Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

What are the stereotypes about running into a Kruber? I never play with another one since I am him. I'm guessing Huntsman is annoying/inconsistent to play alongside, compared to the other classes?

But my own stereotypes:

Kerillian, is Kerillian, but they tend to be silent in my experience which seems to be unusual based on what I've read in here. Maybe the most likely to silently leave at the first signs of the party wobbling.

Bardins are generally solid, most likely to try get the group to do another run together. Never gives up even during a full party wipe. A combo I run into a lot is a level 35 Bardin + their friend who will be a lowlevel that they are teaching/carrying.

Victor is...either a hardcarry or a complete liability, I've had the most toxicity from these guys and I swear they break spacetime because you blink and they're 100 yards away from you in a dangerous place, how did they travel there without occupying the spaces inbetween?

Sienna is unpredictable, everything from hardcarry to friendly fire enthusiast but they tend to be silent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

jokes posted:

Love Kerillian, but Saltzpyre with rapier/pistol and dualpistols letting you put a bullet in every single rat you see is a very good time too. The true elite experience

God the dual pistols feel so nice to spam into like a horde of plague monks and elites. WHC feels really fun with that weapon

Love the rapier as BH as well. Being able to use that pistol while blocking to kill off annoying enemies always feels nice.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Dont save your coins for next game,
i just joined a game that failed while i connected and lost what i had left from the previous run cause the game decided that i just failed a run.

Just spend everything you can.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Friendship with rapier over
Now Billhook is my best friend

Seriously I love this thing, the ability to just pull and stagger even Packmasters or Bestigors out of their bullshit to follow it up with an overhead is hilarious. Even staggers knights straight out of their windup animations

Fishstick fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Apr 29, 2021

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Billhook was what I was using when I John Wick'd my way through those Chaos Warriors. I didn't like it for chaff though. I think my favorite Saltz melee is either the flail or the axe+falchion. Idk if they're meta but they feel weighty and fun.

The only character-specific stereotype I can think of that seems prevalent is "waystalker continuously pushes forward without looking back at the team" which is a self-solving problem once a disabler spawns on them

big cummers ONLY fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Apr 29, 2021

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Time to try again with the workday over. Fiddled around a bit solo during the day and found I really like Unchained with mace and flamestorm staff, I might try that a while for melee-learning. Ironbreaker I suspect is teaching me bad habits through forgiveness. (I can count the number of times I remember the dodge button exists on one hand per mission, for a start.)

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

Brendan Rodgers posted:

What are the stereotypes about running into a Kruber? I never play with another one since I am him. I'm guessing Huntsman is annoying/inconsistent to play alongside, compared to the other classes?

But my own stereotypes:

Kerillian, is Kerillian, but they tend to be silent in my experience which seems to be unusual based on what I've read in here. Maybe the most likely to silently leave at the first signs of the party wobbling.

Bardins are generally solid, most likely to try get the group to do another run together. Never gives up even during a full party wipe. A combo I run into a lot is a level 35 Bardin + their friend who will be a lowlevel that they are teaching/carrying.

Victor is...either a hardcarry or a complete liability, I've had the most toxicity from these guys and I swear they break spacetime because you blink and they're 100 yards away from you in a dangerous place, how did they travel there without occupying the spaces inbetween?

Sienna is unpredictable, everything from hardcarry to friendly fire enthusiast but they tend to be silent.

The Saltzpyre player is speedrunning past every enemy, forcing their team to fight every enemy in their wake while they're a mile ahead at any given time. Never collects a book.

The Kruber player is usually going AFK every 2 minutes or a mile behind the team looking in every corner for a collectible or potion.

Both of them are wearing paid cosmetics.

Pennsylvanian fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Apr 29, 2021

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Should I care about this athanor / weave stuff, i've no real idea what it is but I got the DLC at some point

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
All the Saltzpyre's I meet are Zealots edging oblivion at all times but only seem to go down maybe once everyone else is while I'm watching an Kerillian or a Kruber double nearly halfway back across a map looking for more coins. I'm always Bardin and am torn between going back for the straggler to keep them from getting hooked or leached or something and catching up with the two actually progressing in the level and leaving them to their fate.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

So apparently jumping resets your dodge counter? If that's the case I'm putting Space back on Jump/Dodge, lot easier. (For some reason instinctively hitting Shift to dodge isn't gelling very well)

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

I dropped into a game in the first map and literally the first boon I got was Lightning on Crit. On WHC it just turns your ult into a "and now everything dies" button.

https://i.imgur.com/idEgxte.mp4

big cummers ONLY posted:

Billhook was what I was using when I John Wick'd my way through those Chaos Warriors. I didn't like it for chaff though. I think my favorite Saltz melee is either the flail or the axe+falchion. Idk if they're meta but they feel weighty and fun.

For hordes it works great on WHC at least - get the 40% stamina regen on push talent, and Use a push attack followed by a light, which are both sideswipes - a lot like push attack spamming for glaive handmaiden, really. The pull special attack also penetrates multiple enemies so its pretty good against stacked enemies as well (think long hallways / bridges/etc). I havent tried it on zealot yet but it's quickly becoming my favorite weapon of WoM

Ciaphas posted:

Should I care about this athanor / weave stuff, i've no real idea what it is but I got the DLC at some point

Completely ignorable. All the rewards are only for the weaves themselves and you're unlikely to find a group of randoms doing many of them.

