Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Dramatika posted:

Maybe hydro and dendro will trigger some sort of root CC mechanic? Or maybe a Rot DoT?

Yeah, there is already the thing of dendro samachurls bringing up the thorny vines and I've been thinking about that too; hydro making them grow out of the ground to bind and damage enemies. Could make for a cool mechanic, especially if it works on bigger enemies to cc them. But then there's like, cryo+dendro or electro+dendro, hard to imagine what those do.

aparmenideanmonad posted:

Hydro/dendro should make the enemy stronger but increase drop rates associated with it - Magic Find reaction basically.

Not sure how I'd feel about making enemies stronger but if it were something that unique it would at least be interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Dramatika posted:

Maybe hydro and dendro will trigger some sort of root CC mechanic? Or maybe a Rot DoT?

gently caress me with a rake if that's what happens.

Everyone knows getting frozen, bubbled, or put in that stupid loving ice cage in the abyss are everyones' favorite parts of Genshin.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Personally, I liked the patch where you could kill yourself on your own fire in three seconds without the need of an elemental reaction.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

dioxazine posted:

Personally, I liked the patch where you could kill yourself on your own fire in three seconds without the need of an elemental reaction.

They hot fixed it right away, as I recalled. Lacking any fire character besides amber at the time, I never got to witness it.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
My recollection is that only resin-refreshers were at an AR where it was ultra significant - most normal players were still at WL3 to 4 or so and it scaled dramatically with each WL increase after WL3. So the change hit their biggest spenders the hardest and their biggest spenders were all using Diluc and Klee exclusively back then, which really made Mihoyo act fast to revert it.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Apr 14, 2021

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
I was using Klee then. I liked the change, made me have to play smarter.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

How many of yall use Ganyu as a main carry? I put some resources into her 80/80 and 6/6/6 with a Harp and 2 Glad 2 BS but the charged shot spam feels janky to me

She gets big 25k crits but getting knocked out of your charge is annoying and its even more annoying when the arrow whiffs

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
I think it would have been fine to keep the higher damage grass fires if they made it easier to extinguish. Takes 2 Mona charge shots and XQ's sword charges don't do anything even though they get eaten by grass fires. Oz takes out camp fires, but just makes things explode in grass fire. Not sure if one Chongyun E takes out grass fire. As it is, the only practical way to put out fires in the middle of a fight is "just use Ganyu 4head."

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
I found it pretty insignificant when using Diluc while I had Barbara with her E on the team, but without her or another healer it became annoying since I either had to hit up a statue or go into my bags to use healing food somwhat regularly, and using food after a fight just felt like it was costing me more in materials than the fight was getting me. Plus going through the bags all the time was annoying (NRE is a lifesaver there).

It's still dangerous if you're around those dendro casters though. Hoh boy that hurts.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Hexel posted:

How many of yall use Ganyu as a main carry? I put some resources into her 80/80 and 6/6/6 with a Harp and 2 Glad 2 BS but the charged shot spam feels janky to me

She gets big 25k crits but getting knocked out of your charge is annoying and its even more annoying when the arrow whiffs

I run her with Zhongli so I just face tank literally everything. Zhongli is incredibly broken and I love him.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Hexel posted:

It's about shielding her, learning how/when to dodge, and/or freezing your opponents so you don't need to worry about it. I personally use Diona, and it's about learning how to aim. Again, if you don't like playing her or are not interested in mastering her, or you play on mobile, you can focus elsewhere

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

I run her with Zhongli so I just face tank literally everything. Zhongli is incredibly broken and I love him.

The sheer number of intended combat mechanics I can just ignore from throwing up a zhongli shield every 12 seconds is downright irresponsible.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

xedo posted:

The sheer number of intended combat mechanics I can just ignore from throwing up a zhongli shield every 12 seconds is downright irresponsible.

Yeah I almost feel like I'm cheating. During the oceanid event when it tells you to get up high, "no thank you, I will use my shield and kill you in 80 seconds."

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I don't have Zhongli and every time I check this thread you guys make him seem like the be all end all. Is he really that great?

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Stare-Out posted:

I don't have Zhongli and every time I check this thread you guys make him seem like the be all end all. Is he really that great?

Yes

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

He is also very handsome, which is a big plus.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Ok

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
that monster shield of his would have made him worth slotting even before people started a riot over him. i didn't get at the time, and really don't get now, why people think gigantic spammable defensive shields aren't a dps increase against anything that tries to hit you back

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the only thing i really notice using him is having the interrupt resistance from the shield, since teams without anything to give that can be a total shitshow in Abyss. though yes you can fully abuse him to do stuff like tank Rhodeia's laser phase in the current event...probably not mine bc he's not geared with any HP% but w/e.

i probably appreciate him as much/more for having a spammable burst with nice invulnerability that freezes a wide area of enemies for ~4s.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Araganzar posted:

This is me but with Jade Parcels. I try to keep mine at 1111, I guess I'm not as dedicated:

Holy poo poo. I thought I was being weird with my ~100 of both those and Temptations (with ~50 of the best shield food and 20-30 of five or six top tier healing foods).

