Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Onion Bargey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Sunk cost fallacy.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Canal Prolapse

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Ever Given

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

goatface posted:

Sunk cost fallacy.

phallusy

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

sunk phallus cost

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Floater
Justification for divorce
Putt Putt
Canal'd Trump
My other car

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee
Waterway to have a Good Time

Katty!
Aug 26, 2015

Chillin'

came back from my lunchtime walk and the fudge was waiting for me; i really should have ordered more, the lemon and cherry are delicious

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

the unicorn barf is very good but the salted caramel is amazing

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I wasn't sure what to expect from the unicorn barf, I assumed just regular fudge with a load of toppings that fall off as soon you breathe on them, such is the fate of sprinkles and marshmallows, but the fudge is soft and gooey and the toppings stay in place even when cutting off a piece. Seriously good stuff.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

goatface posted:

Ever Given

I think evergreen would be better even if it isn't the real ship name. You'd have to paint the boat green tho.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I wasn't sure what to expect from the unicorn barf, I assumed just regular fudge with a load of toppings that fall off as soon you breathe on them, such is the fate of sprinkles and marshmallows, but the fudge is soft and gooey and the toppings stay in place even when cutting off a piece. Seriously good stuff.

That would be the obscene amount of marshmallows melted into the fudge during cooking. ;) Making unicorn barf makes cleaning the pans a nightmare, but it’s so worth it!

(And the trick is to add the toppings while the fudge is still hot enough to bond with them properly)

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

Fudge arrived. :getin:

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

Only tried a sliver of salted caramel, dinnertime soon :( it's banging!!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

that's a weird thing to have for dinner

Pseudohog
Apr 4, 2007
Only tried the black cherry fudge so far but very tasty, looking forwards to some barf later!

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

fudge is the new sausage

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

What happened to sausage man

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

killed by fudgeman

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Jose posted:

booked in for a new covid vaccine trial. got a screening on thursday to ensure i'm alright to participate and get £650 for the whole thing if i get on it

Is that the Valneva one? How long did it take for you to hear back after applying?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Oxford pay £25 a visit and visit at least twice a month.

They pay in love 2 shop vouchers though which are an absolute pain in the arse when old people hand you them and say “you shop online duc, swap you this for £250 cash”. How about you gently caress off and remember any of the endless lessons on how to use the internet you’ve had over the last 10 years, or just wait for the shops to open.
“I don’t know how, you do it for me” “yes you do and no” :colbert:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
One time during lockdown someone turned up slammed a router on my black bin, sprayed it with disinfectant and then called on the phone asking if I would set it up for them.

LizzieBorden
Dec 6, 2009

She's hackin' and wackin' and smackin'
She just hacks, wacks, chopping that meat

Has anyone ever had any luck getting a ginger beer plant started? Any tips?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

start the planning permission talks early imo

LizzieBorden
Dec 6, 2009

She just hacks, wacks, chopping that meat

Probably need it when it explodes and takes out my kitchen tbh. Good advice.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Cookers died.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee

how many

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
My grandparents once came back from the shops to find their kitchen windows out and the fire brigade and bomb disposal unit on the lawn. Grandad had tried making moonshine with elderberries and it went Very Badly Wrong.

My nan got a new kitchen and she’d always hated the one Barrett put in so it all worked out in the end.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Lady Demelza posted:

Is that the Valneva one? How long did it take for you to hear back after applying?

yeah. about 2-3 hours on a sunday evening after applying i got an email to book a screening for it

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Fudgeman, fighter of the sossman..

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Will the lemon meringue come back into stock soon?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Gasmask posted:

how many

Half way through the evening meal. Electric hobs and separate oven just died. Fridge is plugged into same socket. Guess it must be the 32 amp fuse in the consumer unit that's just died. Figure it out tomorrow. Eaten crunchy shite pasta bake

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Building a house sucks. I haven't even got to planning yet and I'm getting fed up

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Salisbury Snape posted:

Building a house sucks. I haven't even got to planning yet and I'm getting fed up

Do you want some help? I'm well good at it

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

soooo we noticed our electricity bill was super high lately so we checked our meter and after some experimenting (flicking random switches) it turns out our meter is wired in to the wrong flat so for the last 2+ years we've been paying for someone elses electricity :aaaaa:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So who's been paying yours?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Really? That seems crazy. Like you've never had to isolate anything or had a trip go? Lol crazy

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
The episode of Bottom with Mr Rottweiler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Really? That seems crazy. Like you've never had to isolate anything or had a trip go? Lol crazy

our fuse box works for the flat (its inside our cupboard) but we have a big electrcity cupboard downstairs with all the meters and more switches.

goatface posted:

So who's been paying yours?

flat 3! if we flick there's off it turns off power to our flat lol