sign with the WWE, Jade's ceiling would be a less sexed up Jacqueline.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

njsykora posted:

Vince is Tommy Wiseau

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Forceholy posted:

If she were to sign with the WWE, Jade's ceiling would be a less sexed up Jacqueline.
There's no question in my mind she would've ended up as like Lashley's valet or something

Or worse, Crews' valet complete with a fake Nigerian accent

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

Vince is Tommy Wiseau

"I did not screw Bret. I did not do it. It's bullshit. I did not screw him. I did not.

Oh, wassup my-"

"CUT"

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

peacock opening the settings tab for the content library they just purchased:

Settings tab or search filter?

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
Past midnight in DC, time to mourn The Ultimate Warrior who left this world seven years ago

or not lmfao

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

DarkstarIV posted:

She's a fine hoss, but not someone you want leading your division either. It's the Shayna problem all over again. In that she looks threatening, but won't be bringing any new viewers to the product.

Man, don't even put the thought of Io getting called up into my head. I have zero confidence she gets used properly. But I agree in that if she loses, she is getting called up (which is unfortunate because I don't see her being utilized properly at all, especially if she gets sent to RAW). Because otherwise NXT runs the risk of Io overshadowing Raquel still.

Did Raquel hurt you personally. I can't fathom giving a poo poo of any wrestler in WWE or NXT much, yet she's been in almost every post of yours the last few days

I wouldn't even know who she was if it wasn't for you.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

DarkstarIV posted:

In 2018 she made a remark about how Mexicans need to get back on their taco trucks and leave the country. She also supports a border wall and separation of family at the border. Of course, it didn't stop there. All through 2020 she supported various right wing movements and especially Donald Trump, regularly liking and commenting on his Instagram posts. But, to add more fuel onto the fire, she didn't take COVID guidelines seriously as she was spotted at several biker rallies with Braun Strowman, with none of them wearing masks, of course.

It didn't gain much traction because before this point she was pretty much flying under the radar, as no one really cared about what she did. But now that she's the champion, it'll be interesting to see if some of this stuff actually gains traction. Because if so, it will get awfully ugly for WWE. Especially since they are trying to break into the latin market.

That's a real loving good look for a person with the last name Gonzalez. I swear to God, Latinx just in a race to try and see themselves show their whole loving rear end towards the rest of POC. I say this as a fifth gen Texan, full blooded Hispanic, whose family comes from migrant workers. It only takes a few decades living that good upper mid class life to just conveniently forget where you come from. Goddammit sorry for ranting.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Barreft posted:

Did Raquel hurt you personally. I can't fathom giving a poo poo of any wrestler in WWE or NXT much, yet she's been in almost every post of yours the last few days

I wouldn't even know who she was if it wasn't for you.
she's a bigot op

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
The only thing Vince might do upon hearing this whoever-this-is is a Trump supporter is give her a raise

But it's women's division so maybe he wouldn't

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Super racist company isn't going to punish somebody for racism unless it affects the bottom line.
Nothing ever affects WWE's bottom line.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/1379972244575809537

Why do they use the same language for everything? Don't describe the guys who joined less than 6 months ago winning as "long overdue".

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Big fan of the one who doesn’t look like Brad Maddox’s clearly visible “excitement”.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Wazzu posted:

Why do they use the same language for everything? Don't describe the guys who joined less than 6 months ago winning as "long overdue".

Weessssss Leeeeeeeeeeeeee

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Wazzu posted:

Long overdue is like.. Cesaro winning a title. These guys joined during the dusty classic.

I'd just call this regular due. It's about as overdue as my breakfast is at 7:30

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Apr 8, 2021

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

Barreft posted:

I can't fathom giving a poo poo of any wrestler in WWE or NXT much
What are you doing in this thread?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DarkstarIV posted:

WWE has literal pedophiles on their roster, Raquel being a chud isn't going to mean poo poo

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

keithy george posted:

What are you doing in this thread?

does this forum have any genuine, wholehearted wwe fans left

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

flatluigi posted:

No because they don't want to post here

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

Rarity posted:

WWE has literal pedophiles on their roster, Raquel being a chud isn't going to mean poo poo
Yeah, considering that Velveteen Dream is still employed, Jordan Devlin is not only still employed but a champion in a fairly major storyline right now, and Matt Riddle is not only still employed but also a champion on the main roster and had his name changed to prevent search engines bringing back stories about him being a piece of poo poo, a woman having terrible opinions on immigrants (and opinions in general) isn't going to really matter to the higher ups.

