Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for saying my friend should have rang the doorbell when I didn’t see her text, instead she left and is blaming me for her losing her job?

quote:

it’s our fault that she is going to lose her job because we should have known she is too anxious to ring a doorbell.
LMAO get hosed lady

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for saying my friend should have rang the doorbell when I didn’t see her text, instead she left and is blaming me for her losing her job?

Says she doesn’t know if she can be friends with us... I’m just kind of like whatever, I don’t think I want to be friends with someone like that, I kinda feel like I’m being used as an excuse to get fired so her boyfriend won’t be mad at her.

Well, sounds like she already figured out the real deal, so problem solved.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I can understand anxiety but I feel like this lady was on her last legs with the job and wants to blame someone else for it

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

quote:

but sat in the drive way and wouldn’t ring the doorbell because “she has bad anxiety”. Drove around for a while and went home. I apologized for missing her text, I was up and just cleaning. I told her she could bring him back by.

She completely ignored me all day. Then she told my husband it’s our fault that she is going to lose her job because we should have known she is too anxious to ring a doorbell.

get the gently caress outta here

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

AITA for telling a woman to gently caress off in front of her children?

quote:

I (19F) was in the park with my baby brother (2M), he was in a swing (1 of 2 in the toddler section) he normally stays in the swing for 20-25 minutes before wanting to go look for squirrels.

He’d been in the swing for about 15 minutes when a mid-30s woman and two boys who looked under 6 came into the toddler section. The children were shouting at each other while the woman shouted at them to behave then the smaller of the two boys ran off to the slide while the bigger one ran over to the swings.

When the boy got to the swings he stopped and just stared at me and then at 2M, I figured he’d been taught stranger danger and was waiting for the woman who I assumed was his mum to come over before getting too close to me. A couple more minutes go by and then the woman walked over to the swings and she just stared at me as well.

Now I was confused and slightly creeped out since I now had two strangers just staring at me so I decided to try and make some small talk like I normally do with other adults in the toddler section, I said “great to finally have some nice weather isn’t it?”

The woman looked at me for a moment before saying with a completely straight face “why are you using my sons swing? I didn’t give you permission”. This is a public park owned by the council, I thought perhaps she was confused or something so I asked her what she meant by ‘her sons swing’, she told me that her son claimed the swings a couple of weeks ago and that she’s sick of parents not respecting her sons property so she’s banned other children from using them so I need to take 2M off the swings immediately and that just because I couldn’t control my child doesn’t give me the right to use other peoples property without their permission.

At this point I was sick of the woman so I said “you can gently caress right off, this is a public park so everyone can use everything in it. You can’t just loving decide a piece of the equipment is yours”.

She walked away in a huff, maybe 5 minutes later 2M decided he was done with the swing and wanted out so we walked off to go look for squirrels. Before we left the toddler section the woman walked up to me and said I was a disgusting child for talking to a mother like that I’m front of her children just because I didn’t like what I heard and that I shouldn’t be allowed unsupervised contact with a child if I thought it was ok to speak like that in front of them.

When we got home I talked to my parents about the incident and they both agreed that while the woman was acting like an idiot it was wrong for me to swear at her in front of her children, I didn’t think there was anything wrong with saying a couple of swear words in front of the children because there were other parents in the park shouting worse sear words which everyone could hear so regardless every child in the park was hearing some swear words but maybe I’m wrong so AITA?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Cowslips Warren posted:

White People.

AITA for refusing to wear Mexican themed clothes to a rehearsal dinner?

They will so end up viral if they do this. I kinda hope they make the dudes wear sombreros too. Maybe have the women yell AI AI AI during the dinner.

Gringos gonna gring.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Where do these people come from?
It's a lot more reasonable and understandable if you assume the friend is full of poo poo and just using the "too anxious to dial a telephone, ring the doorbell, honk the car horn, knock on the door, etc" as a way to shift blame. Worth noting that there's only OP's assumption that the friend drove all the way there and was totally ready to hand over the kid; it's entirely possible (likely IMO) that the real answer is that the friend fell back asleep.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Hughlander posted:

She better get used to her kids hearing it cause she's going to get it a loving lot

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Oh boy. That is some textbook self-sabotage right there.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
AITA for accidentally, but literally ruining an old friends life?

quote:

Throwaway because I don't want this on my main. Facts have been changed for protection. The truck story is the best comparison I can come up with. TL/DR at bottom.

