Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

you can't ride cats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Ratjaculation posted:

Weird way to say you're too poor for that 5p 99

I dunno, I don't do the shopping, a member of the houses staff does. They'll be reprimanded obviously

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

lmbo

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee
nyahhh it's a cat c, see?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Gary Oldman once played a dwarf in a movie called Tiptoes. Peter Dinklage played his brother. They made him fake legs and he put his knees in shoes a lot.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

The lad in lord of the rings want a real dwarf either but it was back when you could get away with this sort of thing. McKellen isn't a wizard either.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Did you just carry on the whole exchange as if talking to a child? Like that's just how you talk to everyone? That would have of been my solution

I pretended it didn't happen and tried to act super formal which was probably really awkward. Oh well.

If it helps it's not as bad as the time I got really dour having to walk up like 12 flights of stairs because someone's lift was broken, and after thinking up some slightly bitchy remarks, it turned out she was in a wheelchair and was ordering because she was stuck upstairs.

She'd tipped me too

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Also is dour a word?? I think it's a word but I'm not sure

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

yeah, best said in scottish

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

I've decided since I'm skint, bored and podge to not wait until work is rolling fully again to get a bike and am out to get a cheap secondhand bike to do up

Who knows their stuff?

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

Find a backalley crackhead and ask for a bike. Give them a tenner, win win.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Ratjaculation posted:

I've decided since I'm skint, bored and podge to not wait until work is rolling fully again to get a bike and am out to get a cheap secondhand bike to do up

Who knows their stuff?

At the moment all the bike parts are stuck on the ever given along with all the sexarses.

Best bet at the moment is eBay and be prepared to pay a premium, most people are grabbing whatever Halfords manage to get in stock.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Do you have any local second hand bike shops? https://recyke.bike are really good in the Newcastle area

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

learnincurve posted:

At the moment all the bike parts are stuck on the ever given along with all the sexarses.

Best bet at the moment is eBay and be prepared to pay a premium, most people are grabbing whatever Halfords manage to get in stock.

You just had to remind me of my lack of :sexarse: :(

(thanks for the info)

Party Boat posted:

Do you have any local second hand bike shops? https://recyke.bike are really good in the Newcastle area

I'm a bit annoyed at myself for not swinging over to BikeSpace whilst down south http://bikespace.org.uk

It's a great project and the secondhand bikes are done up great

But yeah nothing here Google says :(

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

a hi-viz vest and a pair of bolt cutters (or an angle grinder if you're feeling fancy) will liberate you all the bike parts you'll ever need. obviously don't nick a bike that's recently used but there's always plenty of old frames without wheels etc left locked to things around town centres that are clearly abandoned

Barry White
Jun 28, 2008

Luke Skywalker kills Han Solo's son at the climax of Episode VII

Ratjaculation posted:

Aldi is weird like that

The 28p chopped toms don't have a ring pull

but the 33p ones next to them do

Weird way to say you're too poor for that 5p 99

He probably uses that 5p for his Kwik Save baked beans.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I'm pretty sure tinned tomatoes are the sort of commodity where all of them come from the same processing plant, just some get cheap labels and sell for 20p and others get posh labels and cost a quid.

I can't remember ever thinking: "wow, these premium tinned tomatoes taste so much better than the Value Basics brand."

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Yeah. Beans have an obvious bean/sauce ratio difference in the basic ones. Still perfectly fine imo. I've never found cheap chopped toms to be the same.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

5th Place

Asda Peeled Plum Tomatoes

Cost: £0.35

Notes: This tin was super acidic and we really didn’t enjoy the after taste. It was not sweet enough and overall, it lacked the rich tomato flavour we were looking for. One plus side to this tin was that the saltiness was just right.

4th Place

Tesco Peeled Plum Tomatoes

Notes: Sweeter than we were expecting but it did not deliver on the rich tomato flavour front. It also lacked the required saltiness and we would recommend adding an additional ¼ tsp of salt if you are going to use this tin.

3rd Place

Sainburys Taste the Difference tomatoes

Cost £0.35

Notes: Quite good when compared to the previous two! It delivered a well-balanced affair of saltiness & sweetness with a subtle flavour of tomato in the background. Ideally, this tomato flavour would be in the foreground, but I suppose you can’t have everything for £0.35p can you?!

2nd Place

Napolina Peeled Plum Tomatoes

Cost £1

Notes: Despite being more expensive than the previous entries on the list, the Napolina did not disappoint on the taste front. The strong balance of saltiness & sweetness provided a great tasting blend and the low acidity did not leave a nasty lingering aftertaste.

1st Place

Cirio Peeled Plum Tomatoes

Cost £1

Notes: Truly the best tin of tomatoes on our list. It gets everything right in terms of saltiness, sweetness, acidity & tomatoness! If you are looking to impress the next time you make a tomato-based dish, then a tin of Cirio is for you!

Winner: Cirio Peeled Plum Tomatoes

Budget Winner: Sainsbury’s Peeled Plum Tomatoes

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

NotJustANumber99 posted:

5th Place

Notes: This tin was super acidic and we really didn’t enjoy the after taste. It was not sweet enough and overall, it lacked the rich tomato flavour we were looking for. One plus side to this tin was that the saltiness was just right.

4th Place

Notes: Sweeter than we were expecting but it did not deliver on the rich tomato flavour front. It also lacked the required saltiness and we would recommend adding an additional ¼ tsp of salt if you are going to use this tin.

