Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
I still can't believe the DOPS suspended Wilson for the ZAR hit and then lets him get away with so much worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

ThinkTank posted:

Patrik Berglund has been arrested in Sweden for sexual assault and domestic violence.

https://twitter.com/alexa_potack/status/1389962621294678020?s=19

What the hell Bergy?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

huh

https://twitter.com/nyp_brooksie/status/1390015050275041281?s=21

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/NYP_Brooksie/status/1390015050275041281?s=19

Whoa

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

The Rangers gotta get a tougher front office, Tom Wilson would never get away with this if there were a plausible threat of a barn fight.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Did they seriously fire one of the best GMs in the league because the team complained about the lack of suspension to Tom Wilson?

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Given that the tear down was carefully planned and I thought was considered to be well-executed, this seems surprising.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

E: lmao way loving beaten

but yeah the Rags rebuild seemed to be going really well overall. This is wild

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
Jesus Christ. This is bad

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Lmao they fired the good guys and are going to replace them with what? hahaha

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Rangers :wtc:

JARMO GET THE JD.

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

I suspected Gorton would go this summer along with Quinn but I’m shocked about JD

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli/status/1390015608713097216

hahahahahahahaha

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Dear Francesco Aquilini,

Please for the love of god fire Jim Benning right now and hire Jeff Gorton. He will not be on the market long and I want to see a playoff game sometime in the next decade.

All the best,
ThinkTank

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
good lord please fire benning and hire gorton immediately

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
Thank you Tom Wilson

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

:psyduck:

Nothing makes sense, I dunno

ThinkTank posted:

Dear Francesco Aquilini,

Please for the love of god fire Jim Benning right now and hire Jeff Gorton. He will not be on the market long and I want to see a playoff game sometime in the next decade.

All the best,
ThinkTank

Well, let me have this hope. I know it won't happen.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
OMG Ranger drama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Good God Tom Wilson got two executives fired

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

The hire of JD was the turning point for the CBJ as a franchise (and if you think I'm exaggerating, read Mike Priest's Athletic interview).

Getting him back would be yuuuuuge.

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli/status/1390015608713097216?s=20

They got fired for not agreeing with the tweet?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/1390017488444870660

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The Devils should hire JD. He's a good culture changer.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Rangers General Manager Pierre McGuire

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

th3t00t posted:

They got fired for not agreeing with the tweet?

The wrath of Dolan

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/1390017488444870660

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/Kurt_BSH/status/1390017897993576450

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

"Well, we're two years into Artemi Panarin as a Ranger and were gifted a generational talent because the NHL but haven't won a Cup, so let's blow it the gently caress up again."

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I wish the Pens hadn't hired Burke and Hextall...
Gorton did some loving magic with that bloated rangers roster even if it hasn't paid off yet

Ah well. They're in division so I hope some moron comes in and doubles down on big dumb grinders

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
At least 2/3rds of the league should seriously considering firing their GMs and hiring Gorton. Dude has done great work in New York in only a few years.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Broke: signing a player to fight Tom Wilson
Woke: hiring a GM to fight Brian MacLellan

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

LOL Tom Wilson boarded the entire Rangers franchise.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

man wtf. the rebuild seemed to be going great, from my super casually paying attention to hockey anymore given my weird hours vantage point.

also gently caress tom wilson

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

grack posted:

At least 2/3rds of the league should seriously considering firing their GMs and hiring Gorton. Dude has done great work in New York in only a few years.

His six months in charge was 100% responsible for the Bruins cup too, yet Chiarelli and Benning somehow got all the credit in managerial circles.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
If Bettman really demanded their heads for publicly insulting Parros (which the timing makes it hard to believe is not the case) they won't be working for any NHL team for a couple years, their asses are blackballed.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
What. The. gently caress. Just. Happened.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I love this dumb loving league so much sometimes lmao

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I mean, I'm glad Drury is staying but WHAT THE FUUUUUCKKKK

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

That escalated in an New York Minute.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Matt Zerella posted:

What. The. gently caress. Just. Happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

ThinkTank posted:

His six months in charge was 100% responsible for the Bruins cup too, yet Chiarelli and Benning somehow got all the credit in managerial circles.

Yeah in his 6 months as Bruins GM he signed Chara and Savard, traded for Rask, and drafted Kessel, Lucic, and Marchand. Dude is a very good GM and it's hilarious the Rangers fired him.