Back when (fake names) James and I were 17, we 'borrowed' his moms truck. Thing is, we completely wrecked it by accident. We were on a slope and didn't use the parking break. The short version is it ended up rolling down the slope, going/rolling over an embankment, and crashing pretty hard. We both got banged up chasing after it because we didn't know the embankment was there and ended up falling onto the truck. To get out of trouble, we told everyone we were in the truck when it happened, and made up a lie about swerving to avoid hitting something.

After high school we went our separate ways. Fell 100% out of touch. I mean no contact for fifteen years.

Anyway, last summer, I'm passing through a town for work and when I stop into a diner for Lunch, there's James. He's with a group of people, but he recognizes me and immediately runs over. It's sort of a happy mini-reunion. It was really great. He's laughing with his wife (I didn't even know he was married) telling her about all the antics we got into as teenagers. This is where the proverbial poop hit the fan.

I told the car rolling story.

So, it turns out James has built his entire life around that lie. He became a career motivational speaker about overcoming and surviving trauma. He met his wife in a trauma survivors group. And if that wasn't bad enough, the other two people there were his agent and a reporter. They were all there for an interview ahead of the release of a book he's getting published.

Long and short, the fall-out was bad. His wife has left him. The agency he was with decided not to work with him anymore. And the reporter does what reporters do. Ultimately, his book deal was canned, and apparently he's now being sued by multiple people/places for all the lies he's profited from. I'm writing this post because I found out he's also facing criminal charges for this and is looking at real time.

James never came at me, but his mother has brought the wrath of God down on me. A lot of the town we grew up in has been attacking me online calling me TA. And honestly, I really feel like poo poo about it. I never meant to ruin his life, but I feel like an AH because I was complicit in that lie by helping fabricate it in the first place. I also feel like TA because when I looked into him, he was genuinely trying to do good and help trauma victims.

I don't know how to feel, so my wife told me to share the story here to see. She says I'm NTA simply by virtue that I couldn't have known.

TL/DR: Ran into an old friend at a diner. Because he was telling the people he was with stories of our 'hijinks' as a teenager, I shared one too. Turns out he built a life around a lie we told regarding that hijink, and those people were his wife, agent, and a reporter. Now his entire life has fallen apart and he's looking at criminal charges and real time.

All right goons, what do you think the real story was? Some kind of drug or alcohol thing?

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Hughlander posted:

I would have sworn just as much as him and wrapped the swing around the top pole just to make sure that lady couldn't use it out of spite.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

artsy fartsy posted:

All right goons, what do you think the real story was? Some kind of drug or alcohol thing?

Now this guy is gonna get kidnapped by jigsaw and have to survive the exact trap he is lying about having been through or his wife will be killed in a gruesome fashion.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

artsy fartsy posted:

Oh, so it was him who woke up in rehab with the wounds of Christ miraculously appearing on his hands and feet.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

artsy fartsy posted:

I feel like the writer has overreached on this one in their desire to create a schadenfreudy story; When motivation speakers are found have been lying by reporters that poo poo gets, well, reported. By the reporter. Which is alluded to as having happened, so the story would therefore turn up on the internet. And people would hear about it because we loving LOVE hearing poo poo like that. "Motivational speaker built career around X, had book deal, was found to be lying and loses career, book deal and wife, and is also being sued" feels like a story which would at least turn up on google. Remember that one guy wrote a book and lied to oprah about it being a true story? Or that senator who condoned the capital riots and lost his book deal?

So; Has anyone heard of one that matches the broad strokes of this story happening? It literally doesnt matter what the made up truck story "really" is, because the bits the writer represents as facts would be reported.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Is it wrong for me (18f) to ask my boyfriend (20m) to explore religion for the peace of mind?

quote:

My boyfriend and I have been together for 4 years and are madly in love. He is my rock, my best friend, my everything. He’s gotten me through traumas from past abusive relationships, my dads death 2 years ago, every traumatic experience you could possibly imagine has somehow occurred in my life and he’s been here the whole way.

