Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Zero VGS posted:

How do they do that, is there like a macro that copies all the clicks needed to replicate it? It's very common for sure.

You can export and import hideouts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Zero VGS posted:

How do they do that, is there like a macro that copies all the clicks needed to replicate it? It's very common for sure.

when the only tool in your toolbox is a hammer...

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Tenkaris posted:

lol

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Tenkaris posted:

:allears:

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

Zero VGS posted:

https://hideoutshowcase.com/hideout/show/2529/title/IQF%20-%202B

you can download hideouts and import.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Tenkaris posted:

:kiss:

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Zero VGS posted:

You can import hideouts! There's a whole site full of anime tiddie hideouts and also regular ones!

Edit: God I love being the fifth person to reply to things. My hideout is lacking in such art but I did build a line of exiles waiting to be crucified by Vorici so that's nice.

SynthesisAlpha fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Apr 25, 2021

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

euphronius posted:

Coc cyclone inquis with fire skills???

I'm playing coc cyclone inquisitor with firestorm and sadly that staff doesn't beat martyr of innocence, at least with my setup

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

whypick1 posted:

Awesome! posted:

thats the keeper of the trove bloodline mod. causes the whole pack to drop the same type of garbage

unless you get maps :getin:

(though as you can see that was back in Delve league and I don't think I've had that happen since)

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The best case of that I've ever seen was way, way back when T15s (since there were no T16s) were selling for an exalt or so a pop and a goon got a whole pack of T15 Cores.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

god this game not having a death recap raises my blood pressure. just tell me why i'm getting globaled in ultimatums you piece of poo poo slot machine

except for the time where i clicked more projectiles in a room full of archers like a moron, that one i understood perfectly

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
I got amulets on first day of maps and it was great for the chaos recipe.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I'm also in the "My DIre build feels too squishy" camp and am thinking about rolling my second character of the League. Do any of the new blood skills look like they're end-game viable while maybe providing more defense than DIre?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Zenithe posted:

I got amulets on first day of maps and it was great for the chaos recipe.

When I was a kid I got excited for the opportunity to roll pennies up for depositing at the bank

Same energy

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

No Safe Word posted:

(though as you can see that was back in Delve league and I don't think I've had that happen since)
pour one out for Gorge

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Devor posted:

When I was a kid I got excited for the opportunity to roll pennies up for depositing at the bank

Same energy

I mean it's great the first 12 hours or so of the league so you can scoop up some cheapo exalts.

It's funny that so many people here dog on it while nearly all the metagamer players still do it the first day.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Critical posted:

god this game not having a death recap raises my blood pressure. just tell me why i'm getting globaled in ultimatums you piece of poo poo slot machine

except for the time where i clicked more projectiles in a room full of archers like a moron, that one i understood perfectly

I'm finding the lightning floor one and the flame ones to be doing a lot more damage than expected and dying to it.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Zotix posted:

I mean it's great the first 12 hours or so of the league so you can scoop up some cheapo exalts.

It's funny that so many people here dog on it while nearly all the metagamer players still do it the first day.

Game meta is get currency by whatever means necessary.

Thread meta is never admit to picking anything up ever.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I do the chaos recipe until exalts are over 100. So normally that's a day or two at most. Since I'm so far behind this league I haven't bothered at all.

Hitch
Jul 1, 2012

Ultimatum is my first league with this game. Turns out there is a lot of content to learn. Heists, incursions, delve, maps/atlas, labs, prophecies, some weird tower defense thing, etc.

Then there’s the mods to catch up on: veiled, crafting table, Vaal/corrupted something or other, etc.

Good fun but very tough to learn everything. I almost sold a 6.5ex belt (Ryslaths Studded or something) bc I didn’t know what I was doing. Good fun all around though. So far.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I got spammed hard selling a rare on my first league and sold it anyway, so you're doing better than me. To this day, I wonder what the gently caress it was.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Didn't do the chaos recipe at all for the second league in a row. Didn't even stockpile rares with the idea of doing it if I needed a little break. It worked out okay. I had a ton, just a metric ton, of lucky drops and vaal'd the first week/end. Now I'm sitting at around 15ex raw and there aren't even a lot of stretch items I'd like to buy yet.

