Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Mesadoram posted:

Yup it was just a pub. I wasn't even doing "bad", I was just not catering to their every need.

Sounds like its time to send them messages advertising other twitch channels for their chat to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

warlocks are fuckin lazy

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

The only time I even get mad in pub Nightfalls is when Bluberries skip the Champs and run right past them because why would you not go for Platinum :v:

Bobby Cox
Nov 3, 2006

College Slice
I thought I read somewhere leading up to the games that the Heir Apparent ornament would be a giveaway, I only see it for silver in the shop. This is my first time doing one of these and I know it's multiple weeks - will the bright dust store refresh with new Guardian Games stuff next week?

Bobby Cox fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Apr 22, 2021

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Wheeee posted:

warlocks are fuckin lazy

:colbert:

T1g4h posted:

The only time I even get mad in pub Nightfalls is when Bluberries skip the Champs and run right past them because why would you not go for Platinum :v:

They are not too hard, so there really is no point in skipping them. Also, any excuse to use my Erianna's Vow I will gladly take.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Wheeee posted:

warlocks are fuckin lazy
If I could be bothered to reply to this i'd be very upset.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Never did a GMNF before this season, they are a lot of fun.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Is there a live chart or something to show who is leading in the guardian games?

It turns out an all warlock dungeon is fun as hell :getin:.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Mesadoram posted:

Is there a live chart or something to show who is leading in the guardian games?

It turns out an all warlock dungeon is fun as hell :getin:.

The banners in the tower where you slam your medals in show the current standing. Or theoretically should, it was bugged at one point and I'm not 100% sure it was fixed.

Side note: I ran the Insight Terminus GMNF last night and that one is also pretty painless, for anyone who needs Just One NF for the seasonal challenge. This video lays it all out in literally about five and a half minutes. Anti-barrier kinetic sniper, unstoppable void pulse, Anarchy, bing bong done.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

PERMACAV 50 posted:

The banners in the tower where you slam your medals in show the current standing. Or theoretically should, it was bugged at one point and I'm not 100% sure it was fixed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1W7c8QghPxk

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Side note: I ran the Insight Terminus GMNF last night and that one is also pretty painless, for anyone who needs Just One NF for the seasonal challenge. This video lays it all out in literally about five and a half minutes. Anti-barrier kinetic sniper, unstoppable void pulse, Anarchy, bing bong done.

I love YouTubers like this, quick and to the point. Gotta check out his other videos later.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Bideo James posted:

Yeah you can jump around corners with it and take out 3 people standing on a flag on Iron Banner. Combined Middle tree with ANY melee exotic and youre in for a fun time.

You run middle tree striker with dunemarchers and monte Carlo and zoom around the map crashing into people and cleaning up with the shotty and the auto rifle to refill your meele

It's amazing

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/1385282001503019013?s=20

Transmog news

Here's how to transmog:

1) Defeat enemies to get Synthstrand currency

2) Buy Bounties from Ada-1 with Synthstrand to get Synthcord. Bounties come in Strike, Crucible, Gambit, Destinations, and Raid/Dungeon flavors and ask you do things like complete strikes with a specific sublcass, capture zones in control, send blockers, do nightmare hunts or blind well, or complete a raid or dungeon

3) Go to The Loom at the Tower to convert Synthcord to Synthweave

4) Use Synthweave to convert an armor piece unlocked in your collections into a Universal Ornament

You can earn up to 10 Synthweave per class, per season, exception being next season where you can earn 10 more Synthweave per class from the introduction experience.