My family absolutely adores him and we’ve all talked about us getting married multiple times. However, last night he confessed to me that he was agnostic. He didn’t really know that he was, he thought that he could be Christian and not believe in an afterlife, which I guess you technically can? (I’m not super educated on that so I don’t want to disrespect any Christians who don’t. My apologies if I did!) But he ended up coming to the conclusion that he is agnostic due to being a very fact-based scientific person.

I am less religious and more spiritual and find facets of religions I think are beautiful and apply them to life. A lot of fake Christians make me hesitant to identify as one but I think I am? Still figuring it out. But my mother’s side of the family founded a church and Christianity is their entire life. My grandfather was a renowned bishop and passed away a couple months ago, so it has brought everyone closer to God.

I know that my family will disapprove of him the second they find out, and I’m not comfortable with him lying about his faith, or lack thereof. I know I need to stop worrying about them finding out or trying to call off our marriage as it won’t be happening for at least another 5 years, but I can’t stop.

I was wondering if it would be selfish for me to ask my boyfriend to just start exploring religion a little bit for my peace of mind? His agnosticism is not a dealbreaker because I’ve always respected and admired other religions, but his lack of faith in the afterlife does directly hurt my feelings because of what my family and I think about heaven and how it helps us heal and cope with loss. I just don’t want us to start having unnecessary conflicts over religion and I think if I knew that he had already given it a try (he wasn’t raised with a specific religion and has only been to church for my fathers funeral) I would be able to realize that it just isn’t for him and he’s going to live his life in a different way than me.

He isn’t sworn off from religion in any regard but definitely wouldn’t look into it on his own. I just don’t know what to do. Everything about my parents marriage was beautiful and based in a shared love for God. I really want my marriage to mirror theirs but the fear that it’ll never happen is eating me alive. Please help.

TL;DR My boyfriend (20m) is agnostic and I (18f) am spiritual, is it wrong for me to ask him to explore religion because it hurts my feelings that he doesn’t believe in afterlife due to how I cope with grief and loss?

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Definitely gonna do some hard research in an effort to determine if this 200 word story in AITA is real or not instead of just reading the next one.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Definitely gonna do some hard research in an effort to determine if this 200 word story in AITA is real or not instead of just reading the next one.

Kind of my point; You wouldnt need to, you'd have heard about it.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

quote:

The woman looked at me for a moment before saying with a completely straight face “why are you using my sons swing? I didn’t give you permission”. This is a public park owned by the council, I thought perhaps she was confused or something so I asked her what she meant by ‘her sons swing’, she told me that her son claimed the swings a couple of weeks ago and that she’s sick of parents not respecting her sons property so she’s banned other children from using them so I need to take 2M off the swings immediately

The brass loving balls

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Megillah Gorilla posted:

The guy said he only had a single shelf of trains (next to a photo of his dad). Anyone who has a problem with that isn't worth keeping around.

And quite frankly if Rod Stewart can have a train set that he's been working on for 20 odd years and took with him whilst gigging, anyone should be allowed to have a train set.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

SiKboy posted:

Kind of my point; You wouldnt need to, you'd have heard about it.

Eh... I'm not sure anything in there requires him to be a national celebrity or anything. He could just be a relatively successful speaker a tri-county area in rural Tennessee or something.

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

Super healthy, super cheap

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Is it wrong for me (18f) to ask my boyfriend (20m) to explore religion for the peace of mind?

*looks at the ages* *looks at how long they've been together*

I'm hoping at least a few people are telling her to at least consider taking a break and dating other people, or work on figuring out who she is outside of their relationship. Because hoo boy, is those two getting married when they've been together since they were babies starting puberty not such a great idea.

Especially when her worry is that her family will try and veto any marriage, if he's not a Good Christian Boy.

Like, it's at least not grooming or a real age gap, but it’s got the elements for an unpleasant divorce about a year out from the marriage, if they even make it to the altar.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA? Husband threw a BBQ party for his friends. I refused to help. Party was a disaster.

quote:

Disclaimer: we are all vaccinated.

