Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

https://ogn.theonion.com/half-life-3-announcement-al-qaeda-says-they-have-som-1846782690

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

RandolphCarter posted:

I am still bummed that the yakuza set in feudal Japan was never localized.

there’s two of those actually :eng101:

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Man that looks fun as all get out. Apparently there’s a chance it could be localized, at least the producer of the series says he wants to. If only. :sigh:

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

quote:

Admittedly, we were incredibly surprised to get this announcement at all, let alone from al-Qaeda’s Egyptian division. But it makes sense if you remember that this is the same group responsible for the legendary June 2001 leak in which Osama bin Laden teased something huge planned in the coming months just before the release of the Half Life: Blue Shift expansion pack. So stay tuned, gamers!
:hmmyes:

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Real hurthling! posted:

the new ending of nier is uhh the best thing ever. would recommend going for it

where's dad nier? I'm not seeing it on steam

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

The Voice of Labor posted:

The DLC starring him is supposed to come out later iirc

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

should I look up the nier ending if I don't want to play through it again 5 times

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

no you should play it but if you suck rear end you can watch a spoiler gush video like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnH6CdFXaNQ
but you would have to really suck and hate fun to watch that vid before seeing ending E for yourself.

hes in the dlc side missions that appear in your house after ending A.

Real hurthling! has issued a correction as of 01:42 on Apr 30, 2021

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Mass effect 3 fails because you aren't allowed to respond to the turian councilman calling for help with "AH YES :airquote:THE TURIANS:airquote:."

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

should I pay 60 bux for nier on ps4 if I never played the original but loved automata

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

my bony fealty posted:

should I pay 60 bux for nier on ps4 if I never played the original but loved automata

yes

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

World War Mammories posted:

seriously look at this lovable little scamp

e: also you can bring up contact mike in the end-of-game debrief and it's god drat hilarious

i love the contact mike joke so much that i finish the thought in my cabinet and keep it there even though it sucks

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

my bony fealty posted:

definitely

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

do it, shithog!

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

never played one
just ponied up 20 for auto because butts i hear

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

my man I heard you are into anime butts in video games

*opens side of rain coat revealing 1/4 of the games on steam*

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

my man I heard you are into anime butts in video games

*opens side of rain coat revealing 1/4 of the games on steam*

That reminds me, isn't there some Saudi prince on Steam that buys every single anime game listed? I think someone linked to their profile either here on in Games.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

sixty bucks is worth it for the soundtrack alone

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Yinlock posted:

i love the contact mike joke so much that i finish the thought in my cabinet and keep it there even though it sucks

contact mike is a reprise of the most inspiring basic sporting principle of open competition! a 5,000-1 rank outsider!

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

cool when I've wrapped up spiritfarer imma grab nier, could use a nice lighthearted Eastern romp next :grin:

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

you're allowed to blather on about Contact Mike but only if you tell Acele what she's doing is cool and give her a warm hat.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Zil posted:

That reminds me, isn't there some Saudi prince on Steam that buys every single anime game listed? I think someone linked to their profile either here on in Games.

People never thought the petrodollar would be used in that way!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Anime Saudi Prince Fan for CSPAM mod / dictator for life

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Jon Irenicus posted:

you're allowed to blather on about Contact Mike but only if you tell Acele what she's doing is cool and give her a warm hat.

how could anyone ever think of doing anything else? even fascist physcop Harry has to let Acele do her thing

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

This DLC is always crash city for me, but it adds some guns I really like.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

etalian posted:

People never thought the petrodollar would be used in that way!

Found him

https://steamcommunity.com/id/Abdullah_Al_Saud

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

i still am unsure if this guy is an actual saudi. he clearly has an insane amount of money

also the ultra-feminine anime girl profile he used to have is gone, interesting

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

MBS bought SNK for the anime titties

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

The Saucer Hovers posted:

never played one
just ponied up 20 for auto because butts i hear

It's very good, I was not expecting that soundtrack

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

Apparently the new eu4 patch was done by outsourced workers that paradox hired in response to it's swedish workers unionizing lmao

pds is just doing this as part of the in-depth research they need to model capitalism in Victoria 3

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
i hope RE Village is going to be good because GMG has 15% off rn and i'm a dumb rear end idiot who preordered it for $50

if it turns out bad, tis the curse and you can blame me

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i think its gonna own OP.
its like 7 but in a cooler bigger setting and they got more than one enemy type and a much bigger in game economy for gun upgrades

its gonna frickin own.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

can u suplex zombies in the new RE game if not then its not better then RE 4/5

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

God I love that dlc, Joshua Graham just living off of spite and the love of god

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

If I had to rank the DLC it would be Honest Hearts > Dead Money > Old World Blues >>>> Lonesome Road

OWB is better written than dead money but dm is oppressive in a way that the rest of the game is not, and I enjoyed that immensely.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I enjoyed Lonesome Road :shrug:

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

all of the dlcs are good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

im pretty stoked for RE:Village, tbh