Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
THE BEST MAN VS DARBY 71 56.35%
BUCKS VS SCU 40 31.75%
NAGATA VS MOX 14 11.11%
OC VS PAC 1 0.79%
Total: 126 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Did anyone else get really hung up on the "anger in every pocket" line to the point where they missed a chunk of the promo, because that might be why I'm less mad. What a weird turn of phrase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
got a pocketful of anger and my homeboys do, too

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
that's why you never want to let orange cassidy get his hands in there, two pockets full of anger

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
keep your anger in your pocket, along with your comments

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

That promo was a piece of something, all right.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Cody taught us all a lot

about somethign

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

I liked everything but I do think you could have just not had Jericho there, had Sammy accept the challenge in a fit of youthful bravado, and it would have been better

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Iskanderson posted:

Sabu!

AJ Styles!

Sabu still wrestles?
Also I don't know who works where in Mexico so is there any chance Kenny could defend the AAA Mega Championship against any of those guys?
Does Scott Steiner still dust off the tights from time to time? I remember him teaming with Cage against OC and ??? at some indie show but I don't know how long ago that was.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 17:17 on May 13, 2021

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
scott steiner will occasionally wrestle like poo poo, yes

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

GrimGypsy posted:

I liked everything but I do think you could have just not had Jericho there, had Sammy accept the challenge in a fit of youthful bravado, and it would have been better

It was also really funny how they said Santana was arrested for his fork action in Blood Guts to cover that he probably just had other plans or missed a flight or something.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Oh yeah, it was lost in the shuffle a bit. Serena Deeb is back and healthy! That rules. Red Velvet getting this title opportunity is also a good chance for her to continue proving her skill.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

cody should start a podcast

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

beggar posted:

that's why you never want to let orange cassidy get his hands in there, two pockets full of anger

it was funny that he had a second pair of sunglasses in there

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

enigmahfc posted:

It was also really funny how they said Santana was arrested for his fork action in Blood Guts to cover that he probably just had other plans or missed a flight or something.

According to Dave, Santana was sick and they weren't taking any chances with covid.

And as for all the Pac/OC match improv stuff, JR's line of "how do you miss [Kenny] in that suit?" after the belt shot was amazing. And I'll reiterate how much better it was having Schiavone be the Tony to deliver the triple threat announcement rather than Khan.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

graph posted:

it was funny that he had a second pair of sunglasses in there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaJXOu-V_do

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

anthony ogogo is going to punch a hole clean through cody rhodes at double or nothing and the queen is going to come out and knight him on the spot and fans will chant "the aew title is coming home" at them

:britain: :britain: :britain:

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Dave on what happened with OC/PAC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hI0723YDrk

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

smarxist posted:

avi if anyone is in the market for one:

:tipshat:

e: poo poo i lost my gang tags :smith:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Nick Jr. Face posted:

:tipshat:

e: poo poo i lost my gang tags :smith:

I'm sure if you ask nicely a friendly neighborhood mod can help you with it.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

anthony ogogo is going to punch a hole clean through cody rhodes at double or nothing and the queen is going to come out and knight him on the spot and fans will chant "the aew title is coming home" at them

Yeah, too bad he reps England instead of, say, someplace good like Wales or the Channel Islands.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

CobiWann posted:

too bad he reps England instead of, say, someplace good like Wales

lol

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

oi coday at dubbow arr nuffin yew'll be goin' down fastah dan fulham in da prem god save da queen it's aww swings and roundabout innit

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

cody rhodes

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CobiWann posted:

Yeah, too bad he reps England instead of, say, someplace good like Wales or the Channel Islands.

Hold me back, hold me back

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

is today miro day

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

anthony ogogo will be accompanied to the ring by delia smith at double or nothing, his entrance theme will be either "suedehead" or "german whip"

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

JOHN CENA posted:

cody rhodes

Yuck!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

cody rhodes is gonna kick Anthony Ogogos rear end

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

ChrisBTY posted:

Aside from Cody I have two questions;

1) With Yuji Nagata having now wrestled on Dynamite, how many active wrestlers are left that wrestled on TNT in the WCW days that have never appeared on Dynamite. We have Rey Mysterio Jr and...CIMA was on at least one Dynamite hasn't he? Are we counting Goldberg as 'active?'

