Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Thinking about this pretty critically right now, for my current mental state and the amount of weird chemicals in my body, actually gently caress my university.

BYOB Alumni Association gets all my money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

xcheopis posted:

I quoted the wrong post. Owned by small screen and pudgy fingers. :mad:

i just thought you were adding emphasis it made me laugh

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

xcheopis

Heather Papps posted:

i just thought you were adding emphasis it made me laugh

Sadly I am not that clever

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Having read some of the preceding posts, I have to say you are all a bunch of nerds

And I love you all for it

Thanks to Dumb Sex-Parrot for the Christmas citrusy sig!

more falafel please posted:

just turn that impostor syndrome into "I'm Poster" syndrome

Finger Prince

Oh dang, looks like Logitech actually make stuff with a replaceable USB dongle, as long as the peripheral has "Unifying". Looks like I'll be ordering a Logitech keyboard and mouse now. drat, I liked my Microsoft sculpt mouse.

drat all these Logitech keyboards suck.
The MX vertical mouse looks good though.

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 00:35 on May 14, 2021

biosterous

i like when i outsmart the computer in a video game even when they have objectively more/better resources than i do

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Manifisto

Finger Prince posted:

Oh dang, looks like Logitech actually make stuff with a replaceable USB dongle, as long as the peripheral has "Unifying". Looks like I'll be ordering a Logitech keyboard and mouse now. drat, I liked my Microsoft sculpt mouse.

there are also Bluetooth peripherals

a bt dongle is not spendy if you need one

it's just that bt peripherals tend to be rarer and pricier

Finger Prince

Manifisto posted:

there are also Bluetooth peripherals

a bt dongle is not spendy if you need one

it's just that bt peripherals tend to be rarer and pricier

Bluetooth might be the way to go if this Logitech thing proves to be too expensive. I'd need a dongle. My main problem is I go through dongles like one a year or two, and always end up with bricked junk out of the deal and another hundred or two bucks spent on new peripherals. I need something that I only need to replace the dongle for when (not if) it gets broken. Microsoft doesn't do that. Logitech looks like it's relatively new (their old stuff didn't do that).

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Zil posted:

Having read some of the preceding posts, I have to say you are all a bunch of nerds

And I love you all for it

No u

Finger Prince

Yeah or gently caress it, just get another Microsoft sculpt mouse and keyboard combo off amazon on sale for a hundred bucks. gently caress it. Cheaper than all but the shitest logitech combos and not much more than a dice roll YNQWIE brand mystery mouse and keyboard combo.
gently caress you Microsoft and your non replaceable dongles. I'm gonna give you a hundred more bucks for your poo poo.

Robot Made of Meat

xcheopis posted:

It's like trying to eat a terrible tasting stick of butter.

Thank you. I've always thought this. Butter is good. Avocados are far inferior.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Escape From Noise

White people mashing up butter with cilantro, lime juice, chili powder, and cumin for that authentic south of the border taste

Finger Prince

Escape From Noise posted:

White people mashing up butter with cilantro, lime juice, chili powder, and cumin for that authentic south of the border taste

Nothing beats a few slices of butter on your burger!

Zil

Finger Prince posted:

Nothing beats a few slices of butter on your burger!

If your buns aren't buttered are you even burgin?

xcheopis

A bag of corn chips and a bowl of butter for movie nights

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

xcheopis

Robot Made of Meat posted:

Thank you. I've always thought this. Butter is good. Avocados are far inferior.

Butter good; avocados bad. Death is also bad, therefore avocados are death.

xcheopis fucked around with this message at 02:03 on May 14, 2021

Robot Made of Meat

Finger Prince posted:

drat all these Logitech keyboards suck.
The MX vertical mouse looks good though.

I love my old-rear end Logitech Wireless Desktop so much that I bought a small pile of them on eBay. I'll have the keyboards, mice, and dongles I desire forever!

Also, how the h*ck did you wreck the dongle? The main problem I have with Logitech Wireless desktops is that I wear the engraving off of the keycaps. Luckily I took typing in high school, and there's no light on my desk anyway. I have several dongles I'll never need.

Robot Made of Meat fucked around with this message at 02:00 on May 14, 2021

Robot Made of Meat

xcheopis posted:

Butter good; avocados. Death is also bad, therefore avocados are death.

QED, my Orb. QED.

xcheopis

Today has been a "forget to type word" day.
I blame the cats. Some of you may challenge this accusation on the grounds that I don't have any cats but that's because they don't know cats can keep owning you for years and years. "Alive" is not a requirement.

