Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Cold on a Cob posted:

reminder they hold no cash and consider aapl “equivalent to cash”

A couple of months ago when tesla was getting pounded, ARKK sold off a ton of its liquid holdings to buy more tesla. I don't think ARKK ever replaced those.

Edit: I think it is just after of time at this point. The sharks smells blood in the water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rutibex posted:

huh seems kind of dumb to put the lynch pin of all our modern technology on a disputed island next to another great power

no the MIC thinks this is smart cause it makes spending trillions to protect it more of an easy sell

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
CATHIE!

CATHIEEEE!

CAAAAATHIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Number hates you.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN2CO21I?__twitter_impression=true posted:

(Reuters) - Celebrity stockpicker and Ark Invest Chief Executive Cathie Wood told CNBC on Friday that hedge fund veteran Bill Hwang had provided seed capital for Ark's first four exchange-traded funds.
Wood said she had held discussions with Hwang about U.S. stocks and, in particular, the media sector back in 2013.
"He did provide the seed for our first four ETFs and we were very grateful to him. It was at a time where market makers were sick of seeding new strategies," she said in the CNBC interview.

Archegos Capital Management, the New York investment fund run by former Tiger Asia manager Hwang, was preparing for insolvency as banks involved in financing its trades seek to recoup some of their losses, according to a Financial Times report earlier this week.
Archegos fell apart in March when its debt-laden bets on stocks of certain media companies unraveled.
Wood said she had not spoken to Hwang recently.
"I sent him a note after I heard about the unfortunate events that we've all witnessed and I'm wishing him well," she told CNBC.

Lmao how did I miss this from friday.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

This is fine:

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1391494168850075655

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

lol how do you get involved in the cybercrime business these guys sound cool

enabled veteran
Feb 10, 2021

I think that American presidents, that position in itself, as well as American foreign policy, it has terrorism in it. CIA agents going to overthrow certain governments - they're using terrorist tactics. They're not going in there like, 'Hey, you wanna have some cake?'

500lb gang in new jersey basement

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Casey Finnigan posted:

cybercrime or ecoterrorism? Or both?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

no the MIC thinks this is smart cause it makes spending trillions to protect it more of an easy sell

I have some bad news about that

https://twitter.com/ftchina/status/1389800358034219008

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

trump was right, joe is owned by china

stellers bae
Feb 10, 2021

by Hand Knit
lol it was totally a lab leak and we're never going to officially say it, are we

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

stellers bae posted:

lol it was totally a lab leak and we're never going to officially say it, are we

that would imperil further lab work on other deadly bat viruses. can you live with that on your conscience?

swampcow
Jul 4, 2011

Hey, longtime lurker here. Wanted to share a cool article I just read: https://lynalden.com/inflation

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

stellers bae posted:

yep, no way in hell we ever officially acknowledge that one and it was mostly covered by rightwing crackpots so you'll be easily dismissed if you ever bring it up. down the memory hole you go!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
mmm love bullshit sinophobia in the number thread

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

He wouldnt have had to turn to crime if they'd just make another goddamned Twisted Metal game

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

Lmao how did I miss this from friday.

ARCHEGOS??!!?!?

There is no :lmao: big enough that I can post.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
https://twitter.com/OptionsProVol/status/1391778265686183950?s=19

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
We are never going to acknowledge the lab leak because it was the USA trying to sabotage something and whoops.

China innocent. CiA guilty

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Casey Finnigan posted:

You need a Letter of Marque from your ISP and local government but then you can pillage russian and chinese servers.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Raskolnikov38 posted:

My sinuses are fine now that the rain has tamped down the pollen count for a bit.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

China will never defeat the mightiest nation of all time The United States

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

yeah wtf

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

when the DOW reaches 60,869, an increase of 420 will be 0.69%.

let's make this happen, goons!

stellers bae
Feb 10, 2021

by Hand Knit
why is is sinophobia to speculate about a lab leak

try not to do a whataboutism in your answer lol

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Theres been a bunch of posters over the last few days who keep trying to do the "look we all need to be adults here and agree that China is responsible for all this and should be punished" and they probably all finally got run out of the covid thread for not actually having anything like proof of lab escape, so are probably hunting for new threads to talk about it

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

why do we think it's a lab leak again? haven't we known this (or something like this, potentially even worse) was past due naturally?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Number has leaked

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

stellers bae posted:

It's more interesting if you tell us what you think should happen if it was a leak. What will it be- pulling a dollar amount out of thin air and saying to nobody in particular, "China owes us this much money for ruining our economy" or a shooting war that America is guaranteed to lose? You have a legitimate opportunity to answer

stellers bae
Feb 10, 2021

by Hand Knit

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

It's more interesting if you tell us what you think should happen if it was a leak. What will it be- pulling a dollar amount out of thin air and saying to nobody in particular, "China owes us this much money for ruining our economy" or a shooting war that America is guaranteed to lose? You have a legitimate opportunity to answer

i think 'identifying truth' and 'setting a course of action based on that truth' are two separate things, imo

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

stellers bae posted:

i think 'identifying truth' and 'setting a course of action based on that truth' are two separate things, imo

So try doing one of these things instead of coy racism

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

"guaranteed to lose" lmao

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

stellers bae posted:

Ah you are just a moron.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

stellers bae posted:

drat that's a pretty heroic way to describe speculating based on chud and CIA sources because actual truth is literally impossible right now lmao

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the most sinophobic theory is the wet market one. look at the glee in reporting and posting about that poo poo in the west

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

*in viper voice* I created the coronavirus

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

Justin Tyme posted:

Fwiw:

In 2021 dollars the cheapest of these sets would be about $1000, but it's Kenmore, which is a pretty good brand afaik. Better than the poo poo they're hocking for $1200 anyway, would rather have Kenmore than Amana.

Kenmore is just Sear's store brand. Your Kenmore very well may *be* an Amana

FizFashizzle posted:

did we lose oxsnard

tbqh while Oxnard was good for this thread, I don't think this thread was good for Oxnard

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

stellers bae posted:

Yr echoing a bunch of unfounded us state department propaganda and trying to pass it off as speculation, maybe you honestly think it is speculation, because you've taken in motivated cia reasoning as facts

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Nonsense posted:

China will never defeat the mightiest nation of all time The United States

that's why they let the United States do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

stellers bae posted:

this is the same line the state department has trotted out for just asking questions since the dawn of time. if i was china i absolutely would cover it up if it leaked outa a lab because the u.s. is full of lunatics who will blame china for the united states failure to try and stop the pandemic in their own country