Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

.random
May 7, 2007

ilmucche posted:

Has anyone received a bulletproof vest

Because it’s apparently my job this game to ask these questions, is this a good thing to claim? If a person did, that is one less NK target... admittedly if we make it that far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I know why mucche asked

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sandwolf posted:

I know why mucche asked

if the reason is to determine whether theres an armorer in the game, dont we already know that?

if the reason is to check whether the armorer is scum, thats a good question. but how can we be certain nobody got one?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
because i think its a very good idea to NOT disclose whether you've gotten a vest. so it's either out yourself as having a vest to eliminate the "scum armorer" line of thinking, and simultaneously make scum's nk choice less risky... or keep quiet and risk the "scum armorer" argument to take hold

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
then again, what would we even do if we conclude the armorer is scum?

.random
May 7, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

I know why mucche asked

Me too. I still think my question is a good one - but I am open to opinions on the matter

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

.random posted:

Me too. I still think my question is a good one - but I am open to opinions on the matter

I think your question isn't a bad one

AT-LOW
Mar 18, 2021

Battle routine, set!
Demon Summoning Program, execute!

.random posted:

I do still think it’s a bad idea, but my biggest issue was the way it was being pushed and rushed.

merk seemingly trying to get people to do it without thinking is indeed weird. It makes it seem like if we DID think it through, we would uncover some kind of trick to it that would cause us harm.

We are thinking it through now. What is that trick? What is the thing that would ruin us?

SNG suggested that it could be to eliminate an extra townie in the case where there is only 3 scum, but it seems unlikely that there would be only 3 scum in a 17 player game, especially (imo) one with this many vigs.

So what, then, is the big plan? That is my question.

I also have other things to say but it'll take me a bit lol

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

3scum and a SK or 3p would also meet your requirements and are probably a thing tbh. It would explain why town is having issues coming together or the weird voting patterns if there was a third faction

AT-LOW
Mar 18, 2021

Battle routine, set!

sandnavyguy posted:

3scum and a SK or 3p would also meet your requirements and are probably a thing tbh. It would explain why town is having issues coming together or the weird voting patterns if there was a third faction

Third parties are also, of course, explicitly on the table as per the rules.

Although Hum was a third party, so we have had at least one :v:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

So the only people who haven't claimed are dy and random

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

ilmucche posted:

So the only people who haven't claimed are dy and random
Not true, but close. I still do not understand why you are so invested in figuring out roles right now.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

I'm still thinking about the gavel. Using the gavel today does seem like a smart move that would let us execute someone without a night kill. But I'm no longer considering the possibility that Steak or merk are town. The fact that this was initiated by merk makes me fundamentally not trust it.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

I'm probably not gonna gavel.

##vote merk

I would rather vote merk right now, who I know is scum, than gavel sng. I don't trust merk and I'm not willing to indulge him in whatever gambit he's trying to pull. There's just no way he's town after what went down today.

Also lol at Steak's distancing vote, I can't wait to test it out.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Deadline will be Wednesday, 900pm pacific.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

merk (4): Philip J. Fry, sandnavyguy, .random, Mr. Steak, Philip J. Fry, dy.
dy. (1): merk, AT-LOW, merk, Mr. Steak, merk, merk, Mr. Steak
Mr. Steak (1): Sandwolf

Not Voting (4): Hal Insandenza, ilmucche, merk, Philip J. Fry

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 19th, 2021 at 9 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 1 day, 12 hours.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Aight, ##vote random I think is correct.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

merk hasn't gotten rush killed. That either means

A. merk is scum

or

B. The scum team is heavily comprised of SNG, .random, Mr. Steak, and dy.

Am I correct on that?

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

I guess that assumes 4 scum but I'm pretty solid on that assumption.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

Like if any combination of Sandwolf, me, illmucche, Hal, and AT-LOW were scum this game would be over.

I know I'm town, so that means that it is not possible that 2 out of those four are scum.

So if that's the case, that means there are (at least) three scum in SNG, Random, Mr. Steak, dy and merk.

Right? What am I missing here?