More trip reporting for DIre Knew: I shored up my gear some and it feels a little better. 4500 HP means I still explode randomly sometimes, but have a little buffer. I think the key is avoiding phys as x mods and crazy crit mods. Having 60% chaos res is nice.

I'm thinking about trading off DPS for primordial chain and maybe socketing in some primordial eminence, but each golem/gem is only 2% extra phys reduction. Phys as X on the helm could help, as well as switching from left-click steelskin to a cwdt (maybe immortal call?) set up using a chance to dodge/phys damage reduction while focused helm craft could be cool as well.

I think the biggest revelation is that flame dash is the enemy and so are closed, indoor maps. Wide open expanses forever. Working towards A6 sirus later today :sun:

Yellow Yoshi
Apr 29, 2020

Figure 1: Mario's weird dog

DisgracelandUSA posted:

flame dash is the enemy

could you elaborate on this?
i haven't really ever paid attention to metas and details of builds until this league, would like to hear your take on it

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Its bad for speeding across the map but amazing for its real purpose, dodging

srulz
Jun 23, 2013

RIP Duelyst
Hello, I'm new to this game.

Currently I'm following Kay's Summoner guide here:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2181275

1st question,
And 1 thing I'm really curious about are the loot drops.
Unlike other games, firstly I need to find correctly linked items, then I can consider the actual stats, correct?
Using this philosophy, I've vendored so many rares so far.
So now I'm starting to die fast, simply because my resistances are non-existent.
My current gears are so many levels behind.
I'm using a Summoner, so I guess I'm actually more fortunate than others who actually fights face-to-face.

2nd question,
Everytime I level up, I will go back to town to check my vendor's inventory.
Just in case there's a 4 link there.
As I've gotten only 1 4 link so far, all blue thankfully.
Is this correct? Or should I just go ahead and play normally & only check monster's loot drops?
Or is there some other way to increase chances of 4 link plus dropping/sold?

3rd question,
Is "Meat Shield" messing up with my zombies' aggro?
I know they become more "defensive", but it seems a little bit much.
They are usually just chilling with me, even when there's a boss on-screen.
Or maybe I should run pass the boss or something?

4th question,
What are the advantages of joining a guild?
I usually play solo anyway.
How do I contribute, really?

That's all, thanks in advance.

Yellow Yoshi
Apr 29, 2020

Figure 1: Mario's weird dog

srulz posted:

2nd question,

i can't speak for the others, but those vendors inventories change each time you level up

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

srulz posted:

Hello, I'm new to this game.

Currently I'm following Kay's Summoner guide here:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2181275

1st question,
And 1 thing I'm really curious about are the loot drops.
Unlike other games, firstly I need to find correctly linked items, then I can consider the actual stats, correct?
Using this philosophy, I've vendored so many rares so far.
So now I'm starting to die fast, simply because my resistances are non-existent.
My current gears are so many levels behind.
I'm using a Summoner, so I guess I'm actually more fortunate than others who actually fights face-to-face.

2nd question,
Just in case there's a 4 link there.
As I've gotten only 1 4 link so far, all blue thankfully.
Is this correct? Or should I just go ahead and play normally & only check monster's loot drops?
Or is there some other way to increase chances of 4 link plus dropping/sold?

3rd question,
Is "Meat Shield" messing up with my zombies' aggro?
I know they become more "defensive", but it seems a little bit much.
They are usually just chilling with me, even when there's a boss on-screen.
Or maybe I should run pass the boss or something?

4th question,
What are the advantages of joining a guild?
I usually play solo anyway.
How do I contribute, really?

That's all, thanks in advance.

