Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

arent you able to use a controller on a phone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

repiv posted:

the wild thing about apex mobile is it's not a port, they rebuilt the whole game from scratch on unreal engine 4

that's quite an investment
Mobile games really seem to be the future - LOL, PUBG, Genshin Impact, every sort of online game seems to be getting in on it. Makes sense to start developing mobile programming capabilities now, before they're demanding a last minute port of Titanfall3.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

err posted:

arent you able to use a controller on a phone?

it depends on the game, some shooters like fortnite support controllers natively and work exactly like the console version, but others require awkward workarounds to map controller inputs into emulated touch inputs

kliras
Mar 27, 2021

repiv posted:

the wild thing about apex mobile is it's not a port, they rebuilt the whole game from scratch on unreal engine 4

that's quite an investment
Waaay back when, there used to be a project to replace the Apex engine (janky old Source Engine); maybe instead of starting over they used the mobile project as an opportunity to continue the project instead of abandoning it?

Thank god they didn't have to use Frostbite, lol.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
no idea how respawn managed to convince EA upper brass to let them keep on using source

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

dragon enthusiast posted:

no idea how respawn managed to convince EA upper brass to let them keep on using source

I read something somewhere about how Respawn is a very successful studio for EA and has learned from elsewhere not to interfere?

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

Got a 2836 damage match! Third match in the 2800s since I started playing, and the intervals between those keep getting shorter. Probably would have gotten 3000 and the win if my third didn't quit early on, or if my second didn't consistently wander off. Gonna get a double hammer one of these days :toot:

Weirdest part is how effortless the whole thing was, no doubt because I was using the two guns I have the best handling with, Flatline and TT. I was landing basically every single one of my shots, chaining headshots and soloing whole squads because I could tell within seconds of engagement that I could take them. Making successful and risky plays every chance I got only resulted in weakened and dazzled squads, which snowballed into yet more kills. Is this how good players feel all the time? Is the secret to be full of yourself, even contemptuous???

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

catgirlgenius posted:

Probably would have gotten 3000 and the win if my third didn't quit early on, or if my second didn't consistently wander off.

Honestly it's probably less likely you would've hit 3000 if your third had been around and competent enough to point their gun at the enemy.

catgirlgenius posted:

Weirdest part is how effortless the whole thing was, no doubt because I was using the two guns I have the best handling with, Flatline and TT. I was landing basically every single one of my shots, chaining headshots and soloing whole squads because I could tell within seconds of engagement that I could take them. Making successful and risky plays every chance I got only resulted in weakened and dazzled squads, which snowballed into yet more kills. Is this how good players feel all the time? Is the secret to be full of yourself, even contemptuous???

Anvil Receiver Flatline is probably the best gun in the game right now IMO. It's crazy versatile, the spray is easy to control, and the Anvil mode hits like a truck.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

I swear to god, people playing complicated FPS games on phone blows my old person mind. Like, I remember my dad being impressed the first time I showed him a mouselook game; he didn't understand how i could manage the coordination necessary to do it. I feel the exact same way when i see someone playing Fortnite or Apex on touch.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJYy-e3kXnU

Gunder
May 22, 2003

I hope her movement options don’t make her an easy target like Octane’s pad does.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Octane's pad is an easy target?

Gunder
May 22, 2003

xtal posted:

The people who bounce off it sure are. Easiest thing to track in the world.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

xtal posted:

It's more like they're a predictable one. Depending on the angle and such they can still be hard to hit sometimes but yeah, I regularly hit people going off Octane's pads and not playing with their vector and I'm not good.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
if you know the jump is coming it's a relatively easy track, which is why as octane it's very good to use it when being pursued and then turn around and shoot skeet. the new faster jump feels a lot safer but that might just be proximity to the ground.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The jump is whatever, the VTOL looks like it'll make her even more mobile than release Horizon. Remember that one killstreak video of the Horizon player constantly lifting into windows on Fragment?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Patchnoootes

https://www.ea.com/games/apex-legends/news/legacy-update-patch-notes

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

The embargo for posting videos from the preview event is also up so check your favourite streamers YouTube

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMmaMO1cKhQ

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

quote:

OCTANE
Stim: Reduced cooldown between stims from 4s to 1s. Increased health cost from 12hp to 20hp.
Increased bullet spread while in the air and shooting from the low Launch Pad trajectory.
Dev Note

Octane continues to perform really well after the latest changes. Too well? We still love the frequency of the Jump Pad, but we’d like to make using Stim something Octane thinks about doing at the right time, instead of always slamming it by default

I love how this is a nerf in that it tasks the user with having some self control.

Whew that loba buff

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Apr 29, 2021

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

bushisms.txt posted:

I love how this is a nerf in that it tasks the user with having some self control.

gonna be sweet as gently caress in a just-outrunning-a-ring situation until it decidedly isn't :v:

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

RIP horizon, devs said they want run and gun, not snipers at blood gulch

Also they removed the one thing holding the g7 back, ads movement speed, now it might be the best gun in the game.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Apr 29, 2021

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
i'm of two minds, because one i don't think octane needed a nerf and that he spent one season good at all as a design goal, not something that needs addressed. but i'm ngl i'm going to hammer stim on cold drops now lmao

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Honestly I'm a little bit scared of Loba now, if they've actually fixed the bracelet bugs she's got a very powerful tool.