If you don't like to do all that, you can also buy Synthweave (used to convert collections armor to UO) at eververse: 1 for 300 silver (~$5) or 5 for 1000 silver (~10$)

Shaders are not being one-time use anymore, and can be applied to any armor or weapon for only glimmer (before you had to spend glimmer and legendary shards to get them out of your collections)
But because of this change, Eververse shaders will be priced at 300 Blight Dust, up for 40
And Bungie will offer a Year-1 Eververse shader bundle for Glimmer

Non-Transmog News:
3 new Nightfall weapons will be available next season, along with Adept versions in Grandmasters. The SWARM, Shadow Price, and Palindrome will be take out of rotation for the first half of next season, but will be back for the latter half along with the new guns.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

It is worth it to note, a single individual (or even a group of them) cannot influence the Guardian Games scoring in any meaningful way. There are more Hunters than other classes, and every 3rd place class each day gets a 10% bonus to their turn in rate.

There are so many players that the 30-40 points you turn in a day will be unable to impact the scores at all. Hunters will win the next few days while Titans and Warlocks trade 2nd/3rd place to gain their 10% bonuses that offset the hunter's population advantage, and then they will round-robin for the rest of the games with whoever got 3rd will probably get first (due to the bonus)... maaaybe with a team taking 1st 2 days in a row.

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

Mesadoram posted:

So in a nightfall I got called trash by a TTV player that I never heard of.

That's cool I guess. I will never understand the logic of toxic players, especially ones on a public platform.

just call them idiot or moron, its fun. log onto their stream and see the responses by their viewers.

most of the time theyre being toxic because it gets people chatting

Bideo James fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Apr 22, 2021

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

The limitation of 10 per season feels a bit lame. Granted, I probably won't need more then ten since I'll probably just settle on one outfit per class, but as a collection/completionism mind-set person, so much for having a goal / something to really grind.

quote:

With the update to shaders, we’ll be increasing their cost from 40 Bright Dust to 300 Bright Dust. This will continue to be a one-time purchase and will appear in the Guardian Appearance menu when unlocked.
Well that's kind of lame. These shaders, as far as I understood, do not currently take bright dust to pull from collections. This is a downgrade over what we get now. (Though, arguably, they did not increase the cost when they changed shaders to be permeant unlocks that you could pull from collections for shards)

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Apr 22, 2021

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Bideo James posted:

just call them idiot or moron, its fun. log onto their stream and see the responses by their viewers.

most of the time theyre being toxic because it gets people chatting

After calling me trash he said I should go into his stream to see how he was "memeing".

I told him no, he doesn't deserve my view to which he replied that I don't understand how Twitch works.

Gotta love poo poo stains like that.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Oxyclean posted:

The limitation of 10 per season feels a bit lame. Granted, I probably won't need more then ten since I'll probably just settle on one outfit per class, but as a collection/completionism mind-set person, so much for having a goal / something to really grind.

Well that's kind of lame. These shaders, as far as I understood, do not currently take bright dust to pull from collections. This is a downgrade over what we get now. (Though, arguably, they did not increase the cost when they changed shaders to be permeant unlocks that you could pull from collections for shards)

Correct. They're currently just glimmer and legendary shards. The easily-renewable cost of legendary shards (past a certain point early on in playing) is being removed and replaced with the much less renewable bright dust cost.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

SkyeAuroline posted:

Correct. They're currently just glimmer and legendary shards. The easily-renewable cost of legendary shards (past a certain point early on in playing) is being removed and replaced with the much less renewable bright dust cost.

I think you're misunderstanding

Now:
Buy Eververse Shader: 40 Dust
Shader is permanently added to collection.
Shaders are consumed on application BUT
Copies pulled from collection only cost glimmer+shards.

Next season:
Buy Eververse shader: 300 Dust
Apply infinitely for 500 Glimmer a pop

Honestly, in both situations, the application/pull cost is negligible. The only things that are really changing is the initial cost, and being saved the trouble of having to pull copies from collection first.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

SgtSteel91 posted:

https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/1385282001503019013?s=20

Transmog news

Here's how to transmog:

1) Defeat enemies to get Synthstrand currency

2) Buy Bounties from Ada-1 with Synthstrand to get Synthcord. Bounties come in Strike, Crucible, Gambit, Destinations, and Raid/Dungeon flavors and ask you do things like complete strikes with a specific sublcass, capture zones in control, send blockers, do nightmare hunts or blind well, or complete a raid or dungeon

3) Go to The Loom at the Tower to convert Synthcord to Synthweave

4) Use Synthweave to convert an armor piece unlocked in your collections into a Universal Ornament

You can earn up to 10 Synthweave per class, per season, exception being next season where you can earn 10 more Synthweave per class from the introduction experience.

