Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lucid Nonsense
Aug 6, 2009

Welcome to the jungle, it gets worse here every day

The Bloop posted:

Please allow me to share with the thread, Clark's Fish Camp

They have all the normal basic seafood and steaks but also are locally famous for having an exotic meats menu with boar, snake, kangaroo, gator, etc

You can even order a whole gator!

I forgot all about that place. Haven't been there in at least 15 years. A buddy of mine lived about 2 miles away from there and we'd sit at the bar or on the patio and drink beer all afternoon on nice days. How many times has that place flooded?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Lucid Nonsense posted:

How many times has that place flooded?

No idea but definitely a non-zero number of times

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Mozi posted:

such an old feller handling the whole restaurant by himself, bet he couldn't manage to be open more than 30, 35 minutes a day, tops

Lol I was thinking the same thing. One old guy runs, cooks, serves, and busses a busy lunch spot during the day and then does Italian style dinners at night while Doobie couldn’t handle being open 4 hours a day (plus 4 hours to clean, natch).

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Speaking of Montana, I went here once. It's a really generic americana bar compared to most of the stuff being posted but on the way out I saw a 12 year old ride by on a dirt bike so extra americana points there.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
generic americana is even more americana than non-generic americana

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I would very happily eat all this food, but I would rather do it someplace else

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

The Bloop posted:

Have they been sued for infringement yet by Rainforest Cafe?

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Aardvark! posted:

check out this place

Not a fan of hot dogs, but based on the grease on this plate alone, I would probably try everything on the menu.

Kinda curious about one issue: Dives and holes in the wall that provide a discount for cash purchase, tax evasion scheme or legitimate business? I had a great BBQ joint around the corner from me that gave a 10% discount on cash purchases, great brisket, ribs, and burnt ends, but closed down within 4 months....

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

cult_hero posted:

Not a fan of hot dogs, but based on the grease on this plate alone, I would probably try everything on the menu.

Kinda curious about one issue: Dives and holes in the wall that provide a discount for cash purchase, tax evasion scheme or legitimate business? I had a great BBQ joint around the corner from me that gave a 10% discount on cash purchases, great brisket, ribs, and burnt ends, but closed down within 4 months....

Credit card processing requires the business to pay per charge. Sometimes the fee isn't worth it for charges less then 10 bucks.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
nick's famous roast beef in beverly, MA only took cash and it turned out to be a big tax evasion thing

good sandwiches though

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Aardvark! posted:

check out this place

LOL Butt Dog

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

zedprime posted:

Speaking of Montana, I went here once. It's a really generic americana bar compared to most of the stuff being posted but on the way out I saw a 12 year old ride by on a dirt bike so extra americana points there.

Looks like pretty much all the lovely little gaming bars that are on every block here in Vegas, minus the game machines. Wouldn't want to have to drive more than half a block to indulge your alcoholism / gambling addiction, would you? And if you happen to hit a bare patch all the gas stations and 7 11s have them too

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

zedprime posted:

Onion Rings, Corn and Ranch Dressing.

The Ultimate Picky Eater Combo
- $3.99

plaintiff
May 15, 2015

The Bloop posted:

I have eaten here by driving to it and also by canoeing to it

They have all the normal basic seafood and steaks but also are locally famous for having an exotic meats menu with boar, snake, kangaroo, gator, etc

You can even order a whole gator!

They are perhaps MOST famous for having every taxidermy in the world watching over you while you eat

Food's good but not great

Whole gator? As far as I know, even Cajuns only eat the tail and leg meat. Is the body any good?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

do NOT jack off posted:

Whole gator? As far as I know, even Cajuns only eat the tail and leg meat. Is the body any good?

:shrug:

I'm sure it's just a gimmick for parties

Only fried tail nuggets on the regular menu. Nobody ordering gator ribs

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

The Bloop posted:

:shrug:

I'm sure it's just a gimmick for parties

Only fried tail nuggets on the regular menu. Nobody ordering gator ribs

im opening a restaurant that only sells ribs. anything with ribs, you name it we got their ribs baby. That's right we got snake ribs, beaver ribs, anything you can think of

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
:getin:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Aardvark! posted:

im opening a restaurant that only sells ribs. anything with ribs, you name it we got their ribs baby. That's right we got snake ribs, beaver ribs, anything you can think of

