Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
Thinking its either infiltrators leading incredibly broke brain people along or a cult leader doing the same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

change my name posted:

They're on scrub land at high altitude in Colorado and don't have any of the water rights they need to tap those rivers, no indication of how they "emancipated" 200 acres of land when their gofundme only raised $50k, and want to build a whole rear end self-sustaining city, but if you point any of this out people jump down your throat and call you racist, lol

Also 200 acres isnt poo poo, that's four big parking lots next to each other. Assuming half the land is usable (generous) this wouldn't support the group pictured, let alone a city.

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/mattymoron/status/1389318732787470338?s=21

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer

BONGHITZ posted:

covid thread makes it seem like Australia is cool

Are you white? Then yeah, probably.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
Looked at the twitter thread because I am truly broken inside and it seems like they're just spamming a link to this page at anyone skeptical.

quote:

Reparations

Are you white? Do you want to help? Do you want to be a good person, on the right side of history?

The only way you can wash the blood off your hands is through following the leadership of African, Indigenous, and colonized people and paying reparations for all that’s been stolen in your name.

Right now, Black Hammer Organization is offering several ways to pay reparations:

Become a recruit of the Reparations Corps.
Make monthly reparation payments.
Contact us to give your skills, possessions, land, etc. as reparations.

Reparations Corps
Reparations Corps logo

Do you think white workers and colonized workers are oppressed in the same ways? Do you think we have the same goals? Do you think revolutionary movements should include colonizers?

Black Hammer Organization wants you to join the Reparations Corps to relearn history and find your place in building a world without exploitation. The tuition for the bootcamp is the start of paying reparations. This is your way colonizers (white people) to get involved in changing the world, make the choice today to get on the right side of history.

Weekly bootcamp sessions on Sundays from 6-8pm ET.
Reparations paid on a sliding scale.
Sessions will be offered via Zoom.
Learn the true history of the world which has been hidden from you.
Understand why reparations are the key to finding your humanity.
Get on the right side of history!

Ways You Can Sign Up:

Mao Level – $199 minimum

Sign up for the entire 8-week bootcamp and get fully certified as someone who is united under colonized leadership. By completing this level, you’ll get the chance to provide your skills to the organization and be an active recruiter to make sure that other people are continuing to pay reparations and support the masses of poor and working class colonized people. Upon completion, you will also receive a Reparations Corps uniform!

Mao Level + : Pay an additional 25% in reparations and receive an exclusive piece of Black Hammer gear!

Sankara Level – $99 minimum

Sign up for the 4-week bootcamp and get halfway there to falling under the leadership of colonized people. Although you won’t be able to contribute to the organization at this level, you will still receive valuable skills necessary to help advance anti-colonialism and organize people to return and liberate the land of colonized people around the world. If you wish to continue the full 8-week bootcamp, simply pay reparations for another Sankara Level bootcamp.

Sankara Level + : Pay an additional 25% in reparations and receive an exclusive piece of Black Hammer gear!

Che Level – $40

Sign up for a single session of the bootcamp and get a view of the experience and work it takes in order to disunite with your people’s worldwide acts of genocide and terror. Take that first step into creating a world where no one lives at the expense of another and show others that you have what it takes to make a material, not just ideological, difference in the lives of others.

The next 8-week bootcamp will begin on March 14th, 2021! That means you need to sign up today to claim your spot and begin YOUR journey.

GROUP PRICE – Does your organization/company, activist group, or group of friends want to pay reparations and learn about anti-colonialism or anti-racism in the world and in the workplace? Contact us directly at reparationscorps@protonmail.com for pricing options!
REGISTER
Why join the Corps?

For 600 years, you have been murdering Indigenous people, enslaving Africans, and colonizing the globe. Aren’t you tired of endless genocides enacted in your name?

You have raped Turtle Island and her Indigenous Nations. You stole African people from their prosperous continent to build your plantations. You have stolen our lands, forced us to work as your slaves, wracked up the plunder of Colonialism to fuel the parasitic, capitalist system that murders us today. The genocide of colonized people never ended, and they are continued today worldwide through colonialism and imperialism.

You have blood on your hands but you can never wash them clean on your own accord.

In the words of the Brazilian educator Paulo Freire:

“Although the situation of oppression is a dehumanized and dehumanizing totality affecting both the oppressors and those whom they oppress, it is the latter who must from their stifled humanity, wage for both the struggle for a fuller humanity; the oppressor, who is himself dehumanized because he dehumanizes others, is unable to lead this struggle.“

So sit down, and take notes.

By paying reparations, you acknowledge that you and your nation still benefit from our stolen resources. By taking this class, you acknowledge that you and your nations still benefit from the dopamine rush of that conquest.

Revolution will overturn all of these contradictions and colonizers can either fall in line behind our leadership and help us build, or you can stand in the way of our hammers.

Pay Reparations

To support the anti-colonial struggle directly, without taking our class for colonizers, Black Hammer Organization accepts reparations via monthly donations.

Reparations will go directly to empowering poor and working class African, Indigenous, and other colonized people worldwide.
Why pay reparations?

All wealth enjoyed by colonizers is from colonialism: the pillaging, slavery, and genocide of African, Indigenous, and colonized people.
White people, no matter how poor, still benefit from colonialism because it’s what upholds their culture and their way of life. Exploitation from being poor is separate from oppression from being colonized.

White people, even those who are liberal and well-meaning, have always given tacit approval to colonialism through their apathy, ignorance, and continued investment in the status quo.
Minerals, jewels, art, culture, plants, animals, and other resources are continually looted, and that wealth is held by colonizers.

