Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Same but I'm unfortunately burdened with a giant wrinkly brain and it feels like it (402, medium) uncomfortably squeezes my swollen skull if I wear it too long, regardless of how tight I have it on. A little too expensive to buy a large just to try it, though, lol

Apparently, the only difference in sizes is the gasket, you should be able to buy just that.

Pooky posted:

200 bucks lmao

Cheaper than cheeser lung

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

what happens if you get struck by lightning while having covid after being fully vaxxed

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Vaccinate yourself against lightning by building up immunity with smaller shocks

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
No deaths in LA County for the second day straight, first time that's happened in over a year.

I'm starting to feel...less doomed?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

British Columbia chief health officer now saying nbd if your second shot is a different brand than your first due to low vaccine supply.

"It may turn out that it is a better stronger immune response to receive a second dose with a different vaccine," she said. "We don't yet know that."

CBC.ca: BC continues downward trend in new COVID-19 cases, but 15 more lives lost over the weekend.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/covid-update-may3-1.6012049

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

respectfully those are numbers of apartheid and exclude the dispossessed

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Zisky posted:

No deaths in LA County for the second day straight, first time that's happened in over a year.

calm before a storm imo.

Like that time I had pneumonia and I woke up feeling... better. Good enough to do stuff. Then I fell out in the middle of the day worse than ever lmao.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chamale posted:

I want to cite sources, but not tell my friends to read the studies themselves. Antimaskers like to cite bullshit from discredited doctors, I can counter that by citing real research.

i've tried this too many times to count. i predict in reply you will receive twenty uncited infographics on toxins in vaccines and a dozen facebook memes about bill gates and at least one person linking vaccines to climate change

Blitter
Mar 16, 2011

Pingui posted:

Expect this to make the rounds:

Also, Chilean strain?

Looks pretty feisty!

virological.org paper posted:

We report a novel sublineage of B.1.1.1 (now C.37) that presents a deletion in the ORF1a gene (Δ3675-3677), also present in variants of concern (VOCs) B.1.1.7, B.1.351, and P.1. It displays a novel deletion and multiple nonsynonymous mutations in the Spike gene (Δ246-252, G75V, T76I, L452Q, F490S, T859N). Initially reported in Lima, Peru, in late December, it now accounts for 50 of 105 (47.6%) genomes in Lima between January 1 and March 18. Further RT-qPCR screening for VOCs suggests that it is widespread in other regions of Peru. It is also expanding in Chile and has been reported in Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Ecuador, Germany, Spain, the UK, and the US.

And apparently Israel.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

lmao they’re really gonna do it, they’re gonna make it a mental disorder and make you get therapy for it

https://twitter.com/telegraph/status/1389241103812026369?s=21

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

mistermojo posted:

its just our foolish western individualism that makes us feel in control even though we obviously arent. if they could just line people up and jab them that would be great but we're not China or Israel with its appeal to the citizens national duty

We literally used to do this within living memory in this country, we just have late stage capitalism brain worms now

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Rhesus Pieces posted:

lmao they’re really gonna do it, they’re gonna make it a mental disorder and make you get therapy for it

Calling a life-saving piece of ppe a "bane mask" didn't tip you off?

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

The Oldest Man posted:

Calling a life-saving piece of ppe a "bane mask" didn't tip you off?

dumbest loving country, we're got massive titers AND a wave brewing and people want me to go mask off.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
covid is a perfect example of why democracy doesn't work in an emergency and probably ever

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

bane was cool

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Google Butt posted:

bane was cool
Yeah, Robert Swenson was definitely underrated in that role. I can say without reservation that it was his magnum opus.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Like I said enemy of the people. Mass media is the first institution that has to be torn down to free the people.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Zisky posted:

that's very heartening.

Rhesus Pieces posted:

lmao gently caress off telegraph

Zisky
May 6, 2003

silicone thrills posted:

calm before a storm imo.

Like that time I had pneumonia and I woke up feeling... better. Good enough to do stuff. Then I fell out in the middle of the day worse than ever lmao.