So, my husband likes to invite his friends (note: HIS friends. I am not close with them) for barbecue parties. He prides himself on his BBQ skills. The thing is... I always end up doing everything! He buys and preps the meat and then grills and serves it (and collects praise for his BBQ skills). I have to buy drinks, get out enough dishes, clean up the patio/deck (non native speaker, idk which one to use). I prepare the sides and veggies, I refill the drinks and take away dishes (we don’t use paper plates or plastic cups since I find it wasteful) so as to keep the main table tidy. It’s just nonstop work for me.

He just told me last week that he invited his friends for Saturday (so yesterday). Just announced it, didn’t ask me. I said well okay, do I know anyone? Nope, those are his work mates and they won’t be bringing their spouses. My husband called it a “guys’ night”. I said okay then, guys’ night, well enjoy yourselves, I will be in my craft room working on some of my projects and drinking wine. He said he will handle it.

Spoiler alert, he did not handle it. He got the meat alright, but just ignored any other preparation and I was just so sick and tired of being taken for granted (he never -asks- me for help, I just do stuff...) so I didn’t do anything. The patio was a mess, the upholstery of the garden furniture was all messy from our dogs, the table wasn’t wiped down, there was stuff lying all around. His friends arrived, I welcomed them and then excused myself to my crafts room, put some music on and worked. Cue the messages.

He started asking for stuff, like where are the plates (we only keep a small set in the kitchen, the rest is in the basement), where are the cups, why isn’t the beer chilled, where is the non alcoholic beer - did I not buy it? Where are the sides? I just replied that he said he would handle it all himself. (EDIT: this is also where I fee I might have been the rear end in a top hat, it would have taken me just minutes to at least tell him where the stuff is)

I checked on the guys a few hours later and it was a disaster. Table all cluttered, they ordered some takeout as sides, there weren’t enough dishes and silverware, someone had to go drive for drinks.

On Sunday (today) he was all grumpy and actually told me that he is disappointed that I didn’t pull my weight and that I made our family look sloppy and bad. I told him that I am not his little housewife and that he is a big guy and if he embarrassed himself in front of his work mates, that’s all on him. And that I’m glad that he can see at least a tiny bit of work that I do around the house. He got upset and went for a run to let off some steam.

Oh and the patio is full of dishes, he didn’t even clean the grill. I’m not touching anything.

Edit/update: thank you for the comments, this made me realize I am at fault as well - for tolerating this for so long. I went out to clear my head (my husband came back from his run and is pointedly not speaking to me) and reconsider many things in our marriage.

Edit/update2: maybe a similar story was posted before, apparently more husbands are assholes. Feel free to post the link to the supposedly identical post I copied this from, go ahead.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA? Husband threw a BBQ party for his friends. I refused to help. Party was a disaster.

The disclaimer surely was needed, I thought this was a repost... but the wife of the previous rear end in a top hat husband locked herself in a long hot bath instead. Still the story is almost the same :tinfoil:

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Shellception posted:

The disclaimer surely was needed, I thought this was a repost... but the wife of the previous rear end in a top hat husband locked herself in a long hot bath instead. Still the story is almost the same :tinfoil:

Ive heard similar more then once from real people in my life.

Some dudes have their entire personality invested in wanting to be manly grill guy but have 0% cooking or food prep skills and just expect others to pick up the slack. Usually a big drama bomb about how the wife/gf "embarassed" him in front of the boys too.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Shellception posted:

I mean, there's a lot of lovely guys out there who take their wives for granted while also taking credit for their work. I think in the other one, the guy didn't even cook anything himself and the wife did literally everything while he hung out with his friends, at least in this one the husband knows how to grill stuff. Just nothing else apparently.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Shellception posted:

that story could describe 90% of married men in suburbia

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I'm not really exposed to those sorts of people in my usual life but having co-workers from diverse backgrounds sure did introduce me to some new types of dudes and relationships dynamics. I've heard that story play out in so many variations. Husband utterly takes for granted all the labour the wife does around the house and it's become totally normalized she has to do all the work for "guys night" things she isn't even invited to. Or will drop everything for unplanned "guys long weekend" trips where they go fishing or camping (without wives of course) and then will get upset when their pantry doesn't have all the camping food they want. "It's your job to keep the pantry stocked!! You should have known I go on camping trips short notice!!!". But of course she can never do anything like that because the husbands are utterly helpless home alone without their wife for even a single weekend, specially if kids are involved.

