Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ilmucche posted:

Lol do you know this because you know everyone's alignment?

yes. im pretty sure im right about everyone's alignment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
because im smart

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##vote toalpaz

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

sandnavyguy posted:

##vote Sandwolf

After the Solus flip in light of him being town, Sandwolf actions are scummy to me. They were on board with Solus being scum leaning, and was actively thinking Solus was an issue, but then when there started to actually be a push for him to get voted, he changed his views that suddenly oh no he must be town. Based on his thought process pattern and the timing of his tune change, I think he knew Solus would get voted and decided to fall back and let us vote for him, then shake his head at all of us who did vote.

His primary reason is apparently he feels that Solus’ return seemed genuine and townlike, but I disagree, it was a null action at best, there was literally no other way to turn the tide of the vote regardless of alignment, and saying “yep I’m convinced he must be town” reads to me as too easy a persuauion for normally cautious Town-Wolf.

Wow you actually did it. I can’t tell if this is because I called you on it or if you actually believe it.

It’s transparently a bad vote but it definitely looks like you believe it more than when I had to push you to actually take the stance.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Steak posted:

##vote toalpaz

if someone has a gun, shoot steak, jfc

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
why? toal hasn't seemed to take the game seriously for more than maybe 1 or 2 posts. there's no guarantee lurker gavel role is in the game, and lurking scum is still scum

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Mr. Steak posted:

why? toal hasn't seemed to take the game seriously for more than maybe 1 or 2 posts. there's no guarantee lurker gavel role is in the game, and lurking scum is still scum

Didn't Merk softclaim lurker gavel above? Isn't that what his postcount post is about?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Steak posted:

gently caress this you’re not even trying, none of this is an argument that Toal is scum

##vote steak

Also some impressive rolefishing despite accusing me of doing it earlier lol

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

ilmucche posted:

Didn't Merk softclaim lurker gavel above? Isn't that what his postcount post is about?

Yes but steak is doing some 1st grade level reverse psychology

AT-LOW
Mar 18, 2021

Battle routine, set!
Demon Summoning Program, execute!

Sandwolf posted:

gently caress this you’re not even trying, none of this is an argument that Toal is scum

Perhaps steak is extending his Day 1 strategy of not (necessarily) voting people he thinks are scum

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Sandwolf posted:

##vote steak

Also some impressive rolefishing despite accusing me of doing it earlier lol

Yeah, I was going to point this out to. It's weird phrasing.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

AT-LOW posted:

Perhaps steak is extending his Day 1 strategy of not (necessarily) voting people he thinks are scum

Then we should lunch him.

Between the hammering crap, pushing to lunch people he himself admits aren’t scum, rolefishing over something that’s been softclaimed, and a general attitude that is not seeking out scum,

What do YOU, the town, think we should do?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AT-LOW posted:

lmao that's over. cmon we're in the real game now

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
toal is scum for flying under the radar so uselessly. i thought i made that opinion clear.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Sandwolf posted:

Wow you actually did it. I can’t tell if this is because I called you on it or if you actually believe it.

It’s transparently a bad vote but it definitely looks like you believe it more than when I had to push you to actually take the stance.

Of course I did it, I believe it.

You didn’t really have to push so much as I wanted an organic reaction. At any rate, it is certainly not a bad vote, you’re acting in ways you wouldnt if you didn’t have more information than you should for your role. I simply don’t believe that Solus’ return posts were enough for such a change in your perspective.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Steak posted:

toal is scum for flying under the radar so uselessly. i thought i made that opinion clear.

OHHH *now* I see the argument that Toal’s scum

Wait, no, I don’t. Because you’re just pushing a lurker lunch and trying to conflate it with being scum.

AT-LOW
Mar 18, 2021

Battle routine, set!

Sandwolf posted:

What do YOU, the town, think we should do?

Well I the town want steak to explain why he hammered and then started dancing around and pointing at the fact that he did it

And then told people to stop paying so much attention but like the first part is what I'm waiting for

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"but we should get rid of more active scummy players first"

normally i'd agree with this but in a game where party host is certainly a factor, plus roles specifically to detect killers and not alignment, having an under-the-radar scum is extremely valuable since that person can do all the kills and soak all the risk

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Steak posted:

"but we should get rid of more active scummy players first"

normally i'd agree with this but in a game where party host is certainly a factor, plus roles specifically to detect killers and not alignment, having an under-the-radar scum is extremely valuable since that person can do all the kills and soak all the risk

Just like how you can do all the kills and soak all the risk now after hammering yesterday.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sandwolf posted:

Just like how you can do all the kills and soak all the risk now after hammering yesterday.

yes, when solus flips party host ill be hosed

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*or, wait that sarcasm was wrong. take two:

yes, thank god i hammered for when solus flipped party host i'd have been done for

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AT-LOW posted:

Well I the town want steak to explain why he hammered and then started dancing around and pointing at the fact that he did it

And then told people to stop paying so much attention but like the first part is what I'm waiting for

no

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i will not comment on my solus vote any more unless im at risk of dying

AT-LOW
Mar 18, 2021

Battle routine, set!

Is it better if I ask, like, what did you expect to happen? Because it seems like you didn't get quote the reaction you wanted

AT-LOW
Mar 18, 2021

Battle routine, set!

Mr. Steak posted:

i will not comment on my solus vote any more unless im at risk of dying

I only care about why you went out of your way to point it out tbh, not the vote itself, if that changes anything, but ok

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i still think oa is scum, for the record. i would just rather kill toal of the two scum

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
(for previously stated reason of eliminating lurker scum early)

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Idk I like my Keane case steak, do you have any thoughts on it? Mobile posting so you'll have to find it yourself. Seems to only be reinforced by the flip.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

quote:

Memories of Murder: You are Detective Park, and you can tell if a person is guilty just by looking in their eyes. Each night you may target a person and determine if that person is guilty. A player is guilty if they have directly killed, vigged, or hammered another player in the game.

So steak is effectively protected from this.

quote:

Backup Extraordinaire: At the start of the game, the backup extraordinaire submits a list of the role/roles that player wishes to backup (from this list right here). After that, the first role to flip on the backup's list will be given to the backup at that time. If the role was a 1x ability and has already been used, the backup gets the role in the already used condition. When the backup dies that player's cardflip will not indicate whether the backup ability had triggered or what role it took over. The backup will not know of any results from the original player's use. This role is not an action - a roleblock will not affect your power. This is a one-time ability, and nothing can cause this to happen more than once in the game.

Or maybe wanted to steal the vig?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Toalpaz posted:

Idk I like my Keane case steak, do you have any thoughts on it? Mobile posting so you'll have to find it yourself. Seems to only be reinforced by the flip.

ill check it out in a little bit

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Just lol if steaks scum (not saying he isn't but the amount of scum pings he's produced in a single page is funny)

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I would like to hear from stumpalong

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Mr. Steak posted:

yes, when solus flips party host ill be hosed

:goofy:

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

600pm pacific or 900pm pacific work better for a Thursday deadline. You can let me know in here or confessional.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

ilmucche posted:

Or maybe wanted to steal the vig?

Why would hammering effect this at all?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Voodoofly posted:

600pm pacific or 900pm pacific work better for a Thursday deadline. You can let me know in here or confessional.

I won't be awake for 900pm Pacific time because I live in the future.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

I won't be awake for 900pm Pacific time because I live in the future.

Same

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I probably should dive in and find some scum here.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

merk posted:

this feels like a follow the merk game, do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

WHO YA GOT