Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
I'm going to be boring and just go minions.

Actually going to be neat since we'll see how much earlier in Delve the delve only mods will drop for that +1 number of spec mod. Kay put out a nice build just now using frost auto scout.

https://youtu.be/nklMyb4qSYQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
The three biggest things I can think of to get to maps quickly are:

Have a plan. Know what gear you want, what recipes you can use, what sockets you need, and where/when to get your gems. Stick to it.

Town is the enemy. You don't need the skill books the moment they are available. Town is that thing that happens when you escape to character select to skip running to waypoints or using town portals. Dont go there every time your inventory is full, just drop things you'll never use anyway.

You really, really don't need to kill everything. Or even most things. It's easy to say and hard to do. When you do kill things, don't overkill them. Use the minimum number of abilities necessary. Ignore stragglers.

Some milestones:
Six hours to maps is perfectly respectable.
4-5 hours is very impressive.
Less than 4 takes the right builds and practice.

You should be able to clear act 2 in under 50 minutes without much difficulty. Also, don't get caught in the cycle of speedrunning only act one over and over.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Think I'm going to do Deadeye Toxic Rain based on that Remi video and the fact that I haven't done the new Deadeye yet.

Let's see how many times I change my mind in the next ~42 hours.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Has anyone used that leveling overlay? It seems pretty good. I'll see if I can dig it up.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Every league I swear I'm doing a real starter but then I realize I can do low life infernal blow instead. Every single league.

Kurash
May 12, 2008

Benson Cunningham posted:

The three biggest things I can think of to get to maps quickly are:

Have a plan. Know what gear you want, what recipes you can use, what sockets you need, and where/when to get your gems. Stick to it.

Town is the enemy. You don't need the skill books the moment they are available. Town is that thing that happens when you escape to character select to skip running to waypoints or using town portals. Dont go there every time your inventory is full, just drop things you'll never use anyway.

You really, really don't need to kill everything. Or even most things. It's easy to say and hard to do. When you do kill things, don't overkill them. Use the minimum number of abilities necessary. Ignore stragglers.

Some milestones:
Six hours to maps is perfectly respectable.
4-5 hours is very impressive.
Less than 4 takes the right builds and practice.

You should be able to clear act 2 in under 50 minutes without much difficulty. Also, don't get caught in the cycle of speedrunning only act one over and over.

An important addendum to the planning portion of this is ensuring your build will scale adequately while moving through the acts at a brisk pace, not stopping for the league mechanic and avoiding town as much as possible. Wuxi's melee and caster builds quoted in the second post of the thread are excellent for just using the Best Tools when levelling.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Dream Attack posted:

Fire Burst used to be a fantastic build, many many leagues ago. As an Elementalist you'd put Fire Burst on a 6L (edit: 6 socket actually) staff and trigger it with 5L Ball Lightning with AssMark/Curse on Hit/Ele Weakness, fishing for a crit Fire Burst to proliferate a big ignite across the packs. It remains to this day the most fun I'd had on a character since it was really novel to see packs explode at the time! Plus it was cheap and effective.

I'm gonna give it a try this season just like I remember it - checking now the links I used were Crit Strikes/Life Leech/Conc Effect/Increased AoE/Controlled Destruction/Fire Pen. Clearly there's a lot to consider modernizing the links/gear/tree but it should make for a fun project.

Let me know how this goes. Now you can use Herald of Thunder to trigger your Fire Bursts (with the ignite node if your fire bursts can shock - ETA I have confused myself, you need the shock node) so it'll be very automated. ETA - ascendancy picks are hard for this autobomber concept if you want a second single target skill.

pork never goes bad fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Apr 15, 2021

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Zotix posted:

Has anyone used that leveling overlay? It seems pretty good. I'll see if I can dig it up.

I've tried it several times while practicing some things at the end of last league, and the past two days. On paper, it's very cool. In practice, it's very buggy:
- The level layouts like to not load often
- The level layouts are also outdated in several places
- It likes to stop updating with your zone
- Configuring a build with the gem editor thing is really laggy and painful and if you don't wait before making changes, you lose your data.
- Just generally other lagginess / bugginess / things not showing up / hotkeys stop working / items stop updating / etc

It's here if anyone else wants to give it a whirl: https://github.com/JusKillmeQik/PoE-Leveling-Guide. Good luck! I've spent hours with it, I really wanted it to work for me. It probably shouldn't have been written with loving AHK.

Here are some useful league start sites that I've found. They'll probably get lost in the pre-launch spam, but here ya go:

https://poe-roadmap.com/ Enter your POB, it lets you view all your gems at once, tells you when to buy which ones, check them off as you go. If you have lots of alternate leveling gems or early / later links, etc, it's pretty messy though. Still might help you sort your list easier by level or something though. Or, copy your POB, clean out the skills, and just use that.

https://poe-leveling.netlify.app/ Really nice new character guide through the acts, with checkboxes as you go. Takes you to trials and all skill point quests. It also has you save Allira and do library, but you can just change/skip those if you want.

