Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

You can remove it entirely in Powershell with these commands, but sometimes it comes back during Windows update:

Get-AppxPackage -allusers XboxApp | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage -allusers XboxApp | Remove-AppxPackage

That poo poo is legitimately malware.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Diablo II: Resurrected is having an alpha single player weekend and it’s looking pretty fun on Twitch so far. Hard to believe the original came out over 20 years ago.

Edit: The music is still so good, hot drat.

Ragequit fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Apr 10, 2021

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
The Diablo II remaster looks shockingly good. Did they learn their lesson from the disastrous WC3 remaster they dumped out?

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

People ask me why I swapped over to Linux ages ago, and it's been so long that sometimes I forget the passionate motivation that I had in my youth. This rekindled that sentiment, thank you.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I love my Windows Gamebar™ and I've never seen that achievements pop-up. I wonder what the trigger for it is.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Serephina posted:

People ask me why I swapped over to Linux ages ago, and it's been so long that sometimes I forget the passionate motivation that I had in my youth. This rekindled that sentiment, thank you.

I tried full-timing Linux when I bought my new rig about a year ago, but I couldn't get G-Sync working well enough and reluctantly went back.

Hopefully next time.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

pentyne posted:

The Diablo II remaster looks shockingly good. Did they learn their lesson from the disastrous WC3 remaster they dumped out?

They disbanded the WC3 remaster team and acquired the studio behind the excellent THPS1+2 and Crash Trilogy remakes to handle future remasters like Diablo 2

so yes

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

pentyne posted:

Presumably yes. Warcraft III: Remastered was outsourced to Malaysian Lemon Sky Studios, which is a 300-350 person art and animation studio known for extreme crunch so they can take on contracts for dozens of projects. Diablo II is being tackled by the 200-person NY-based Vicarious Visions which has been subsidiary to Activision since 2005 and recently folded into Blizzard proper to work just on Blizzard projects. Lots more staff on one project and much closer to Blizzard.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Hey, maybe this is a crazy idea, but maybe, just maybe Blizzard should remake the WC3 Remaster now that they have a proper team for it?

Or at the very least, let people use the older version of WC3 that they paid for years ago.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Propaganda Hour posted:

Presumably yes. Warcraft III: Remastered was outsourced to Malaysian Lemon Sky Studios, which is a 300-350 person art and animation studio known for extreme crunch so they can take on contracts for dozens of projects. Diablo II is being tackled by the 200-person NY-based Vicarious Visions which has been subsidiary to Activision since 2005 and recently folded into Blizzard proper to work just on Blizzard projects. Lots more staff on one project and much closer to Blizzard.

I imagine they wanted a quick and dirty turnaround from Lemon Sky and thought the player base was going to take it sitting down. Like the exec that made that decision not have any idea whatsoever what that fanbase was/is like?

Saoshyant posted:

Hey, maybe this is a crazy idea, but maybe, just maybe Blizzard should remake the WC3 Remaster now that they have a proper team for it?

Or at the very least, let people use the older version of WC3 that they paid for years ago.

The sheer arrogance of taking away the old version i guess answers my question.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Saoshyant posted:

please look forward to warcraft 3 remaster: rebirth dlc that will fix everything for only $20

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
You can still play the Warcraft III classic campaign and everything, but the multiplayer got forcibly updated which sucked. I think they lost tournaments, clans, and some ladder features which still haven't been re-added. And custom map creators had to completely remake everything in the Reforged engine, even if they look the same. I'm not 100% though, but here have some 1440p screenshots of Warcraft III Classic I today. I refunded Reforged like a week after it came out.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

The team of people that made and was meant to support WC3: Reforged got scattered to the wind about 6 months ago so it is very unlikely the game will see much improvement. Last patch: October 21st, 2020.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

ErrEff posted:

The team of people that made and was meant to support WC3: Reforged got scattered to the wind about 6 months ago so it is very unlikely the game will see much improvement. Last patch: October 21st, 2020.

The PTR was updated on March 16th. They're still working away at it https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/warcraft3/t/ptr-patch-notes-version-13210-updated-march-16/26817

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
I still haven't forgiven Blizzard for WC3: Reforged.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Trails of Cold Steel IV is out, and the basic version costs $80 CDN in launch week, up from $70 CDN from Cold Steel III. What I'm not clear on is if the Launch Week edition costs 80 because it has a handful of small bonuses, or if the price will drop once the launch week is over and the bonuses won't be available. If I knew the price would drop, I could hold off.

