Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Hey if this doesn’t work maybe they’ll start him in g-

goldrush posted:

Can he play goal? Might be worth a try there instead

:argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

CBJSprague24 posted:

Why try to replicate the Coliseum when you already have a perfectly semi-good actual Coliseum you could probably renovate for less?

The coliseum’s seating is fine, it’s the narrow concourse that sucks. That’s what Belmont is going to fix.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
Old hockey arenas rule, why do people want restaurants and poo poo at a hockey game?

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Old hockey arenas rule, why do people want restaurants and poo poo at a hockey game?

I don't know, for the not-hockey fans they take with to the games?

Can you still tailgate before the Islander games? I had a friend that moved back to Long Island that's a huge Isles fan, and he'd tell stories of people setting up in the parking lot. This is clearly before they moved to Brooklyn for reasons, but mostly from the 90s.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Spelling Mitsake posted:

I think it goes beyond hockey. Sporting events have been veering towards gentrified luxury for a while now (Not familiar with NBA or footie, but Jones and Spanos in the NFL come to mind). I think NHL owners are just following suit.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

MoaM posted:

I think it goes beyond hockey. Sporting events have been veering towards gentrified luxury for a while now (Not familiar with NBA or footie, but Jones and Spanos in the NFL come to mind). I think NHL owners are just following suit.

Let's not get started about the footie and gentrification after this past week. Jfc.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Jhet posted:

I don't know, for the not-hockey fans they take with to the games?

Can you still tailgate before the Islander games? I had a friend that moved back to Long Island that's a huge Isles fan, and he'd tell stories of people setting up in the parking lot. This is clearly before they moved to Brooklyn for reasons, but mostly from the 90s.

Yep. It's a scene. Especially for Rangers Islanders games.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I get that this time of year is for getting the kids ice time when you're out of the running but:

https://twitter.com/BlueJacketsNHL/status/1385271739718963202

...man, that sure is a dire lineup.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

goldrush posted:

Can he play goal? Might be worth a try there instead

Watching the last game it did strike me why Dubas' approach to the trade deadline seemed to be "it's important the team give up no more than 15 shots a game.)

Spelling Mitsake posted:

It's half creating a 'luxury experience' to justify charging a zillion dollars a ticket, and half tickets are so expensive you gotta provide more for people who are coming all the way in from the suburbs.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

CBJSprague24 posted:

I get that this time of year is for getting the kids ice time when you're out of the running but:

https://twitter.com/BlueJacketsNHL/status/1385271739718963202

...man, that sure is a dire lineup.

Is Torts playing Laine on his off-wing for Stefan Matteau? lol

e: hell ya https://twitter.com/shireyirving/status/1385380708571615239?s=21

The Dirty Burger fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Apr 23, 2021

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

A caps/isles playoffs is gonna be a boring snooze fest...

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
So would Bruins/Penguins so I really hope those aren't the matchups. Give us Caps/Pens and Isles/Bruins.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

The Rangers are Dogshit Garbage.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Cartoon Man posted:

A caps/isles playoffs is gonna be a boring snooze fest...

I was just thinking this. Coin flips are no fun.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/kurt_bsh/status/1385408039054884867?s=21

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Also, gently caress the Islanders for playing 5 minutes of keepaway in the overtime period.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Two years in a row the Rangers just fall apart when it comes down to crunch time. Quinn has to go.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Carolina delivers stunning defeat to the referees, and also the Panthers were there.

14 PIM in the third alone, come on.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I wanna see the Caps ride Samsonov for a couple games down this stretch, I think he’s the playoff starter. Not sure Vanacek would’ve won tonight, he likely would’ve let that Barzel breakaway chance in.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Also two shorthanded goals from Aho, including this Mighty Ducks kinda bullshit.

https://twitter.com/NHLGIFs/status/1385394358644523014

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

grassy gnoll posted:

Also two shorthanded goals from Aho, including this Mighty Ducks kinda bullshit.

Aho owns. Definitely underrated for playing on a nothing team.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Just goes to show the Panthers just can't ever beat the Hurricanes, regardless how much outside help they get.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/friedgehnic/status/1385415298472456195?s=21

Jakub Vrana going off in Detroit

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

A very fair one for one trade

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

If only he were on an original 6...

