Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
i mean even if it reduces our chances of winning the cup, at this point i'm all for getting someone to try to gently caress up Tom Wilson. but Gorton is cursed to not be able to see the fruits of another set of great moves. i hope Drury has studied well.

and i'm really shocked about firing John Davidson too, he's one of the most loved people connected to the organization. but Dolan did get into a public spat with even charles fuckin oakley so this is at least parity with that I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
This makes me so happy.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

https://twitter.com/downgoesbrown/status/1390024850761293829?s=21

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The beginning of the Rangers game tonight is must see TV.

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

Apparently Drury and Quinn are friends. So, we'll see how that plays out.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

JD and the Slap Shot

mods plsssss

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Eric the Mauve posted:

If Jack Eichel and his agent have a brain in their heads their level of enthusiasm for getting traded to the Rangers just dropped to zero.

Bruins here we come baby

This move might actually mean the Rangers are going to try to get him at any cost. They have his college coach from BU, a GM who was also a star at BU and Sabres captain, plus an owner who is adamant on winning now rather than rebuilding further. In a league where coaches get hired by their college roommate decades later and players hate rebuilding, it's possible.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/wyshynski/status/1390024693667741696?s=20

actually would bet money on this. i wonder if any sites are taking bets on next Rangers HC. i would not be surprised. JD loves/loved Torts, it's like the last time he's meddled with the org

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Zodijackylite posted:

This move might actually mean the Rangers are going to try to get him at any cost. They have his college coach from BU, a GM who was also a star at BU and Sabres captain, plus an owner who is adamant on winning now rather than rebuilding further. In a league where coaches get hired by their college roommate decades later and players hate rebuilding, it's possible.

Yes I'm sure they will, but he's an idiot if he jailbreaks out of Buffalo only to jump into the clusterfuck the Rangers are about to become. Where he will be in all likelihood subject to the Phil Kessel Toronto Experience because when a big media market's team sucks its press inevitably starts blaming its best player for the suckitude.

e: If by "next Rangers head coach" you mean for 2021-22, it will be David Quinn

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Did Dolan just realize the Rangers have like 13 million dollars in dead space this year? did he really expect them to contend?

WeaponX fucked around with this message at 21:08 on May 5, 2021

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Eric the Mauve posted:

Yes I'm sure they will, but he's an idiot if he jailbreaks out of Buffalo only to jump into the clusterfuck the Rangers are about to become. Where he will be in all likelihood subject to the Phil Kessel Toronto Experience because when a big media market's team sucks its press inevitably starts blaming its best player for the suckitude.

e: If by "next Rangers head coach" you mean for 2021-22, it will be David Quinn

Plus if the changes are because the team lacks grit and toughness, you're not trading for Jack Eichel

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Plus if the changes are because the team lacks grit and toughness, you're not trading for Jack Eichel

Clearly the Rangers should trade for Antoine Roussel

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
this poo poo is ridiculous

fire benning

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
There has to be something else to this right? I mean why do this with three games left and not after the season is over?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/NYP_Brooksie/status/1390034048253403142

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Rangers HFBoards posted:

This firing happened because the Boss was clearly upset with what he saw and he issued a very strong statement. JD and Groton have to line up behind him like good soliders. Dolan commands this family right or wrong. JD and Groton forgot that fact and they got whacked.

__________________________________________/

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Not Rangers related but

https://twitter.com/thebuffalonews/status/1389873793280225282?s=21

Sabres games have been awful for years. The fan experience sucks, the arena is in disrepair and the food is massively overpriced. Not to mention the on ice product. However,

https://twitter.com/dinsinna14/status/1389982476383162372?s=21

This was a real thing that happened during a TV timeout and if that isn’t like peak Pegula-era Sabres idk what is.

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015
This is how I received the news:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Tom Wilson and his fuckin whuore motha should have dere kneecaps broken in da trunk of a Cadillac. lets go Rangers baby love da rangers

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Tom Wilson gets a GM and a President of Hockey fired, holy poo poo you can’t make this poo poo up!