All that poo poo is so alien to me. Both the strict gender roles in household chores or even gendered hang out/social things.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
My wife occasionally tries to do the washing up and i have to tell her to stop because that's my thing. She keeps thinking she's doing me a favour but no!!! I save the washing up for watching TV on my tablet, it's my special treat

My wife's friends wonder where she found me and if there's any more

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
One time my dad washed the dishes (and by that I mean he loaded a dishwasher) and I was so surprised I took a picture and that photo hung in my parents' kitchen for years

Irukandji Syndrome
Dec 26, 2008

Hughlander posted:

It's the great-great-great-great-great-great granddaughter of Christopher Columbus, everybody! Just walk onto property and "claim" it, then get mad when other people tell you it's not actually yours.

I really, really want to know more about this. Like, I want an interview with this woman, what the actual gently caress is going on in her head. Is she enough of a lovely parent that her children walk all over her, and she takes the path of least resistance when they say absurd poo poo like "I claim these swings and I don't want anyone else using them"?

But she said it with such conviction and lack of hesitation to another adult human being, like she really, truly believes it and is genuinely annoyed other children are using THEIR swing? On public property? Does she think literally no one has claimed those swings previously, or any other part of the park she was also using? There's so many questions??? How do you have this attitude in your mid thirties?????

:psyboom:

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Cowslips Warren posted:

White People.

AITA for refusing to wear Mexican themed clothes to a rehearsal dinner?

They will so end up viral if they do this. I kinda hope they make the dudes wear sombreros too. Maybe have the women yell AI AI AI during the dinner.

A suit is also Mexican clothes, an easy out

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Not discounting the brother's assholeishness, but doesn't qualifying for disability automatically qualify you for other benefits in a lot of states?

ODSP is extremely low and much less generous than SSDI

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped

don longjohns posted:

I am not a lawyer or even good at laws, but Japan has different laws than the US. One of my former students said it is illegal there to lie to someone you want to date about something they might find distasteful. This was in a discussion of new laws to protect burakumin/untouchables and their children (the student brought it up).

Wait so there is a law that protects the burakumin? Or rather the law punishes them for not revealing this status and the discussion was to change it?

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
AITA for expecting my BF to pay more rent if he has his own office/gameroom?

quote:

Bf (37m) and I (27f) have been dating for a year and a half. We are talking about moving in together when my lease ends this June.

We have had a couple disagreements about the expectations for our new place. This is definitely the biggest.

We are talking about a 2 bedroom place and we are both trying to get work from home jobs. At first, he was talking about using the second bedroom as a office/gameroom/hobby room. Idc where my work station is set up and he has a lot of hobbies that take up room (electric guitars, light sabers building, etc) and he started talking about how he doesn't want my cats in the room (they are good, his stuff is expensive so he's overly cautious) so I told him that is fine, but we would have to split rent accordingly since I wouldn't also have my own space as well.

Well, he seemed offended by this. I told him I wouldn't have my own space and it wouldn't be unfair for him to expect me to pay for an area that me or my cats can't access anyways. So now he's saying he wants to share the room? But again he has hobbies that take up a lot of space and Idt there would be room to split it. When I pointed this out he said he would just leave a lot of his hobby stuff at his parents (where he currently lives) and said I was trying to nickel and dime him.

I think this is BS because he obviously just doesn't want to pay what is fair space wise. If we do "share" the second room, it would quickly be taken over by him since my hobbies don't take up so much space.

AITA for wanting to split rent based on how much space we get?
Hmmm.

quote:

He's never lived on his own. Had a couple roommate/gf living situations that didn't work out. I live on my own currently, this is my 3rd place without a roommate or spouse.

quote:

I have no idea why his roommate situations didn't work out.

He has 2 sons he gets visitation with, so I just kinda assumed with him working retail it would have been too expensive to get his own place that had room for them too. I've never directly asked him, but now I'm going to.

quote:

He's never paid rent to his parents. He has been staying with me 6+ months since his dad wasn't being cautious with whats going on in the world. He pays for internet here and his groceries. He will give me random cash to help with bills sometimes and also fill my gas tank.

quote:

I'm sorry but I'm not quite sure if he has just visitation or custody. He gets them every other weekend (not since the world situation tho). He lets her do most of the parenting and he's more of the fun parent. The more I look at this situation the more I see how wrong it is. I addressed in another comment that he said the kids don't need a room even though I was willing to split 50/50 if it was for his kids. I don't want kids myself, but I wanted his kids to have a space with him. He shut it down.
:cripes:

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Sisal Two-Step posted:

Hmmm.

