Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Exiles pro tip: Pick up a pair of jewels with immunity to corrupted blood and Hinder

The latter let's you ignore two modifiers in ultimatums

Remind me never go league start new skills again

My builds defensive layers are online and I'm doing ultis in red maps but oof, scaling the damage is loving expensive and often unintuitive. I'm struggling to hit 500k sirus, much less the 2-5m I'd prefer to have for comfy endgame (though those numbers may be dated, what is this maven + sirus influence bs, shits tanky :v:)

If I keep playing I'm probably jumping ship to another build unless a few key upgrades get me some massive gains soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

DonTheCrown did a video on low life uniques to look out for and i'm a hoarder so i had some of them: Springleaf to start then Daresso's Courage & Lori's Pattern plus a Belt of the Deceiver that i like to use.

Add in rare drops with craft bench mods got me up and running.

5 link rare chest piece; Divine Ire 5.2k, CWC, FC, CD & Exsanguinate 3.6k

I'm a pretty lovely altaholic player, so when i get something that works nicely for me i'm quite happy. :)

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

DisgracelandUSA posted:

flame dash is the enemy and so are closed, indoor maps. Wide open expanses forever. Working towards A6 sirus later today :sun:

The concept of Smoke Mines appeal to me. The execution, however...

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

victrix posted:

Exiles pro tip: Pick up a pair of jewels with immunity to corrupted blood and Hinder

The latter let's you ignore two modifiers in ultimatums

My builds defensive layers are online and I'm doing ultis in red maps but oof, scaling the damage is loving expensive and often unintuitive. I'm struggling to hit 500k sirus, much less the 2-5m I'd prefer to have for comfy endgame (though those numbers may be dated, what is this maven + sirus influence bs, shits tanky :v:)

If I keep playing I'm probably jumping ship to another build unless a few key upgrades get me some massive gains soon

I respec'd my Atziri's Rule elementalist into Mathil's elementalist exsanguinate build, and although I didn't league start with it, it would make a great league starter (it will probably be my league starter next time pending some crazy balance tweaks to other skills or an over the top new skill).

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Kehveli posted:

This was going to be the league I finally touch heist. I now have a bunch of level 1-3 guys and a bunch of contracts I will never do. It just feels like such a chore.

I'm getting that chore feeling from most of the endgame this league.

Progressing the Atlas even to 20 was a chore - and my 21-23 was like 7 -7 - 9 maps. I really just did the last few because I wanted a betrayal craft, had some missions stocked up, so was just unveiling until I found what I needed (nothing special, just lightning + chaos res).

Since I was burnt out on that, I decided, gently caress it, I'll give Heist a go. I didn't play Heist league, and I only ran a few contracts last league for s&gs.

I...didn't hate it? At least not the core bit. It was more chill, lots of currency, and I want to say less bullshit loot to ignore, but I'm on Balor's very strict filters anyways at this point. I figured out grant heists too, made like 60c off that one "alt qual any gem" thing.

That said, yeah, there's definitely chores in it. Leveling up rogues is annoying busy work, even with it being fast, because it's freaking what, 3-4 skills per rogue, and there's 9 of them? As usual, GGG overdesigned something. They should have removed all that like they removed the whole seed and farm planting from Harvest. Your rogues should just be ready to go.

Also, I didn't even go to the rogue harbor before last night, so I have zero of the quests. Yet I unlocked all the people by the time I was done last night. What the hell is the point of those quests? I know I'll find them now.

All in all, I think it's a nice change of pace, similar to Delve. Like Delve, they both have annoying "well do these chores before you can engage with it at the level that's interesting" (Delve being having to dig down far to get to even your level of mobs), and that can be off putting - do mostly unrewarding content for a few hours to get to where you should be. Also like Delve, Heist isn't self-sustaining, and both push you back to maps at some point to restock on supplies to continue on.

I'm just feeling the grind this league in all the endgame systems. Maybe I should have taken this league off. Although this league is like 90% nerf league. Most of the reworked rewards were just nerfs (some small, some huge), with like what, two really good changes (Alva temples, Lab enchant choices, but gently caress running lab more than 4 times).

Also exalts are up to 160c now. hosed economy league is hosed. Chaos is easy to get, but I think a lot of it is the lovely Zana mods too. That's usually a good chaos eater.

xZAOx fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Apr 26, 2021

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
The zana mods are great though? You might just be used to delirium at 16c, which was an insane outlier

Cheap chaos is great.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

victrix posted:

You think it would work but a lot of people want to be the next Ziz or something and think that something like Hexblast is good or something?