I suppose I can do that anyway and wait for a sale later on, since I should play Zero and Azure first.

Never mind, thanks a lot to END ME SCOOB!

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Apr 10, 2021

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
April 10th is the one-year anniversary of the release of Final Fantasy VII Remake on PS4. What are the odds Square will announce a PC release date within the next week? Is the Intergrade version on PS5 going to reset the usual 12-month exclusivity window to start on June 10th?

Orv
May 4, 2011

A good poster posted:

April 10th is the one-year anniversary of the release of Final Fantasy VII Remake on PS4. What are the odds Square will announce a PC release date within the next week? Is the Intergrade version on PS5 going to reset the usual 12-month exclusivity window to start on June 10th?

:shrug: The good money was on a years exclusivity but AFAIK they also haven't said any official word of that at all so it could be within the next week and it could be months yet.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Propaganda Hour posted:

Command & Conquer Remastered Collection was a collaboration between Lemon Sky and Petroglyph. I guess it works better when you’ve got some of the original game devs keeping oversight with the outsource studio doing the grunt work.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Mierenneuker posted:

Command & Conquer Remastered Collection was a collaboration between Lemon Sky and Petroglyph. I guess it works better when you’ve got some of the original game devs keeping oversight with the outsource studio doing the grunt work.

Lemon Sky also did the Starcraft Remaster.

It was the horrendous management at Activision-Blizzard which ruined Warcraft 3 Reforged more than anything.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Jamfrost posted:

I still haven't forgiven Blizzard for WC3: Reforged.

I still haven't forgiven Blizzard for their collaboration with a fascist dictatorship, but hey to each their own.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
I'm a bit of a sucker for city builders so I got Nebuchadnezzar the moment it was released and I was kinda disappointed in it. It was 'old school' in the sense that everything was awkward for no reason, but the killer was the fact that the maps were so cramped and tiny. Not in a fun build your way around this site but in a 'why can't I just have 20 more tiles around the edges?'. When I got to map 6 I took one look at it and just turned the game off. I haven't even been tempted to play it again. Couple of days ago a patch dropped:

- enlarged mission 6 map
- enlarged mission 7 map
- enlarged mission 8 map
- enlarged mission 9 map

Makes me laugh. I wonder what kind of nightmare map 9 was if I thought 6 was a game killer.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

DatonKallandor posted:

I still haven't forgiven Blizzard for their collaboration with a fascist dictatorship, but hey to each their own.

It feels like gamers will really forgive anything as soon as there's something new and shiny announced.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Propaganda Hour posted:

Oh, so it's the real-deal Blizzard making it? Well in that case I'm looking forward to an even larger garbage fire than the WC3 Remaster

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/patrickklepek/status/1380629877431369732

SimonChris fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Apr 17, 2021

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

This is amazing

sad question
May 30, 2020

At the start I though the developer was a giant creep. At the end I am wondering if it's actually Kojima's new project.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Love this weird Chinese view of rural America, where the average B&B is a huge, multi-storied complex and a loaf of bread costs $500.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
the backward movement having the forward-running animation is giving me an eye-spasm

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Mierenneuker posted:

Lemon Sky just did the art, which was the least of WC3R’s sins. And yes, their main issue was that they had very little direction from the Blizzard team (which they’ve said in interviews).

They don’t deserve any of the blame for how WC3R turned out IMO.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Homefront is top of the community recommends section today.
It would be quite funny if the studio completely misunderstands and greenlights a new homefront

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
From same game. This reads like dialogue from The Room

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Maybe a reference to a certain Folgers commercial

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/veryfriendly/status/1380602979296813056

I am morbidly curious how this actually plays, but not enough to give the developers 14.99. I mean how big is that open world?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

im guessing the prices were originally in yen or whatever and they just went through and changed the symbol and not the values to make them make sense

sad question
May 30, 2020

I'm guessing the crisis is hyper inflation caused by repeated attacks by groups of wolves.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Fending off wolves while carrying a printer through the wilderness for a girl I stalk and spy on

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

A future classic of the waifus and wolfus genre.

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

the weirdest part is how the gun doesnt point at the target until you shoot it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

DatonKallandor posted:

Props to Blitzchung for taking that L and giving me an easy out from WoW Classic.