Do you just always do Jueyun Chili rotations?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I've only ever made food until it's automatic and periodically for quests as needed (which it usually isn't since I probably still have whatever it is from training the recipe). At most I have liike 20 of a given food, usually less and I still never use it.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Reiterpallasch posted:

that monster shield of his would have made him worth slotting even before people started a riot over him. i didn't get at the time, and really don't get now, why people think gigantic spammable defensive shields aren't a dps increase against anything that tries to hit you back

Because people watch silly videos of whales generating 1M crits via super optimal setups towards the crit number, ran for hundreds of tries until the number pops up. And they expect these numbers to be standard and are then :surprised-pikachu: that their Mona-Klee (or sth, not sure which megacrit pyro was early game) combo is getting killed, because it didn't process that 5 % chance to megacrit and the enemy is, whoa, still alive!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

if you would like to see into the crushed soul of a whale trying to demo crit setups like that, look no further (i enjoyed it)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Teyevinv4

also doubles as a Childe weapon ranking now that Alley Hunter and Windblume are in the potential weapon pool

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007

Hexel posted:

I run her as a freeze comp with 4 pc Blizzard Strayer and she shreds everything that’s frozen with ease and at range unlike melt ganyu. It’s hard to miss when they are all frozen in place.

Pair her up with Xinqui (with Sac sword) and learn to weave an auto attack in between your charged attack to trigger his ult water swords.

Add Diona for the ice resonance and a shield to prevent interruption.

And she goes really really well with Venti as one of the hyper carries that can hit his ult.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Hexel posted:

Max her bow. Max her charged shot talent. The difference between one shotting an enemy and almost one shotting is huge. Don't hold still when you aim. I have the crescent, and the speed bonus means everything misses by a mile and I can walk away from all but the big axe hilichurls.

Also, as for whiffing an arrow... don't. I'm kinda sad the new oceanid event is ending, because I just mastered shooting it when it was in the air.Listen for the sound when her second charge takes place. When you hear that sound, loose the arrow. As soon and you fire, hold down and do it again. If you get headshots, it will knock most smaller guys down.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Ytlaya posted:

Holy poo poo. I thought I was being weird with my ~100 of both those and Temptations (with ~50 of the best shield food and 20-30 of five or six top tier healing foods).

Do you just always do Jueyun Chili rotations?

Well for the 100 items every week for the battle pass I have about a 5 minute run that grabs 90ish Chili. I've learned all the recipes and I run the expeditions for lotus.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I use Ganyu without any elemental reactions and just walk in circles shooting everything. Rarely you need to dash but it's usually not a huge deal.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Stare-Out posted:

If you are running Ganyu outside of a whale C4 Childe permafreeze team or running Xiao at all he's must-pull. I mean he's like Venti in that he's almost always the best option for your support slot, but being able to ignore the abyss bullshit is solid gold.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Hexel posted:

How many of yall use Ganyu as a main carry?
I run her in a Freeze setup with C5 Tartaglia as her primary support and melee option, Fischl/Venti and Diona for Team Bow.

I'm not proud of this, but goddamn if it doesn't work.

Mailer posted:

If you are running Ganyu outside of a whale C4 Childe permafreeze team
I pulled another one grabbing Rosaria so he's C5 now. :cry:

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

New Oceanid fight is great simply because I can beat it in 1:30 instead of 5+ mins.

Though it would be 15 seconds if it wasn't for the forced add phase. :v:

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

On the subject of Oceanid, I never paid any attention to the 20-page manifeso that she goes off on whenever you fight her until Mihoyo forced me to by adding in voice acting, and now that I know what she is saying, it really rubs me the wrong way whenever you finish the fight and she declares:

quote:

As long as rain falls and rivers flow... water will exist forever...

Yeah, as long as water exists, water will exist. Forever. What the gently caress are you talking about.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Vargs posted:

On the subject of Oceanid, I never paid any attention to the 20-page manifeso that she goes off on whenever you fight her until Mihoyo forced me to by adding in voice acting, and now that I know what she is saying, it really rubs me the wrong way whenever you finish the fight and she declares:

Yeah, as long as water exists, water will exist. Forever. What the gently caress are you talking about.

the localization can be really bad sometimes :shrug:

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Water falls whenever it rains.......... :hai:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Alright fine, people are going on and on about Zhongli's shield being great, what levels do you guys have his E at then? Mine's level 21 right now and I've got a lot of grinding to get materials for all the geo characters minus the Traveler and Ningguang ahead of me even before I get to work on those last few purple books for everyone too. Might as well know what else to add to the list while I'm working on that.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
High as you can, but also give him hp%

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

1.5 livestream tomorrow:

https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1382544208410517506

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

Because people watch silly videos of whales generating 1M crits via super optimal setups towards the crit number, ran for hundreds of tries until the number pops up. And they expect these numbers to be standard and are then :surprised-pikachu: that their Mona-Klee (or sth, not sure which megacrit pyro was early game) combo is getting killed, because it didn't process that 5 % chance to megacrit and the enemy is, whoa, still alive!

I figure a bigger part of it with Zhong Li is that he is very much a support, and supports are not as exciting as carries. Add to it that he's really powerful in universe and that he has loving awesome attack animations, and I can see really wanting him to be a carry and being disappointed that he wasn't. Especially since I believe he was the first limited character to not do great damage?

Why Mihoyo decided to make him an even better support while they were buffing his carry potential from "bad" to "okay," I really don't know. They probably could have just given him some bigger damage numbers on his normals and called it a day.

:iiam:

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
A special program where we confirm the 1.5 leaks!

Just wrap it up. No one will ever top Venti's VA saying "I'm the best 5* in the universe" and it's a crime they didn't add that as an in-game bark.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

This is apparently the chinese announcement?

Straight up putting chibi eula on it is weird, I guess they figured no use pretending.

EDIT: Actually I can't find the original source for this image even though a lot of sites are posting it.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Apr 15, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Hexel posted:

I run her in reverse melt setups for harder content and just slap on jean/venti + klee or diluc for overworld stuff. I might be able to swap out jean for the little greatsword wind girl when she comes out so that she can smash rocks and leave me the extra flex spot thats klee/diluc use.