Fishstick fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Apr 30, 2021

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Fishstick posted:

I dropped into a game in the first map and literally the first boon I got was Lightning on Crit. On WHC it just turns your ult into a "and now everything dies" button.

I just did a Champ CW as Shade and got a boon that gave me a 50% to transfer any melee attack to surrounding enemies. I then just kept getting +attackspeed and +critpower and soon I was wiping out patrols in one or two swipes with my swords.

Most of the time, I normally just get boons that are like "If you are the last person left you get +15% power level" or some bullshit.

cerebral
Oct 24, 2002

Caidin posted:

I'm always Bardin and am torn between going back for the straggler to keep them from getting hooked or leached or something and catching up with the two actually progressing in the level and leaving them to their fate.

As a newer player who keeps getting stuck in this same situation, I'm very curious as to what the conventional wisdom says to do. Do I stick with the two progressing and leave the straggler, or do I wait for the straggler?

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

cerebral posted:

As a newer player who keeps getting stuck in this same situation, I'm very curious as to what the conventional wisdom says to do. Do I stick with the two progressing and leave the straggler, or do I wait for the straggler?

Im no authority but my personal rule is I go with whoever is alone. Yeah it slows the whole group down a bit but not as much as having to backtrack because the sole straggler got buttstabbed and downed and/or leeched/pounced. Obviously consider if the player is just backtracking for some coins or if he's getting caught up with the stragglers of a horde (ie: are the 2 in front just killing 80% of the horde and then booking it?), but it's generally never a bad idea to make sure everyone's in pairs.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I wait a bit but if the other two don't also wait then I head off with the other two.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Does the weapon exchange shrine ever give you DLC weapons even if you own them?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I t hink I like Unchained most of all with Ironbreaker 2nd. Ironbreaker I've figured out my melee of choice (great axe :swoon:), is anything similarly needs-suiting for Unchained?

Up to now I've run mace and flamestorm staff, which has worked okay - but again, only veteran

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

I t hink I like Unchained most of all with Ironbreaker 2nd. Ironbreaker I've figured out my melee of choice (great axe :swoon:), is anything similarly needs-suiting for Unchained?

Up to now I've run mace and flamestorm staff, which has worked okay - but again, only veteran

Flail is super fun, as is dagger. I enjoy most of Sienna's melee weapons for various reasons.
You may also enjoy Handmaiden subclass for Kerillian, kind of a tanky class.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

KillerQueen posted:

Flail is super fun, as is dagger. I enjoy most of Sienna's melee weapons for various reasons.
You may also enjoy Handmaiden subclass for Kerillian, kind of a tanky class.

Spear & Shield on Handmaiden is one of the best <blank> and shield combos to me. Something about its animations and sounds feels so drat good, and it gives Kerillian an option she was lacking before.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Sienna gets a Flail? Jeez, I'm at 17 and that hasn't shown up yet. Didn't think basic unlocks extended that long.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
Gave Kerillian's Greatsword a shot for the first time, and I like it. Its consecutive regular swings are a bit weird to get used to, but mixing it up with the charge attack has a good feel to it.

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona

Ciaphas posted:

Sienna gets a Flail? Jeez, I'm at 17 and that hasn't shown up yet. Didn't think basic unlocks extended that long.

Flail requires you complete a series of missions from one of the DLCs--I can't remember specifically which one, but you can check the challenges to find it. Flail is extremely good, and very fun since the heavy attack creates a bunch of explosions that stagger whole waves.

All of her weapons are good now after a few of them got reworked, but my favorite is dagger--which is actually a horde clearing weapon that staggers like a motherfucker and gives you a speed buff when you do a push attack--flail, and crowbill, which isn't great against hordes but will let you left click chaos warriors to death, which is extremely fun and satisfying.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Does the weapon exchange shrine ever give you DLC weapons even if you own them?

I got a red Masterwork Pistol just now, and the game loves to give me Bretonnian Longsword or Bretonnian Sword+Shield which I don't really like, so yes.

Speaking of which, not sure if I like it. It does a lot of damage but starring at a special for 1second before it fires off a shot is somewhat messing with my flow of 'whip around and headshot special'

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
I had one baller Waywatcher Kerillian game where my Swift Bow spat multiple penetrating, ricocheting arrows. She was a gattling gun and the only reason we failed was because a Minotaur blindsided us and knocked three of us into lava.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Apr 30, 2021

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Grailknight

2x10% attack speed
40% crit power
Crit on taking damage
20% attack speed with empty F bar
Autoblock

Red Exe sword with crit / blockcost / swift slaying

Best game ever.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Can the drake gun trigger headshots?

No i'm not asking because the game only gave me the drake gun through an entire run. Don't be silly.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Sab Sabbington posted:

Flail requires you complete a series of missions from one of the DLCs--I can't remember specifically which one, but you can check the challenges to find it. Flail is extremely good, and very fun since the heavy attack creates a bunch of explosions that stagger whole waves.