Others:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yGJOWLNTPeKRVUAN8TzyoRlUUMLOZ5uc-1GvjI02szg/edit This is a google doc transcribing a Tyty run that someone did. I'd recommend using the previous link instead, but some people might find this neat.

https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/quick-reference-leveling-guide-for-path-of-exile If the checkbox tool is too slim on info, here's another leveling guide that's good. it has some minor map layout things for a few well known spots that might help out some folks.

I went through a lot of guides / tools / etc 4-6 weeks ago, and those top 2 are the ones that I'll actually end up using in various degrees.

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.

Salt Fish posted:

Every league I swear I'm doing a real starter but then I realize I can do low life infernal blow instead. Every single league.

I stopped lying to myself that I'm ever gonna do a proper league start, because doing dumb shiny brain poo poo with new skills is fun even if it doesn't work.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Wait a minute, I thought they were changing pain attunment to apply to attacks and spells but its not in the manifesto or patch notes. Did I dream that?? What the hell is this petrified blood gem for?!

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Salt Fish posted:

Wait a minute, I thought they were changing pain attunment to apply to attacks and spells but its not in the manifesto or patch notes. Did I dream that?? What the hell is this petrified blood gem for?!

You did dream that. You're probably thinking of the new bloodthirst support which gives damage to attacks while on low life based on your max hp.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
Does corrupting fever stack? I know corrupted blood stacks to 10 now but the dot is called corrupting blood and everyone just assumes it is the same as corrupted blood.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Yes it stacks to 10 lol, just look at the numbers and how bad it would be if it didn't stack.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

Cinara posted:

Yes it stacks to 10 lol, just look at the numbers and how bad it would be if it didn't stack.

But isn't that a lot? It can be applied with cyclone right?

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020

Mercrom posted:

But isn't that a lot? It can be applied with cyclone right?
It is, but it's hampered because not a lot actually helps scale it. Generic physical damage increases, damage over time, and generic damage. Most phys nodes on the tree are some combination of weapon nodes, attack nodes and melee nodes, none of which work.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Dream Attack posted:

Fire Burst used to be a fantastic build, many many leagues ago. As an Elementalist you'd put Fire Burst on a 6L (edit: 6 socket actually) staff and trigger it with 5L Ball Lightning with AssMark/Curse on Hit/Ele Weakness, fishing for a crit Fire Burst to proliferate a big ignite across the packs. It remains to this day the most fun I'd had on a character since it was really novel to see packs explode at the time! Plus it was cheap and effective.

I'm gonna give it a try this season just like I remember it - checking now the links I used were Crit Strikes/Life Leech/Conc Effect/Increased AoE/Controlled Destruction/Fire Pen. Clearly there's a lot to consider modernizing the links/gear/tree but it should make for a fun project.

Hell yeah. I ran that too in legacy league I think it was? I was thinking ire ignite but I’ll have to keep my eye on fire burst.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

shimmy shimmy posted:

It is, but it's hampered because not a lot actually helps scale it. Generic physical damage increases, damage over time, and generic damage. Most phys nodes on the tree are some combination of weapon nodes, attack nodes and melee nodes, none of which work.

Oh I see it doesn't scale with spell damage like the others. Kinda lovely then.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Thoughts on PoE Overlay? Grim swears by it, but it means that Overwolf needs to be installed.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Zotix posted:

Thoughts on PoE Overlay? Grim swears by it, but it means that Overwolf needs to be installed.

I have Overwolf, but I've never used it. What does PoE Overlay do?

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
Anyone have a line on a good way to use an XBONX controller for PoE? No official support seems planned.

I liked PoE for a good while and then burned out for a second and tried Grim Dawn for a bit and it's the D2 my thirsty console brain wants.

I don't want to end up with some WoW numpad thingie like a rubix tetrahedron in my left* and a wired mouse in my right.

I know this is a long running thread and I've just skimmed the OP and put a whopping 48 hrs in the actual game but I like it. The art and story is a little overwrought but good.

Probably should save my brief and stupid review for the imp zone but anyhoo

The one thing I just tried was reWASD and that was pretty crap. I feel like Grim Dawn has roughly the same amount of input options that work with just a few tweaks for a XB/PS/NS controller. And KB+M is better for GD, the controller is frustrating at times playing ranged. Not sure about melee.

tl;dr I tend to binge anything that reminds my reptile brain of Diablo2K until my wrist bugs me

*/srs someone sell me on a Razer Tartarus I guess

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

It seems like it essentially creates a sort of auction house for things like currency swaps. In the video grim goes over it and is able to message like 10 people for a currency swap with like one keypress. I installed it, I'll explore it a bit more once I get off of work here shortly.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Anyone have a line on a good way to use an XBONX controller for PoE? No official support seems planned.

I liked PoE for a good while and then burned out for a second and tried Grim Dawn for a bit and it's the D2 my thirsty console brain wants.

I don't want to end up with some WoW numpad thingie like a rubix tetrahedron in my left* and a wired mouse in my right.