CoolCab posted:

i'm of two minds, because one i don't think octane needed a nerf and that he spent one season good at all as a design goal, not something that needs addressed. but i'm ngl i'm going to hammer stim on cold drops now lmao

25% of players are picking Octane during a match.

Cretin90
Apr 10, 2006
Bloodhound emote owns.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Horizon nerf is going to do gently caress all from every horizon fight being "lift, ult, nade, win". It's funny because they mention that they don't want fuse to become a character that kills you with abilities in the same patch notes, but that's basically all she does.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Horizon should still have plenty of time to throw the lift and shield battery before she reaches the top, just can't get a complete phoenix kit off while being impervious due to janky hitboxes, remains to be seen how jank the hitbox is after the acceleration strafing nerf.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I am going to miss the hammerpoints and I don't see the buffs being anywhere near enough to not drop those weapons the instant you come across anything else in their ammo class.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I don't get why they nerfed Black Market when Loba already sucks

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

xtal posted:

Because (hopefully this time) the bracelet is usable and a extra 30 seconds isn't going to make her ult useless since it already starts 50% charged at the start and should be up by the time you move from one PoI to the next.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

xtal posted:

Have you ever not had it up whenever you wanted?

Increasing the movement speed of the Marksman weapons sounds nice.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Because (hopefully this time) the bracelet is usable and a extra 30 seconds isn't going to make her ult useless since it already starts 50% charged at the start and should be up by the time you move from one PoI to the next.

I certainly hope her kit wasn't balanced around the broken bracelet?

Ravenfood posted:

Have you ever not had it up whenever you wanted?

Yes, now that it's good for stealing care packages. But the thing I don't get is why nerf them at all when nobody plays them to begin with.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Because she was buffed in a big way to be able to actually use full movement while waiting on the bracelet and putting it back on, that is massive compared to lazily throwing down a second black market in the same location during downtime, and if they actually finally fixed it bugging out half the times you throw it that opens so many more situations you can reliably use it to escape or assault instead of just using it to get out from behind cover to another piece of cover.

Imagine this scenario, you are being chased as Loba in the open and you throw your bracelet to the left and run right, pre-patch you are a sitting duck and go down in half a second before it activates, post-patch the pursuers need to make the choice to follow the bracelet which you can cancel or follow you still moving at full speed with the risk of being juked by the bracelet.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Apr 29, 2021

TrixR4kids
Jul 29, 2006

LOGIC AND COMMON SENSE? YOU AIN'T GET THAT FROM ME!

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I am going to miss the hammerpoints and I don't see the buffs being anywhere near enough to not drop those weapons the instant you come across anything else in their ammo class.
Yeah the mozambique was basically above the Mastiff imo when it had hammerpoints. Now it's kinda just back to being a crap early game weapon again. P20 even with a custom controller with digital triggers I never felt fired that fast (possibly because of the slow frame rate on console) and now they're nerfing the fire rate...? It just seems like they want these guns to be meme weapons.

As for Loba that 30 seconds isn't going to make any real difference but her tactical being improved/not broken should help quite a bit. I agree that I can't think of many times where my buddy didn't have the ult when he wanted it (pretty much plays Loba exclusively lol). It's definitely a net gain.

TrixR4kids fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Apr 29, 2021

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Loba changes good. Just slam down one of a million UA's that get left by even the greediest looters if it isn't quite charged when you hit a PoI.

Marksman weapons getting a movement/handling speed buff is a godsend.

Gonna look forwards to Octanes regularly murdering themselves with Stims.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

bushisms.txt posted:

Also they removed the one thing holding the g7 back, ads movement speed, now it might be the best gun in the game.

I like getting a good scope on a g7 but even with iron sights I can still plink off folks on the run. Using that and and L-STAR I got a win after we pinned a squad into one of the bunkers in the phase runner bubble. L-STAR just stiffarms people

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I'm thinking about switching from Loba to Crypto main anyway, I just had a lot of fun winning a game 2v3 by blowing up a bunker with Watson, Caustic and Lifeline. They just need to give him a passive ability.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

xtal posted:

I'm thinking about switching from Loba to Crypto main anyway, I just had a lot of fun winning a game 2v3 by blowing up a bunker with Watson, Caustic and Lifeline. They just need to give him a passive ability.

Crypto's "passive" is basically all the crazy utility poo poo his drone can do from complete safety. Hell, even just being able to look at champion banners in drone mode to see if there are squads within 200 meters of crypto is nuts by itself.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
That's the entire point of his drone though. Imagine if Bangalore's active was the smoke grenade and her passive was "Enemies are unable to see through smoke created by your grenades."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Evil Kit posted:

Crypto's "passive" is basically all the crazy utility poo poo his drone can do from complete safety. Hell, even just being able to look at champion banners in drone mode to see if there are squads within 200 meters of crypto is nuts by itself.

A true passive ability would be an innate buff that gives him a unique feature to all other legends. The only thing that even comes close to his "passive" is his ability to use survey beacons without his drone. But bloodhound and pathfinder both have that ability too and Valkarie soon.