Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
it's probably not great that the Braves are already so desperately dependent on a pitcher who's only 12 games into his major league career, the Anderson-Contreras battery has to be one of the greenest ones this season will see.

edit: Contreras already doing more than Jackson has ever shown capable of

elentar fucked around with this message at 18:43 on May 2, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
it's been crazy seeing the cardinals regularly hitting multi-run homers instead of solo shots

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
lol Tony Walters just straight up stole home on the throw back to the pitcher. Ok Wolters officially owns.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Danny Jansen got a hit.

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.
I cheered out loud for Danny Jansen.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
so i remember Brandon League used to wear long sleeve shirts to cover his sleeve tats. was that a club thing the Mariners enforced or did MLB have some kind of rule?

it seems like now players don't even bother and that's really cool.

e: ok i found this but is it still in effect?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justin_Miller_(baseball,_born_1977)#Tattoos

DR FRASIER KRANG fucked around with this message at 18:51 on May 2, 2021

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Oh weird this guy just died in a hotel room and nobody followed up.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/mariners/baseballrsquos-lsquotattoo-manrsquo-justin-miller-found-dead-in-florida/

Big Baseball at it again.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Freeman looks completely lost at the plate

the Braves at this particular moment are a very bad baseball team

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer
beyond tired of the braves announcers. Glavine is obnoxious, yesterday's unwritten rules discussion was especially egregious.i'll probably just watch the away announcers all year at this rate.

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

I like Buck Martinez. :3:

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Really hammering home the "this is not a real major league park" vibes with the nonstop sound effects at Dunedin.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

pigz posted:

beyond tired of the braves announcers. Glavine is obnoxious, yesterday's unwritten rules discussion was especially egregious.i'll probably just watch the away announcers all year at this rate.

tune in to the radio feed, Ben Ingram is proving to be a very solid play by play guy and Joe Simpson found a new lease on life as soon as he no longer had to be in a room with Chip Caray for three hours a day

also occasionally you get Mark Lemke who has the exact opposite of a radio voice

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

elentar posted:

the Braves at this particular moment are a very bad baseball team

the Jays on the other hand seem to be a very good baseball team, and a pleasant one on top of that, hope they make it out of the AL East because all the alternatives (other than Orioles comedy option) are so clearly so much worse

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
the aj pollock contract has finally paid off

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Braves get 6 games to work things out within the terrible division before the Jays come back around again to gently caress them up

edit: Austin Riley is literally the only person hitting right now and I'm just as surprised as you are

elentar fucked around with this message at 19:40 on May 2, 2021

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Just finished go karting and I see that Danny Jansen has hit a baseball!???

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

Gerblederp posted:

Just finished go karting and I see that Danny Jansen has hit a baseball!???

Twice!

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

ok that is a beautiful bunt hit by Pache there

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
dodgers offense is rollin with 2 grand slams in the first two innings

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

That was a very dumb tootblan

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Borucki is absolutely wiping out the Braves (who are, admittedly, doing their best to help him out with that task) but all I can think about is how much he looks like Wes Anderson

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

jesus christ george no :(

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

elentar posted:

Borucki is absolutely wiping out the Braves (who are, admittedly, doing their best to help him out with that task) but all I can think about is how much he looks like Wes Anderson

For a motley collection of random guys the Jays bullpen has been pretty good so far this season

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yankee game over in just over 2 hours.

Its like I don't even know what to do with the rest of the afternoon.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
jesus christ bregman

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Hell yeah Semien

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

why can't this just end

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

these are the Jays I was promised

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

Gerblederp posted:

these are the Jays I was promised

they are so fuckin fun

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

four hit day for Riley really underlining how pathetic everyone else has been

edit: ok Contreras has done pretty well, unlucky there but it really doesn't matter at this point

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

elentar posted:

it really doesn't matter at this point

hold your horses

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Jays win!

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Tweezer Reprise posted:

hold your horses

the Braves as a team are not in late-inning comeback territory right now

which is not great since it was basically their signature last season

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

They've got to send Tucker back down

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
Get well soon Ian. Good luck at 2B... uh.... Wolters?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
I am convinced that the Tigers are going to break the strikeout record they set three years ago

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I’m really enjoying the cubbies new attitude of “‘never give up, never surrender, keep fighting back, still lose in the end”

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
It was a fun game to watch, sad to watch the Reds bullpen though

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

lol cubs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Giants legend Mike Tauchman