Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

morestuff posted:

I don’t know why it surprised me at all but they are still somehow selling that poo poo

This would be better if it was airbrushed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Athanatos posted:

Paul George is REALLY setting people up for the "poo poo I thought this was his year" explosion. When he drops 6 points in the first game twitter is going to be amazing.

I think those people will find a way to hate on him no matter what happens.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Ok I've said a lot of dogshit stuff is cool over the last page but the NBA Looney Tunes 90s shirts are legit good. Airbrushed or not.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Red Rox posted:

I think those people will find a way to hate on him no matter what happens.

That post itself was making GBS threads on him if you didn’t notice

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Chris Boucher has a sprained MCL which is a real shame because the Raptors play the Knicks tomorrow and I wanted to see him and Julius battle it out in a classic thunder versus lightening duel for the ages.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

What if someone did a crossover between the NBA and Looney Tunes, just spitballing here

superstar producer Ryan Coogler is credited with producing two films this year: Judas and the Black Messiah, and Space Jam 2.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

R.D. Mangles posted:

What if someone did a crossover between the NBA and Looney Tunes, just spitballing here

Damnit now I have to stop making fun of the drat Marvel thing because what if it's really cool?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

morestuff posted:

I don’t know why it surprised me at all but they are still somehow selling that poo poo

https://twitter.com/hornets/status/1384551155573874688?s=21

my absolute favorite shirt as a kid that got me in to basketball was a drat Looney Tunes Charlotte Hornets shirt with Daffy Duck dunking the ball

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I had a shirt very similar to this as a kid and I wore it til till it was a rag. My mom got it for me on a business trip and I don't think I knew a single Buck

Fair to say until the Raptors came to town my favourite basketball player was the Tasmanian Devil

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
I just got done with a test so I'm doing some rapid fire posting

Lockback posted:

I'd go
Snyder (for this season and also since he's been real good for years)
Thibs
Monty Williams (Share with CP3)
Maybe Doc?

Nate McMillan has completely turned the hawks around. I naively picked them for biggest swing in wins in the zogopoll and Big Nate has at least given me a fighting chance even if there are other teams with bigger swings currently.

a new study bible! posted:

I thought that stuff was required viewing for mods. Apologies!

Aatrek isn't a mod anymore (JOKES!)

dokmo posted:

God loving dammit

I look forward to your future compilations featuring players in superhero outfits and "failed dunks while wearing capes"

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I think the shirt that got me into sports in general and not just the Lions was one of those mighty ducks cartoon starter shirts with the scary/cartoony goalie mask

sort of like this one but better and with the necessary starter patch

picpaste

Which reminds me of the classic *** era ***** ******* take that sports fans are just graphic design groupies. I was for sure

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I am pretty sure I had that Mighty Ducks shirt. It was so cool.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I had a mighty ducks starter jacket when I was a kid and then bought a couple shirts when I was living around there and started following the ducks casually and going to games a few times a year. The team should go back to that name and logo and stop being embarassed about being associated with the movie everyone is gonna associate them with anyway. Teemu was a mighty duck so by definition it is good.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Apr 23, 2021

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

my first pieces of sports merch were a vancouver grizzlies hat, a tiny pittsburgh penguins bike, and some NHL bedsheets covered with all the logos. sports rule!

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

MourningView posted:

I had a mighty ducks starter jacket when I was a kid and then bought a couple shirts when I was living around there and started following the ducks casually and going to games a few times a year. The team should go back to that name and logo and stop being embarassed about being associated with the movie everyone is gonna associate them with anyway

Agree that they should stop being embarrassed about being associated with the movie. Also believe that the Mighty Ducks is better than Space Jam.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Spacebump posted:

Agree that they should stop being embarrassed about being associated with the movie. Also believe that the Mighty Ducks is better than Space Jam.

All three of them were and the third one stinks!

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

what is the basketball equivalent of throwing garbage all over the ice and making the players clean it up? I was thinking Sam Mitchel making players fight for a ball between two lines but that really only involves a few people at a time

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

BWV posted:

what is the basketball equivalent of throwing garbage all over the ice and making the players clean it up? I was thinking Sam Mitchel making players fight for a ball between two lines but that really only involves a few people at a time

in an arena, chucking a bunch of balls up into the seats and telling people to get them

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

MourningView posted:

All three of them were and the third one stinks!