That said, I do have to ask you this Darkstar - considering your rather strong love of the Joshis that would you be as outraged as you seem to be if it was Raquel taking the title off of Ember or Storm or Dakota or Shotzi or any non-Japanese woman?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I enjoy main roster WWE more than NXT these days. There's something about the PWG/EVOLVE style filtered through the WWE system that just grates on me. I can't really explain it very well. Main roster WWE however remains a complete car crash which is entertaining in its own way.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Jiro posted:

That's a real loving good look for a person with the last name Gonzalez. I swear to God, Latinx just in a race to try and see themselves show their whole loving rear end towards the rest of POC. I say this as a fifth gen Texan, full blooded Hispanic, whose family comes from migrant workers. It only takes a few decades living that good upper mid class life to just conveniently forget where you come from. Goddammit sorry for ranting.

Assimilation is a hell of a drug.

If I ever had kids (lol), I know there is more than a 50% chance they would want RaHoWa.

Besides, you're treating Latinos as a monolith. Cubans are a solid conservative block in Florida.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Hoss Corncave posted:

Yeah, considering that Velveteen Dream is still employed, Jordan Devlin is not only still employed but a champion in a fairly major storyline right now, and Matt Riddle is not only still employed but also a champion on the main roster and had his name changed to prevent search engines bringing back stories about him being a piece of poo poo, a woman having terrible opinions on immigrants (and opinions in general) isn't going to really matter to the higher ups.

That said, I do have to ask you this Darkstar - considering your rather strong love of the Joshis that would you be as outraged as you seem to be if it was Raquel taking the title off of Ember or Storm or Dakota or Shotzi or any non-Japanese woman?

I would argue yes, it would irritate me just as much. At the end of the day, Raquel is still a huge piece of poo poo, regardless of who she beat for the title. And it's an ugly look to have someone...opinionated as her beating up a minority or non-US citizen for a title, considering her views on immigration and race.

Racism shouldn't be rewarded. But the damage has been done. And Triple H doesn't care, as he thinks Raquel holding the title will make her into some big star that everyone will love and worship.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Haven't listened to all of it yet, but on Renee's podcast she mentions this weekend is Cesaro's first singles match on a Wrestlemania. :psyduck:

bartok
May 10, 2006

Max Coveri posted:

Past midnight in DC, time to mourn The Ultimate Warrior who left this world seven years ago

or not lmfao

On the same day and one year after Margaret Thatcher.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Does anyone have a list of the Warrior Award of Excellence or what the gently caress ever recipients?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

bartok posted:

On the same day and one year after Margaret Thatcher.

she was fearless and crazier than him. she was his queen. and god help anyone who dared to disrespect his queen

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jiro posted:

It's really more like 2/3 nationalism, 1/3 racism.

That's not better but it's where the disconnect comes from.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

flatluigi posted:

I like some NXT matches

mainly those involving WALTER

kitten emergency posted:

i'm preemptively mourning for io's entrance to get taken from her

best entrance in WWE

she's hosed on the main roster

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I think the hottest take I've seen from last night's Takeover is that Io made Raquel look like poo poo apparently and is incredibly selfish? Because she controlled like 95% of the match.

The selfish comments are especially funny considering Thunder Rosa has mentioned that Io is one of the most selfless and wonderful women she's ever shared a locker room with.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Apr 8, 2021

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
I was a genuine fan when the hurt business and roman reigns heel turn was heating up and sasha got the title, honest to god thought they got their poo poo back together for a bit

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Please breathe, Darkstar

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Kunabomber posted:

honest to god thought they got their poo poo back together for a bit

Haha

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

DarkstarIV posted:

I think the hottest take I've seen from last night's Takeover is that Io made Raquel look like poo poo apparently and is incredibly selfish? Because she controlled like 95% of the match.

You don't have to read all the hot takes online, just... go off twitter or wherever

Kunabomber posted:

I was a genuine fan when the hurt business and roman reigns heel turn was heating up and sasha got the title, honest to god thought they got their poo poo back together for a bit

Hurt business was their best act in years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

man where'd darkstar go, I'd really like them to come back

*darkstar comes back*

no not like that