Colonizers trade their humanity and choose to pillage, enslave, and genocide. Their domination over the world must end before it destroys the planet and all of humanity. The only way to right the wrongs, to repay what was stolen, is reparations.
PAY REPARATIONS MONTHLY

Have other resources (skills, tools, vehicles, housing, land) that you can give as reparations? Contact us.

Land Back!

paying two hundred bucks for a uniform and a certification of not being racist erryday

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

You really do not have to pay any attention to them

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

Algund Eenboom posted:

Yes, this. Not an emptyquote

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Algund Eenboom posted:

THS
Sep 15, 2017

tokin opposition posted:

Looked at the twitter thread because I am truly broken inside and it seems like they're just spamming a link to this page at anyone skeptical.

paying two hundred bucks for a uniform and a certification of not being racist erryday

lmfao

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Does their patreon have the gamer tier?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Mirthless posted:

Also 200 acres isnt poo poo, that's four big parking lots next to each other. Assuming half the land is usable (generous) this wouldn't support the group pictured, let alone a city.

200 acres is almost exactly half the size of Hattusa, the ancient capital of the Hittites, which held 40,000 people with only Bronze Age conveniences

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Ehhhhh, fahgettaboudit. Not only the data on your graph is wrong, Paulie, not only it doesn't even say what you say, the whole fahcking methodology's poo poo from the moment you opened your mouth. Here, check out my cool graph, paisano.

There, capitalism wins again, bada bing bada boom.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Paladinus posted:

Ehhhhh, fahgettaboudit. Not only the data on your graph is wrong, Paulie, not only it doesn't even say what you say, the whole fahcking methodology's poo poo from the moment you opened your mouth. Here, check out my cool graph, paisano.

Did people keep dying and coming back to life between 1920 and 1940?

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

We don't hear much about the Carters anymore because they're trapped in a dollhouse

https://twitter.com/BillPascrell/status/1389398768253030401/photo/1

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/RealiaAmelia/status/1388893098529497089?s=20

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

change my name posted:

Isn't that like altitude sickness levels? Also, are they in a national park or what?

It’s in Colorado, so there’s non‐park land up that high, a lot of abandoned mines. Leadville is up there, incorporated with a population of three thousand.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

200 acres is almost exactly half the size of Hattusa, the ancient capital of the Hittites, which held 40,000 people with only Bronze Age conveniences

Yeah but they had to cart in food, and this place will almost certainly have to do that for water as well.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

change my name posted:

We don't hear much about the Carters anymore because they're trapped in a dollhouse

That is because you don't listen to Laura Ingraham.

Carter isn't done harming the world yet. That old ghoul has just retreated to his lair to recharge.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

https://twitter.com/RealHeathcliffs/status/1389190016967090177?s=19

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

change my name posted:

Every rich old person in Georgia has a house that looks exactly like this.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

At first glance I thought the Biden's were doing a ventriloquist bit.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Doesn't that mean dying of plague a lot

def the cops egging on a cult leader to set them up a turkey shoot

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Doesn't that mean dying of plague a lot

better a plague than bandits

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
RIP Hattusa, thought of Sea Peoples and died.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Do you think they grew crops in the city or something

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

If you had a dedicated farm built up slowly over many years by two experts in the field with good access to water, a tropical growing climate, a steady rotation of student farmers, and a massive budget, you can feed all the folks in the picture on less than 200 acres easily.

But you can guess what's more likely to happen when a leftist group focused on self-criticism secludes itself in the mountains... Or, more generously, the same thing that happened to those hipster folks who tried to move to the desert and start a collective farm, only to be hampered by their inability to build any structures or gain access to electricity.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
What if goon island, but with safety pin box and CHAZ

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

Honestly it's worse than CHAZ

that was just bad all around for the left

I'm glad that CHAZ happened because it's a great negative example.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

change my name posted:

That rabbit laid a powerful curse.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

that'sa spicy gabagool Tony!

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Paladinus posted:

here's what I got

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

rip women, stopped existing in 2015

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

The Hittites did not settle in the rocky mountains, however, and from the sources I could quickly google, they did not grow their crops or keep their animals within the city limits

The american diet costs about 2.5 acres worth of crops per person per year. Assuming you minimized waste, you still couldn't maintain the community pictured on the amount of land shown.

Mirthless has issued a correction as of 07:03 on May 4, 2021

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

i say swears online posted:

rip women, stopped existing in 2015

F

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

what if we only grew corn?

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

all this arable land... above the tree line???

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

BONGHITZ posted:

what if we only grew corn?

buddy, i grew up learning about rowcrop agriculture in iowa. dont even ask about that in jest.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
aren't you supposed to combo corn with at least squash and beans

the squash retains moisture for the corn, the corn p much trellises the beans, the beans provide nitrogen its win win win you're basically terraforming at this point

Toph Bei Fong posted:

If you had a dedicated farm built up slowly over many years by two experts in the field with good access to water, a tropical growing climate, a steady rotation of student farmers, and a massive budget, you can feed all the folks in the picture on less than 200 acres easily.

But you can guess what's more likely to happen when a leftist group focused on self-criticism secludes itself in the mountains... Or, more generously, the same thing that happened to those hipster folks who tried to move to the desert and start a collective farm, only to be hampered by their inability to build any structures or gain access to electricity.

i was gonna say sounds like a big culted up texarakis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Eat This Glob posted:

buddy, i grew up learning about rowcrop agriculture in iowa. dont even ask about that in jest.

How upset do you get every time you hear about “the three sisters”?

Is it like cashiers and “it must be free”?