Heather Papps

hello friend

I wear the engraving off of the keycaps.

jesus never take a picture of your keyboard with flash on. i already knew i needed to replace it but woof it's grosser under those keys than i would have expected. ANYWAYS clearly i do a lot of copying, pasting, and hitting B to make byob come up.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Robot Made of Meat

Heather Papps posted:

jesus never take a picture of your keyboard with flash on. i already knew i needed to replace it but woof it's grosser under those keys than i would have expected. ANYWAYS clearly i do a lot of copying, pasting, and hitting B to make byob come up.

Oh I hear you. I wouldn't dream of photographing my revolting (yet much beloved) keyboard. Suffice it to say that E, I, a, s, d, h, k, l, c, n, ., and , are all completely blank. W, o, f, j , v. m are barely there, and not readable. Somehow B is completely legible.

cruft

Heather Papps posted:

There is a startling lack of tiny skin flakes in that.

Apparently my skin flakes off all the time and there's nothing I can do about it. To make matters worse, work keeps getting me black keyboards, so everybody can see just how gross it is. It's embarrassing.

This may be one reason why I'm super happy with WFH.

Finger Prince

I love my old-rear end Logitech Wireless Desktop so much that I bought a small pile of them on eBay. I'll have the keyboards, mice, and dongles I desire forever!

Also, how the h*ck did you wreck the dongle? The main problem I have with Logitech Wireless desktops is that I wear the engraving off of the keycaps. Luckily I took typing in high school, and there's no light on my desk anyway. I have several dongles I'll never need.

For this one, it's stuck in the top front USB port on my case, so it sticks up about a cm from the front of the case. A dumbbell weight was dropped on it. Took our a fresh leaf on the turmeric plant growing next to it too.

Robot Made of Meat

Finger Prince posted:

For this one, it's stuck in the top front USB port on my case, so it sticks up about a cm from the front of the case. A dumbbell weight was dropped on it. Took our a fresh leaf on the turmeric plant growing next to it too.

Well, I'd happily send you one, but I don't have PMs or any of those fancy-pants upgrades that kids these days seem to have.

Finger Prince

Well, I'd happily send you one, but I don't have PMs or any of those fancy-pants upgrades that kids these days seem to have.

No, I'm good. I've got 5 more turmeric plants growing there if this one is gravely injured.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

I don’t know what cuisine pierogies come from (pittsburgian??) but I want to know more about this mystical cuisine of cheese, mashed potatoes, dough, and fried onions

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Gramps

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

I don’t know what cuisine pierogies come from (pittsburgian??) but I want to know more about this mystical cuisine of cheese, mashed potatoes, dough, and fried onions

Go to a legit polish restaurant and they'll blow your mind with the variety and quality of pierogi

xcheopis

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

They're hard to get right the first time but the good news is that even the fuckups are delicious.

Manifisto

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

tho I cannot school you on this beyond polish/ukrainian/whatever wikipedia says, let me urge you not to discount mushroom and kasha pierogies among many others

ty nesamdoom!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

I am way too lazy to actually make pierogis and we don’t have enough polish people here to have a polish restaurant but the frozen ones are pretty good!!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

PYF brand of frozen peeerogies itt

Finger Prince

Polish and Ukrainian. If it has mashed potato in it, it's Ukrainian. If it has cabbage in it, it's Polish.

cruft

I've burned out two Logitech receivers now, both with the same mouse. The battery has never needed to be replaced.

I have like four other wireless Logitech things that have been fine for years, now, so who knows.

cruft

Finger Prince posted:

No, I'm good. I've got 5 more turmeric plants growing there if this one is gravely injured.

Plant turmeric directly under the clothesline for doing your laundry in hard mode.

Prof. Crocodile

Heather Papps posted:

I thought you were just hitting crtl+B a lot because that is the keyboard shortcut for burritos

Zil

Prof. Crocodile posted:

I thought you were just hitting crtl+B a lot because that is the keyboard shortcut for burritos

Wait there's a keyboard shortcut for burritos?

What kind of burritos are we talking about?

Escape From Noise

More avacados for me. I love an avacado or guac burg.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Paging alnilam, it's pixburgh go time

Prof. Crocodile

Zil posted:

cyber burritos obv

they are okay, but not nearly as good as virtual corn dogs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cruft

Zil posted:

Oh poo poo that reminded me. My very first programming job was writing a data acquisition interface in LabView. It was boring as poo poo, so one night before I went home I made a "generate burritos" button. When you pressed it, it set burritos to 5 and turned into "eat burrito", which you could hit five times before it reset.

The senior programmer overseeing my work dropped in the next day to audit what I'd been doing, and she was pissed about that button.