Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
The weirdness to me comes from virtue signaling IA who looks like scum trying to defend confirmed town for brownie points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Lol but I'm not trying to defend them, I don't necessarily trust them. Bifnus is essentially a nonentity regarding my suspicion of sandwolf.

My suspicion of sandwolf is based entirely on them leaning on flavor as a credible source of information.

Then further offers up specific role suspicion about a flavor bounty hunter of some sort, or at least accuses me of insinuating such a thing is bizarre and comes out of nowhere.

Sandwolf could have pressured anyone in that weird way and I'd still have found it strange for them to provoke another player on flavor.

I'm suspicious of sandwolf's behavior regarding flavor.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Alright why are you suspicious of my use of flavor? what about that makes me scum?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

like you don’t call me scum once in there lol

.random
May 7, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

b-minus1 posted:

I’m slightly annoyed that my two strongest scum reads, GGN and mr f, haven’t posted at all. I also slightly suspicious of somber and voodoo, neither have really made much of an effort to scumhunt

How do you have scumreads on people you yourself admit haven’t posted at all?

So Toal put GGN into the town column off of literally the same (lack of?) posts. I still get funny feelings off of that Toal post but people are saying that’s Toal being Toal, so I am trying not to tunnel on it.

Sandwolf has felt townie to me thus far - the flavor question seemed innocuous enough to me. The “flavor bounty hunter” business sounded just like “I’m not some kind of <insert outlandish thing here>” rather than a subtle unintentional tip of the hand.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

In fairness, .random, GGN *does* have posts, I’m more talking about how binus has a read on Mr. F and GGN when binus, himself, is saying GGN has no posts.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Also, random, some context, we had a small period recently (last year?) where we saw flavor bounty hunters pop up a lot, I was just inserting a role there that would have a true vested interest in ascertaining flavor.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Sandwolf posted:

like you don’t call me scum once in there lol

Lol my vote does that for me, but if you need it spelled out...

It's day one and your performative reactions surrounding flavor as a component of this game make me believe you are scum.

This feeling is further emboldened by your tenure as a player in this fine community.

.random
May 7, 2007

This game :argh:

(And GGN has posts but in fairness they are not..um... super relevant imo? I guess you can still get a hint of town or scum off it though.)

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
But my own meta usually does dictate that when I believe you're scum for what I perceive as strange behaviour in thread, that you aren't actually scum.

Still it's day 1 and you basically freaked out over the tiniest of my poo poo posting suspicion.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Idle Amalgam posted:

But my own meta usually does dictate that when I believe you're scum for what I perceive as strange behaviour in thread, that you aren't actually scum.

Still it's day 1 and you basically freaked out over the tiniest of my poo poo posting suspicion.

“Freaked out”? I’m just trying to figure out if your suspicion on me is legitimate or you’re scum looking for a place to hang your hat.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Hmm... that's fair.

In any case, I'm not scum thankfully and unfortunately.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
IA and random, what do you think of DGK?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

DGK2000 posted:

That just sounds like Merk. I mean, I'm usually calling merk scum all the time but I'm working on reading him better. I mean, he did quit for a while. If he starts being weird again then yes I'll be looking at him under a microscope.

Waffle language.
Awkward phrasing.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

DGK2000 posted:

I have a much stronger feelin about Toalp being scum than I do merk right now. But I understand what you're saying here. I've got to get ready to head to a friends house for the first time in over a year, I'll check in periodically before I head out.

and this leaving the door open to voting me today stands out.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Good morning.

Time to read all of those weekend posts.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Idle Amalgam posted:

I'd wager it is more likely they are town than scum, but if I had an investigative PR of some sort I'd likely test their claim.

Why? Most cop roles don’t find third parties, and if they are confirmed town scum have a huge motive to get rid of them.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

.random posted:

Starts with the IA joke vote:

Fails to include IA in the all-players post.

When called out for the miss, IA is totally scum I guess?

This all just reads like an unintentional blind spot to me.

Combined with being a bit too sure that bif/b- are for sure confirmed town - without like even a touch of skepticism that something else could be going on? - I dunno...

##vote Toalpaz

##vote random

I almost voted you after your earlier post trying to play explainer in the merk/bif slap, and

Wait ferry is docking I’ll catch up on this.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Really don’t like IA’s push on Sandwolf, feels fake to me.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Voodoofly posted:

Why? Most cop roles don’t find third parties, and if they are confirmed town scum have a huge motive to get rid of them.

Other investigative like track/watch

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Voodoofly posted:

##vote random

I almost voted you after your earlier post trying to play explainer in the merk/bif slap, and

On the other hand, I remember thinking this case against IA felt very manufactured from random so not sure where that leaves me

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

OA whatcha think about DGK, the Bif/Binus stuff, and me

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

ObamaAkbar. posted:

On the other hand, I remember thinking this case against IA felt very manufactured from random so not sure where that leaves me

Random cased toal.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Idle Amalgam posted:

Other investigative like track/watch

I mean yes but I read your post as trying to investigate them.

