Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

VectorSigma posted:

my 2nd pfizer shot is in 2 hours and i have vaccine impatiency

Hell yeah get that juice brother

-HH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Glumwheels posted:

This guy is such a loser chud along with his dumbass wife, dc examiner is a joke and worse than the ny post

Why do bankers need to be in the office when they’re perfectly capable of ruining peoples lives and the economy from the comfort of their homes

when they're at home there isn't anyone to say "yes sir" and "please sir" and "thank you sir"

a handful of maids doing it isn't enough, there needs to be at least a few dozen people doing it all day long, in public, and they need 2 see ur fancy suit and car and helicopter and yacht and be jealous of you and ur superior lifestyle and intellect

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

MadJackal posted:

I'm basically relegated to discussing J&J as leverage to get people to get either Pfizer or Moderna instead because those don't have the any bad association other than vague "side effects."

man that's another thing. no one knows about side effects outside of what they read about in Facebook. when I was telling my team that they all had an extra day of PTO added for vaccination, one person said, "wait, like I might need the day off after my second shot? it could be that bad??"

just a massive hole of knowledge waiting to be filled with fb bullshit

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Bullfrog posted:

the entire pandemic as well as this thread has always had big DF vibes

Do dwarves that do not need alcohol to get through the day even exist

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
I didn't need to take the day off after my shot but I did it anyway, gently caress work.

floffytoffy
Mar 10, 2007

a cat am I
I'm taking the day after my shot off right now

My bones hurt

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

U-DO Burger posted:

gently caress waiting, march in there and take what's rightfully yours

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Thoguh posted:

I propose that vaccine hesitancy is real but diminishing and if they wanted to make further inroads right now it would be by going after people who are fine getting vaccinated but either are lazy or have barriers to being able to make an appointment. Get out there and offer jabs at work and at home, promise to come back every day for multiple weeks to make sure people know it'll be just as easy to get the second jab.

Biden announced today they're going to push Walgreens and CVS to do 100% no appointment walk ins and also pour money into pop up and mobile clinics

just lol that it hasn't been that way for the last 3 months. gently caress them poors I guess

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

VectorSigma posted:

my 2nd pfizer shot is in 2 hours and i have vaccine impatiency

Take a long nap and I bet u wake up owned

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Admiral Ray posted:

I didn't need to take the day off after my shot but I did it anyway, gently caress work.
:haibrow:

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

i burned a week of pto cause gently caress gettin covid the week after shot 2

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Admiral Ray posted:

I scheduled my second shot for a Friday like a fool, like an absolute moron.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Epic High Five posted:

Do dwarves that do not need alcohol to get through the day even exist

those are probably vampires in disguise

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

U-DO Burger posted:

gently caress waiting, march in there and take what's rightfully yours

the oregon convention center appointments are closer to suggestions than anything lol

i just walked in like an hour and a half early and got mine

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

my first shot proved to me that i still had antibodies 6 months after covid, so i doubt i'll be surprised by the second

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
lol just the absolute loving worst

https://twitter.com/AnaCabrera/status/1389614789966667777?s=19

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

now this is how you cause childhood depression to spike lmao

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

this is the world that libs want

lol

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

:d2a:

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Lmao

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
snow days: canx

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/firewaterbby/status/1389636982888873985

wow look at this sick communist freak

lmao ur supposed to turn the kids into soulless worker drones, not respect them

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

Google Butt posted:

Take a long nap and I bet u wake up owned

Yeah I had my second shot at 8am and went to work after and felt fine. Then that night I went to bed and had intense fever dreams about holding angles in csgo and sweating through my bedsheets

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Sphyre posted:

Yeah I had my second shot at 8am and went to work after and felt fine. Then that night I went to bed and had intense fever dreams about holding angles in csgo and sweating through my bedsheets

holding corners against those fiendish spike proteins.