3rd Place

Cost £0.35

Notes: Quite good when compared to the previous two! It delivered a well-balanced affair of saltiness & sweetness with a subtle flavour of tomato in the background. Ideally, this tomato flavour would be in the foreground, but I suppose you can’t have everything for £0.35p can you?!

2nd Place

Cost £1

Notes: Despite being more expensive than the previous entries on the list, the Napolina did not disappoint on the taste front. The strong balance of saltiness & sweetness provided a great tasting blend and the low acidity did not leave a nasty lingering aftertaste.

1st Place

Cost £1

Notes: Truly the best tin of tomatoes on our list. It gets everything right in terms of saltiness, sweetness, acidity & tomatoness! If you are looking to impress the next time you make a tomato-based dish, then a tin of Cirio is for you!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Does kwik save still exist?

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

NotJustANumber99 posted:

5th Place

4th Place

3rd Place

Cost £0.35

2nd Place

Cost £1

1st Place

Cost £1

I’d read a blog solely dedicated to posts like this

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Time for the important conversations

What do you do with the foil lid cover thing that butter comes with? Peel it back when you're using it then re-cover or rip the fucker off and bin it because the actual lid is sufficient?

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
I do agree with Bury's canned peeled plums being the best price/performance ones, they are really good for all sorts of tomato sauces and dishes like Chicken Karahi.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

Sudden Javelin posted:

What do you do with the foil lid cover thing that butter comes with? Peel it back when you're using it then re-cover or rip the fucker off and bin it because the actual lid is sufficient?

I chaos slam dunk the foil to the bin because it reduces my ATBPM (access to butter per minute).

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

NotJustANumber99 posted:

5th Place

4th Place

3rd Place

Cost £0.35

2nd Place

Cost £1

1st Place

Cost £1

Need to know where the aldi toms rank

Dogatron
Jun 24, 2020

NotJustANumber99 posted:

i doubt the police showed up.

its s just an internet post and they'd probably need an account or something to see it

The police phoned the Mrs in the morning. They did show up and slapped fines around, arrested a few people for possession. There were 20 people in a very small back yard.

She did ask them politely to be a bit quieter earlier in the evening as our baby was sleeping, but they ignored her. They should have listened.

Now we have pissed off the local drug dealer, but he is a short fat bloke with a goatee beard so I feel quite safe from Pablo Escobar style retribution.

Yesterday morning I mean. I'm on nights and have no clue to what day it is.

Dogatron fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Apr 27, 2021

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

fridge corn posted:

God tier

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Sudden Javelin posted:

classic bricks of butter only

IM not enforcing this or suggesting its the only valid way to live your life. Its just what I do

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
Pack it in lads, we got a real narc in the chat. No illegal stuff ya hear

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Keep the foil and wrappers from butter because you can use it to grease cake tins.

Dogatron
Jun 24, 2020

Fingerless Gloves posted:

My Mrs is quite ferocious about our sons welfare. It was worse during the first lockdown when we went shopping. He is a cute baby, and the natural desire of old women is to lean into prams and have a look. She got quite loud and physical then, and I had to stop her causing quite a few fractured hips when she looked like shoving them away. She has calmed down slightly but that instinct to prevent any harm is still present.

I just coped with old grannies by telling them he's got tuberculosis and you can't get too close at the first sign of pram leaning. That poo poo scares old people as much as covid.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Dogatron posted:

My Mrs is quite ferocious about our sons welfare. It was worse during the first lockdown when we went shopping. He is a cute baby, and the natural desire of old women is to lean into prams and have a look. She got quite loud and physical then, and I had to stop her causing quite a few fractured hips when she looked like shoving them away. She has calmed down slightly but that instinct to prevent any harm is still present.

I just coped with old grannies by telling them he's got tuberculosis and you can't get too close at the first sign of pram leaning. That poo poo scares old people as much as covid.

Sure but that's not the same as having people arrested for possession cuz they were being a bit noisy you fucken oval office

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

crispix can you do a normanpost on this topic please

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

To be fair having a big loud lockdown breaking party to piss off your neighbours is very dumb

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee

Fingerless Gloves posted:

don't worry. sex arses and canned tomatoes aren't illegal

yet

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Dogatron posted:

Now we have pissed off the local drug dealer, but he is a short fat bloke with a goatee beard so I feel quite safe from Pablo Escobar style retribution.

short fat blokes with beards are never violent, after all

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Vegan sausage roll reviews:

3rd place: Greggs Vegan Sausage Roll - price £1 each

They don't sell very quickly, so they'll be weirdly sweaty and room temp. If you managed to grab an actual hot one it's not a bad lunch as its a good size, but really, it's not special.

2nd place: Naughty Vegan 'Pig Out' rolls - price £3 for 4

They come frozen so you gotta cook them at home. Taste good, good size.

1st place: Aldi's Plant Menu 'No Pork' sausage rolls - £0.99 for 2

God tier. Maybe a tad small individually, but there is 2 in a pack. Great taste, great texture. Comes from the fridge and taste good cold, but perfection when baked.

Ones to avoid
Sainsbury's own brand vegan sausage rolls in chiller - poo poo
Ginsters Quorn vegan sausage rolls - crap

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

fridge corn posted:

I don't get why the saltiness level is so important in those reviews. You're going to be cooking with them. If there's not enough salt in your dish, you should be tasting it and adding more anyway!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

To be fair having a piss party on your neighbours is very loud