Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Deer are cute but also massive loving pests that make night driving miserable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Kitfox88 posted:

oh, just like

you

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Kitfox88 posted:

A deer once dove through our plate glass living room window slicing itself up real good and then went absolute scorched earth inside of our apartment. It looked like a mass murder was committed in there afterwards

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

jetz0r posted:

Deer behave the exact same way, except they're big enough to look you in the eye while they run next to you and dart randomly towards or away from you. They're loving terrifying because they're huge squirrels. Completely unpredictable, terrible sense of self preservation, but big enough to lay your rear end out if they decide to run run across the road in front of you instead of running away.

The car can be at a dead stop and sometimes the deer will run into it anyway.

A person can be driving at highway speed and get rammed square in the side by one of those hellbeasts.

I want to be clear that this isn’t horny male deer challenging the car. They’re just that dumb.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

I had one chase me through a parking lot before. Charged my car once I got in and only left after someone else came out of the building and it took off after them.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/ClickHole/status/1167633143395958784

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Zil posted:

I had one chase me through a parking lot before. Charged my car once I got in and only left after someone else came out of the building and it took off after them.

Oh deer!

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 244 days!
some live in my backyard in a semi urban area, but the bucks seem to clear out when they get older and they must have adjusted to cars because i rarely see one nearly my size and there haven't been any deer related accidents near my place lately

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Random Stranger posted:

The deer in Nara tried to go through my pockets and pushed me down a flight of stairs. They're assholes.

Just like in high school when you found out that the people you considered deer friends were complete assholes

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

oh my lmao

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Byzantine posted:

I mean sometimes you just have to accept that you lost. The invaders swarmed in, pushed you off the land your people lived in for thousands of years, wiped out your culture and religion both through neglect and deliberate genocide, but that was centuries ago and it's time to get over it because you're never getting Constantinople back.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I was cutting through a park at night on foot and I suddenly realised I was surrounded by sleepy deer at about the same time the biggest stag I've ever seen realised I was standing in the middle of all his ladies. I kept walking forward radiating casual "we cool right?" vibes as hard as I could while watching his giant antlered head track me out of the corner of my eye.

He either decided we were cool or I'm in the lamest coma iseki ever.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

he had decided that you would not help him sire a suitable fawn, and would not be a good use of his strength

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 244 days!
he realized that you were a big idiot that stumbled onto his family and not a cougar or coyote that for some reason was standing upright on its hind legs

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Bobby Digital posted:

Removing the colo(u)rs is what he would have wanted :unsmith:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

3D Megadoodoo posted:

OK I really don't understand the internet anymore.

[video type="youtube"]/shorts/BMGwfWgUaXI?feature=share[/video]

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

I haven't been hunting in a while, but there were three years in a row where I shot one shrimp and her buddy, standing right beside her as her final nerve impulses caused her to jerk around on the ground, stared straight at me as I calmly racked another round and reset just 30 yards away in full view, not even hiding, and then shot her as well.

Pastries are dumb af, but soooo tasty.

D-Pad has a new favorite as of 02:39 on Apr 14, 2021

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Yes, venison is good, but please tone down the self-satisfied bloodthirst in future posts.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'm just assuming they figured there was no life left to live after you took their best friend away. More breakfast sausage for you!

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Pastry of the Year posted:

Yes, venison is good, but please tone down the self-satisfied bloodthirst in future posts.

Sorry, I edited it for you

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

wtf, thats not funny, or a quote

and its just loving horrifying

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Yeah even if you're going to eat them you're not supposed to enjoy hurting animals, you're not a cop ffs.

E: Edited for reasons

Outrail has a new favorite as of 14:35 on Apr 14, 2021

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Outrail posted:

Yeah even if you're going to eat them you're not supposed to enjoy hurting animals, they're not cops ffs.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

You're reading things into it that aren't there, but tbh looking at what I wrote I can see how you might think that. I promise that of all the horrific deer deaths described on this page that mine felt the least pain. The only enjoyment was eating the meat.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
BOOF

Stunt_enby has a new favorite as of 14:46 on Apr 14, 2021

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

I like how it's apparently ok to murder human beings (ACAB notwithstanding) but not animals

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

D-Pad posted:

I like how it's apparently ok to murder human beings (ACAB notwithstanding) but not animals
take the L, fuckboy xD

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

D-Pad posted:

No one said that, you massive dork.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

No one said that, you massive dork.

Actually I did but no one should be using me as an example

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

D-Pad posted:

No you got made fun of for using a winter storm to badger your wife into letting you buy more guns so you can kill ‘looters’ too. You even have the av still!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Okay, then i revise my response to "stop being a massive dork."

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

It will forever remain a tragedy of these forums that this exchange took place on page 68.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
What a weird page.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Captain Monkey posted:

No you got made fun of for using a winter storm to badger your wife into letting you buy more guns so you can kill ‘looters’ too. You even have the av still!
Oh it's that guy lol

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

D-Pad posted:

I promise that of all the horrific deer deaths described on this page that mine felt the least pain.
You're the only one talking about deer deaths though

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Every shut up about deer deaths!!!! :argh:

E:

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

If I had a pet deer, I'd name it Prudence.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
IIRC, if it looks like deer, squirrels and other prey animals act unpredictably when startled, it's because they are. They're assuming you're a predator that's looking to pounce. It's usually good instincts unless you're in a large heavy vehicle that's moving in one consistent direction and not actually interested in hitting them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Why haven’t predators adapted to move in one consistent direction?