Kaz Hayashi is still very active in Japan, used to be with NOAH and is now with GLEAT. Shannon Moore is also somewhat active in Florida (unless I missed him in one of the Hardy Compound segments and he doesn't count). Also Chavo is still sort of active, even if most of it is Talk'n'Shop.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
the queen herself will be in big Tony’s corner, while the dreamster will have none other than the port laureate from the inauguration

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Cody is going to catch Ogogo in the figure four when QT distracts the referee so that Penta can hit the Fear Factor, Shida the Tamashii, Kenny the One Winged Angel, Miro with the GAME OVER, M'Badu with whatever he has, Angelico picks a random Navarro Especial, and then Ogogo will punch Cody in the dick as the new League of Nations celebrate the victory.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MorningMoon posted:

Cody is going to catch Ogogo in the figure four when QT distracts the referee so that Penta can hit the Fear Factor, Shida the Tamashii, Kenny the One Winged Angel, Miro with the GAME OVER, M'Badu with whatever he has, Angelico picks a random Navarro Especial, and then Ogogo will punch Cody in the dick as the new League of Nations celebrate the victory.
i doubt very much that is going to happen.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The American Nightmare is a much better nickname than the American Dream in every way, so pretty much every part of this angle seems designed to make me do a full 180 on Cody. Like it feels specifically targeted at me with that as the desired result.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Cody's liver is gonna land on Mars and thus will make America win Space Race 2.0. The heel hoisted by his own petard. It's simple booking.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I now love Cody's promo after seeing how mad it made some absolute psychopaths here

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

JOHN CENA posted:

cody rhodes is gonna kick Anthony Ogogos rear end

It's going to rule. You have the opposing countries storyline and also wrestler vs. boxer. Ogogo can throw a punch but what else can he do? Can Cody grapple around that and keep coming up with ways to avoid the big punch? I can't wait. USA #1

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Alaois posted:

I now love Cody's promo after seeing how mad it made some absolute psychopaths here

I'm for sure an absolute psychopath in a lot of ways, but I'm not really angry, and I'm not seeing much anger here at all. It's more... What's the feeling called when you think of something and it makes you make a face like you just smelled a fart? I'm that, and that's the vibe I'm getting from most other people here.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The thing about Cody's promo that tweaks me is I feel like there was room for a really great reimagining of the hard times promo to lead into him calling himself the American Dream, but Cody went in a completely different direction that didn't resonate with me at all, besides the stuff about his daughter, which I really did like.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

"Some people want to sit at home. Heck, some people would rather sit at home than go to work."

*Boo*

"And sure, they say it's because of 'hard times.' No. 'Hard times' is showing up here EVERY. drat. WEDNESDAY."

*Pop*

"You want to talk about 'hard times?' How about the brave men and women in uniform that protect us? It's the first responders. It's losing your job because you were too busy reporting Botchamania videos and replying pig poop balls to WWE stan accounts on Twitter with five followers."

*Pop*

"Mr. Ogogo: if you don't like it here then why don't you just leave? Better yet, why don't I make you leave...in a body bag!"

*Hootin' and hollerin'*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

The two parts about the Cody promo that reeeeeallly didn't work for me (besides overt nationalism, which is an acceptable beat but something I'm against personally) were him saying he's never been not proud to be an American (a brain-dead conclusion), and his naivete regarding his daughter's identity. Really made him seem stupid, which is something AEW doesn't really let their faces be that often.

Show was great besides that, hope OC is ok.

E: I guess they could have had a stronger water cannon and Jericho could have stayed away too but that's just icing stuff.

The Taxman fucked around with this message at 19:28 on May 13, 2021