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Could be the rare win/win trade. Glad to see it, shame he’s banished to Detroit though.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Spelling Mitsake posted:

If only he were on an original 6...

Well then he would be reviled for not singularly carrying the franchise.
Of the two choices he definitely has the better arrangement

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

When normal hockey comes back can we keep Carolina in the Central? The Metro can have the Blues in return.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Furnaceface posted:

When normal hockey comes back can we keep Carolina in the Central? The Metro can have the Blues in return.

That's a fair trade provided it's this years version of the blues and they don't suddenly get good again.
But carolina really seems to be rounding into something and one less grinder in the metro is a fair deal

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Cartoon Man posted:

Also, gently caress the Islanders for playing 5 minutes of keepaway in the overtime period.

It's hilarious how coaches took something as exciting as 3v3 hockey and came up with a way to make it boring as gently caress.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

They are fun to watch and if we go back to the old divisions the Central is.. lacking in entertaining teams. Colorado would benefit from having a team around that can put up a fight so they dont coast into the playoffs and get swept. :v:

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
didn't realize Vegas already locked up a playoff spot. Guess that makes sense, that division is rear end

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

grassy gnoll posted:

This owns so freaking hard.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Jamwad Hilder posted:

didn't realize Vegas already locked up a playoff spot. Guess that makes sense, that division is rear end

The parity in the Western Conference in general right now might be the worst we have seen since the salary cap started. Colorado and Vegas are powerhouses, you have a tiny handful of mediocre teams, then a giant pile of dinosaur poop at the bottom.

That Vegas gets to dodge the expansion draft is criminal.

e: Basing this off the normal divisions/conferences, not the covid ones.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Hey, Carolina's not a nothing team. They're a group of plucky underdogs, a batch of scrubs and schlubs with heart, and they're absolutely going to get murdered by the rich kids at Camp Tampa.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Cartoon Man posted:

Could be the rare win/win trade. Glad to see it, shame he’s banished to Detroit though.

Panik had a goal too.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

I was thinking "that dude is going to get megapaid soon" but it turns out he's already on $8.5M/year.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Matt Zerella posted:

Two years in a row the Rangers just fall apart when it comes down to crunch time. Quinn has to go.

It's a combination of having a lot of players who aren't there yet, along with not having a full NHL lineup. Their defense tonight had a guy in his first pro game, who was literally in college last week, paired with a guy with 67 games experience, plus players with 44, 111, and 115 games in the NHL. The only veteran defenseman was a guy who wasn't even in the opening night lineup. That defense took five penalties tonight, which led to two goals.

I don't think Quinn is a great coach, but I think there's at least a few coaches who would've scratched one of those guys in favor of veteran defenseman Jack Johnson.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Furnaceface posted:

They are fun to watch and if we go back to the old divisions the Central is.. lacking in entertaining teams. Colorado would benefit from having a team around that can put up a fight so they dont coast into the playoffs and get swept. :v:

You should maybe watch Minnesota more this year. They’ve been scoring much more than years past and have been a lot of fun most nights. They did go 3-5 with Colorado, but are 4-1-1 against Vegas too. Kaprizov is just a ton of fun to watch make good Defenders look ordinary too. I have no idea how he went in the 5th round, but I’ll take it.

https://twitter.com/mnwild/status/1385076279632830468?s=21

How is that not fun?

Edit: the Blues, Stars, and Jets are so very grindy though. Arizona won’t be much of an addition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

Zodijackylite posted:

It's a combination of having a lot of players who aren't there yet, along with not having a full NHL lineup. Their defense tonight had a guy in his first pro game, who was literally in college last week, paired with a guy with 67 games experience, plus players with 44, 111, and 115 games in the NHL. The only veteran defenseman was a guy who wasn't even in the opening night lineup. That defense took five penalties tonight, which led to two goals.

I don't think Quinn is a great coach, but I think there's at least a few coaches who would've scratched one of those guys in favor of veteran defenseman Jack Johnson.

Yeah I think Quinn has to go is a bit sensationalist. Fall apart down the stretch seems a bit rough. They beat the Devils four in a row but the Devils are in a race to the bottom. They then lost to the isles who very may well win the east and lost their best Dman which as Zodijackylite mentioned lead to probably one of the most green d-corps ever fielded. Collapse down the stretch seems a bit tough. They were are long shot the entire time.