Yeah but god willing there's a chance we stay like this or better until the end of the summer, like we did last year.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Why aren't you going out and spending money, citizen? Do we have to send you to the insane asylum? :cop:

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
if you guys really want to know how wide and gapingly open we are, I have to have patients take off their mask for the mri because of the little twist tie for the nose which is just raw iron. The absolute universal response is one of joy, relief, freedom. Oh thank god! gently caress these masks! Everyone is elated to take the mask off for their scans. I've only had ONE patient who refused to unmask and it took us some time to explain to him that yes it'd be fine in the mri, but it would be literally impossible geometry wise for him to keep wearing his 3M elastomer for a brain mri because it wouldn't fit in the coil at all.

Weird how the only one was a sociopath half respirator wearer who should be seeing a therapist.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Asproigerosis posted:

if you guys really want to know how wide and gapingly open we are, I have to have patients take off their mask for the mri because of the little twist tie for the nose which is just raw iron. The absolute universal response is one of joy, relief, freedom. Oh thank god! gently caress these masks! Everyone is elated to take the mask off for their scans. I've only had ONE patient who refused to unmask and it took us some time to explain to him that yes it'd be fine in the mri, but it would be literally impossible geometry wise for him to keep wearing his 3M elastomer for a brain mri because it wouldn't fit in the coil at all.

Weird how the only one was a sociopath half respirator wearer who should be seeing a therapist.

c'mon, that lemming who stopped at the cliff edge to reconsider is clearly the defective unit

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

cash crab posted:

lmao gently caress off telegraph

https://twitter.com/sciam/status/1389261094959583236?s=20

If it’s in scientific American, it’s science* sorry

* science, america-style

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

like 3 people isolated totally lmao

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Fun Shoe

Asproigerosis posted:

can u tell when someone is a psychopath by looking at their brain mri?

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

I never liked hanging out with rando's or making bullshit work chit chat therefor I have a mental illness. (I mean, I do, I have double depression and PTSD, but still)

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

man la fitness at 5pm is a nightmare like nobody is re-racking a god damned thing and you have to wait forever for a rack

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

jarofpiss posted:

man la fitness at 5pm is a nightmare like nobody is re-racking a god damned thing and you have to wait forever for a rack

would you say it's more of a disaster or less of a disaster than the new years rush

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

would you say it's more of a disaster or less of a disaster than the new years rush

more because nobody is wearing masks and there's a pandemic but i'm ngl there's a certain rush i'm getting from wearing my death crew shirt and doing squats in a total hot zone

Hirsute
May 4, 2007
I'm fully vaccinated who wants to party

Zisky
May 6, 2003

jarofpiss posted:

Nature is healing

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I haven't worked up the courage to return to the gym yet and also i'm a lazy sack of poo poo

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

gyms are awful . the wait for the rack ruins it. if you are skipping the rack why even go

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
GET THERAPY

https://twitter.com/Telegraph/status/1389241684119150598?s=20

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lmao the “lockdown” ended over a year ago

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Turns out Jewish hypochondria is p good for plagues

Everyone's posting about how people have given up on masks but me and my neighborhood full of landsman are still psycho about everything :smug:

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

euphronius posted:

gyms are awful . the wait for the rack ruins it. if you are skipping the rack why even go

did not skip the rack tho

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Dolphin posted:

i've tried this too many times to count. i predict in reply you will receive twenty uncited infographics on toxins in vaccines and a dozen facebook memes about bill gates and at least one person linking vaccines to climate change

Most of my friends are not chuds. They're people who think vaccines are good, but they've heard about blood clots and think maybe women on birth control shouldn't take them. Or they're immunocompromised and they've heard that the vaccines can give you covid. Hardcore antivaxxers should be strapped down and forced to take the shot, but that's not who I'm dealing with.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

jarofpiss posted:

Is it possible to buy home gym equipment and weights again, or is it still as hosed as trying to buy a bicycle frame or components is right now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Mr Hootington posted:

Good idea. Have a demon explain vaccines to people.

Tbf chelsea clinton is better to do millennial outreach than Dan nainan