Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Gillespie would be so loving annoying to fight against

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Man I thought Gillespie was screwed after the first round, good on him

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

De Lima is thicc

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

These are not happy men.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

This sure is a heavyweight fight.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Foty

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I think Greene is not very good at this whole UFC thing

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

neal on neil violence should be fun

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

That was a really disappointing performance from Geoff neal

artism
Nov 22, 2011

Great work, Magny

devilmonk
May 21, 2003

Cowboy dyes his beard.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

If Cowboy loses his 6th fight in a row against the default white create-a-fighter he should probably stop fighting

Actually he should probably stop either way

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

chaleski posted:

If Cowboy loses his 6th fight in a row against the default white create-a-fighter he should probably stop fighting

He should probably stop fighting!

Kind Friend
Sep 9, 2013

please retire cowboy

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Feel bad for Cerrone, he deserved a gimme against Diego

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Cowboy is done

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

cerrone made his first child to have a blood relative to donate a lobe of their liver to him. he's gonna need to have a bunch of embryos frozen and on hand to fix his scrambled brains sooner than later.

ride off into the sunset on your jetski, donald. this is getting sad as hell

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Kind Friend posted:

please retire cowboy

Same

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
I'll say it. gently caress Michael Buffer. Bruce rules.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Shocking take here but is it possible Michelle is a bit too small

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Also can someone explain to me why Rodriguez was using Shipping Up To Boston as a theme?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Deathlove posted:

Also can someone explain to me why Rodriguez was using Shipping Up To Boston as a theme?

Dana picked it?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/5CWnBI4.mp4

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Look sometimes you just gotta wake yourself up, you know.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Waterson not really advancing at all during the fifth round when she had her hurt was questionable. I guess she thinks she was ahead on rounds

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh THAT is why this is the main event, and no other possible reasons?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Look sometimes you just gotta wake yourself up, you know.

I went back to clip this because I thought it looked bizarrely like a tap (even though nothing justifying a tap was happening at the time), but turns out it was even weirder than I thought.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

The guy that beat Cerrone looked loving awful.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

All my favorite fighters are getting old. It sucks in a way to be a fan for so long because after awhile you have to find new favorites. I've been fortunate that Arlovski is fighting well past his retirement. Even though he should absolutely stop.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Untrustable posted:

All my favorite fighters are getting old. It sucks in a way to be a fan for so long because after awhile you have to find new favorites. I've been fortunate that Arlovski is fighting well past his retirement. Even though he should absolutely stop.

This is why I watch b-league and write breakdowns. Because I watch 60% of LFA/Cage Warriors/Invicta cards I often have an idea of who new fighters are when they're making their debut, and the little notes I make every time give me just a bit more continuity so I can remember who they are in through their first 2-3 fights.

so e.g. I'm waiting for Michael "Jon Jones" Moraeles to make his big league debut.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

CommonShore posted:

so e.g. I'm waiting for Michael "Jon Jones" Moraeles to make his big league debut.
Holy poo poo I thought this was a joke, this is amazing.

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

Untrustable posted:

We should do a thread where people can post their favorite old fighters and other people recommend new fighters that they think the other person would like.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

He's extremely good for a 20 year old.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

for those that just glanced at this and closed the tab the lad is a 6'3" welterweight.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Destined to fall to the weigh-in reforms of 2025.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

cerrone should clearly stop, but he’s also a huge piece of poo poo, so if dude wants to keep going out there and getting smoked by putty patrollers, i’m cool with that

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

The weekends fights were fun. Even if my preferred Neal lost.

reeg
Jul 5, 2002

Southpaugh posted:

The weekends fights were fun. Even if my preferred Neal lost.

Magny/Neal was definitely the best fight on paper from a competitive standpoint, probably should have been the main but Neal has no name. He's still young enough to recover from two straight losses and I hope he does

Magny, meanwhile, is inching towards the "most wins in ufc history" list. If you counted his Ultimate Fighter wins he'd already be on it. Not bad for a guy everyone used to root for ironically because he was the third best fighter from the most boring season of TUF

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Cerrone! Cerrone, come back! *Cowboy slumps completely unresponsive on his jetski as it careens toward shark-infested waters*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kind Friend
Sep 9, 2013

sounds like cowboy doesn't want to retire without getting one last W, so I will volunteer to enter the octagon and let him kick me in the head so that he can go out with dignity.