All of her weapons are good now after a few of them got reworked, but my favorite is dagger--which is actually a horde clearing weapon that staggers like a motherfucker and gives you a speed buff when you do a push attack--flail, and crowbill, which isn't great against hordes but will let you left click chaos warriors to death, which is extremely fun and satisfying.

Yeah, flail's probably my favorite weapon on Sienna, for its sheer versatility.

Crowbill I would not recommend for newbies, you might be able to delete elites, but you'll struggle far more than you have to against hordes.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
Fatshark has found yet another new and exciting way to troll me in the chaos wastes - its a cata khorne run, last map before the finale and there’s a red upgrade anvil (I haven’t upgraded from white yet as unchained with flail + overcharge/boons does just fine) a horde is on the way but no biggie, I’ll smash them as soon as they arrive. Do the upgrade, and I am left looking at literally AN EMPTY PAIR OF loving HANDS ON SCREEN, unable to switch to ranged, block, or do anything other than desperately try and hide behind the dwarf as the blood tornadoes and beast men surround us. 30 seconds and half my health later the game finally relents and I get my red flail

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Sab Sabbington posted:

Dagger, a horde clearer? Dagger push gives you a speed buff? :pwn:

Is there a website that goes over all the weapons in detail including these hidden features the game doesn't tell you about except by experimentation (which I am bad at noticing)? I've no idea which wikis are up to date, if any

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

If you look at the workshop guides there are a bunch that go over the attributes of each weapon

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

Dagger, a horde clearer? Dagger push gives you a speed buff? :pwn:

Is there a website that goes over all the weapons in detail including these hidden features the game doesn't tell you about except by experimentation (which I am bad at noticing)? I've no idea which wikis are up to date, if any

Tbh all you need to worry about at first is:

Does this pierce armor?

Does this break shields?

What is the stamina on this item?

How does it fare vs hoards?

That's all a newbie needs. Once you find a weapon you're prepared to use for a while, learn it's full moveset. This will generally require wiki trolling. There are a few weird nuances (falcion piercing armor on the third strike comes to mind) but by then it should make more sense.

I usually recommend hoard clear giant fuckoff weapons for newbs. Not being able to stagger a rat wave is more dangerous than not being able to chew elites until you get the hang of it.

Though I've definitely seen some people immediately take to single target weapons so who knows.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Banano posted:

Fatshark has found yet another new and exciting way to troll me in the chaos wastes - its a cata khorne run, last map before the finale and there’s a red upgrade anvil (I haven’t upgraded from white yet as unchained with flail + overcharge/boons does just fine) a horde is on the way but no biggie, I’ll smash them as soon as they arrive. Do the upgrade, and I am left looking at literally AN EMPTY PAIR OF loving HANDS ON SCREEN, unable to switch to ranged, block, or do anything other than desperately try and hide behind the dwarf as the blood tornadoes and beast men surround us. 30 seconds and half my health later the game finally relents and I get my red flail

This happens to me too, I think the game is struggling to find and load the new model and this can take anywhere from 1 second to 30 seconds depending on if the rest of the game is chugging along.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Got my hands on a red Sword&Dagger and my excitement turned to disappointment quickly - the tried and true light-light-light-blockcancel that reigned supreme in VT1 seems to do horribly against hordes, especially compared to the mindless light-spam of the dual swords?
At least push-stab into heavy 2 works fine against Elites, but the wave clear of S&D leaves me unsatisfied...

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Personal favorite melee in the game is Kerillian's two-handed sword. Easy sweep and clear, plus accurate piercing heavy. Especially on Handmaiden. I am kind of a huge Elf-stan, it would seem. Shameful.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 00:43 on May 1, 2021

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Kokoro Wish posted:

Personal favorite melee in the game is Kerillian's two-handed sword. Easy sweep and clear, plus accurate piercing heavy. Especially on Handmaiden. I am kind of a huge Elf-stan, it would seem. Shameful.

The Elf has always been extremely fun to play in both games.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Like an arrow, I was only passing through.

Night10194 posted:

The Elf has always been extremely fun to play in both games.

Elf good. Elf players bad.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Anyone else getting an error with the key_pickup_message mod on startup?
Might also be the reason why i can never open the chest with the grim after picking up the key...

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
i turned off key pickup and a bunch of other mods since they were proccing errors

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Got my hands on a red Sword&Dagger and my excitement turned to disappointment quickly - the tried and true light-light-light-blockcancel that reigned supreme in VT1 seems to do horribly against hordes, especially compared to the mindless light-spam of the dual swords?
At least push-stab into heavy 2 works fine against Elites, but the wave clear of S&D leaves me unsatisfied...

Just push-attack + spam and it does just fine against hordes

Kokoro Wish posted:

I always assumed Kerillian's Greatsword was garbage, but after trying it out in the Chaos Wastes I actually like it a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Anyone else getting an error with the key_pickup_message mod on startup?

Yeah...I'm hoping that mod gets updated soon.

Player List Plus seems to be working fine this time around, though. Everyone get this mod so I can see your load-out and judge you for it