Got your after dinner mints covered

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Dude totally rocks

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Dude totally rocks

he's a Food God, everything that Doobie aspired to and failed to become.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
there's another character I found I want to post about some time but not sure if I'll be able to find him again.

he was from some smallish town with its own news station and he had like thousands and thousands of pictures of himself standing in front of every single thing in town wearing tv station merch, uploaded to google maps. i ended up not posting him because in the recent ones he was wearing trump hats

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

The Bloop posted:

No idea but definitely a non-zero number of times

fun fact they dont clean the taxidermies after floods so the whole restaurant smells like wet rotting carpet

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Gators are friends, not food.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Empty Sandwich posted:

my ATV experience is limited, but I've never been on one with pedals.

meanwhile, my understanding is that they stopped making the tricycle ones because they kept rolling and killing the riders, so uh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_C8z0rFnjk

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Apr 29, 2021

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

the rolling over is one thing, the degloving of your calves is another

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

hawowanlawow posted:

the rolling over is one thing, the degloving of your calves is another

Gotta get calfskin gloves from someplace

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
I once literally ran myself over with an ATV as a child at one of those "dumped for a week in the country during the summer" activity camps. I discovered a flaw in their ingenious safety system, which consisted of a coiled cable that plugged into the dash and attached to a jacket you had to wear, which acted as an engine cutout if you flew off. Turns out if you yeet yourself straight over the handlebars, the jack (which was like one of those old 6.5mm audio jacks) would just lodge in place without getting pulled out and it would just continue mercilessly straight for you and crush you, then maybe drag your limp body a little way before deciding to stop.

Ahh, memories.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Aardvark! posted:

I'll have the celery, thks.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

The Bloop posted:

Got your after dinner mints covered

Not sure sex should be described as refreshing but okay.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Outrail posted:

Not sure sex should be described as refreshing but okay.

Look at this guy never got squirted on after a long day in the mines

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Boy I just stuffed a 8" buttplug in my rear end and I'm feeling refreshed.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I'd hope a fish camp would be underwater, they wouldn't have much fun otherwise

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I have Glade Menthol CumBalls in my sack.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Jeza posted:

I once literally ran myself over with an ATV as a child at one of those "dumped for a week in the country during the summer" activity camps. I discovered a flaw in their ingenious safety system, which consisted of a coiled cable that plugged into the dash and attached to a jacket you had to wear, which acted as an engine cutout if you flew off. Turns out if you yeet yourself straight over the handlebars, the jack (which was like one of those old 6.5mm audio jacks) would just lodge in place without getting pulled out and it would just continue mercilessly straight for you and crush you, then maybe drag your limp body a little way before deciding to stop.

Ahh, memories.

drat didn't know dead ghosts could post very spooky

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
running yourself over with an atv is a rite of passage for young rednecks. it separates the kids from the dead kids cuz their skulls got crushed

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

I have Glade Menthol CumBalls in my sack.

You say mint mentos I say beads

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Outrail posted:

You say mint mentos I say beads

:hmmyes:

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Boy I just stuffed a 8" buttplug in my rear end and I'm feeling refreshed.

If thats not 8" diameter, I'm not impressed.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

AmbassadorofSodomy posted:

If thats not 8" diameter, I'm not impressed.

Radius

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Jeza posted:

Ahh, memories.

When I was a bit of a wild kid (in college), after an all-night drugs and drinking binge some friends and I went up to Pismo Beach to rent some ATVs and mess around on the beach. I was like, super out of it and fell asleep through the safety briefing, not that I would have comprehended anything anyways. After that I made sure to get some stimulants in me so I could even drive it.

The ATVs had automatic indicator things that would sense if the ATV got rolled and when you returned it, if it said you rolled it you'd get in trouble or have to pay or something, I can't remember the details.

Well, I rolled it. A LOT. It rolled right over me a couple times but mostly I just flew off and it rolled down a hill or something. Not sure why it would need a cutoff because the engine isn't going without your hand on the throttle, but whatever. The little flag that sticks up into the air (to let other people know you're there if you're below sight line in the dunes) got completely snapped off even though they are very flexible, and I just jammed it into a random engine part so it kinda looked like it was still attached. When I had to return it I lied and said it didn't tip over all the way, just kinda leaned harmlessly over into a dune, and thankfully he didn't notice the flag was all hosed up. Then I got out of there.

Well, that's my story.

Aardvark! posted:

A snake is ALL ribs! I feel like that goes against the spirit of ribs :colbert: