Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Hypocrisy posted:

Possibly done?

Ohh! When did they post that (and did it go out to consoles?) That would be super awesome, because it was still happening yesterday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
ICR I'm going to take your general absence in the thread as indicative of not having reached max level and found two or so legendaries?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lumpy posted:

Ohh! When did they post that (and did it go out to consoles?) That would be super awesome, because it was still happening yesterday.

A few hours ago.

https://www.reddit.com/r/outriders/comments/n1qulm/outriders_patch_release_inventory_restoration_news/

Seems to be reports of serious armor issues at level 50 now though, people dying in a hit or two.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Maybe that's just the golem bug being fixed. Having permanent triple toughness is pretty big!

Actually all damage in the game should probably have just been cut by a 1/3 and that golem mod removed. Damage levels felt most fine and fair with the bug. Suddenly taking triple damage compared to before is waay too much.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It seems they doubled the armor on level 50 gear but only on new gear, so people's old stuff stayed where it was.

Nothing in the notes mentions a damage pass, but there must have been a rebalancing at 50 to explain the damage rates now.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Apr 30, 2021

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

bamhand posted:

Maybe that's just the golem bug being fixed. Having permanent triple toughness is pretty big!

Actually all damage in the game should probably have just been cut by a 1/3 and that golem mod removed. Damage levels felt most fine and fair with the bug. Suddenly taking triple damage compared to before is waay too much.

Yeah people on the subreddit were asking for them not to fix the Golem mod bug until they rebalanced enemy damage. Guess they didn't listen.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Rinkles posted:

ICR I'm going to take your general absence in the thread as indicative of not having reached max level and found two or so legendaries?

They haven't posted in ~20 days.. maybe they are waiting for the next hype up a game paycheck before they log back on. That said, I am very happy with this game, and would consider this an ICR "hit". So that brings the success ratio to... we;lp.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Aphrodite posted:

It seems they doubled the armor on level 50 gear but only on new gear, so people's old stuff stayed where it was.

Nothing in the notes mentions a damage pass, but there must have been a rebalancing at 50 to explain the damage rates now.

This was hotfixed luckily.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
So what did patch break? Maybe I'll log on to check it out.

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

infuriated by investments
Outriders: It's the videogame adaptation of The Producers.

"It's Springtime for Moloch and Humanity
Enoch is happy and gay!"

Don't be stupid, be a smarty
Come join ICR's party

Merrill Grinch fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Apr 30, 2021

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Lumpy posted:

They haven't posted in ~20 days.. maybe they are waiting for the next hype up a game paycheck before they log back on. That said, I am very happy with this game, and would consider this an ICR "hit". So that brings the success ratio to... we;lp.

It's the best ICR game, which is quite possibly the lowest form of praise possible.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jusupov posted:

This was hotfixed luckily.

Which part was the error? Existing gear too low, new gear too high? Enemies too strong?

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

dogstile posted:

In fact, pretty much any forum is just an echo chamber. People just don't complain when its the one they go on! Amazing, really.

Reddit seems to always lean to the chud side, which isn't exactly a community I want to be in.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Floppychop posted:

Reddit seems to always lean to the chud side, which isn't exactly a community I want to be in.

I have the opposite experience. Reddit is what you make it :shrug:

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

lol scrap grenade is just totally broken now. I've restarted 3 times and no matter what I do it just doesn't work. I defended the developers for quite a while with this game, but they literally can't fix anything without creating twice as many problems.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Scrap grenade is one of the builds I really want to play when they fix it so that it isn't and doesn't feel awful.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Aphrodite posted:

Which part was the error? Existing gear too low, new gear too high? Enemies too strong?

Armor values are same now and gear wasn't supposed to change. Apparently if you bought any of the bugged high armor value pieces they aren't deleted and you'll still have them

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

dogstile posted:

I have the opposite experience. Reddit is what you make it :shrug:

Judging by your avatar it makes sense that you'd feel at home on a site that's generally very right leaning.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Rinkles posted:

Hammerstein posted:

Time for a little contest:

If ICR reaches max level with a single character within the first month of the game and has said character reasonably well equipped for that level (let's say ~2 legendaries), then I will Steam-gift a single copy of this game to a goon who is still undecided on May 1st. Preferably to someone who cannot waste money on gaming in this time of crisis.

It's May 1st. :rip:

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

They have got to stop patching this poo poo on a Friday and leaving it on fire over the weekend.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

This game is amazingly not fun solo. Thank goodness for game pass.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Leveling a second character was so nice because it was: do expedition on high level guy, send all of it to low level guy to dismantle, and have unlimited resources to keep gear extremely leveled/modded on the lowbie

(And still lower world tier for the real poo poo whip encounters)

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Ultimate lightning whip is all you need to make solo leveling trivial.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
Co-op'd the entire game with a friend, Technomancer and Devastator. I think originally the game started out good, but once you got to the first jungle map, everything kind of just rolls downhill and fast.

The monster fights range from fun to punishing. The alpha Perforo AI either needs to be turned down or made a little less aggressive. Didn't really like fighting Strix. Too many brood mothers.

Some of the end game human enemies were just not fun at all, especially the shamans in the last few maps. We were playing on tier 11-13 but everything just tanked too much and killed us far too easily.

Didn't like the ending. I guess they forgot about the dude you fought halfway through?

Ultimately, I think Outriders has the potential to be awesome but too many annoying little things that add up to a huge annoyance.

However, there were fun points, and the loot game is mostly alright. Needs more legendaries to drop. Way more.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Monolith. posted:

Didn't like the ending. I guess they forgot about the dude you fought halfway through?

He shows up in an expedition.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Floppychop posted:

Judging by your avatar it makes sense that you'd feel at home on a site that's generally very right leaning.