I know this is a long running thread and I've just skimmed the OP and put a whopping 48 hrs in the actual game but I like it. The art and story is a little overwrought but good.

Probably should save my brief and stupid review for the imp zone but anyhoo

The one thing I just tried was reWASD and that was pretty crap. I feel like Grim Dawn has roughly the same amount of input options that work with just a few tweaks for a XB/PS/NS controller. And KB+M is better for GD, the controller is frustrating at times playing ranged. Not sure about melee.

tl;dr I tend to binge anything that reminds my reptile brain of Diablo2K until my wrist bugs me

*/srs someone sell me on a Razer Tartarus I guess

This is the best options I've tried https://github.com/Steven-Ireland/Path-Of-Gamepad

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Zotix posted:

Just use Awakened PoE Trade, same basic idea and no Overwolf required.

Mr. Grumpybones
Apr 18, 2002
"We're falling out of the sky! We're going down! We're a silver gleaming death machine!"
Any thoughts on applying EE with stormbrand (or anything else) on a trigger wand now that it’s 8 seconds? Wandering if it neuters it or not

search engine
Jun 16, 2020

Mercrom posted:

Does corrupting fever stack? I know corrupted blood stacks to 10 now but the dot is called corrupting blood and everyone just assumes it is the same as corrupted blood.

You've got an appropriate level of paranoia about specific wording but it seems likely in this case that they're the same thing. Even assuming 10 stacks the numbers on corrupting fever look mediocre. Very outside chance it really is different and has a different stack cap, but there's no way it doesn't stack at all.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Cinara posted:

Just use Awakened PoE Trade, same basic idea and no Overwolf required.

I'm tooling around with it now. It kind of does Awakened PoE trade and PoE trade macro in one. I'm kind of digging it. It also has a recorder in it so you can record deaths and kills and such.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Apr 15, 2021

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hey could someone suggest an ssf build that isn’t witch or shadow, I’m lazy, and sick

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Salt Fish posted:

If that's your finished tree you could recoup a dex point; connect Revenge of the Hunted directly to Blood Drinker and Depth perception, then remove the two dex points from the other side of Drinker. :blush:

I'm going to use my legion of alt characters to slavishly waste time and resources trying to get the new skills to make something wonderfully overpowered by accident.... fail miserably after two weeks and then give Dominating Blow a try.

And i will enjoy every minute.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Ball Lightning received no changes. I think I am going to try the MoM Ball Lightning Ascendant again. Good survivability in all situations, good pack and good boss damage. Cheap with most of the items being cheap uniques. Most expensive was Omeyocan boots for 50c.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Jay Rust posted:

Hey could someone suggest an ssf build that isn’t witch or shadow, I’m lazy, and sick

Bleed Gladiator in any form.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Jay Rust posted:

Slampion. As in, champion, slams

rawk cawk posted:

I stopped lying to myself that I'm ever gonna do a proper league start, because doing dumb shiny brain poo poo with new skills is fun even if it doesn't work.

Living the dream and having fun. What could be better?

Erulisse fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Apr 15, 2021

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Zotix posted:

theres an overlay community fork with no overwolf

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

Ihmemies posted:

Ball Lightning received no changes. I think I am going to try the MoM Ball Lightning Ascendant again. Good survivability in all situations, good pack and good boss damage. Cheap with most of the items being cheap uniques. Most expensive was Omeyocan boots for 50c.

play bl miner
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-Sa29u_SDI

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Does anyone have a link to a good divine ire elementalist build?

Right now I'm torn between Kb/ flame wall elementalist into something else VS shattering steel Champion like DontheCrowns.

I just don't k ow that I want to play a build that requires keeping up weapon upgrades vs a leveling build that relies mai ly on gem level. I'm pretty sure the kb flame wall character will get me to maps faster but I need something good to transition to. Whereas the Shattering steel build will be a bit slower to level but will likely be extremely solid once I start getting into maps.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Zotix posted:

Does anyone have a link to a good divine ire elementalist build?

Right now I'm torn between Kb/ flame wall elementalist into something else VS shattering steel Champion like DontheCrowns.

I just don't k ow that I want to play a build that requires keeping up weapon upgrades vs a leveling build that relies mai ly on gem level. I'm pretty sure the kb flame wall character will get me to maps faster but I need something good to transition to. Whereas the Shattering steel build will be a bit slower to level but will likely be extremely solid once I start getting into maps.

https://pastebin.com/n2iN8BMh

There are 5 layouts included in there from budget to RMT

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Ihmemies posted:

Most expensive was Omeyocan boots for 50c.

Omeyocan was way more than 50c, at least last league.

Who knows what it'll be this league!

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

That's standard league prices - poe.ninja doesn't show league prices after it ends. It was 66c in Ritual, so still around the 50 mark.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Derp, my bad! I remembered it being more expensive personally too.

Actually from your link - it was in the 90s chaos range for a short bit a few weeks in. That must've been when I was looking at it, which tracks (I changed builds, and I'm slow).

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

What the gently caress was that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I would like to play the new league now.