Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sad question
May 30, 2020

I nominate "pardon my tits" from Dexter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Ending speech from Fateful Findings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKohD_RLnFw

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

OMFG FURRY posted:

you're the real heroes
*salutes those brave pilots at Delta Airlines*

Every time someone replays that video, Michael Bay climaxes without knowing why.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7Hn1rPQouU

I'm a big fan of this very accurate hacking scene from "The Castle"

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Poohs Packin posted:

"Oh you're good -- but I'm better!" *typetypetype*

Love it when hacking happens in real-time, hacker vs hacker, like a martial arts duel, and is solely decided on who can type the fastest.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

What was that hacking scene from where the hacker wasn’t hacking fast enough so a second person helped out by furiously typing with them on the same keyboard?

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Armitag3 posted:

"Oh you're good -- but I'm better!" *typetypetype*

Love it when hacking happens in real-time, hacker vs hacker, like a martial arts duel, and is solely decided on who can type the fastest.

I really like the part where they show "Counterstrike" blinking on a button in the corner because the target audience for the show had heard their wily computer addicted children talking about "counterstrike" and brushed it off as "a computer thing".

namelesstwo
May 7, 2007
the uber joker

Chrs posted:

What was that hacking scene from where the hacker wasn’t hacking fast enough so a second person helped out by furiously typing with them on the same keyboard?

https://youtu.be/u8qgehH3kEQ

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Neil Breen is a god drat genius and i demand you remove this video from the thread >:[

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

OMFG FURRY posted:

Neil Breen is a god drat genius and i demand you remove this video from the thread >:[

He's certainly not of this time. Behind, ahead of his time, I'll leave that as an exercise to the audience.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Can I just say "all of Riverdale"? I have never heard such insane dialogue in my life.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Dexter's girlfriend was the worst character ever.

DEXTERRR? DEXTERRR? ARE YOU COMING TO THE BAKE SALE TONIIIGHT? I KNOW YOU HAVE A MURDER TO DO BUT THE BAKE SALE IS REALLY IMPORTANT TO MEEE? DEXTEERRRRR?

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

It was really funny how in Newsroom they would sometimes have very emotional arguments about America. "OMG America! But America! Would someone think of America!"

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Poohs Packin posted:

Isn't Castle a joke show? Like almost a parody of these other shows you're all posting?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaMdXjTn9rc

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Mescal posted:

Jesus. This hurts. It must be intentional. I mean, we're watching it for free

This was on ABC, right? Years ago Subway did a promo with NBC sitcoms like Chuck, Community and (I think) 30 Rock. Community built an entire episode around it which is was pretty good.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

kntfkr posted:

Dexter's girlfriend was the worst character ever.

DEXTERRR? DEXTERRR? ARE YOU COMING TO THE BAKE SALE TONIIIGHT? I KNOW YOU HAVE A MURDER TO DO BUT THE BAKE SALE IS REALLY IMPORTANT TO MEEE? DEXTEERRRRR?

And then the one time he missed the bake sale...

:(

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

Isn't Castle a joke show? Like almost a parody of these other shows you're all posting?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaMdXjTn9rc

This may be. I dont watch alot of television.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

My housemate watches poo poo on Netflix and its always Americans who sound like can they hardly breathe putting out 1 or 2 words every 5 seconds and its the worst loving poo poo ever made lol

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

StabMasterArson posted:

My housemate watches poo poo on Netflix and its always Americans who sound like can they hardly breathe putting out 1 or 2 words every 5 seconds and its the worst loving poo poo ever made lol

Lol

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

I'm ashamed that I watched this, jfc :stare:

My wife watches crap like this all the time. Should I call a lawyer?

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
I’d like to nominate ‘He made you…suck?’ by Aceveda’s wife in ‘The Shield’. Prior to this line, he’d been explaining to her that his recent personality changes were due to the trauma of being orally raped at gunpoint.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Torquemada posted:

I’d like to nominate ‘He made you…suck?’ by Aceveda’s wife in ‘The Shield’. Prior to this line, he’d been explaining to her that his recent personality changes were due to the trauma of being orally raped at gunpoint.

It wasn't great, but I think it was in every "Previously on..." for the duration of the show after that which just hammered home how bad it was.

AFewBricksShy fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Apr 21, 2021

Psycho Mantits
Oct 6, 2009

AFewBricksShy posted:

It wasn't great, but I think it was in every "Previously on..." for the duration of the show after that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2aINQduzqM

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I can't find that Marvel's Inhumans clip, but trust me.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

years and years ago there was a gbs superstar who worked as a PA on the shield and tried so hard to convince me to watch it but i never did. to this day im not sure if he was owned or i was.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

I've never watched the shield (chiklis peaked with the commish imo) but does the whole thing have the production quality of a high school media studies project or are those clips like, all season 1

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Bonzo posted:

This was on ABC, right? Years ago Subway did a promo with NBC sitcoms like Chuck, Community and (I think) 30 Rock. Community built an entire episode around it which is was pretty good.

