Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

fosborb posted:

I'm content with under 10 per 100k people within 7 days in my community. even if it's raging elsewhere

that said, that assumes activities that are attended by locals. like grocery shopping and going to the park, and not, say, eating dinner at the airport

Where did this number come from? I've had it in my head as a goal too but I can't remember where I picked it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

McCracAttack posted:

Where did this number come from? I've had it in my head as a goal too but I can't remember where I picked it up.

10/100,000 translates to 99.99%

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Five nines of covid uptime and availability.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Getting increasingly angry at all number nerds

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

McCracAttack posted:

Let's see, I know one guy who's been going to bars this entire time because the bartenders are paid to be nice to him and he's starved for human contact. I also know two couples who have started having "date nights" at restaurants again because it's an excuse for them to go do something away from the kids while a relative babysits.

Paradoxish posted:

I honestly kind of get young people who were desperate to party and go out to bars again,
On this subject I wonder how I would be acting during this pandemic if I was in my early 20's trying to just get laid.
I mean look at this poo poo in Austin TX (ignore the fight bullshit)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQQg6N8QaXo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5pZ8LPTWP8

Just masses of people trying to suck & gently caress, pandemic be damned

Paradoxish posted:

but it's baffling how many people in their 30s+ are just utterly broken by all this. Like, you motherfuckers know that everything you were doing before the pandemic was boring as poo poo already, and now you're just upset that you couldn't figure out anything better to do with yourselves after an entire year.
:yeah: it's hilarious and frustrating as hell

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

CaptainBeefart posted:

Understood. Cheeks is the only club I've ever been to and it was fun. The way Diamonds works is definitely a hassle.

I actually like Concepts over the river in Indiana, I prefer a smaller club, but that one is a ridiculously small, also no liquor, only domestic bottles.

Concepts on the Kentucky side I haven't been to in years, but it just felt a bit rundown when I was there.

The Playpen in Kentucky, is definitely the kind of place you probably would hear horror stories from. Rundown and just scuzzy, but not the fun kind of scuzzy.

I still haven't been to The Brass rear end/Bull, but it's in such a high profile area, that just seems like a recipe for trouble IMHO.

I'd give anything to be able to just hop over to Michelle's Beach House, in Wichita, KS again

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

McCracAttack posted:

it's the cdc guideline for schools to be low risk, i.e., able to be open without any mitigation like masks and distancing

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Getting increasingly angry at all number nerds

Much like your anger, number goes up.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

please I need to post the new middle school sports guidance somewhere:

great job ignoring this completely for a page everyone but i just wanna make sure some1 with a report button saw this threadbanned OAF kramer in where he's not wanted :sweep:

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

HAHAHA INSLEE YOU rear end in a top hat
YOU DOING A PAUSE RATHER THAN REVERT BACK TO PHASE 2
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

I'm dead I'm loving dead. RIP
please don't forget to piss on my grave Inslee

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

U-DO Burger posted:

i dont really pay attention to the other threads, what happend in gbs

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Ahh neat the GBS covid thread got closed because a bunch of posters were harassing a woman over having Cave Syndrome. Has someone explained to the mods that this is a time to open 'er up, not close it down?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Our local officials' strategy was to never go to something easily defined like "Phase 2", instead we had a series of Phase 1B-3s each with "modifications" if limitations needed to be reimposed.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Yeah, that's right, I've got Cave Syndrome.. Nick Cave Syndrome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrxePKps87k

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

U-DO Burger posted:

i dont really pay attention to the other threads, what happend in gbs

I popped in to check. The woman who was getting bullied works in a funeral home iirc and is correctly concerned about open er up while some dude in the thread kept giving her poo poo about wanting to continue taking precautions.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Tzen posted:

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Looking forward to the upcoming variant reports :waycool:

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

the gbs thread is bad. unfortunately, as goes gbs, so goes america.

ricecult posted:

Also, I find it pretty funny that liberals are trying to paint people as mentally ill for having "cave syndrome" meanwhile talking about not stigmatizing mental health. Like "mental illness means being sad because you had to see someone wearing a mask on your cruise, people wearing masks outside are loving insane!"

it is also apparently a sign of mental illness to feel betrayed by a government that killed hundreds of thousands of people through neglect and open 'er upism

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Delta-Wye posted:

Looking forward to the upcoming variant reports :waycool:

They're going to stop reporting on variants aren't they?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Iron Crowned posted:

They're going to stop reporting on variants aren't they?