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
Speaking of the Atlas, I haven't played since Legion and am doing a CI Vortex build this league. I want the "socketed spells trigger when you use a skill" craft but it's my understanding that I can only get that from Jun on tier 8 and above.

Does someone have a guide for how best to rush Atlas to get to at least tier 8? I got my first watch stone and saw that maps in that sector are now tier 8 but I have no clue how they'd drop.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

f#a# posted:

Speaking of the Atlas, I haven't played since Legion and am doing a CI Vortex build this league. I want the "socketed spells trigger when you use a skill" craft but it's my understanding that I can only get that from Jun on tier 8 and above.

Does someone have a guide for how best to rush Atlas to get to at least tier 8? I got my first watch stone and saw that maps in that sector are now tier 8 but I have no clue how they'd drop.

Er, no, that's not how you get it at all. You unveil enough weapons that are ilevel 60 or higher until you've unveiled it twice. Jun missions drop a lot of veiled stuff since that was her gimmick, but in theory you can get it without ever doing a Jun mission.

Easier way to get it is to ask in 5555 or guild chat for someone to put it on what you want.

Ornedan
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Crumb

EVIL Gibson posted:

You think it would work but a lot of people want to be the next Ziz or something and think that something like Hexblast is good or something?

Hexblast was good, though? At least the ignite version was (and has only been buffed since).

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

f#a# posted:

Arrhythmia answered you, but if you're still just wondering about progressing the atlas, here's a really good guide on it. https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/hbmims/guide_stepbystep_visual_guide_on_atlas/

The only alteration I might suggest is spending a little time at least rushing some lower tier maps along the way to get your completion bonus up (like maybe when you break into yellows, check all your white maps, when you break into reds, check all your yellows). And if at any point you run out of your desired maps of course.

And of course all the general mapping tips, here's a good video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qtz2t1Q7JGE

TLDR: chisel, alchs, binding, sac frags, zana missions, zana's inventory, harbinger orb, horizon orb, and when desperate - 3 to 1 vendor recipe. White maps run at least blue quality (alts), yellow maps run at least rare, red maps I usually start checking atlas completion and seeing if I need to also corrupt. Chisels are sparser this league for me, so I wouldn't recommend using them until reds, but YMMW. If you're getting low on maps and about to run out in your current area, might want to up the juice ahead of that. RNG is streaky though, lots of people have done it all "correctly" and had bad RNG streaks and had to either buy maps or work back up again.

Cretin90
Apr 10, 2006

Cretin90 posted:

Hey folks,

I am currently running Navandis' soulwrest phantasm necro. One of his recommended high tier uniques for the animated guardian is Kingmaker, which provides fortify and culling strike to nearby allies. Since the build recommends running summon ice golem/feeding frenzy/snipers mark/culling strike (its a hodgepodge of skills that is limited by the required colors of triad grip, even the sole blue slot is a nod to the necessity of feeding frenzy otherwise it would be all 4 green), that leaves me with a free green socket in my gloves. What would be the best bang for the buck?

I am considering Vaal Impurity of Ice to activate at every rare/boss fight, or Vaal Grace to activate for 35%+ dodge for every rare/boss fight. Impurity of ice means nearby enemies have their cold resistance ignored by Hits, which the phantasms should benefit from... but I'm not sure that even matters since my EE should drop their cold resist by 50%- I'm just assuming most monsters in maps have 40-60% cold resist, so "ignore cold resist" after -50% cold resist either does little or nothing. On the other hand, the 35% dodge on vaal grace seems pretty drat sweet. Any thoughts, either on these or a better green skill gem to be using?

Just wanted to follow up on this - with help from a goon, concluded that the -65% cold resist from EE+frost bomb means impurity of ice is actually REDUCING my damage in most cases as I am ignoring negative cold resist. On the other hand, Vaal grace benefits from my numerous “effect of your non-curse aura” mods and gives me a whopping 48% additional dodge, so I guess I will be using that.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Welp my friends got me into the game and I just started playing for the first time this league. I just finished the story. I'm having a blast with Enki's Arc witch build. How long until I start being mad about things and posting rants here? :ohdear: Real talk if someone new is lurking and is reading this, taking the plunge with a well-written guide and having people clarify the myriad of mechanics goes such a long way sheesh.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Cretin90 posted:

Just wanted to follow up on this - with help from a goon, concluded that the -65% cold resist from EE+frost bomb means impurity of ice is actually REDUCING my damage in most cases as I am ignoring negative cold resist. On the other hand, Vaal grace benefits from my numerous “effect of your non-curse aura” mods and gives me a whopping 48% additional dodge, so I guess I will be using that.

