Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
I think cyberpsychos are no longer insta-killed with the tranq and are now immune to the system reset hack.

Patch 1.2:

quote:

Cyberpsychos and minibosses are now immune to Tranquilizer rounds and System Reset Quickhack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

My Roy is a 20 Body punchman and I'm kind of bummed out there's only one finisher animation. I'm finding myself making human puzzles out of people with the Headsman more and more.

Edit: :nws: Spice up your life with a Mr. Studd Holodong :dong: :nws:

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 15:19 on May 3, 2021

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Welp. Pack it in. We've achieved Elder Scrolls levels.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

itry posted:

Welp. Pack it in. We've achieved Elder Scrolls levels.

Not until it has physics and a full suite of dongware including lockpicks.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Yes, but can you see your dong in first person?

itry
Aug 23, 2019

An Inspector Gadget penis sounds like something that could belong in Cyberpunk RED.

Bholder posted:

You should try it out and tell us.

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

Soon my all my dong dreams will come true :pervert:

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

itry posted:

An Inspector Gadget penis sounds like something that could belong in Cyberpunk RED.

guess what

itry
Aug 23, 2019

No way :allears:

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Bholder posted:

Most goons have trouble with this in real life so I'm not sure it's fair to expect it from a video game

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Soooo are the boxing missions a waste of loving time, just another broken piece of poo poo in this game? Holy gently caress, think you're well clear of an attack then the guy loving magnetizes to you directly from midair.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Can you pick up thrown daggers yet?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

codo27 posted:

Soooo are the boxing missions a waste of loving time, just another broken piece of poo poo in this game? Holy gently caress, think you're well clear of an attack then the guy loving magnetizes to you directly from midair.

If you're dead set on beating them, set the game to easy and install gorilla arms with the burn mod; burning them to death with gorilla punch is still counted as a legit win. Even with a full melee damage spec the fights are bullshit. There used to be a trick where you could drop a melee weapon outside the arena and pick it up during the fight but I don't know if it still works.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Using gorilla arms is legit because your opponents aren't exactly unaugmented gonks, either.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Oops, didn't check on Barry soon enough

Managed to beat the twin fuckers but I wanted to kill them anyway after but the game wont let me. Also completed another mission where I'm sposed to get a free reward from a ripperdoc but just seems like there is no way to actually do that when I talk to him or browse what he has.

Then I ran back home to see if I could use any of the high level guns I had I was previously locked out of. Every gun in my stash shows 0dps. Exit game.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Vendor rewards will often be $0 purchases instead of being handed over in dialogue. So you have to check their stock for it, very clunky.

Don't trust any DPS numbers in your stash. Don't trust any DPS numbers in your inventory. Don't trust any DPS numbers if you don't have the weapon equipped and out - as in, in your hand ready to shoot. So draw the weapon then check DPS, then don't trust the numbers anyway.

Just switching equipped weapon and looking at your inventory will show the numbers swing.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Yeah, I don't know if they fixed it, but especially if you went deep into the crafting tree and took the bonuses to crafted items, the inventory screen would often bug out and either not show you the improved stats or only show them after you unequip/requip several times.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

UnknownMercenary posted:

If you're dead set on beating them, set the game to easy and install gorilla arms with the burn mod; burning them to death with gorilla punch is still counted as a legit win. Even with a full melee damage spec the fights are bullshit. There used to be a trick where you could drop a melee weapon outside the arena and pick it up during the fight but I don't know if it still works.

I spent about 2 hours reloading autosaves on the Razor fight before finally getting him down with blocking + riposting and running to a corner during his windup and hoping he doesn't warp to me, all while my girlfriend laughed at me. Beat the Brat is the loving worst mission set. Ozob is cool tho, and way easier than Razor despite coming after him :confused:

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Splorange posted:

Soon my all my dong dreams will come true :pervert:

it’s a city of dreams...and i’m a big dreamer

Kadath
Aug 17, 2004

Put Your 'Lectric Eye On Me, Babe
Grimey Drawer
I used the cyberware that lets you go into bullet time on a dodge and a few mods that increased bullet time duration and warped around behind the boxer dude any time he swung at me. Still took a bunch of tries since even at max level with crazy armor he could kill me in two solid hits. Not sure if theyve rebalanced any of that in the recent patches. I really stuck it out as a point of personal pride, and because i wanted to make Vic proud god drat it.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Beat on the Brat isn't that bad so long as you bring a decent melee arsenal (for hackers, this means a basic Kerenzekov, Legendary Shock and the cyberware that causes EMP blasts when someone hits you), and understand what you're supposed to do - dodge and block until they put up their fists to guard, then knock them silly with a charge attack and keep hammering them until they try to shove you away. Rinse and repeat. The only way to mess up is by getting greedy.

