Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
"gently caress yeah, gonna cut some lino"
"Wait, a million bricks? This sucks, what the gently caress"

I hate brickwork and yet here I am, doing this to myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Trabant posted:

"gently caress yeah, gonna cut some lino"
"Wait, a million bricks? This sucks, what the gently caress"

I hate brickwork and yet here I am, doing this to myself.

It rules tho.

How big is this piece?
Still an insane amount of lino to carve out.

Also reminds me I have pieces of lino I should do some printing with. So much goddamn work though.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Thank you -- it's an 8"x10". I found that size to generally be in the Goldilocks zone for print size vs detail, but I'm still expecting my hand to be a useless claw by the end of this one.

gurragadon
Jul 28, 2006

dog nougat posted:

Got some more work done on this today. Decided that I should just ditch the gothic portion of the architecture moving forward. Feels disjointed and a bit out of place.

Love the steampunk look of this. Great details on the overlapping different types of gears. Also, Wild Wild West had both an amazing art direction and was good if you don't try to make sense of it, it's my favorite Will Smith movie.

Here's a drawing I did yesterday of some wildflowers growing in my yard. I'm trying to get an idea of the different shapes of flowers but dandelions wilt so fast I ended up redrawing them a couple times. Going to do a closer study of each flower though, they have so much detail.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Cover illustration I did for the new monthly update on my game, Kandria: https://reader.tymoon.eu/article/395

IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002
From vision to reality, for better or worse.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Felt like poo poo again tonight but at least I managed to poop something out

Memories of Spire

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

IkeTurner posted:

From vision to reality, for better or worse.

I love this.

Here is the latest batch of coasters.

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience
I got an iPad and Adobe Fresco and I am really into the Sumi brush.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Love this. I have a dear friend who cannot read maps but believes she can. I've been that rightmost kobold so often.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

animé

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience
I’m thinking of a noise like DNNNNNNNNNN

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Just messing around with some portrait work:

Playing around with not being so precious with my brush strokes and just kind of being sloppy with it.

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

Couple of things from this week:

Did a still life to get used to drawing on an iPad.

Some face practice I did today. Went on Quickposes and set the timer for 90 seconds.

Claeaus
Mar 29, 2010
I've done a bunch of faces at Quickposes as well and since it doesn't have that many different faces I actually recognize some of those :D

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Today I made a collage!

It was fun to do and extremely fiddly and there are tiny bits of paper all over the place. Might do more though, it was very chill.

Edit: replaced image with one taken in actual daylight

HopperUK fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Apr 19, 2021

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

A buffoon: make the lines thinner.
Me, a genius: hmm yes, make them even thicker

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

Got a decent bit done today.
Did some gesture drawing, trying some different things than I usually do

Also messed around with ibisPro X. It has some pretty powerful perspective tools, so I tried using those to kind of try and imagine what a '70s take on cyberspace might've looked like.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

I drew a new nightmare. This one is pretty NSFW both for nudity and body horror.

:nws::nms:https://i.ibb.co/4FGxW4F/6-A094-D66-2-ED5-4-CF2-B31-C-F8-CDB54-F239-F.jpg:nms::nws:

I’ve mostly figured out what I hosed up with the forward hand, at least.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

that's so good. what are you using?

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Flavius Aetass posted:

that's so good. what are you using?

Thanks! Software? I use Procreate.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

April

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Haven't done a major painting in several weeks, but I'm gonna start trying to interleave multiple big projects together so that my eyes have more opportunities to come back to something with fresh eyes. Assignment was to paint a major scene from Spider-man's life, with focus on Spider-man, and I felt death of Gwen or Spider-man No More or whatever were too played out, so I went with the most hated event since the Clone Saga.

https://twitter.com/cmarguel/status/1385151524251348994

Claeaus
Mar 29, 2010

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

> pet

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

In honour of Earth Day, I followed a tutorial and have painted a great tit. This is not funny in the slightest, don't be so immature.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

HopperUK posted:

In honour of Earth Day, I followed a tutorial and have painted a great tit. This is not funny in the slightest, don't be so immature.

Next do some boobies.

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Angrymog posted:

Next do some boobies.

Don't think I won't god drat it

e: Okay I didn't. I did a robin instead. NOT from a tutorial this time. From a photo and my own mind.

HopperUK fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Apr 24, 2021

Claeaus
Mar 29, 2010

Traced the rat and tried to color it. Meh, feels like I'm just slowly slowly adding shading and getting diminishing return on investment at this stage. I know it can be better, but I don't know if I can make it better at the moment

HopperUK posted:

e: Okay I didn't. I did a robin instead. NOT from a tutorial this time. From a photo and my own mind.

I think this one looks better than the one from the tutorial!

Claeaus fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Apr 24, 2021

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Claeaus posted:

Traced the rat and tried to color it. Meh, feels like I'm just slowly slowly adding shading and getting diminishing return on investment at this stage. I know it can be better, but I don't know if I can make it better at the moment

I think this one looks better than the one from the tutorial!

Aw thank you! I love robins, they're so round and friendly.

The rat honestly looks to me like it's done in terms of just adding colour. You might want to go for very thin lines and add texture for fur, or you could stop where you are, too. I love his eye in particular, it's very alive!

Squidtamer DA
Jun 3, 2007
Squirts ink when provoked
Deep down, we're all frog.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Squidtamer DA posted:

Deep down, we're all frog.

The frog's expression here is killing me, it's perfect. I'm sorry frog! go back to what you were doing!

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Hello all. I've been doing through my old sketchbooks lately and realized that not only did I used to put more care into drawing and sketching, I also haven't done much of creative anything since like 2014, especially drawing. So in an effort to get back into it I'm gonna start small and abuse this novelty sketchbook given to me far too many years ago and fill it with pen and ink abominations.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Turbinosamente posted:

Hello all. I've been doing through my old sketchbooks lately and realized that not only did I used to put more care into drawing and sketching, I also haven't done much of creative anything since like 2014, especially drawing. So in an effort to get back into it I'm gonna start small and abuse this novelty sketchbook given to me far too many years ago and fill it with pen and ink abominations.

Your lines are really good! So clean, dang.

Someone in the thread was demanding boobies!

Claeaus
Mar 29, 2010

More practicing. No sketch lines, just blocking in values and adding more detail. A bunch of things are off but that'll do for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NAG
Jul 13, 2009

Claeaus posted:

More practicing. No sketch lines, just blocking in values and adding more detail. A bunch of things are off but that'll do for now.

This looks good! I think you're developing a good eye for values.

Here is Italian horror film actress Cinzia Monreale. The hair still looks a bit string-moppish but I think it's an area where I'll improve very gradually over time.