Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

shark cat confirmed.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Gura's cat ears would have been better if her costume reveal was done before Kiara's, Kiara having not just cat ears but a tail too kind of made this a bit less fun. Her new costume is awesome though at least.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

This catfish is too cute. Top tier tiger shark

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Worklurker posted:

Is it just me or is one of the cat ears clipping badly?

Yeah it's been doing it from the start which is why I think they're just an optional thing for Gura's bit and not a permanent part of the costume.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Hahaha yeah people absolutely do leave after the money shot.

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD

Mokinokaro posted:

Yeah it's been doing it from the start which is why I think they're just an optional thing for Gura's bit and not a permanent part of the costume.

Like she said, she'll be speaking in cat when wearing the ears, so it's not an all the time thing

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Supremezero posted:

I think it got close but not quite, just before it tanked after she was finished showing.

That’s everyone tabbing away to draw fan art.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I wonder if she had any other accessories to her new outfit. It would be a bit sad if that's all there is.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

I think that's all there is, since it sounds like Gura is wrapping up

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Eh, she seems super happy with it regardless.

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD
there is a slight glitch in the rigging, right where the ruffle on her shirt meets her chest, where you can see the superchat colors bleeding through from the background

it was really only visible when she was zoomed in super close so not a huge deal, though

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Huh, surprised she didn't have any variations or accessories to show.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Why did they put the least effort in on the most popular girl why are they like this?

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
You'd think they would go all-out with Gura's outfit and accessories, we didn't even glasses for the meme.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

HellCopter posted:

You'd think they would go all-out with Gura's outfit and accessories, we didn't even glasses for the meme.

Maybe she's just so nervous she forgot lol

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
I assume gura didn’t want them

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
The rigging errors almost make me think it's unfinished and we'll see iterations on it later.

antisocial democrat
Mar 28, 2007

I am a sick man... I am a spiteful man. I am an unattractive man. I believe my liver is diseased.
The design was good, but the rigging... Wow, is there any chance they will fix it? I think this stream proves that Gura is an institution and an incredibly valuable IP, so I hope they can get somebody to make that look like it took more than 5 minutes.

Also, I'm pretty surprised there's no customization or accessories. Bizarre.

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

Yeah it's super weird there's no variations on that costume except maybe a potential ears/no ears setting.

There's always a chance sharkbrain got too excited about the cat ears and forgot to show any other options. The last costume that had so few options is iirc PPT's new years kimono with just Hamster ears or no hamster ears, so it's not exactly unprecedented.

Kata-Haro fucked around with this message at 01:59 on May 7, 2021

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD
Yeah I'd assume it's up to the talents to request accessories from their artists, I don't think cover decides who gets what in this case

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back
I'm guessing they ran into some kind of problems or delays getting it drawn and rigged and ended up not having the time to go wild with it before the deadline. Or something. The gap between this and the other outfits is so big that it's hard to believe it's an intentional plan and not a result of production issues.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Probably a combination of Gura's mama not adding them in and her not asking for stuff.

Out of all the reveal streams, I'm most excited about Ame's, not because of what it will look like, but what type of shenanigans she's going to do to reveal it.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Compared to everything Kiara got it's pretty bizarre. I mean Kiara even got a Cat Tail.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I think it’s been confirmed that they get a say in their alternate outfits, because they’ve been very on point for everyone so far. Except for Kanata. We know what she likes to wear and her new outfit is way too good looking.

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

Compared to everything Kiara got it's pretty bizarre. I mean Kiara even got a Cat Tail.
Huke loves his phoenix daughter and Keffiy is a machine of a vtube modeler, so not that surprising to me that Kiara got a bunch of accessories to play with.

Willias
Sep 3, 2008
Someone on reddit pointed out that you can see the background behind the vtuber model at the collar of her shirt.

It's a cute design, but Gura got shafted on the rigging.

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD

Just a weird little spot, but I'm sure they can roll out minor updates without much effort.

Also Mel has been watching all of the new outfits

https://twitter.com/yozoramel/status/1390470055264088066

mekyabetsu
Dec 17, 2018

antisocial democrat posted:

The design was good, but the rigging... Wow, is there any chance they will fix it? I think this stream proves that Gura is an institution and an incredibly valuable IP, so I hope they can get somebody to make that look like it took more than 5 minutes.

Don’t worry, I expect that Cover will quickly circle the wagons on this and get level-set on how to get the most buy-in on their core competencies’ outside the box verticals.

Merv Burger
Jan 3, 2008

Mokinokaro posted:

The rigging errors almost make me think it's unfinished and we'll see iterations on it later.

Sure they can, but this is their biggest talent. You do not half-rear end it in these kinds of situations.

antisocial democrat
Mar 28, 2007

I am a sick man... I am a spiteful man. I am an unattractive man. I believe my liver is diseased.

mekyabetsu posted:

Don’t worry, I expect that Cover will quickly circle the wagons on this and get level-set on how to get the most buy-in on their core competencies’ outside the box verticals.

They definitely need to empower their Human Resources to synergize on this and circle back.

No but seriously, why are they so bad at this.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
https://twitter.com/Shin_umiushi_O/status/1390474532712960001?s=20

The cat ears do in fact come off.

Edit: Ooof, people are expressing their displeasure in the comments regarding the rigging.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I have no idea what people are talking about even when looking at that still picture a few posts up.

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010
Sometimes there are scheduling conflicts, or unforeseen issues come up, or just real life stuff happens. They'll do adjustments and then give Gura the new model. It's really not that big a deal.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/P2yjp/status/1390470143751323649?s=20

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD

Viridiant posted:

I have no idea what people are talking about even when looking at that still picture a few posts up.

here this might help

again it's just small gaps that aren't actually all that bad, but in specific circumstances stand out

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Viridiant posted:

If you look at where her neck meets her frilly collar, you can see a bit of red from a superchat poking through

Edit: yeah what the person above me said

antisocial democrat
Mar 28, 2007

The thing that bugs me more than the hole is the bizarre face distortion when she turns it from side to side. Looks like a flat mask or something.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
This is the price we must pay for none of the other HoloEN streams being scuffed.

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD
oh poo poo mouse leaking her new outfit

holy poo poo it's non-gremlin ironmouse????? (spoilered link if you don't want to wait until the actual debut in a few days) new outfit

ok she just showed full body and it's basically lingerie bondage ironmouse which is very on brand

Wudz fucked around with this message at 02:30 on May 7, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

The ears are more noticeable, her left ear just looks like it's not even attached