Didn't buy the avatar and its a world of tanks joke that the eurogoons bought me, but go off, friend :)

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

UnknownMercenary posted:

They have got to stop patching this poo poo on a Friday and leaving it on fire over the weekend.

I am at this point convinced that the patching efforts so far are actually a genius way to save money on server costs by murdering the game as quickly as possible now that we idiots already bought it.

Whatever crashing they supposedly fixed is certainly not the crashing I keep having.....

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

can someone recommend a pyro build for late game?

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Wow so the patch sure is something.

It's... Doable? But it's loving insanely tense dealing with CT15 now. You have to assume everything can one shot you and kite kite kite.

It's stressful as hell and... not fun. It's like I'm playing a mode with no armour way above my level. Like I've not gotten any gear this last month.

I could see the appeal of this as a separate mode for good rewards. But for the same rng poo poo from expeditions? Nah.

Oh and it'd be a lot more fun with a static group but guess what, my friends have all quit before this. So wellp!

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I'd like to congratulate Outriders for pulling a reverse No Man's Sky with these first few patches

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Reading those first patch notes where they were acting like the builds have to be "competitive" was a huge red flag

I mean, other than focusing on nerfs when basic game stability was still on fire

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

ZeeBoi posted:

This game is amazingly not fun solo. Thank goodness for game pass.

What class are you playing? I just finished the game as a Devastator at WL13 and going the bottom route of the skill tree with sustained healing from bleed worked extremely well. I didn't even need Golam just Earthquake to set bleed/gain armor, Impale weak enemies to gain even more heal over time and just run around like a manic while gravity leaping to get out of trouble. Really fun ME Vanguard style of playing . bamhand is also right, find a gun with Ultimate lightning whip or Improved Vulnerability Bullets and just go to town. I got luckly with a purple auto shotgun with Improved Vulnerability Bullets, slotted in Lighting Whip and dragged that weapon across the finish line for the last 15 levels.

I've actually really enjoyed my play time with the game and look forward to screwing around with the expeditions.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Mebh posted:

Wow so the patch sure is something.

It's... Doable? But it's loving insanely tense dealing with CT15 now. You have to assume everything can one shot you and kite kite kite.

It's stressful as hell and... not fun. It's like I'm playing a mode with no armour way above my level. Like I've not gotten any gear this last month.

I could see the appeal of this as a separate mode for good rewards. But for the same rng poo poo from expeditions? Nah.

Oh and it'd be a lot more fun with a static group but guess what, my friends have all quit before this. So wellp!

I was able to fix my bugged armour by unequipping all of my main pieces, just putting on a bunch of trash, and then swapping back for my real armour. Seems to be working for the time being, at least for me.

This game has a serious problem registering item stats correctly, as well as temporary buff states and skills, so I'm not surprised that somehow trying to fix one armour mod had a cascading effect of breaking all armour, but only for some people.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I'm just playing through the story, and... Trickster seems to become completely nonviable at WL6 given the gear you have access to.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
If your build isn't a reflect devastator build being gated by dumb boss fights, you're fine.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Kesper North posted:

I'm just playing through the story, and... Trickster seems to become completely nonviable at WL6 given the gear you have access to.

If you have a mod called Perpetuum Mobile you can turn on Twisted Rounds and pretty much never lose Twisted Rounds. Throw on the mod:
Additional Mag
Strong Twist
Blue Blood
And either Anomalic Caliber or Twisted Fate

With this alone you can use either Hunt the Prey + Venators Knife or Hunt the Prey + Time Rift (if you are level 22) or Hunt the Prey + Slow Trap

Going to new WL's can be a little painful at first.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Later on you can transition trickster into a bleed-based DPS 'tank'

Theres an armor mod that refills your mag if you kill bleeding enemies
There's mods that gives you health and regen for damaging/killing bleeding enemies
A gun mod that bleeds enemies every second
Bone shrapnel applies aoe bleed

Basically you become unkillable, and your magazine is infinite as long as you pop a mook every few seconds

Very late game but also lets you faceroll everything - I think the only t3 mod needed is Ultimate Bleeding Bullets which appears on several guns

Works best with 20 round autoshotguns

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

DarkDobe posted:

Later on you can transition trickster into a bleed-based DPS 'tank'

Theres an armor mod that refills your mag if you kill bleeding enemies
There's mods that gives you health and regen for damaging/killing bleeding enemies
A gun mod that bleeds enemies every second
Bone shrapnel applies aoe bleed

Basically you become unkillable, and your magazine is infinite as long as you pop a mook every few seconds

Very late game but also lets you faceroll everything - I think the only t3 mod needed is Ultimate Bleeding Bullets which appears on several guns

Works best with 20 round autoshotguns

This is the build I'm rolling right now and while I'm still having a little trouble with CT15 I can face roll CT14. I'm pretty astounded at the difficulty jump between the two. I'm working on getting "god roll" gear right now

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Kesper North posted:

Beat the game playing trickster (not the fancy bleed build listed, either) and decided to roll a Technomancer which is loving easy mode comparatively. The class is fun but frustrating as it requires getting up in things' faces, only to discover that most if not all bosses have super duper PBAOE's they can spam. Played 90% solo on highest WT available. Did a lot of swearing and a lot of dying. I'm doing expeditions now and will look at that bleed build.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

SubponticatePoster posted:

most if not all bosses have super duper PBAOE's

Exactly, that's what's wrecking me. I can't cope with it in Destiny 2 either. Just loving let me shoot poo poo. I can wipe the floor with actual players all day in PVP, but I can't even with this PBAOE spam bullshit, which not coincidentally is also why I abhor D2 PVE content.

Developers, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE LEARN TO DO SOMETHING ELSE