Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

carbon steel supremacy. flat iron steak was on sale

cleaned the stove 2 days ago and it already needs it again :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
old school fuckin electric coils ❤️

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

rotor posted:

kiss my rear end

my wife knows how to make wontons via family recipe. wontons are extremely good when fresh made

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Kenny Logins posted:

my wife knows how to make wontons via family recipe. wontons are extremely good when fresh made

love a good wonton

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

it's friday night, post your dinners

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

echinopsis posted:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
lmao hot knife tattoos good grief

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
made some fake carbonara (bacon not guancale)

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mediaphage posted:

lmao hot knife tattoos good grief

drat. we call that “doing spots” and once some guy I was buying weed off, and this story is no lie I’m not exaggerating, was about to sell me the strongest weed I had ever smoked, and made me do FIVE spots of it before I bought some. I remember doing the last one and sitting down and there was a flower on the table and it took up my entire vision and I moved so slow.
It was the highest I’ve ever been and by miles. after a minute I had settled down to just being incredible high but no longer was my perception so altered. wow.

i’ve gotten high enough to alter my visual perception with weed only a few times out of the thousands of times i’ve gotten high. i’ve never really read anyone else describe my experience

it’s not like hallucination, and if you think of your vision as two things, one the raw image and two your brains filter on top that shows a face is a face etc, it was like that part was being massively distorted. I remember looking at my brother when this happened, which only lasts a couple of mins before you come down to just super high, but he looked like a muppet. features were distorted, but you can tell it’s not on the raw image layer where this is happening but in the perception layer that defines what things are. well that’s how it seems in my mind. very few tales of people and weed and this perceptual change, also I imagine a lot of people say “weed can’t do that” and so shut down the convo

when I first started getting high as a late teen, it used to be such a profound and huge change to my consciousness. it’s almost never like that anymore. different from psychedelics but definitely comparable in intensity. used to make music sound soooooooooo good. now it’s ok.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Stringent posted:

made some fake carbonara (bacon not guancale)

man i could go for some good rear end cacio e pepe

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

echinopsis posted:

good enough to heat up a knife to “solder” to repair/mend capacitor legs.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

don’t smoke weed imo

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
we dont get arrested for it in this state

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

he just said don’t smoke it

so many delightful options these days

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i fully 100% support legalisation for all recreational drugs and am totally down with you do you

but, don’t smoke weed imo

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

mediaphage posted:

he just said don’t smoke it

so many delightful options these days

my health class/gym/math teacher told me about a kid two towns over that injected marihuana only once and then killed a bunch of people by jumping off a roof because he thought he could fly.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Gentle Autist posted:

i fully 100% support legalisation for all recreational drugs and am totally down with you do you

but, don’t smoke weed imo

decrim for sure but what would legalisation of drugs really look like?

I don’t necessarily think a punishment model is correct to disuade use, but i’ve met A LOT of drug addicted people and it absolutely dominates their life like nothing else ever could, and reducing access as much as possible is paramount. obv this includes plenty of money for help etc etc but it’s difficult to
imagine a world where people have better access to highly addictive drugs but have less problems due to it.

also when people talk about legalising drugs does anyone wonder if that means dr no longer needs to write rx for amiodarone people can just get any drug they want just by asking?

weed specially thc is probably not very good for levels of psychosis across society and the free market approach that is seen in colorado from the outside looks disturbing, drugs shouldn’t be treated how society treats alcohol, as far as openly advertised and available, there should never be a place for encouraging someone to use more drugs. all of this is compatible with accepting legalisation is the best way forward.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jonny 290 posted:

presumably you can also get some pretty fuckin good poo poo

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

theoretically full legalization would mean you could get hardcore stuff from government sources where they’d provide public health information and interventions at every step of the way.

it doesn’t necessarily mean you could get to the corner shop for heroin or whatever

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
yeah, addicts might be more inclined to get help if they’re not also worried about going to jail too.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

easier to do reasonable and helpful research if the subject isn't restricted/politicized to the point of illegality

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

President Beep posted:

yeah, addicts might be more inclined to get help if they’re not also worried about going to jail too.

absolutely, which is why decrim is a no brainer

mediaphage posted:

theoretically full legalization would mean you could get hardcore stuff from government sources where they’d provide public health information and interventions at every step of the way.

this still seems like a libertarians wet dream where our freedoms to consume drugs which have high rates of ruining lives are upheld and even supported by the govt

ultimately the best solution to the drug problem is people having lives that are better than the drugs, because drugs ruin far less lives when the people don’t want to risk ruining their good life just to get high.