1) keep your resistances up, once you get to act 6 you'll really want to try to stay maxed (75%) on elemental res if at all possible, don't worry about chaos res at this point
1a) get more life on your gear
2) your primary link or two are important to max out, other stuff can just be whatever
2a) orbs of binding, if you find them, will 4L your item
3)yes probably, but you probably want something else doing your aggro (skeletons)
4) access to guild-stash for leveling items and slightly easier access to trials, otherwise just join global channel 5555 and we're there anyway

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Control Volume posted:

Its bad for speeding across the map but amazing for its real purpose, dodging

Correct. Too often I was flame dashing around as if I was playing vortex occultist or something actually tanking, winding up in a pack of mobs and getting splattered, even with disorienting display. Hilariously it culminated in me flame dashing into storms 3 times on sirus.

The biggest improvement was a realizing that you should slow down a little bit and tap and go killing things ahead of you, rather than around you.

Ultimately, the safest experience was delve and heist, but I'm getting better at not dying in maps : unsmith:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

srulz posted:

Newbie questions

0. What level are you?

1. 99% of what drops is garbage and when you're going through the story, save for maybe 1 piece of gear, stats are more important than links. You can easily get through the story with just 4L items, which aren't too hard to make on your own if you find something with the right stats (you can also find Crafting Bench recipes to force socket number/links/colors in Delve; for number/links they cost more than what the average number of attempts would be, with the tradeoff that you are not at the mercy of RNGesus; colors only go up to 3 guaranteed, the rest are randomly rolled and socket colors are weighted by the attribute requirements of the item).

I'm guessing you don't have an item filter setup. The most common place to get one is Filterblade, although it sure seems like their update for this league was a step backward. At the very least, it will help you to stop picking up so much crap.

2. Yoshi is correct that NPC vendor's only refresh their inventory when you level up.

3. You are correct. Meat Shield makes them stick really close to you. As the guide says, Spectres are your damage, Zombies soak up hits instead of you.

4. Guild Stash mainly. Lots of people ditch cheap leveling rares/uniques in there for people to use as they please (don't be a dick and vendor all of the items).

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

I was gonna level BFBB assassin in SC but is there a bigger damage BB build I could do for just as cheap? Some sort of Archmage?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Do I have to go out of my way to mitigate the reflected damage caused by the reworked zerker ascendancy, I dont know if I should take it last because getting hit by a lot of damage sounds like suicide early on.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Do I have to go out of my way to mitigate the reflected damage caused by the reworked zerker ascendancy, I dont know if I should take it last because getting hit by a lot of damage sounds like suicide early on.

Armor, phys damage reduction, phys as x elemental/chaos + resists, fortify, endurance charges for starters.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Too bad empy is banned or I could have gotten in the hall of memes for this league

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Wezlar posted:

I was gonna level BFBB assassin in SC but is there a bigger damage BB build I could do for just as cheap? Some sort of Archmage?

There is an Archmage Raider version that is fairly popular https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3079966

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Wezlar posted:

I think Big Ducks' Inquisitor BFBB is still pretty cheap and does a lot more damage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaFRN0dsTp8

The path of building in the video description has been updated a few times since that video came out, mostly for more survivability in Ultimatums

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I think Big Ducks' Inquisitor BFBB is still pretty cheap and does a lot more damage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaFRN0dsTp8

The path of building in the video description has been updated a few times since that video came out, mostly for more survivability in Ultimatums

Just as an FYI, I’ve been seeing a lot of people complaining about the survivability of this build in particular, and general quality of bigduck builds in general. Apparently a combination of lack of defensive layers, slow cast speed, and ultimatum mechanics has made for a lot of frustrated league starters

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Thanks! I'll probably give the Raider a shot since it's SC and I love zoomin

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

No Safe Word posted:

I heard you like channel.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Gorge....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Clockwerk posted:

Just as an FYI, I’ve been seeing a lot of people complaining about the survivability of this build in particular, and general quality of bigduck builds in general. Apparently a combination of lack of defensive layers, slow cast speed, and ultimatum mechanics has made for a lot of frustrated league starters

I've never liked Big Ducks builds - they're often like old Mathil builds. Very squishy, reliant on mechanical skill of the player to progress, and reliant on sheer playtime to outgear content enough that you can push levels.