Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
THE BEST MAN VS DARBY 71 56.35%
BUCKS VS SCU 40 31.75%
NAGATA VS MOX 14 11.11%
OC VS PAC 1 0.79%
Total: 126 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

coconono posted:

wait for it, he gets a charlie horse after the DO land on him accidentally.
lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
It's nuts to me that Jim Cornette's cohost is being given some room to talk about the inner workings of Omega and the Young Bucks.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
it sounds like its a good thing that tony khan saw the volatility of having active wrestlers be primary bookers in past wrestling companies, and decided that the buck would stop with him, but the EVPs would be obvi given massive input and creative freedom

That way there's a not-on-TV figure who is responsible for everything and whether cody and the bucks aren't still close, or what I suspect, there's no way to square their onscreen characters right now so they are purposely staying way the gently caress apart, it doesnt matter to the overall company booking, because Tony is still top dog

Even if the rumors and innuendo are true, tony still is steering the ship and that's been good so far. I like that.

ed: clarity

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I guarantee you there's a high chance the Elite are deliberately encouraging these rumors for storytelling purposes.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

coconono posted:

the person that started the EVP rumor isn't even legally allowed to enter the US. I will not name names(and you shouldn't either) but you already know who it is.

Speedball Mike?!

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I wouldn't really be surprised if TK was still letting Cody largely book himself because, well, despite how cold I usually am on Cody's angles, they draw, and that's something off of Tony's plate as far as booking goes.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

BTE and Sammy's vlog are still highly choreographed. I don't know I'd be looking at those for hints on the real world relationships between the EVPs. I mean hell, the Bucks were barely on BTE for a while.

It's also kind of obvious Cody wants to build a Rhodes brand while the Bucks and Omega already have "The Elite". It makes sense business wise to stay apart.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
who is Negative David

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
i saw that edit, dont try to hide Negative David's existence from us

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MotU posted:

i saw that edit, dont try to hide Negative David's existence from us

I can't say anymore. I'm sorry. All I can give you is that name. Follow and it and you'll find the answer about the Elite and Cody. Be careful. Be safe. Be smart.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Gumball Gumption posted:

I can't say anymore. I'm sorry. All I can give you is that name. Follow and it and you'll find the answer about the Elite and Cody. Be careful. Be safe. Be smart.

i will never reveal the Negative David secret

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Release the cough tape

cams
Mar 28, 2003

the dispute between cody and the elite is over whether or not racism exists

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
realtalk cody said he used to be one of those "i don't see color" people and then brandi smacked him down and educated him so he's probably a little bit better than what you guys are spinning in your minds

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

CopywrightMMXI posted:

The Joker will be the Largest Athlete in the World, Paul Wight.

Unironically think this will be true, we gotta get to the Tall Paul/Marko Stunt factory somehow.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Kunabomber posted:

realtalk cody said he used to be one of those "i don't see color" people and then brandi smacked him down and educated him so he's probably a little bit better than what you guys are spinning in your minds

did you watch the promo

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Now your kids can recreate the violence of Mox vs Kenny in their own living room!

https://twitter.com/RingsideC/status/1393281972013838340?s=20

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I kind of want those just to somehow get them used as tokens in a D&D game.

Also I just want a tiny barbed wire broom.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Davros1 posted:

Now your kids can recreate the violence of Mox vs Kenny in their own living room!

don't forget the grand finale!

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Davros1 posted:

i would have loved this as a kid

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

smarxist posted:

lol

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Davros1 posted:

https://twitter.com/BadStoriesHere/status/1393283905080500224?s=20

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Duke Pukem posted:

i would have loved this as a kid

bet. my k'nex wrestling ring had those grey end pieces on the ropes that i could swivel up to make barbed wire matches between my action figures. with red dry erase marker at the ready

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

smarxist posted:

You wouldn't want to outshine AEW's explosion, would you?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Kunabomber posted:

He's going all american on a black immigrant.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Pylons posted:

Release the cough tape

Scoops from the negative zone.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

coconono posted:

did you watch the promo

hell no i'm not an idiot, skipped it as soon as he started talking about the anthem

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Kunabomber posted:

hell no i'm not an idiot, skipped it as soon as he started talking about the anthem

you should watch the promo

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

Guillermus posted:

Bear Bronson
Bear Boulder
Bear Brian

See? He fits, all BB. Two big 'B' is perfect like Bloodborne. Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Finally, referee Ball Burner gets his time to shine again.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

coconono posted:

you should watch the promo

noooooo

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Having the greatest wrestler of his generation scream about bears while managing/wrestling with a lower card tag team would both be a complete waste and amazing beyond belief.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

smarxist posted:

No joke, I wanted to bring a wiffle ball bat filled with pop-its to a Tournament of Death but figured that no one would go for it.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Bryan is going to come in for one match on Elevation vs. Danny Limelight.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

30 years ago wrestling figures were being pulled from stores for containing decapitated heads

ok more like 25 but you get the idea

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MJeff posted:

I know it felt like it lasted 20 minutes but it didn't.

lmao

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Thanks for the playlist recommendations, my dudes. :cool:

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I’m kind of sick of long promos in general. They’re relics from the attitude era and just serve as a huge handicap for a lot of wrestlers.
Keep 99% of promos to backstage taped segments imo. In-ring promos really aren't needed unless it's the champion fresh off a big win getting challenged by a new contender or something. Otherwise they're pretty useless.

PublicOpinion posted:

Bryan is going to come in for one match on Elevation vs. Danny Limelight.
Which would still be extremely cool and good because Danny Limelight owns.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
max caster has an entire song about him kissing hands

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

When I was a kid I made little chairs and breakaway tables out of cardboard and put little spidernets on them with twist-ties for hardcore matches for my toys, so I would've killed for that kind of poo poo.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

jesus WEP posted:

whys Sting being a little bitch all of a sudden just letting miro attack his boy before the match

imagine being a man in your 50s who has already been broken by the coward seth rollins and you're trying to get between miro and your sickly tnt champion skeleton son

id be hesitant too

e: 62, god drat, yea man 62 year old steve borden would step up to miro and miro would grab his shoulders and rip him in half lengthwise

shiksa fucked around with this message at 22:17 on May 14, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Sometimes you've just got to let your CKY son learn from his mistakes