If you don't like to do all that, you can also buy Synthweave (used to convert collections armor to UO) at eververse: 1 for 300 silver (~$5) or 5 for 1000 silver (~10$)

Jesus christ, the people who work on Destiny are the dumbest motherfuckers alive, maybe second only to the people paying them

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Oxyclean posted:

I think you're misunderstanding

Now:
Buy Eververse Shader: 40 Dust
Shaders are consumed on application BUT
Copies pulled from collection only cost glimmer+shards.

Next season:
Buy Eververse shader: 300 Dust
Apply infinitely for 500 Glimmer a pop

Honestly, in both situations, the application/pull cost is negligible. The only things that are really changing is the initial cost, and being saved the trouble of having to pull copies from collection first.

No, I'm well aware of the current system & have read the TWAB. That last bit you said is what I'm getting at - the effectively non-existent pull cost is getting reduced, and to "balance" it, the up-front cost is being boosted to not be negligible in any sense, in a different currency that's harder to get significant sums of and is already tied to big-ticket time-limited items.
(The latter being what the former is balanced around - right now shaders are effectively "pick them up any time, the cost won't affect anything" while good luck getting the seasonal armor sets alone just off BD earning, let alone anything else after you finished the 3. 75/77 challenges and I came up one piece short for the seasonal armor sets, fwiw. Cutting into the seasonal lump sums even further now with shaders increasing.)

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Firebert posted:

Jesus christ, the people who work on Destiny are the dumbest motherfuckers alive, maybe second only to the people paying them

Pitch a better system I wanna hear it (one that doesn't give everything away for free in perpetuity).

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

sure okay posted:

Pitch a better system I wanna hear it (one that doesn't give everything away for free in perpetuity).

Not going to speak for him, but I would imagine most people would want/expect it to be like the WoW transmogrify system where you use gold to change the look of your gear. The system they are making here seems (at first glance) overly complicated and limiting.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

SgtSteel91 posted:

Shaders are not being one-time use anymore, and can be applied to any armor or weapon for only glimmer (before you had to spend glimmer and legendary shards to get them out of your collections)
But because of this change, Eververse shaders will be priced at 300 Blight Dust, up for 40

People have been asking for transmog for like six years and this is how it'll launch, 10 pieces every few months

They value the ability to change my pants to one other kind of pants, and not any other kind of pants, at $2-5

And the arbitrary, blatant 7.5x increase in shader cost

I'm just, in loving awe over here

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Meiteron posted:

People have been asking for transmog for like six years and this is how it'll launch, 10 pieces every few months

They value the ability to change my pants to one other kind of pants, and not any other kind of pants, at $2-5

"Just" 61 seasons to unlock everything currently available for transmog for each character. Without accounting for new additions.

Nobody is actually going to unlock every single item (and not solely because they can't)... but it does put it in perspective.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Meiteron posted:

Yeah, I'd rather just have the old shader system if this is the alternative.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

sure okay posted:

Literally the system that exists in WoW, FFXIV, etc, etc. Basically costs gold/gil and there are no restrictions. 10 pieces a season is loving insane.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Firebert posted:

Literally the system that exists in WoW, FFXIV, etc, etc. Basically costs gold/gil and there are no restrictions. 10 pieces a season is loving insane.