Yeah, always slot in Vaal Haste, Vaal Grace, and Vaal Discipline if you can spare the slots. They're all really powerful and you can use them without needing the non-vaal auras reserved. Grace will help you survive big hits in an Ultimatum, and Discipline will help you tank a DOT if you can't otherwise move/flask to stop it.

If you can consistently keep enemies at negative resists (Elemental Equilibrium will take Sirus to 0% and curses/exposure will take him negative), then you can put the 1c helmet Eye of Malice on an Animate Guardian, which will multiply negative resists on nearby enemies (short range, like 15 units) by 1.5x. If you can get the enemy to -65% then the AG will change them to -97.5% which acts as a 32.5% More multiplier. Just know if you're on a map where enemies have a huge resist bonus and they stay in the positives against you, the Eye of Malice will work backwards and give nearby enemies more resists. If you can run something like Frostbite/Elemental Weakness on hit in addition to the EE they should definitely stay in the negative.

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Apr 26, 2021

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Xtanstic posted:

Welp my friends got me into the game and I just started playing for the first time this league. I just finished the story. I'm having a blast with Enki's Arc witch build. How long until I start being mad about things and posting rants here? :ohdear: Real talk if someone new is lurking and is reading this, taking the plunge with a well-written guide and having people clarify the myriad of mechanics goes such a long way sheesh.

Welcome, exile

Cretin90
Apr 10, 2006

Zero VGS posted:

Yeah, always slot in Vaal Haste, Vaal Grace, and Vaal Discipline if you can spare the slots. They're all really powerful and you can use them without needing the non-vaal auras reserved. Grace will help you survive big hits in an Ultimatum, and Discipline will help you tank a DOT if you can't otherwise move/flask to stop it.

If you can consistently keep enemies at negative resists (Elemental Equilibrium will take Sirus to 0% and curses/exposure will take him negative), then you can put the 1c helmet Eye of Malice on an Animate Guardian, which will multiply negative resists on nearby enemies (short range, like 15 units) by 1.5x. If you can get the enemy to -65% then the AG will change them to -97.5% which acts as a 32.5% More multiplier. Just know if you're on a map where enemies have a huge resist bonus and they stay in the positives against you, the Eye of Malice will work backwards and give nearby enemies more resists. If you can run something like Frostbite/Elemental Weakness on hit in addition to the EE they should definitely stay in the negative.

My EE is imposed via cyclone (fire damage), frost bomb (cold exposure) and should be basically continuously up on anything near me, so eye of malice seems like a solid idea. Unfortunately the only gem where I have any wiggle room at all is a locked green socket (triad grip) so I’m using temporal chains, otherwise I’d love to run frostbite.

E: actually I may be able to wiggle into an unset ring with frostbite...

EE: bought a ring with 32% frostbite on hit, which will work well with my cyclone and an eye of malice.

Cretin90 fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Apr 26, 2021

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Xtanstic posted:

You'll be fine that's a great build and i've heard its really fun. Mad people are usually people with 10k hours talking about why did they change the drop rate of a unique I already never saw so i'll never see it.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

is only a game

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

xZAOx posted:

Also exalts are up to 160c now. hosed economy league is hosed. Chaos is easy to get, but I think a lot of it is the lovely Zana mods too. That's usually a good chaos eater.

Yeah I had a great day (for me) yesterday and went from 100c in the bank to 750c. Then before I signed off I realized that's only 5ex at the moment.

A 6l Carcass Jack is 6ex. So I said gently caress that and bought a perfect ele pen Shroud of the Lightless for 1ex instead and it boosted my damage just as much and gave me more life.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I am rocking a blast from the past, belly of the beast

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I take back all of my previous slander of the good people at the Doryani Institute

search engine
Jun 16, 2020

There is a bit more of a grind feel this league. Maven + conqueror progression requires a decent amount of management, and with neither being new or significantly different from the previous league it's a lot to re-do. I'm still enjoying the league but I do wonder if it's going to start feeling like more of a burden in future leagues.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

search engine posted:

There is a bit more of a grind feel this league. Maven + conqueror progression requires a decent amount of management, and with neither being new or significantly different from the previous league it's a lot to re-do. I'm still enjoying the league but I do wonder if it's going to start feeling like more of a burden in future leagues.

TBH for the first time ever I've thought of playing in standard just to not have to do all the goddamn setup everywhere again (delve deep, Jun unveils, watchstones, maven points, rogues).

At least if all I'm wanting to do is try out some other builds that is.

