Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are you hitting monsters with?
Bow
Charge Blade
Dual Blades
Great Sword
Gunlance
Hammer
Heavy Bowgun
Hunting Horn
Insect Glaive
Lance
Light Bowgun
Longsword
Switch Axe
Sword and Shield
View Results

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
well complaining on the internet finally worked and I got my buddy tickets

time to go prowler mode once again! this weapon goes quite well with my new protective polish 2 speed sharpen 1 charm :madmax:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Batterypowered7 posted:

Also remember to grab the Armor and Attack charms from the shop. Should be on the last page.

Also, with certain components you can upgrade those charms, then buy them again, and both the upgraded charms and the regular charms will grant their bonuses.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Batterypowered7 posted:

Also remember to grab the Armor and Attack charms from the shop. Should be on the last page.

There is a second armor and attack charm you can craft as well, it's on the last page of the craft menu. Since you can only hold one of each in your inventory you need to buy a second copy of each directly to your item box.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Aranan posted:

Reminder that there is no reason to save armor spheres. Dump them into your armor as you play. The game will shower you in more, better spheres as you progress so if you don't use them now they're basically going to be worthless later.

Lol I was told to save them so guess that's why! My friends have been wrong about everything they've told me so far lol

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

RBA Starblade posted:

Lol I was told to save them so guess that's why! My friends have been wrong about everything they've told me so far lol

Goons being the intelligent ones, as per usual. :v:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Aranan posted:

Reminder that there is no reason to save armor spheres. Dump them into your armor as you play. The game will shower you in more, better spheres as you progress so if you don't use them now they're basically going to be worthless later.

That's one really nice thing about Rise, that you get plenty of armor spheres by just playing the game. Unlike World where you had to actively farm or ration armor spheres and upgrading a single piece of gear to max took a lot resources.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Neo_Crimson posted:

That's one really nice thing about Rise, that you get plenty of armor spheres by just playing the game. Unlike World where you had to actively farm or ration armor spheres and upgrading a single piece of gear to max took a lot resources.

I don't think that was really true until like late Iceborne where capping a single piece took all your resources, though they were also inflated because of the steamworks. But yeah I'm definitely swimming in the top armor spheres currently. Monster bits and cash are much more limiting for armor, and most armor pieces not being that useful.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

TaurusOxford posted:

Goons being the intelligent ones, as per usual. :v:

Please don't spread this awful and harmful myth.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Was on the table with the 2 WEx 2 Windproof charm, so this is where I'm at for now:
https://twitter.com/Boco_T/status/1386432406408757252

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Good Citizen posted:

Also, with certain components you can upgrade those charms, then buy them again, and both the upgraded charms and the regular charms will grant their bonuses.

What seriously? So I should be holding 4 charms at all times?

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
Are there recommended quality of life mods in World nowadays? I'm thinking about trying to remember how to play.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Guilty posted:

Yes

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

PerniciousKnid posted:

Are there recommended quality of life mods in World nowadays? I'm thinking about trying to remember how to play.

Banbro isn't necessary, but it is also necessary

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Guilty posted:

For the cost of four otherwise useless slots you get a permanent passive +30 Defense and +15 Attack.
(Armorcharm is +12 Defense, Armortalon is +18 Defense, Powercharm is +6 Attack, Powertalon is +9 Attack, and the Charms and Talons stack.)

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Goddamn did not know that, thanks!

Another question, is there any suggestions for farming pawprint stamps? I've got a slap dash route through shrine ruins I put together myself, but if someone has suggestions I'm open.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Guilty posted:

Another question, is there any suggestions for farming pawprint stamps? I've got a slap dash route through shrine ruins I put together myself, but if someone has suggestions I'm open.

There's no "good" route and it's always gonna be annoying, but what I did was start Shrine ruins expedition, kill the two in the open field, then run up the tall wall to the Felyne base and kill the three up there, rummage through the pile for any rubies, then return and restart

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Hogama posted:

For the cost of four otherwise useless slots you get a permanent passive +30 Defense and +15 Attack.
(Armorcharm is +12 Defense, Armortalon is +18 Defense, Powercharm is +6 Attack, Powertalon is +9 Attack, and the Charms and Talons stack.)

Yeah, this isn't explained anywhere in game and I only noticed it like a week in. It's not huge but it has probably made the difference between carting and not for me a few times.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Guilty posted:

Honestly? Don’t farm for them. Learn where the cats are in each region then just do literally anything else and stop by the cats during your hunts.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Guilty posted:

https://twitter.com/aevanko/status/1385147364642492416?s=20

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Finally got around to trying Lance.

I hate it :negative:

Please don't troll.

But seriously, Lance is still my main, but it got kind of the short end of the stick in terms of exciting new changes, particularly given that Lance had one of the single coolest moves in the game in the Iceborne counter claw.