Well personally I think we should be concerned by all the variants:

-n95
-kf94
-surgical
-elastomeric
-homemade

They're all killing people after all.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

lmao boar guy is an actual npc

just mindlessly regurgitating the exact goddamn catchphrase

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

a lot of people are just going "BUT I DID MY TIME IN QUARANTINE AND NOW I GOT VACCINATED SO gently caress YOU I DO WHATEVER I WANT". gently caress, they've been screaming they did their time since last may. and because of them, good people will continue to die in droves. and there is nothing we can do about it other than sigh and rub our temples and keep dealing with the dead.

If nothing else, a few countries seem to be trending even better downward over the past few days. Hopefully that's not just weekend lows and it stays that way this week.

boar guy posted:

I mean this in all seriousness- you should consider speaking to a mental health professional.

boar guy posted:

FB is definitely rocking what sounds like some PTSD for having done so many funerals in such a short period of time

clearly a bit irrational

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Lacrosse posted:

I popped in to check. The woman who was getting bullied works in a funeral home iirc and is correctly concerned about open er up while some dude in the thread kept giving her poo poo about wanting to continue taking precautions.

jesus christ

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Salt Fish posted:

Well personally I think we should be concerned by all the variants:

-n95
-kf94
-surgical
-elastomeric
-homemade

They're all killing people after all.

the mental stress that i go through when i imagine that a masker is judging me is like death in many ways

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

He’s such a loving little twerp, don’t shove him in a locker. Shove him in a trash compactor.

The vaccine has not worked for me, I’m going in for blood work on Friday to confirm now that it’s been a month since my 2dn shot. I however, have to be extremely cautious still because of that but also because I have kids are who I vaccinated and because assholes around me refuse to be vaccinated or wear masks appropriately.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Tzen posted:

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

lol i was wondering how they'd change the metrics this time and instead he just says gently caress the plan

you got me good this time inslee

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

PAY PEOPLE

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
I'm gonna become the world's only single-issue "pay people to get vaxxed" voter

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

you can buy fake covid test results and vaccine cards on the internet lmao

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
so how long before vaccinations bottom out?

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

MattO posted:

and it's not like the $228k was eaten by the squid, it went to employ artists and craftspeople to make it and all manpower on materials etc

Even if it was, propriating the leviathan to ensure a safe fishing season is a good use of public funds.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
Getting the population from 50% to 75% vaccinated moves us from having herd immunity to a virus with an R of 2 to having herd immunity from a virus with an R of 4. Moving from 80% to 90% vaccinated moves us from 5 to 10. Makes u think. Pay people to get the vaxx.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

glenners need to be banished from cspam

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Slippery Nipple posted:

you can buy fake covid test results and vaccine cards on the internet lmao

How much are they going for?

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
https://twitter.com/GovInslee/status/1389645104634241025

Ah yes, it goes down at the end of the graph where we haven't collected data yet DUMB MOTHERFUCKERS

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Tzen posted:

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

lmao we're so loving hosed. Shits just gonna keep going up up up

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
I wanted to go check r/coronaviruswa to see antilockdown redditors take a victory lap but reddit appears to be down.

radium... good?

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Delta-Wye posted:

https://twitter.com/GovInslee/status/1389645104634241025

Ah yes, it goes down at the end of the graph where we haven't collected data yet DUMB MOTHERFUCKERS

the downward trend isn't just left there quietly as the implication its going down, they actually call attention to it. dumb dumb dumb.

Pitcher Witcher
Jan 13, 2020

I saw a vaccine delivery at my grocery store. Someone came in with a frozen box and all the managers started arguing about what to do with it since none of them have a key to the pharmacy to put it in the cold storage there.
They put it in the lead manager's office. Pharmacy opens at 11 am and this was at about 9:30 am. Cool.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Lacrosse posted:

the part of Well YOU are assuming I'M a MAN should be worth a ban on its own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Asproigerosis posted:

I've only had ONE patient who refused to unmask and it took us some time to explain to him that yes it'd be fine in the mri, but it would be literally impossible geometry wise for him to keep wearing his 3M elastomer for a brain mri because it wouldn't fit in the coil at all.

Weird how the only one was a sociopath half respirator wearer who should be seeing a therapist.

you should get him an account, he’d fit right in