a bit like obesity, we have to as a society work out how to walk the line where we do what we can to prevent it in the first place, but also care and treat those who are in that position in the best way possible.

our dopamine reward pathway drives almost all of our actions. free will is an illusion, it just feels true. most people know what it’s like to try to be eating well but you just cave to desire helplessly.

a drug like weed can create rewards in the brain, but like an activity like eating, the pathway is acting as it should, we’ve just put some strong rewards in front of it and it’s responding as it will.

but drugs like amphetamines and opioids interfere directly inside the reward pathway, creating dopamine responses literally impossible without drugs, and because of the way our reward pathway determines our actions, you literally rewire the brain to consider this drug more vital to survival than almost anything else.

there is a unique insidiousness with those types of drugs and their ability to hijack a persons life shouldn’t be underestimated

idk what the best solution is, but it absolutely involves a healthy approach to doing what we can to prevent people from trying those kinds of drugs at all, rather than sitting back and allowing people to make potentially life altering decisions for the sake of freedom

imo anyway

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

there is a middle ground. most people despite what you think won’t actually go and start using heroin if you could get it from your doctor

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
hi this is the food thread

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i thought steubenville style pizza was bad enough but today i learned about altoona hotel pizza

i swear the altoona/tyrone area is some hosed up portal

https://twitter.com/RyanDeto/status/1391080438446309382

https://twitter.com/billdifilippo/status/1257346962241785861

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

jesus christ

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

that's monstrous

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

as someone who has tried cheese slices on pizza before i can attest that it tastes terrible.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

i'd eat it in a pinch but certainly not my first choice lol.

idk why you'd use american cheese like that when the pinnacle of its existence is being put in a grilled cheese

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

echinopsis posted:

decrim for sure but what would legalisation of drugs really look like?

I don’t necessarily think a punishment model is correct to disuade use, but i’ve met A LOT of drug addicted people and it absolutely dominates their life like nothing else ever could, and reducing access as much as possible is paramount.

this argument is always bizarre to me, it’s like “with the present system people are massively drug dependent and take drugs all the time”.

so obviously making drugs illegal is working well to reduce access :thumbsup:

git apologist fucked around with this message at 01:28 on May 9, 2021

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

mediaphage posted:

i'd eat it in a pinch but certainly not my first choice lol.

idk why you'd use american cheese like that when the pinnacle of its existence is being put in a grilled cheese

even then, a nice havarti or emmental will easily outdo it

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

dioxazine posted:

even then, a nice havarti or emmental will easily outdo it

eh, harvarti is too greasy for grilled cheese and emmental isn't my first choice either.

i unironically really enjoy colby for a grilled cheese (uncheddared cheddar)

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Gentle Autist posted:

this argument is always bizarre to me, it’s like “with the present system people are massively drug dependent and take drugs all the time”.

so obviously making drugs illegal is working well to reduce access :thumbsup:

such a astute take on all of what I said

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

mediaphage posted:

eh, harvarti is too greasy for grilled cheese and emmental isn't my first choice either.

i unironically really enjoy colby for a grilled cheese (uncheddared cheddar)

oof, i guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. i can't stand colby in a grilled cheese. but we enjoy what we enjoy

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
as long as alcohol is legal any anti-legalization argument is going to sound stupid. alcohol is worse than heroin imo.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

dioxazine posted:

oof, i guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. i can't stand colby in a grilled cheese. but we enjoy what we enjoy

i had a ridiculously good grilled cheese once that used brie on brioche (that was itself studded with dried cranberries and white chocolate chips)

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

echinopsis posted:

such a astute take on all of what I said

i don’t read posts sorry

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

mediaphage posted:

i had a ridiculously good grilled cheese once that used brie on brioche (that was itself studded with dried cranberries and white chocolate chips)

now that sounds pretty good..

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

dioxazine posted:

now that sounds pretty good..

tbqh the only time i'll turn down a grilled cheese is when it's really just dry toast with cheese and even then i'll probably eat it. it's hard to make a bad grilled cheese such that i don't want to eat it.

but yeah it was fuckin great.

i like frying them with mayo on the outside sometimes instead of butter to get even browning without the dairy proteins in the butter burning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

mediaphage posted:

i like frying them with mayo on the outside sometimes instead of butter to get even browning without the dairy proteins in the butter burning.

oh god, now you've done it