I don't know that I will, but the fact that I even kind of considered it is weird.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ornedan posted:

Hexblast was good, though? At least the ignite version was (and has only been buffed since).

When it originally came out though?

You say ignite version was good but not as easy as any of the other ignite builds.

Hell there's a summoning ignite build that works.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

hawowanlawow posted:

I am rocking a blast from the past, belly of the beast

A lot of people don't know that it's the best budget Animate Guardian option. 40% increased life for them is like an extra 10k+

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Xtanstic posted:

The west way to play the game is to have fun imho.

e:

*best

euphronius fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Apr 26, 2021

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

euphronius posted:

This.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

euphronius posted:

What about the east way?

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

whypick1 posted:

What about the east way?

full on whale on those mtx

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

xZAOx posted:

TBH for the first time ever I've thought of playing in standard just to not have to do all the goddamn setup everywhere again (delve deep, Jun unveils, watchstones, maven points, rogues).

At least if all I'm wanting to do is try out some other builds that is.

I don't know that I will, but the fact that I even kind of considered it is weird.

Yeah, I totally understand that feeling; I'm a little tempted to do Standard myself, but then I'd have to deal with merging all those stash tabs from previous leagues.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

DaveWoo posted:

Yeah, I totally understand that feeling; I'm a little tempted to do Standard myself, but then I'd have to deal with merging all those stash tabs from previous leagues.

Or just hide them :)

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

My bad, I've been having a good time with it so far following the block spec version but I'm like just barely in maps

Im in red maps using the shield/block version and its holding up super well. Would kill for a glorious vanity to really push it over the top though

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

DaveWoo posted:

Not that bad now, hide them and find your major tabs to make sure affinities are on and auto navigate is off, then show tabs when needed to raid materials for those tabs which you can now just mindlessly auto sort into your standard stash

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

search engine posted:

This seems to be a growing consensus, but I feel differently. I like that there is continued steady progression while mapping beyond currency and the occasional character improvements. The only core big grind is a8. You don't need region passives until you want to do that content in that region, treating them as something you have to unlock all of before you're in the endgame is a mistake imo. I still got most of them done naturally while doing the watchstones, and that along with a couple of the endgame invitations set me up for Maven. I haven't done The Hidden or The Feared yet, but I'm not too fussed about it. Those will come later with a build set up for them if I want to. This is the best unveiling has ever been, it's a lot easier with the weightings change and improved speed, and Betrayal is fantastic this league so I want to run lots of Jun anyway.

I haven't delved particularly deep nor have I felt a need to, I haven't invested anything into it just run the Sulphite I've gotten while mapping. I've focused only on a few of the Heist companions that I needed for some gems blueprints, it's probably the grind that feels the worst but I don't care that much about it.

I think it probably comes down to motivation - I'm not focused on completion, so I'd rather have more content that I'd like to do than time to do it. As long as I'm having fun playing the game I'm happy. Progression goals help with that, but I set them at the next step not the last one.

This is Hangover League as they reset things so they can give us more power and juice in the future without everything from monsters to the servers exploding instantly. I've had fun so far but I'll probably stop playing POE as much and focus on other things pretty soon. Unless I get sucked into the vaal skill puzzle with the new uniques.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
God I hope so. I've barely made it to A6 last night. Combination of godawful starter and the games performance just being rear end. It crashed 3 or 4 times in ultimatums and I just called it a day there lol.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Best rando double-corrupt drop I've ever seen

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

God I hope so. I've barely made it to A6 last night. Combination of godawful starter and the games performance just being rear end. It crashed 3 or 4 times in ultimatums and I just called it a day there lol.

Have you tried the --waitforpreload thing?

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

Have you tried the --waitforpreload thing?

I'm doing the --waitforpreload thing and just crashed in a T16 ultimatum... 3 minutes ago

edit: and my instance deleted, but I didn't die so that's a plus..

I guess there's also a ram garbage collection flag but I don't understand how it works exactly

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Apr 26, 2021

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Best rando double-corrupt drop I've ever seen

Chaos res feels better than life this league

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
If I play this again before poe2 is probably going to be in standard ssf. I don't have enough time to restart the grinds every 3 months. Been playing Last Epoch and been reminded how good it feels when you have a bunch of cool items drop and realise you could make a fun build out of them on a new char. As opposed to never even looking at items that drop other than big ticket stuff you can sell to get your next upgrade. This game is completely designed around trading for items, not having items drop from monsters that you can use at all, yet Chris seems to think it's the latter type of game. It's weird. Like they're both valid design philosophies, but you need to realise which one you've actually designed.