The default wirebug moves are whatever, with Twin Vine being perhaps the most useless one in the game. But Spiral Thrust is really good (speedrunners are doing nutty poo poo with it) and gives the weapon some of that dynamic spark that most other weapons got in Rise. Until you get Spiral Thrust, it's basically "base World Lance," which means it's the same old mobile, unkillable countering machine that trounces most content without a ton of effort, but yeah, that's a bit of a bummer when you see other weapons using wirebugs to leap into the sky and cause craters and poo poo.

Shine fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Apr 26, 2021

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
A week or two ago I was hunting with a friend in a lobby and a random joined the lobby. Their name was Helix or something like that and they wore all Diablos armor and used the Diablos HBG and their title was Diablos Gang President

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

There's no "good" route and it's always gonna be annoying, but what I did was start Shrine ruins expedition, kill the two in the open field, then run up the tall wall to the Felyne base and kill the three up there, rummage through the pile for any rubies, then return and restart

You can kill the ones at the start, teleport to the top camp, and work south. There's a pack near the gate/escuregot, and there's a wirebug there that pulls you up to the camp with the pile/other group.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Centzon Totochtin posted:

A week or two ago I was hunting with a friend in a lobby and a random joined the lobby. Their name was Helix or something like that and they wore all Diablos armor and used the Diablos HBG and their title was Diablos Gang President

Diaburosu Dan no Kaichō

E: I'm mad the second title line is so limited. I wanted something luke "Third-Rate Charge Blade Hunter", but Charge Blade isn't an option for the middle line.

Batterypowered7 fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Apr 26, 2021

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

My title is Me = Third-Rate

My brother has it as Destiny To On Sale Now

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Lol

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWbz_1n72tU

Put Bazel in you cowards.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Silver Falcon posted:

Wait do you only get Kamura tickets from doing single player quests? Hub quests don't count?!

I thought so, but I got some from doing HR rampages.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

PoptartsNinja posted:

Banbro isn't necessary, but it is also necessary

I guess this is a mod that bans longswords from your parties?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Shine posted:

Please don't troll.

But seriously, Lance is still my main, but it got kind of the short end of the stick in terms of exciting new changes, particularly given that Lance had one of the single coolest moves in the game in the Iceborne counter claw.

The default wirebug moves are whatever, with Twin Vine being perhaps the most useless one in the game. But Spiral Thrust is really good (speedrunners are doing nutty poo poo with it) and gives the weapon some of that dynamic spark that most other weapons got in Rise. Until you get Spiral Thrust, it's basically "base World Lance," which means it's the same old mobile, unkillable countering machine that trounces most content without a ton of effort, but yeah, that's a bit of a bummer when you see other weapons using wirebugs to leap into the sky and cause craters and poo poo.

I hate instablock and the current gear does not even try to make it work with guard. The timing on Insta is too punishing and we already had counter parry so why remake the wheel? Spiral thrust was fun (took a bit to get the hand of) but otherwise Lance feels not as fun as it was in Iceborne.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

So I've got a Luna Eostre set put together in Iceborne. Is the Lightbreak Charge Blade worth building around as well?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Was that raging Brachy? Because all the raging Brachy weapons (and armor) are good, I think.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

PerniciousKnid posted:

I guess this is a mod that bans longswords from your parties?

Not exactly?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The only way to play Iceborne.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I hate instablock and the current gear does not even try to make it work with guard. The timing on Insta is too punishing and we already had counter parry so why remake the wheel? Spiral thrust was fun (took a bit to get the hand of) but otherwise Lance feels not as fun as it was in Iceborne.

I have lovely elder millennial reflexes and can't do poo poo with Instablock; I feel you. Speedrunners seem to like the shield dash switch skill, but I'm too accustomed to good old charging, and also I am lazy and hate change.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Put banbaro in. Too good a monster to languish in iceborne as a speedbump.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Shine posted:

I have lovely elder millennial reflexes and can't do poo poo with Instablock; I feel you. Speedrunners seem to like the shield dash switch skill, but I'm too accustomed to good old charging, and also I am lazy and hate change.

Shield charge was great I’m GU and I liked it well enough here. I’ll just have to put together a proper guard set and avoid all the current “meta” stuff which is all insta/offensive guard then work on getting the hang of the new glow.

Twin vine sucks, tho.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
They need to add Seltas back. I loved their armor.

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

IG rules. The slow rear end bug, however, does not.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Tonight I attempted to get a decent kill time on Nargacuga with my thunder hammer build I haven't refined yet. Best time I got was just over 8 minutes. I did learn two things though:

Nargacuga is immune to pitfall traps.
There is an input delay on your LR+X switch skill that isn't there on LR+A. So many times I tried to split second dash breaker and instead it made me do a regular hammer swing.

Edit: To clarify that was 8 minutes while having to heal from getting my rear end kicked. I am incredibly bad at figuring out what a monster will do and get thrown around/have to heal a lot.

Bumper Stickup fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Apr 26, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Bumper Stickup posted:

Nargacuga is immune to pitfall traps.

Only when enraged, IIRC.