Roshnak
Jul 22, 2007
Also gorilla arms make the fights significantly easier since they seem to let you block their otherwise unblockable attacks.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

The boxing missions are a lot more manageable once you get gorilla arms and realize that you should dodge their power attacks that expose them to damage. The tough ones are Ozob and the last guy.

The last fight has some neat color around the spectators.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

Kadath posted:

I used the cyberware that lets you go into bullet time on a dodge and a few mods that increased bullet time duration and warped around behind the boxer dude any time he swung at me. Still took a bunch of tries since even at max level with crazy armor he could kill me in two solid hits. Not sure if theyve rebalanced any of that in the recent patches. I really stuck it out as a point of personal pride, and because i wanted to make Vic proud god drat it.

Yeah, I was using Gorilla Arms and near max level myself. That fight is just tough but worth it.

I agreed to throw the fight and then beat the poo poo out of him anyhow which made Coach Fred lose his poo poo. Then the next day he pretended nothing happened and called me up for the Ozob fight :v:

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
I thought the ozob fight was before the pro boxer?

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

Pattonesque posted:

I thought the ozob fight was before the pro boxer?

For me it wasn't, which is maybe why it was so jank

DoggesAndCattes
Aug 2, 2007

UnknownMercenary posted:

There used to be a trick where you could drop a melee weapon outside the arena and pick it up during the fight but I don't know if it still works.

This is how I won the final fight against the pro-boxer. I dropped a katana in the ring before the fight. Once it started, picked up the katana and hacked away at him. This was back in January, so no idea if this has been fixed, too.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
In those quests, letting you use weapons in the fight should be the fix. The last guy, I noticed from the amount of damage I was doing and the percentage his health bar went down by that he had something in the region of one hundred thousand hit points. I just threw the fight rather than try to stick and move for the fifteen minutes it would have taken to put down a guy who can two-shot me

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Nap Ghost
Another departure from the Witcher 1 days.

https://www.pcgamer.com/the-witcher-3-director-has-left-cd-projekt-red-after-workplace-bullying-investigation/

quote:

Konrad Tomaszkiewicz, who served as director of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and as second director and head of production on Cyberpunk 2077, has left CD Projekt Red. Bloomberg reports that Tomaszkiewicz was the subject of a lengthy internal investigation based on accusations of bullying. While a commission formed for the investigation found him not guilty, Tomaszkiewicz still chose to resign from his job.

Tomaszkiewicz wrote in an email to CD Projekt Red's staff that despite being cleared, "a lot of people are feeling fear, stress, or discomfort when working with me." He left with an apology "for all the bad blood" he caused, and said he planned to work to change his behavior.

The Witcher 3 director was a long-time CD Projekt Red employee, with credits stretching back to story design on 2007's The Witcher, the studio's first game. He served as lead quest designer on The Witcher 2 before taking on the director role for The Witcher 3 and its expansions Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine. On Cyberpunk 2077, he first held the title of design director, before eventually moving into the position of vice president of game development at CD Projekt Red.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
its really starting to seem like CDPR is run by a bunch of sophomoric, rich assholes

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I'd like to see a documentary about dev culture back in the 90s compared to what its become since ~2005-7 when gaming became just another soulless money making venture

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

codo27 posted:

I'd like to see a documentary about dev culture back in the 90s compared to what its become since ~2005-7 when gaming became just another soulless money making venture
honestly (as someone in game dev in the 90s), it wasn't better

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

codo27 posted:

It's important to note that while the industry is undeniably different than it was in the 90s, it was still big business. It was emerging from the arcade era which had its own cash grabs.

There's a lot written about Dragons Lair for instance.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

:confused:

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Is this a joke post

Because holy poo poo

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

TheAgent posted:

honestly (as someone in game dev in the 90s), it wasn't better

John Romero's going to make you his bitch

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

codo27 posted:

There is an amazing episode in an otherwise mediocre TV show, Mythic Quest, that kind of shows this in a dramatic way. Season 1 Episode 5, it is unlike any other episode of the show and is more of a mini self contained movie.

https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/mythic-quest-rob-mcelhenney-episode-5-dark-quiet-death/

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Mendrian posted:

Is this a joke post

Because holy poo poo

Nope.

But some searching shows that other Avast users having a similar issue getting updates from Steam. Probably a false positive because everything else seems a little far-fetched.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Not to be mean, but is there a point to using any antivirus besides the built in windows av?

I pirate stuff off and on and even then I haven't felt the need for a backup AV since 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Nap Ghost
For most users MS AV is probably Good Enough but once you're in corporate owned asset territory or you're doing a lot of really Bad Things daily things change considerably and I'd start to lean toward more sophisticated software that isn't advertised to you at the airport even though that's where they're going to advertise because lol corporate decision making. With that said, my daily driver is my work laptop and with the software my company writes it basically stops ransomware attacks and a solid overwhelming majority of attacks that even nation states use (it can help stop zero days for stuff like RCE and RPE), which I know MS AV won't do particularly well until you start paying a lot of money.

Source: work at a security software vendor