There are so many red flags, how does she not see them as she types. I mean the dude has to have some positives about him right that she finds attractive?

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Zil posted:

There are so many red flags, how does she not see them as she types. I mean the dude has to have some positives about him right that she finds attractive?

DIPAC sure, but what are the chances you'll find another genuine light saber craftsman?

Propaniac
Nov 28, 2000

SUSHI ROULETTO!
College Slice
My husband (42m) and I (33f) have been socially distancing from one another for over a year. Now he's fully vaccinated against COVID and I'm ready to go back to normal, but he isn't.

quote:

We've been together almost 6 years, married almost 4 years. Until 2020, I felt like we were on the same page with most things, and any disagreements we did have, we were able to work through. We live in FL.

I work in a grocery store, and thus have had close contact with the general public throughout the pandemic. He has mild asthma and decided in March 2020 he was not comfortable sleeping in the same bed, hugging, kissing, or even being within 6 ft of me. So I moved to the guest room and did my best to make him feel safe. I felt really depressed, but didn't want to make him feel bad or worried. We've had very little physical contact, and that has been really hard on me. A few times when he's gotten really horny we had sex--quickly, with masks on, doggy-style, with a box fan behind us. I told him I don't want to do that anymore. I can't enjoy sex like that; I miss the romance, the kissing, the cuddling. He always said we'd go back to normal when he was fully vaccinated.

He had his second dose of COVID vaccine 2 and a half weeks ago (I've had one shot), and last week we started kissing, cuddling, lovemaking again! But yesterday when I got home from work (and showered and changed in to clean clothes) he gave me a hug but turned his face away when I tried to kiss him. I asked "can I have a kiss?" and he said "is that really necessary?" Now he wants to go back to distancing, and I feel like poo poo and have just been crying in my room since then. No more hugs, no more comfort and affection after a hard day of getting metaphorically shat on by entitled customers and lovely managers. He's worried about new variants now, and I think he's being paranoid. He thinks I'm being dramatic, but I don't know any other couple doing what we're doing.

Though he won't kiss me, he is ok with going out to eat (outdoor only) I told him that really hurts my feelings that he thinks that's an acceptable risk, but hugging and kissing me is out of the question.

How do I either:

a) convince him to stop being afraid of me or

b) not get so depressed about feeling rejected by the one person who claims to love me?

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Propaniac posted:

My husband (42m) and I (33f) have been socially distancing from one another for over a year. Now he's fully vaccinated against COVID and I'm ready to go back to normal, but he isn't.

GBS > r/relationships: quickly, with masks on, doggy-style, with a box fan behind us

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Sisal Two-Step posted:

Hmmm.

This thread is great for me because if these chodebuckets can be in a relationship it proves I'm not totally helpless

I mean yes it's toxic and bad (so was my last one) but still!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Sisal Two-Step posted:

Hmmm.

not gonna talk poo poo on retail employees because work harder then most jobs and get paid poo poo, but if this dude wants a custom gaming room/office for his guitars and lightsabers and can't afford his own place to begin with, he can gently caress right off.

as for the reason she's with him

quote:

I'm interested in Dd/lg dynamic. But honestly at this point I feel like the Dom. I feel like a lot of people look down on my kink since it involves age play (I'm NOT Abdl) so the fact he at least tries is something. I've never been in a relationship with someone who also wants a Dd/lg lifestyle. I live in the South and kink itself is controversial. If/when this relationship ends I'm going to stay single for a long while. Then only pursue a relationship with someone who also wants the same lifestyle. I feel like I'm forcing my kinks on him when I have to beg him to be Daddy.

"controversial" in the same region where grown men who are elected state officials are constantly getting busted for trying to gently caress the youngest girls they possibly can.

Propaniac posted:

this is the depressing version of the couple where the wife said she needed to self quarantine with her personal trainer and the doofus OP was like "I can't really offer a good counter argument"