Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
what's so civil about about libertarianism, anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
GG has always had stupid loving beliefs and letting morons trick you into framing supporting him as supporting his worldview or personal politics is stupid.
It was funny when he dunked on lovely libs, but developing a parasocial relationship with his twitter account allowed people to forget that the reason GG is important is he's a journalist who publishes important things, not because he himself is virtuous or a thought leader on the left or whatever. He could be a monarchist and the positive aspects of his existence would remain unchanged.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
lol

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Important things like why Hunter Biden’s nudes are the next Benghazi and doxxing his informant

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Internet Wizard posted:

doxxing his informant

when did this happen? please elaborate

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
it's the dumb lie he doxed reality winner. wandered in here from their gun hoarder forum to drop an incredibly stale turd

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fun Shoe

Zedhe Khoja posted:

it's the dumb lie he doxed reality winner. wandered in here from their gun hoarder forum to drop an incredibly stale turd

he reposted what she sent him exactly as is and the NSA was able to track her as a result. its a distinction without a difference. she's in prison as a direct result of his laziness

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Spergin Morlock posted:

he reposted what she sent him exactly as is and the NSA was able to track her as a result. its a distinction without a difference. she's in prison as a direct result of his laziness

he had nothing to do with the reality winner story

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
she was able to be tracked immediately because she sent it from her work computer using her work email, and Glenn Greenwald never worked on her story or handled her materials.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Spergin Morlock posted:

glenn greenwald was not on any of the bylines for the reality winner stuff. he had no involvement with the story at all. by that time the intercept had 50 journalists working in NYC. glenn greenwald was in brazil at the time, building the intercept brazil, and declined working on the story. if you want to blame someone at the intercept, blame micah lee and betsy reed

Bot 02
Apr 2, 2010

Dude... Did my plushie just talk?

One More Fat Nerd posted:

If you watch the video, he shits on metoo, and not in a "it was shamefully abandoned by libs" way. Dudes just a chud now.

Glenn has some really loving weird beliefs, but overall they don't really fit in with what I would consider chuddy.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fun Shoe
ok. the intercept hosed up and landed a hero in prison

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

a Loving Dog posted:

he had nothing to do with the reality winner story

Yes he did

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

ok what did he have to do with it

THS
Sep 15, 2017

if you are gonna hate glenn greenwald at least try not to use a smear that is a complete fabrication made up by twitter morons

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Spergin Morlock posted:

ok. the intercept hosed up and landed a hero in prison

she printed out the documents at work iirc and even though the intercept did gently caress up, she was going to get caught anyway

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fun Shoe

THS posted:

if you are gonna hate glenn greenwald at least try not to use a smear that is a complete fabrication made up by twitter morons

his demeanor annoys me

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Spergin Morlock posted:

his demeanor annoys me

yeah hes a real bitchy f*g isnt he

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

a Loving Dog posted:

ok what did he have to do with it

you tell me

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

he had nothing to do with it

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

a Loving Dog posted:

he had nothing to do with it

:rolleyes::allears:

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
if the majority of your hundreds of posts this year are in a thread dedicated to a single journalist your brain is a loving casserole
not directed at anybody just a general statement

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

I would love for you to tell me what he had to do with it paul

THS
Sep 15, 2017

paul dont be mean to ald

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
he burned her, with malice aforethought

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fun Shoe

THS posted:

yeah hes a real bitchy f*g isnt he

sexuality aside, he really is. he could be talking about how much fun he's having and it would still come across as whiny

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
giving a gently caress about gg is a pretty hot take

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

I was reading gg as gamergate for most of this page

Snake Dance
Jan 5, 2020

by Azathoth
Glenn was the first SWAT member through the door to arrest Reality Winner

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Lightningproof posted:

I was reading gg as gamergate for most of this page

I would prefer a gamergate discussion at this point, it would be less tiresome.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Gamer Gatewald

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

paul_soccer12 posted:

Gamer Gatewald

Its about ethics in lib ownership.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

paul_soccer12 posted:

he burned her, with malice aforethought

that's right

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

a Loving Dog posted:

she printed out the documents at work iirc and even though the intercept did gently caress up, she was going to get caught anyway

if she did something this incredibly stupid can you blame glenn for it

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
so, no comment about him jerking off over ~THE FOUNDERS~ and ~THE SENATE~ huh ok

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
GG published two really really important and good stories idk why anyone talks about him unless he’s publishing something equally important. everything else he ever says about any topic other than the two specific awesome stories he wrote is really tedious at best

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
All threads serve the gleen

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Flesh Forge posted:

so, no comment about him jerking off over ~THE FOUNDERS~ and ~THE SENATE~ huh ok

the GG defenders have to pick the very rare times he wasn’t the dumbest person in the room to use as evidence of how great he is, so of course they’re gonna just not talk about his latest idiocy

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Who's this guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

we talking about GG here?