Yeah, Community's was really well done, and the joke where they reveal what Britta saw man-Subway as was so good.

Chuck's product placement, in comparison, was standard TV product placement with at least one or two scenes that just opened with a character diving into a sub while they talk to themselves about how good it is. Not awful, and way worse than the Hawaii Five-0 one.

I don't think 30 Rock had one, but another show might've.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I've seen people on this board claim that the Shield is a better crime drama than the Wire, and that is just a completely insane opinion. Like, the Wire occasionally got a little corny, but the Shield literally had vaccines causing autism as a plot point if I'm remembering it correctly.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Twitch posted:

I've seen people on this board claim that the Shield is a better crime drama than the Wire, and that is just a completely insane opinion. Like, the Wire occasionally got a little corny, but the Shield literally had vaccines causing autism as a plot point if I'm remembering it correctly.

The parents sorta latched on to that theory but it was more them trying to understand why/how two of their kids ended up autistic.

It's not a better show than the Wire in any way. It's still pretty entertaining that goes to some really :stare: places.

Braking Gnus
Oct 13, 2012

Jose Oquendo posted:

The parents sorta latched on to that theory but it was more them trying to understand why/how two of their kids ended up autistic.

It's not a better show than the Wire in any way. It's still pretty entertaining that goes to some really :stare: places.

The Shield was more accurate in terms of the kind of bullshit the cops get into, apparently. Otherwise, yeah, this is correct.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

True Detective Season 2 is the only show I can recall watching until the episode before the finale and just stopping because I didn't care about any of the four main characters or their associated plots. There's a scene where Vince Vaughan's character beats a drug dealer unconscious and then rips his teeth out with pliers and they somehow made it boring. Hope he got that land deal or whatever.

The only good scenes involve Colin Farrell watching Friends with his failson.

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005
My favorite bit of trivia about The Shield is that one of the few cops who is consistently shown as a "good guy" is played by an actor who is now serving a life sentence for murdering his wife.

The Shield does have some good bits, and it was one of the first dramas to establish that a decent number cops might actually be bastards, but it's very much an early 2000's show, since the first episode unironically uses Kid Rock as "badass stuff gonna happen" music.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Braking Gnus posted:

The Shield was more accurate in terms of the kind of bullshit the cops get into, apparently. Otherwise, yeah, this is correct.

It's based off the Rampart division of the LAPD, which did some hosed up poo poo (even for cop standards) IRL. I'm sure there's some documentaries or books you can read about it.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

mojo1701a posted:

30 rock did, but I don’t know if they were seriously product placements that they made jokes about or just jokes about product placement that they didn’t get paid for.

https://youtu.be/b9hepxidZyo

https://youtu.be/d36wUmJGzvA

White collar had some bad Ford ones.

Edit:

azflyboy posted:

My favorite bit of trivia about The Shield is that one of the few cops who is consistently shown as a "good guy" is played by an actor who is now serving a life sentence for murdering his wife.
It’s Michael Jace who played Julien if anyone else was curious.
Holy poo poo.

AFewBricksShy fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Apr 21, 2021

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

AFewBricksShy posted:

30 rock did, but I don’t know if they were seriously product placements or just jokes

Seinfeld had a running gag where anytime someone was offered a Snapple they would turn it down.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

AFewBricksShy posted:

30 rock did, but I don’t know if they were seriously product placements that they made jokes about or just jokes about product placement that they didn’t get paid for.

I'm pretty sure they were serious product placements, given that they usually credited the product placement at the end of every episode. So much so that Apple is probably listed in almost every single episode because there's always a computer somewhere.

I was thinking Subway specifically, though, because Subway was the sponsor for the "Save Chuck" campaign 10 years ago, which was about the same time other shows like Community did it, too.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
30 Rock also had to do the Bee Movie episode and one for "Green" environmental stuff.

Bonzo fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Apr 22, 2021

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

mojo1701a posted:

Yeah, Community's was really well done, and the joke where they reveal what Britta saw man-Subway as was so good.

Chuck's product placement, in comparison, was standard TV product placement with at least one or two scenes that just opened with a character diving into a sub while they talk to themselves about how good it is. Not awful, and way worse than the Hawaii Five-0 one.

30 rock had them ask I think a cell phone company for free poo poo

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

mojo1701a posted:

What she see him as

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Milo and POTUS posted:

What she see him as

She first sees him as this tall hunky dude, but then once he's fired, he's just another regular-looking guy. Turns out that she's just attracted to him because he's a corporation literally personified and thus is forbidden to her.

He again shows up in season 6 and they rekindle a romance because he's hired to literally do nothing but attend classes and talk about how great his new car his.