Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

now that we have vaccines, india is now “other peoples problems” (o.p.p.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Wisconsin is up to 42% with at least one vaccine and 31% fully vaccinated, meaning only 11% are awaiting their second dose. We went from 419k doses administered 3 weeks ago to 348k 2 weeks ago to 286k this past week. This is... concerning.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

Wisconsin is up to 42% with at least one vaccine and 31% fully vaccinated, meaning only 11% are awaiting their second dose. We went from 419k doses administered 3 weeks ago to 348k 2 weeks ago to 286k this past week. This is... concerning.

wow didnt see this one coming

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

fosborb posted:

the pictures make for good television

yeah but they also might remind people that covid is scary

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

weird flex for america to just 'give' india back all the pharma precursors, but hey.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

smoobles posted:

*former Olympian

Watch the COVID battling olympian win the fuckin' gold.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

SKULL.GIF posted:

What? that sounds incredible, the entire state vaxxed in a month. We're talking about delaware, right?

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/besttrousers/status/1386335353787797504?s=20

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

efb

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
walking down the stairs is a good test of whether you’re feeling drunk or not

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

They'll make AZ vaccines with that

And ship the finished AZ vaccines back to the US

to replace the 30 million sitting in storage that will expire soon

Just in case

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Steve Yun posted:

From now on if you post your shot #2 symptoms, please post your age. I’m wondering if the symptoms are milder the older you are.

44 years old, 19 hours after Pfizer #2, I’m experiencing a medium strength hangover. Body is sore enough that I have to move slowly and my face feels puffy, but at least my skin isn’t on fire like my worst hangovers. I think I had it relatively easy!

From my anecdotal circle of people it seems that older people show a less severe reaction but its more like <40 get it pretty bad, 40-60 less so and >60 less still

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Every decision made by the Biden admin:
https://twitter.com/dril/status/660644922744262656?s=20

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
India already produces AZ, it is one out of the two vaccines they use.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

It's good the raw materials are being released but that's the sort of act that will take weeks to actually have an impact.

Meanwhile, tens of thousands of people are dying daily in India.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

SKULL.GIF posted:

It's good the raw materials are being released but that's the sort of act that will take weeks to actually have an impact.

To be fair, weeks is a pretty major understatement. Vaccine distribution is the kind of thing that takes several months to make any kind of dent at all, and that's if you already have the manufactured doses in hand.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Are the vaccine precursors flammable? Maybe they can use them to light their pyres?

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

SKULL.GIF posted:

Yeah, it's pretty much useless. Exponential growth is such a bitch.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/ASlavitt/status/1386370305623568387?s=20

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
There really isn't anything anyone can do to save the millions that are going to die in india, it's already baked in. Maybe if the indian military could roll up outbreak style in hazmats to lock everyone inside. Across the entire nation of 1.3 billion....

So short of that, the entire world gets to watch a slow plague wave of death ravage the country that had been building for years behind the crumbling levee of capitalism and populist demigogues.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

perfection

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Gio posted:

now that we have vaccines, india is now “other peoples problems” (o.p.p.)

yaaa you know me

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
what the gently caress biden is sending my ppe to india? I've been using the same n95 since last september. close the borders, make america great again. trump is my real president.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Asproigerosis posted:

what the gently caress biden is sending my ppe to india? I've been using the same n95 since last september. close the borders, make america great again. trump is my real president.

trump would have given us more money now to spend at any number of local eateries

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/BrotiGupta/status/1386367711526129670?s=20

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Asproigerosis posted:

just buy a half mask dude lmao

crispyseaweed
Sep 21, 2008

Check out the lib-splaining in the replies about how India doesn't need the already made AZ vaccine that America could send. Or that Biden's hands are sadly tied by the ghost of Trump.

https://twitter.com/We_Just_Did2020/status/1386379241332248576

Psychotic

crispyseaweed has issued a correction as of 19:05 on Apr 25, 2021

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

crispyseaweed posted:

Check out the lib-splaining in the replies about how India doesn't need the already made AZ vaccine that America could send. Or that Biden's hands are sadly tied by the ghost of Trump.

found a guy, check out the header and the bio

https://twitter.com/BoatMateARS

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

April 25 , 2081 - Hundreds of meters beneath the scorched pavement of a dead city that only two decades prior was stark Siberian wilderness, the remaining minds of a withered civilization ready Sputnik X, the Final Vaccine.