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Cocaine Bear posted:

What the gently caress is even going on. Hard to tell without hindsight (that's we'll never get now lol), but that looked like one of the most well planned out, well timed, and we'll executed rebuilds. This is just bonkers. If it was just one of em I'd expect sex pest stuff but :iiam:

Anyway, Nill, it's time to step down, please!

Dude bought himself another 5 years with that fluke cup run.

Stars most playoff wins of any team in the league over the last 3 season don't you know!!!!

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Not Rangers related but

https://twitter.com/thebuffalonews/status/1389873793280225282?s=21

Sabres games have been awful for years. The fan experience sucks, the arena is in disrepair and the food is massively overpriced. Not to mention the on ice product. However,

This was a real thing that happened during a TV timeout and if that isn’t like peak Pegula-era Sabres idk what is.

i can't stop laughing at this good lord

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Zodijackylite posted:

Welcome back to New York, Dylan McIlrath.

You want Marc Staal back too? Veteran Leadership! For the low low price of a second round pick!

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Matt Zerella posted:

Tom Wilson and his fuckin whuore motha should have dere kneecaps broken in da trunk of a Cadillac. lets go Rangers baby love da rangers

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Chris Drury was a candidate, allegedly the top candidate, for the Penguins GM job back in February. He stated he wasn't interested in leaving the Rangers, and a few days later they promoted him to associate GM. When this happens, there's usually either a succession plan or the guy is leaving. It seems this move was already happening this offseason, and recent events just accelerated it.

It looks like a really bad move in the moment, especially the timing of it, but I think highly of Chris Drury.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/mollieewalkerr/status/1390038748126195713?s=21

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

Cartoon Man posted:

Tom Wilson gets a GM and a President of Hockey fired, holy poo poo you can’t make this poo poo up!

If you believe the Twitter sphere it was actually Dolan who orchestrated that statement. JD / Groton were a blindsided by it and against it.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I thought that was more because the offer was to be GM under Team President Brian Burke and Drury rightly did not want anything to do with that.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Rangers gonna be dressing like 1950s greasers to away games from now on.

Like the Broadway Cats stars at home games.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I was actually at this game, and it was incredible. Unless this happened more once, which would honestly be even better.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

there will never come a day I do not laugh at this loving picture

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

this is so loving funny

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

what's the good gm/prez list now? sakic, yzerman, waddell and brisebois? maybe mcphee and francis?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/NHLPlayerSafety/status/1390040728160677889

this is gonna fly under the radar and it's a fair suspension, but also hilarious in light of... other things

https://twitter.com/charlieo_conn/status/1390041724362317826

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
the 1980s oilers didn't win because they had four of the best ten players on the planet, they won it in the trenches

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

ImplicitAssembler posted:

https://www.markerzone.com/news/index.php?40432&fbclid=IwAR1zlk-ETS2lugOzllQ1ZgQppSA_uvPViRi_XqZJNBlA8-7matN0T8WG2zM

Lucic waived his NMC for the expansion draft. Guess he really wants to get back to the West Coast.

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

GOD NO

FRANCIS YOU BETTER loving NOT

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I mean, Dolan, Jeff already signed someone willing to be pugilistic to stick up for his teammates. You just didn't use him right.

https://www.hockeyfights.com/players/5580

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

DJExile posted:

there will never come a day I do not laugh at this loving picture

i went to exactly one game at the old garden when I was a kid and there was a guy who looked like this who brought sunglasses and a blind person cane. he would stand up and make, uh, movements amd noises whenever a penalty was called on the Rangers. it was a hit in the blue seats

i tagged along to a lot of devils-flyers games with TBone and Ginette and there were always dudes who looked like that fistfighting. every time, both fan bases

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

Duke Chin posted:

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

GOD NO

FRANCIS YOU BETTER loving NOT

his cap hit sucks but his actual salary is basically nothing and he only has 2 years left. i can see the kraken taking him just to get to the cap floor and maybe move him to a contender with a clueless gm at the deadline season after next