Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Lobok posted:

That's not a bad explanation for the Spider Sense: an audience of extra-dimensional beings watching him get into danger but unable to come to consensus on what he should do and whoops, too late

Twitch Plays Spider-Man?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Lobok posted:

That's not a bad explanation for the Spider Sense: an audience of extra-dimensional beings watching him get into danger but unable to come to consensus on what he should do and whoops, too late

Look out, that drink's poisoned!
Ohhh no it isn't!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Say... if it isn't my old nemesis, a switchblade!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the switchblade and also the kingpin greased himself up. you know, as one does.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

He's clearly putting the wrist knife back on in the second panel, which means he put it on before Spider-Man got there, then took it off at the beginning of their fight only to put it back on moments later.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Twelve by Pies posted:

He's clearly putting the wrist knife back on in the second panel, which means he put it on before Spider-Man got there, then took it off at the beginning of their fight only to put it back on moments later.

I think he's supposed to be pressing the top of it to extend the blade. Neither option is optimal, though, because doing it requires the movement of his arms. Which the webbing should preclude, unless Spidey let him cross his arms before webbing him between panels.

Which of course he probably did, because NSM.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Only a criminal mastermind, a bona-fide Moriarty like the Kingpin knows Spider-Man's greatest weakness: a knife

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Kurui Reiten posted:

I think he's supposed to be pressing the top of it to extend the blade. Neither option is optimal, though, because doing it requires the movement of his arms. Which the webbing should preclude, unless Spidey let him cross his arms before webbing him between panels.

Which of course he probably did, because NSM.
Kingpin probably had plenty of time to react as Peter ran around him to wind him up in the web rope.

Then again it looks like Kingpin's maybe just really fast in moving that knife bracelet around.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Does anyone find it odd how silent Spider-Man has been? I get that there's a premium on space for speech bubbles but it's weird.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Lobok posted:

Does anyone find it odd how silent Spider-Man has been? I get that there's a premium on space for speech bubbles but it's weird.

Even by his standards he has sustained a lot of head trauma in a short amount of time. Plus being drugged. probably didn't help either

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I assume sometimes he just forgets about his vocal cords the same way he forgets about his web shooters.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Oh poo poo, I've never seen Spidey go into Columbo mode before. This should be good.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
did.... they have party games at discos? i thought they were dance clubs.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
If Spiderman is in your club proposing a party game, are you going to ignore whatever insanity's about to follow?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Johnny Walker posted:

Kingpin probably had plenty of time to react as Peter ran around him to wind him up in the web rope.

Then again it looks like Kingpin's maybe just really fast in moving that knife bracelet around.

so willies big plan is greased walls and an Assassins creed blade made on etsy. seems legit.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Apr 17, 2021

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Has Spider-Man considered.... punching Kingpin? A man he is much stronger than?

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

To be fair, Spidey appears to be barely conscious (from the knockout juice he willingly drank) and Kingpin's usually depicted as being a challenge for Spider-Man's strength since some unlikely percentage of his body weight is muscle.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Jerusalem posted:

Has Spider-Man considered.... punching Kingpin? A man he is much stronger than?

He has a knife though. And you can't just knock it out of his hand, it's attached to his wrist!

That's basically Wolverine!

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

did.... they have party games at discos? i thought they were dance clubs.

Spidey: turn off the music, I can't hear myself think! And someone flip on the lights!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

:madmax:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I doubt NSM would be that competent but I would love if he just knocks Kingpin the gently caress out in one punch while the fatass is in mid-air.

Like Kingpin's strong but Spider-man is lift a car strong.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
this would be sort of tedious if it wasn't so amazingly comical. that's what this era specializes in, though.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

davidspackage posted:

Spidey: turn off the music, I can't hear myself think! And someone flip on the lights!

Won't someone turn off the dark?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

"Kingpiiiin! Dinner time!"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I bet he breaks or cuts the wall while trying to get spidey

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Harry: Yes, Spider-Man you are a criminal, you got in a fight that scalded the hands of my DJ, forcing me to have to hire my nerd friend Peter to replace him.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

I doubt NSM would be that competent but I would love if he just knocks Kingpin the gently caress out in one punch while the fatass is in mid-air.

Like Kingpin's strong but Spider-man is lift a car strong.

That's always been an issue with making Kingpin a Spidey villain rather than just let him be a Daredevil one. Sure he is great at planning and has an army of goons but in a straight up fight a human, even one at its peak, can't win in a straight up contest of strength against a metahuman that can easily lift vehicles, no matter how braindead the latter is.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that's what the jeweled cane that shoots beams phase kingpin went through was for. later they settled on having kingpin simply hire a bunch of dangerous assassins instead of fighting himself. more recently kingpin simply uses his incredible wealth and influence to act with impunity so it doesn't really matter that he can't beat a superhero in a fight.

that is all regular versions of kingpin, though. any random dude is a mortal threat to nsm, much less a random dude who is larger than average and fully greased up.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

evilmiera posted:

That's always been an issue with making Kingpin a Spidey villain rather than just let him be a Daredevil one. Sure he is great at planning and has an army of goons but in a straight up fight a human, even one at its peak, can't win in a straight up contest of strength against a metahuman that can easily lift vehicles, no matter how braindead the latter is.

Yeah. Like I get that this situation is supposed to give him a bunch of advantages but it'd only make sense if Spidey was also just brutally beaten by like, The Wrecking Crew and had barely survived the fight, then Kingpin has him drugged and brought to the Hurt Locker. Kind of like when Bane ambushed Batman after he'd not sleep for over a week and had barely succeeded defeating a succession of lesser villains.

E: What am I, a writer for a real superhero comic?

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Apr 18, 2021

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Why chicken for this analogy?

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Johnny Walker posted:

Well you know how they talk about a chicken being able to run around with it's head cut off? Well Spidey is able to run around and he has no brain, so in that they're somewhat similar.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Whoa, I've never seen NMS use that ghost image movement Spidey like they do in the regular comics sometimes. I've always loved it when they do that. Steve Skroce in particular was a master at it.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Johnny Walker posted:

I couldn't help but noticing that the knife is gone. Again.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
nah, it's retractable. he had a grey wristband on the correct wrist for both panels for once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Got some nice flesh teeth though.