Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

gschmidl posted:

Horse is good, donkey is better.

I've heard of eating rear end, but this is ridiculous!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
Kerrygold is even better than the local grass-fed butter I can get. the controls they've got in place (no silage and only making butter from milk during warm months, iirc) are all it takes to completely blow away even similarly priced butter here in the US. they don't even culture it. it's just loving amazing on its own, compared to what we can get

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Samovar posted:

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

The Bloop posted:

This blanket statement makes me thinks he butters the bread in a PBJ or tuna salad sandwich and lol

Buttering the bread in a PB&J is cool and good.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Samovar posted:

The specific dish I had (in Sicily) was wonderfully titled "she-rear end balls", so how could I not.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Kenning posted:

Buttering the bread in a PB&J is cool and good.

Butter and peanut butter and jelly and butter

The classic bpbjb

The Bloop has a new favorite as of 17:18 on Apr 15, 2021

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

It's just a jam sandwich with peanut butter. If PB&J's weren't an expressway to fat town already it would sound pretty dang good.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Iron Crowned posted:

My roommate butters the bread in sandwiches, and I find it to be not good.

Sorry you hate nice things. Buttered bread in sandwiches is great (if it's like a ham sandwich or something)

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

A ham sandwich that isn't lightly buttered and toasted on the stove is a sadwich indeed.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
If you hate sandwiches and life itself, the assured way to absolutely, irrevocably destroy any sandwich imaginable is to add any amount of margarine instead of butter.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I find butter to just be a weird addition. I like to use some cream cheese, gimme some garden vegetable or jalapeño stuff :yum:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Butter on bread isn't an addition, it's a multiplier

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Most people are already putting mayo or mustard or something on their meat sandwiches and the butter just seems redundant to me I guess

I know that's the euro-way

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
life hack: buy one of these and you can butter your sandwiches with ease

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Aardvark! posted:

life hack: buy one of these and you can butter your sandwiches with ease

I realize that you're going to find this difficult to believe, but that is not butter

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Empty Sandwich posted:

I realize that you're going to find this difficult to believe, but that is not butter

i did the research folks and i have to admit the awful truth. it is not butter.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I can believe that it is not butter

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I can't believe you can't believe I can't believe it's not butter

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

A fun little gallery

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Who has that hard a time spreading buttah on bread to necessitate a spray on form

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

"Call Me Butter Again Motherfucker"

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

The Bloop posted:

Most people are already putting mayo or mustard or something on their meat sandwiches and the butter just seems redundant to me I guess

I know that's the euro-way

I'd put butter in a sandwich if the main ingredients already have some kick, like spicy chicken pieces or a nice salami. If the main filling is fairly plain I'd use something else, like spicy mayo for ham and cheese or plain chicken/turkey, or English mustard for roast beef.

Margarine is a hate crime.

It has baked beans. This must be the full English breakfast I've heard about?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Who has that hard a time spreading buttah on bread to necessitate a spray on form

Schlubs like me who keep their butter in the fridge because I don't have a :wotwot: butter bell

Yeah I have the time to let it melt before I can spread it without tearing the bread apart, don't mind me

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Data Graham posted:

Schlubs like me who keep their butter in the fridge because I don't have a :wotwot: butter bell

Yeah I have the time to let it melt before I can spread it without tearing the bread apart, don't mind me

A butter bell changed my life

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

cant stop reading this as "spray on foam". mmm, now thats good eats

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I tired explaining to my wife that people keep butter out of the fridge for like ten minutes and she was not having it

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

hawowanlawow posted:

I tired explaining to my wife that people keep butter out of the fridge for like ten minutes and she was not having it

Sounds like you need to have a butter warmer installed in your fridge.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

hawowanlawow posted:

I did the same, except my mom, who told me that's why she buys country crock

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

I once used the last of the room temperature butter in the butter dish and didn't refill it with fridge butter. I got the silent treatment for the rest of the day. I deserved it.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Aardvark! posted:

Spray on expanding fluff would definitely make making fluffernutters easier

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
It’s a little excessive but I’ve taken to using my sous vide setup for butter. Get it to just a smidge above room temperature and it’s perfect.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
We have a butter dish but can't use it because the cats will open it and eat all the butter.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

zedprime posted:

We have a butter dish but can't use it because the cats will open it and eat all the butter.

Get a butter bell, they'll need opposable thumbs to get into that

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Aardvark! posted:

It expands when you spray! Dubble dah buttah

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

Sounds like you need to have a butter warmer installed in your fridge.

Get a fridge with a 3-part water dispenser- Ice, Water, Scalding Hot Butter

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Spreading cold butter too much of an hassle? Just open up a packet of unpopped popcorn and scoop up the goop inside to use instead.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

When I want to spread that cold butter I put a pat in the skillet and put the piece of bread over it like a hamburger bun in a diner

Don't even have to clean the pan because if you can't see the grease afterwards then it's not really there you know

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I haven't had to spread butter on toast for years because I either use goat cheese. Or else fry an egg to top it which comes with its own melted butter.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
These things are pretty good:

They cook like bacon, but aren't as fatty, so if you want to cook your eggs in your bacon fat, you need to add more when you pull them out of the pan. I like to use a pat of butter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
sit on the stick of butter for ten minutes, "seasons" it just right.