Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

i mean you could always put yourself on DND if you're mapping or something, right? that way the other side doesn't have to wait 60-90 seconds before realizing you aren't gonna respond.
I didn't even know about DND until a couple days ago and I have 645 hours in PoE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

DaveKap posted:

I didn't even know about DND until a couple days ago and I have 645 hours in PoE.

How?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I’m not going to go /dnd with big ticket items for sale, that’s just a brokebrain suggestion

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

If you get mad about trades, just quit the game

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Sometimes I ignore trade pms because I don't like your char name.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Yeah I’m not gonna trade with n word gamers get your loot elsewhere

J
Jun 10, 2001

/dnd is for when you misclick something expensive into a cheap tab and need to block all the spam entirely

/autoreply is for when you still want to see the incoming messages. Such as /autoreply "fighting sirus give me a few minutes" or anything similar where you know you won't be responding to trades for a bit but might want to return a message for an expensive item should one come in. Or if the trade API is screwed up and not updating as fast as it should you can do /autoreply "Tabula sold" or whatever it was if you're getting a decent amount of tells about an already sold item but don't want to miss tells about other items you still have.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
No instant invite/reply = sold/busy

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Also if you PM more than once I report you to the FBI

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror
Sending more than one message for anything under 50c is just embarrassing yourself. It's the people with the utter chutzpah to send multiple PMs and then a party invite that should be auto-banned.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Tiny Bug Child posted:

Sending more than one message for anything under 50c is just embarrassing yourself. It's the people with the utter chutzpah to send multiple PMs and then a party invite that should be auto-banned.

If you can't be bothered to reply, use DND :colbert:

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

I will come out of my map (if I can) to sell you something >1ex.

But less than that? Better hope to catch me in the h/o already. Trade friction ba-byyyyyyyyy

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
After getting any char im working on to the point where it can do all content i wanna do with it, i dont bother with selling barely anything worth less than like 100c. People who get out of their t16 maps to sell me a 1 chaos leveling unique absolutely blow my mind.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

Traitorous Leopard posted:

I will come out of my map (if I can) to sell you something >1ex.

But less than that? Better hope to catch me in the h/o already. Trade friction ba-byyyyyyyyy

Yeah, at any given time I have a bunch of stuff listed that I will sell if you happen to catch me in my hideout, and then the big ticket items that I'll actually interrupt what I'm doing to sell.

And the person whispering should be multitasking too, if you're actually whispering and then just sitting at your PC doing nothing while you wait for a response then you're just torturing yourself.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Kehveli posted:

After getting any char im working on to the point where it can do all content i wanna do with it, i dont bother with selling barely anything worth less than like 100c. People who get out of their t16 maps to sell me a 1 chaos leveling unique absolutely blow my mind.

Some people just like running a shop, man. I'd rather play Recettear again than sell poo poo for an alchemy orb but hey people gonna peep.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

No Safe Word posted:

I'll take "Worst PoE trade league takes for $1000, Alex" (or whoever becomes the new Jeopardy host I guess)

I probably respond to like 80% of trade whispers, the ones I don't are because I'm in the middle of a bunch of poo poo that I can't reasonably whisper back during (like an Ultimatum or a boss fight) or am just AFK. You're not entitled to an item because someone listed it for trade, my friend.

To be fair, if you're busy, just put yourself on DND so that people whispering you know you're not available.

That's just common courtesy in my opinion, and you shouldn't lash out at the guy/gal for getting frustrated, especially beacuse trading in this game is full of friction as it is.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Kehveli posted:

I’ll do this just because I feel bad for people who wait until later in the league to start playing, trade friction maxes out at that point and I’ve been in that position a few times. I don’t even have priced tabs that low anymore, though. I’m trying to not bother with anything below 5-10c at this point.

Next I need to train myself to stop picking up and identifying rares as much but I can’t help myself with rings, amulets, boots..

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’ve been happy with a 20c dump tab for anything I don’t know the value of but might be ok . Probably made 40-50 sales out of it.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I'm finally a big enough poe nerd to spend currency crafting my own poo poo. I made a +3 ehit bow and now I'm making a +3 staff with beast crafting and poo poo

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Slow News Day posted:

To be fair, if you're busy, just put yourself on DND so that people whispering you know you're not available.

That's just common courtesy in my opinion, and you shouldn't lash out at the guy/gal for getting frustrated, especially beacuse trading in this game is full of friction as it is.

No one is going to go on dnd for everything that takes time where they can't handle trades, that's silly. Constantly turning on/off dnd is a big pain in the rear end when people can just accept that you won't always get an instant response (or sometimes any response) to your whispers.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If you don’t want to wait for people pay 10c for the 1c unique you need rn

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

I started using dnd this league for periods of time that I know I don't want to sell something. If I've got some 5-10ex item up, nbd, the person will wait if it's really the one they want.

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
Me and some friends are doing a private hardcore league to do something different.
Anyone have a good build with decent survivability, as I'm only used to SSF softcore. Thinking of just doing ED or a spectre minion build tbh

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
Ok, I decided I'll hang on to my self chill as a mapper, but what's a cheap build for doing end game bosses (Sirus, guardians, shaper, etc)?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
general's cry/blade flurry berserker, saboteur miner, OWN zerker, any hierophant with MoM/archmage, honestly go wild

if you stack enough dps you don't have to do mechanics

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

please knock Mom! posted:

general's cry/blade flurry berserker, saboteur miner, OWN zerker, any hierophant with MoM/archmage, honestly go wild

if you stack enough dps you don't have to do mechanics

Been dying to try OWN so might give that a shot!

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

poemdexter posted:

Been dying to try OWN so might give that a shot!

it's probably the least cheap out of the batch, keep that in mind. also definitely not a softcore build.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"
So apparently I spent my Tuesday night playing video games and making a gameplay music video.