I’d also say a game with two mason groups is probably going to have some strange things going on, before taking grand as mod into account.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
I’m not gonna say I forgot I was in a game of mafia, but I will say it’s been a while since I’ve played.

Re: whoever posted “wow weird genericgirlname thinks there’s a mason maker person”

I’m surprised my reputation didn’t preceded me on this one, and I didn’t think much of that post. I love (unconfirmed) masons literally for exactly what I said (posting cat pics) and I just figured if there’s the claim of multiple masons, surely one of them has the ability to add more people. Let me in!!!!

I’ve been in a lot of masons.

I will make sure to post more but also my Work Day Is Happening

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Oh thank god deadline is tomorrow. I’m not as much of a gently caress up as I thought.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Voodoofly posted:

I mean yes but I read your post as trying to investigate them.

I’d also say a game with two mason groups is probably going to have some strange things going on, before taking grand as mod into account.

This ultimately means nothing though seeing as it is entirely speculative.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Idle Amalgam posted:

Random cased toal.

Oh not sure why I thought it was against you, although the case is still implying you are toal’s scumbro so my point still stands

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Idle Amalgam posted:

This ultimately means nothing though seeing as it is entirely speculative.

yep probably

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Voodoofly posted:

##vote random

Continuing from this:

basically I don't think a scum player would say "I'm going to list everyone in the game, but leave my scum buddy off, and that will help keep suspicion off them", and I really don't see basing a case on toalp around the idea that toalp purposefully tried to keep IA off that list as some master plan.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

If Bif and Binus are confirmed town masons then I would bet there’s at least one scum in the specifically not confirmed masonry. But I’m not quite willing to pursue this D1 I don’t think. Let the masons suss it out first a bit

This feels very, very half in half out.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

b-minus1 posted:

I’m slightly annoyed that my two strongest scum reads, GGN and mr f, haven’t posted at all. I also slightly suspicious of somber and voodoo, neither have really made much of an effort to scumhunt

I take offense to the term "much" there in regard to me.

I didn't make any effort before this morning.

Also Mr. F hasn't been super active in mason group but sounded like it was just weekend stuff (and possibly time zone differences)

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

merk posted:

This exchange does not feel like the town DGK I know of old when seeing a vote made against him.

Do you know anyone who posts today they same way they posted "of old"?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

I'd probably be ok with this.

I think random's vote on toalp is worse though.

.random
May 7, 2007

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Oh not sure why I thought it was against you, although the case is still implying you are toal’s scumbro so my point still stands

Fwiw, there is some soft implication in my case but it’s not based on IA, it’s based on Toal. I don’t have a strong opinion on IA yet, but if Toal were to flip scum, I would suspect IA as their scum buddy.

RE: DGK, I obviously agree with him on Toalpaz and was planning on writing “town,” aside from the unfortunate “if he starts acting weird again...” line (apologies, on phone so I hope everyone is ok with me not direct linking - merk quoted it a few posts above).

Merk also called out:

merk posted:

and this leaving the door open to voting me today stands out.

Which I had missed on my read and I like a lot.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Voodoofly posted:

Do you know anyone who posts today they same way they posted "of old"?

"Of old" means the last time I played with DGK like three months ago.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Voodoofly, what do you think of DGK?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

yeah caught up thoughts:

1. People should vote random
2. I don't think DGK's vote on toalp is nearly as bad as random. I don't know if I really think it's bad at all, and I don't put a lot of faith in phrasing - some people speak strangely in posts (I know I do).
3. I think Sand's post about the unconfirmed masons and the stepping up then walking back the flavor stuff is pretty wishy washy. It's a decent vote, not nearly as good as random though.
4. I have very little thoughts on my mason pals. I don't want to vote either right now but I can't fault people for wanting to focus on us.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
END OF GAME PREDICTION - DO NOT READ UNTIL END OF GAME

Voodoofly and DGK are scum together. Voodoofly catching up and ignoring votes on DGK is telling beyond a very light meta defense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

.random
May 7, 2007

Voodoofly posted:

Continuing from this:

basically I don't think a scum player would say "I'm going to list everyone in the game, but leave my scum buddy off, and that will help keep suspicion off them", and I really don't see basing a case on toalp around the idea that toalp purposefully tried to keep IA off that list as some master plan.

That was kind of my point. They wouldn’t do it intentionally, but subconsciously. It’s something that has happened to me when I’m scum and I sort of unintentionally avoid mentioning my fellow scum, either because I’m so used to chatting with them out of band or because I am failing to “consider them” as scum or not because I know what they are.