kind of hosed up that the immune system freaks out when it sees covid. has it tried therapy instead of cytokine storm?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I actually think that our level of vaccination combined with a large chunk of people still maintaining masking/distancing/staying mostly home is having a marked impact even with under half the population vaxxed and it would be incredibly stupid to assume that means that the decreases we are seeing would hold if we went full open biden at our current level of vaccination since all those activities decrease the R_0 considerably, which in turn reduces the level of vaccination you need to reach in order to get results.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Thoguh posted:

I actually think that our level of vaccination combined with a large chunk of people still maintaining masking/distancing/staying mostly home is having a marked impact even with under half the population vaxxed and it would be incredibly stupid to assume that means that the decreases we are seeing would hold if we went full open biden at our current level of vaccination since all those activities decrease the R_0 considerably, which in turn reduces the level of vaccination you need to reach in order to get results.

naw, my kiddos are going to daycare so i can go to brunch (safely) and my early evening suck'n'gently caress session (also safely). sounds like you are mentally ill for suggesting otherwise, actually.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

lol I'm sure every teacher loves to suddenly have to adapt their lesson plan to a completely different format at the weather's whims

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Mr Hootington posted:

Months back the CDC changed the positive criteria make it so whatever needed to be detected to determine if you had covid had to be at higher levels. Since then the number of covid positives has gone down.

:)

That never got conclusively proven, there was weird poo poo about pcr cycles changing in canada and elsewhere but everyone hid behind "follow manufacturer guidelines" and refused to confirm or deny anything

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

if snow days are over because remote learning works so well, then kids should remote-learn when they stay home sick. it only makes sense, folks,

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
open daaaaa Biden

https://mobile.twitter.com/klefurgy/status/1389629018907955200

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

MadJackal posted:

I am flat out telling you that I've had to give up on trying to convince people to consider getting the J&J vaccine because of the concern about clots. It's radioactive to some people even after going over the 1 : 7.2 million fatality rate.

I'm basically relegated to discussing J&J as leverage to get people to get either Pfizer or Moderna instead because those don't have the any bad association other than vague "side effects."

it's pretty funny your response to a chart clearly noting that vaccine hesitancy was consistent before the J&J pause is to regale people with some idiotic anecdote as if that somehow trumps the fact there's a built in ceiling of our population that will never get a vaccine under their own volition

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

Cloks posted:

lol I'm sure every teacher loves to suddenly have to adapt their lesson plan to a completely different format at the weather's whims

I wonder if I were in that situation if I'd just burn a sick day at the latest possible moment. They'd probably pull in an emergency sub or something, but it might give the kids at least some freedom in the morning to screw around watching Tiktok videos or something.

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Stop trying to make "covid independence day" happen. It's not going to happen.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Thoguh posted:

right. the amount of vaccine in the population you need to reduce community spread is based on contagiousness, but that number fluctuates on behavior too. At our current level of Applebees, we may in fact see reduced transmission at 50% with at least one shot. But as we Applebees harder there are more opportunities for infection, increasing the effective contagiousness and consequently requiring more vaccines to make an equivalent impact.

there's also the issue of homogeneous communities. if 50% of people are vaccinated, but the unvaccinated population has 99% of their contacts with other unvaccinated people, the virus is just going to rip through that population. that may seem exaggeration that an unvaccinated person would have so many of their contacts with other unvaccinated people when the entire population is at 50%, but i'm obviously talking about kids in schools

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
top reply on the news story about WA pausing phase changes to protect king county from reality:

dipshits on reddit have decided that the 2 week pause for king county is enough time for us to convince the rural regions of the state to get their vaccination rates up, as if vaccination rates in rural areas will reduce the king county case counts :psyduck: everyone is dumb, i can't wait for us to be sprung free from this communal mortal coil

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Schmeichy posted:

well I mean it’s definitely gonna happen

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Schmeichy posted:

lmao its totally happening

there going to do those fireworks that spell poo poo

US A

C O V \ D

O vE R

and people are going to go fuckin nuts

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

good god, by next month the curve will be negative as the percentage of people vaccinated declines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

cool, so the first half of the school year is pretty much guaranteed to be not fully vaccinated with no remote option and no mitigation measures