The TV series is also better, and that is

well it's fun but it has some rough moments.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

dokmo posted:

this is the most niche edit i've made, have a look at the league leader in fake dhos, naz reid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeLXHkWFRWk

change the logo to him palming the ball up and out

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/1385712231552143362?s=21

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

https://twitter.com/mdemone/status/1385714104971767808?s=21

Lookit this motherfucker talking poo poo to my king. I ain't having it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Lockback posted:

In Boston and Chicago it was basically "take away any chance the ball handler has to get to the rim". So lots of Icing on screens (in situations that you usually didn't), lots of overcommitting to the paint, and playing off weakside guys. It was really trying to take the Iso game away as much as you can and then just dealing with what was left. It wasn't, like, mind blowing. No one is going to write a book about it, but he was able to make that defense easy enough to follow that all of a sudden Paul Pierce and Keith Bogans looked like really good defensive wings. Now playing that kind of defense (with more running players off the 3 point line) is pretty well adopted but he's still really good at getting players to execute.

I feel like he deserves some more credit than this. It was an evolution that was going to happen once illegal defense got removed but it's still hard to coach your guys to leave their man open. He's a big reason offense in the early 2010s sucked. The response was to shoot more threes.

What I'm saying Thibs ruined basketball and that's book worthy.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Wizards rookie Deni Avdija reportedly suffers broken ankle on gruesome fall
https://sports.yahoo.com/wizards-rookie-deni-avdija-suffers-gruesome-ankle-injury-needs-wheelchair-to-leave-court-004240341.html

How lessons from a dirt court turned Steph Curry into the greatest shooter in NBA history
https://sports.yahoo.com/how-lessons-from-a-dirt-court-turned-steph-curry-into-the-greatest-shooter-in-nba-history-203653930.html

Sterling Brown's teammates reportedly feared for his life after strip club attack: 'He could have died'
https://sports.yahoo.com/sterling-browns-teammates-reportedly-feared-for-his-life-after-strip-club-attack-he-could-have-died-232531494.html

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

The curious case of Vivian Flores, Lakers catfish queen
https://www.yahoo.com/news/curious-case-vivian-flores-lakers-221545789.html

Once 'naive' about anti-Asian hate, Jeremy Lin is taking racism head-on
https://sports.yahoo.com/once-naive-about-anti-asian-hate-jeremy-lin-is-taking-racism-head-on-195218311.html

CoolRanch posted:

Vindicated in thinking Randle was one of the best talents out of that draft class. Can't believe the Lakers basically let him walk.

I blame......Magic Johnson.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

The four main contenders this year have one championship in the last two-hundred seasons.

Betting: Would Jordan's 1996 Bulls team beat LeBron's 2020 Lakers title team?
https://sports.yahoo.com/betting-jordans-1996-bulls-team-080823831.html

All those knuckleheads talking about free speech and how this is the "land of the free and the home of the brave" drop it fast when they don't like something. Just like DJT was allowed to say anything for four years because "you can say whatever pops into your head in the US" or whatever. Then LBJ does it and it's "should be be jailed?!"

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
The Marvel telecast will be horrible, but a Jojo’s one would be good.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
] There are some photos of the latest NBA Mike James where he looks like a squished Zach Lavine. This Mike James is signing with the Nets

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

NickRoweFillea posted:

The Marvel telecast will be horrible, but a Jojo’s one would be good.
that, I could get on board with

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Got a new phone and it's pretty wild, lemme tell y'all. Looking forward to watching sick dunks on mobile on a much better phone!

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
minimum acceptable screen size to truly appreciate the beauty of andrew wiggins bricking wide open jumpers is 21"

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

watching hoops with the laptop on my belly in bed like god intended.

"it's such a sadness. that you think you've seen a [basketball game] on your loving telephone" - david lynch

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

8 year old me wouldn't believe how much I despise Marvel now, it's crazy. I especially don't like that disney is trying to ruin a night of my favorite sport with it.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I honestly loved those goofy TNT blockbuster movie tie promos. Who didn’t love hearing Gandalf pledging to return at the turn of the tide while Steve Nash was lobbing it to Amare. Or a Kobe 360 dunk tied in with The Day After Tomorrow tidal waves

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

WhyteRyce posted:

I honestly loved those goofy TNT blockbuster movie tie promos. Who didn’t love hearing Gandalf pledging to return at the turn of the tide while Steve Nash was lobbing it to Amare. Or a Kobe 360 dunk tied in with The Day After Tomorrow tidal waves

Optimus Prime stabbing a decepticon in the background as Tim Duncan hits a bank shot and points at Manu

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Ludacris popping in to compare a dunk to his role in the movie Crash, or Cronenberg popping in to compare a dunk to his movie Crash

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

hifi posted:

watching hoops with the laptop on my belly in bed like god intended.

"it's such a sadness. that you think you've seen a [basketball game] on your loving telephone" - david lynch

Is it more likely to see David Lynch at a lakers game or a clippers game though.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

thrilla in vanilla posted:

Is it more likely to see David Lynch at a lakers game or a clippers game though.

david lynch searching the darkness and evil in the hearts of American towns by attending the 13/14 day one game of the Big Ten Tournament

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
David Lynch’s Hoosiers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

thrilla in vanilla posted:

David Lynch’s Hoosiers

holy poo poo