Very importantly, my build is finally coming together, so I decided to update my styling MTX accordingly. :getin:

Hope you all enjoy the gameplay and music. With a bit more progression, I hope to show some really crazy footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmDIogi-noE

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Kehveli posted:

I do this because I know the pain of trying to buy weird or leveling uniques late in league and it feels like an easy way to make someone happy. You get a lot of really thankful pms after - it's nice.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

please knock Mom! posted:

it's probably the least cheap out of the batch, keep that in mind. also definitely not a softcore build.

RIP. Maybe blade flurry generals cry then since a goon has been running that while helping me with bosses.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Having played through a couple of inscribed ultimatums at T10 maps, I've got to say that while I've gotten both exalts of the league so far from them, I don't particularly like their survival missions, as I can never particularly tell why it is that I lost the ultimatum. Was it because Ruin stacked on me too many times? Did the altar crumble? (This was fixed in a patch, thankfully, so I can see the health bar now.) Is there something else that I'm missing to the ultimatum mechanic in general?

It doesn't communicate loss very well, much like the lack of a death recap, but it's more bizarre in that there's nothing really showing you on-screen otherwise that you're about to lose.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

poemdexter posted:

RIP. Maybe blade flurry generals cry then since a goon has been running that while helping me with bosses.

That's a really solid build. Pokchu and I have both made pretty big effortposts in this thread about it last league. I'm not up to date on any new tech from this league, but I can highly highly recommend it as a bosser. It gets off the ground really easily on a Scaeva or Ichimonji and a corrupted rare 6L, and your main money slots are the clusters, Paradoxica, enchanted Abyssus, Bottled Faith, and chest. A sick hand of the high templar can be a big boost too but is often not worth the money.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Victory Position posted:

Having played through a couple of inscribed ultimatums at T10 maps, I've got to say that while I've gotten both exalts of the league so far from them, I don't particularly like their survival missions, as I can never particularly tell why it is that I lost the ultimatum. Was it because Ruin stacked on me too many times? Did the altar crumble? (This was fixed in a patch, thankfully, so I can see the health bar now.) Is there something else that I'm missing to the ultimatum mechanic in general?

It doesn't communicate loss very well, much like the lack of a death recap, but it's more bizarre in that there's nothing really showing you on-screen otherwise that you're about to lose.

Ruin stacks show above your head as little floating blue things. They show up above other visual spam and are quite easy to count if you get used to them.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I don't know if I enabled something in the UI years ago and forgot about it or what, but I can see a ruin debuff counter at the top left

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I'm eyeing a Winter orb build as my next and final build once I secure this dumb belt. There Worb stonks seem to be going up. Anyone have a PoB or build they like? I'm eyeing Vapors for now.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

This is my first league where I actually got far enough to do this whole watchstone thing beyond the first go-around and man this is tedious. Do I really just have to repeat these same exact 4 fights 8 times over? And then doing it optimally means clearing all 4 conquerors in each region before moving on to the next, so on top of it you're probably going to be repeating the same specific maps pretty frequently too.

Kind of a bummer since I have fun exploring maps I haven't seen yet. How do you guys do this process every league without getting tired of it?

On the plus side map sustain seems a lot better than I remember it being, and at least they seem to have fixed the awful crashing problems on PS4 that made me not even want to try harder content because I'd always DC in the middle of a boss fight.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

How do you guys do this process every league without getting tired of it?

i dont do it "optimally" i just play maps and go with the flow.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Awesome! posted:

i dont do it "optimally" i just play maps and go with the flow.

I was bouncing around at first but then I think it turned out that doing maps in other regions reset my progress in another one? I had gotten the "go talk to Zana" prompt to start the citadel map, but was close to a level up and didn't want to risk it so I went and ran a few other lower maps first, and then when I came back she said something about the trail going cold and I had to start over from scratch in that region.

Unless something else caused that? I have no idea, I'm just following a guide because I heard you can screw up your progress if you do things "wrong" and end up needing to dump a ton of extra currency into maps and do all sorts of watchstone shuffling to get back on track.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

This is my first league where I actually got far enough to do this whole watchstone thing beyond the first go-around and man this is tedious. Do I really just have to repeat these same exact 4 fights 8 times over? And then doing it optimally means clearing all 4 conquerors in each region before moving on to the next, so on top of it you're probably going to be repeating the same specific maps pretty frequently too.

Kind of a bummer since I have fun exploring maps I haven't seen yet. How do you guys do this process every league without getting tired of it?

On the plus side map sustain seems a lot better than I remember it being, and at least they seem to have fixed the awful crashing problems on PS4 that made me not even want to try harder content because I'd always DC in the middle of a boss fight.

The tedious part is managing your map supply as you have to keep increasing the tier of maps you run. This is where people are talking about leap frog strategies and poo poo like that. Ultimately, you're gonna run about 100 maps to get to your first Sirus, and somewhere between 20 and 36 for each Sirus thereafter.

Once you 'get' how it works, you can do it at your own pace. I like to waste my time trading maps to people to fill out atlas completion and then work on more stones. I usually get to Sirus on day 3ish? Other people like to leap frog, whatever, get there faster. There are a few different strategies, but ultimately it doesn't matter unless you care or are trying to be in the economic vanguard.

Once you get to 4 watch stones in 4 regions, it doesn't matter as much anymore, you just pick a region, put your stones and go. If you run out of maps in that region, run t14-16 maps in a different region, who cares. Ultimately stressing over small amounts of currency/maps being used inefficiently doesn't matter, because the more you play, the less significant the inefficient value is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Many people are getting tired of this, since it adds nothing of value and simply drags out the time you need to invest to get something done.