The light of a million Suns will grant everlasting immunity to the tortured souls who once called themselves Humanity.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Iirc weren't those AZ vaccines made in the Emergent plant?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Google Butt posted:

just buy a half mask dude lmao

one weird trick OSHA hates!

Technically has to be provided or approved by the employer, which is probably a huge pain in the rear end to get them to do. I should, but covid is over and I hardly ever see covid patients anymore.
It'd be nice if OSHA did something about employers refusing to properly adhere to the whole single use aspect of N95s, but I'm sure they set up an autofilter for any ppe violations to just delete it last march.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Both horrifying and hilarious that a solid 1/3 of America will pass on a vaccine for something that has killed 600k of them at a minimum, and probably more like 750k in reality.

This is like passing on a heart attack or cancer vaccine :hmbol:

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
but 0.001% get immune thrombocytopenia! And there are dozens of cases of breakthrough! Sure most are mild or asymptomatic, but BREAKTHROUGH.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/dogarrett/status/1386353540851974146

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

FistEnergy posted:

Both horrifying and hilarious that a solid 1/3 of America will pass on a vaccine for something that has killed 600k of them at a minimum, and probably more like 750k in reality.

This is like passing on a heart attack or cancer vaccine :hmbol:

Let me talk to you about the HPV vaccine...

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
lmao man it was great how one year ago, any talk about 500k dead or even 250k dead was doomerism and completely unrealistic

the classic poo poo

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

facetoucher cat posted:

Let me talk to you about the HPV vaccine...

yeah I'm going to get throat cancer from a venereal disease? sure ok, I'll believe THAT.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

bolsonaro’s corpse is the alien from MIB with loose skin except the alien’s COVID

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

So what's the legal precedent for testing positive and going to one of these chud rallies, declaring yourself positive in no uncertain terms, and offering to lick the face of anyone who wants to "prove" the virus is NBD?

licking might not work, you want a deep cough to get all the good stuff from your lungs

or smear your crap everyhwere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Some india stuff from when I lived there.

India has no reliable highway infrastructure. Literal armed gangs patrol the highways like something out of mad Max. They’re also not all season and wash out during the rainy season, which is different in every part of the country. I remember the highway from Hyderabad to the airport like 20 miles away had cops just driving in loops to scare off looters. So quickly moving resources around the country is going to be a nightmare.

They also don’t have a lot of refrigerated trucks. Everything that needs to be cold is done locally, or used specifically for beef exports or whatever. The most popular beer is kingfisher, it’s bottled in Chenai, and they put nitroglycerin in it to keep it from going bad during transport. You don’t even know what a hangover is until you go to an Indian chili’s and get drunk off kingfisher while watching two year old WWE reruns.

On top of that, it’s expected that anyone in the hospital has one or several family members with them at all times. For some people there’s a religious element, for most it’s just common sense because the public hospitals are so bad you need someone there to make sure no one takes your pants or whatever. I was in a private hospital and they didn’t give me a choice whether I was staying with my gf at the time or not. There weren’t visiting hours.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the families are insisting they stay with the families in the Covid wards. That’s just going to increase increase infection.

And even in, for example, the nicest private hospital in Hyderabad there just isn’t a concept of isolation or privacy. Like I remember meeting my gf in PACU (I was just allowed to walk in) and all the equipment was very nice, but the beds were literally rail to rail.

And from a health perspective india was already a disaster. A quarter of all men smoke, 15% of all women, and the obesity rate could be as high as 36%.

Luckily if any country in the world can poo poo out enough drugs to combat this it’s india. I’m just worried thr structural problems are going to be too damaging before they can spool that up.