Well, yeah, it's to drive you to spend silver to go above the cap.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

sure okay posted:

The one that gives everything away for free in perpetuity

I've already run through hoops to collect this gear and if it looks cool I expect to not only be able to use it but change my look at a whim, free of restrictions. That is the purpose of a transmog system, it is a fashion closet, and there isn't a point if the closet is bare. I'd be hard-pressed to find a transmog system anywhere as restrictive as this one.

This is not a thing that should cost real world money at all and the fact that it so blatantly wants you to pay so much is, frankly, the kind of thing worth burning the game down for. If their monetization strategies include this then there really isn't a limit at all to what they'll make you pay money for.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

sure okay posted:

If it’s going to take so goddamn long to get the multiple tiers of greebles to transmog one (1) piece of armor, there is zero reason to cap it. Let people grind if they want, has Bungie decided they don’t need engagement?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

I made a list of the stuff that I really want to transmog on my hunter and it's about only 17 pieces, thank goodness.

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

bungie is treating the appearance revamp as a product. this is perfectly in line with how the rest of the game is.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

SkyeAuroline posted:

"Just" 61 seasons to unlock everything currently available for transmog for each character. Without accounting for new additions.

Nobody is actually going to unlock every single item (and not solely because they can't)... but it does put it in perspective.
That feels really ridiculous when you think about it like that.

Its funny because basically if this was one of those other games, the collection would determine what you could mog. The whole extra step of "turn something I already own into something I'm allowed to trasmog" is frankly kind of silly.

Mill Village posted:

Yeah, I'd rather just have the old shader system if this is the alternative.
Unfortunately this is basically them "correcting" the fact that shader cost didn't go up when they became permanent unlocks & had no bright dust cost to pull from collection. (Given it used to be bright dust PER shader before.) It sucks but given it's a one time purchase, it almost makes sense.

What sucks is them nickle and diming cosmetics on a game where you have to spend 15$ every 4 months if you actually want stuff to do. Bungie kinda continues to run a free-to-play game that feels like it has none of the actual upsides to being free to play, and most of the downsides.

e: An alternate system I could think of: The only gear that costs the special limited currency is gear you did not own before/not from your collection.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Apr 22, 2021

Turra
Oct 28, 2006

Help! A guinea pig tricked me.

PERMACAV 50 posted:

If it’s going to take so goddamn long to get the multiple tiers of greebles to transmog one (1) piece of armor, there is zero reason to cap it. Let people grind if they want, has Bungie decided they don’t need engagement?

We have no idea how long those bounties will take.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

hiddenriverninja posted:

I made a list of the stuff that I really want to transmog on my hunter and it's about only 17 pieces, thank goodness.

Yeah, I'm hard pressed to think up 20 pieces or armor that I really want to turn into Trasnmogs tbh

I've mainly been using the existing UO from eververse or the season pass

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Apr 22, 2021

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

Turra posted:

We have no idea how long those bounties will take.

if the Guardian Games Bright Dust bounties are anything to measure future bounties by, its gonna be stupid

20 kills with Hand Cannons for 10 bright dust Crucible bounty vs 5 kills with Hand Cannons for 10 bright dust Crucible bounty

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Why does there need to be three currencies for transmog? (Four if you count Eververse)

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

Pirate Jet posted:

Why does there need to be three currencies for transmog? (Four if you count Eververse)

because theres 3 currencies for upgrading gear already. (4 if you want to count the infusion currency)

they have to match

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Man that is disappointing as hell

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

I mean i guess you could go with an all white hobo armor set while demolishing endgame content, just for kicks

edit:

Bideo James posted:

they have to match too much

agreed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

the fact that the collection system already in place doesnt contribute to the transmog is stupid. Why did I grind out all this poo poo if i have to grind it out again? Oh its an MMO.

Luke Smith said on a video that all your collections would be available to trasmog, but of course didnt state how it would be. But the game direction things are taking now is that you have to play this game even more to get cool stuff

theyre removing weapons from a pool again only to have them return half the season later. WHY