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Philip J. Fry posted:

merk hasn't gotten rush killed. That either means

A. merk is scum

or

B. The scum team is heavily comprised of SNG, .random, Mr. Steak, and dy.

Am I correct on that?
I don't think the scum can insta-hammer in an overtly scummy way, right? There could still be something to stop their nightkill.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

We're at 10/6 right now. If scum turbohammer in an obvious way we go into the night at 9/5, still not enough for 4 scum to win. A blocked nightkill (still multiple potential roles that could do that) would end the scum team at that point.

Also a very good reason to end this rolefishing nonsense immediately and keep the scum guessing as to the existence or location of roles that could gently caress their nightkill up.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Not keen on a merk vote

I think steak is probably a better choice

.random
May 7, 2007

At the risk of scaring people off the vote, I think I am ok with a Steak vote too. I will do a reread of yesterday; it was hard not to see that as a coordinated thing from them both in the moment.

AT-LOW
Mar 18, 2021

Battle routine, set!

merk posted:

Aight, ##vote random I think is correct.

This is what I am thinking as well.

##vote random

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Hal Insandenza posted:

Not keen on a merk vote

I think steak is probably a better choice
I don't particularly care what order it happens in as long as it's one of them today.

I think a merk vote might be a little more useful in terms of information, since we can judge his choice to gavel SNG based on his flip.

.random
May 7, 2007

AT-LOW posted:

This is what I am thinking as well.

##vote random

This is very much not the right answer.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

dy. posted:

We're at 10/6 right now. If scum turbohammer in an obvious way we go into the night at 9/5, still not enough for 4 scum to win. A blocked nightkill (still multiple potential roles that could do that) would end the scum team at that point.

Also a very good reason to end this rolefishing nonsense immediately and keep the scum guessing as to the existence or location of roles that could gently caress their nightkill up.

Fair point, between armorer and maybe dramatic bodyguard you're right to say it's possible scum are nervous about turboing and basically losing a flawless victory on a rush vote.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

I'm also good with merk or Mr. Steak today.

This isn't how you're supposed to play the game, and I know that, but there's a very big part of me that doesn't want Steak to see the end of this game because if he's scum and has been pullin this poo poo all game long and wins with it I will never forgive myself.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Philip J. Fry posted:

I'm also good with merk or Mr. Steak today.

This isn't how you're supposed to play the game, and I know that, but there's a very big part of me that doesn't want Steak to see the end of this game because if he's scum and has been pullin this poo poo all game long and wins with it I will never forgive myself.

Welcome to the steak experience!

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

Hal Insandenza posted:

Welcome to the steak experience!

I basically saved him from getting lunched D1 as town last game and am now regretting it.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

just read through random I'm not voting for him today. merk and AT-LOW care to share?

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

AT-LOW, Mr. Steak, Sandwolf (and anyone else who gavelled and I missed it) why are you not voting SNG but are in favor of gavelling him?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yeah I havent seen any points about random, only weird thing is he is still alive at the top of the draft but that could just be scum scared of killing him and getting caught

##vote steak

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Philip J. Fry posted:

just read through random I'm not voting for him today. merk and AT-LOW care to share?
It's pretty telling that they haven't shared. You would think that if you were willing to bet the entire game on one vote, you would like, have a recent case on them.

As far as I can tell AT-LOW's entire reasoning for random is that there wasn't a scumrush on merk (which lol, that is pretty explainable). Mechanically, I don't see how the scum are in a position where they can execute a scumrush right now. Also merk is scum.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Insandenza posted:

Yeah I havent seen any points about random, only weird thing is he is still alive at the top of the draft but that could just be scum scared of killing him and getting caught

##vote steak

this is the only other vote I'm interested in today

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

scum probably just nabbed all the good roles evidenced by literally no one relaying any night actions of merit so we should lunch merk, steak, .random, in that order

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
just hammer merk already

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

ilmucche has conspicuously avoided making any calls today, mostly just rolefishing instead. I'd like to see him go on record and then I'll throw down on Steak or merk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sandwolf if you think we should lunch merk first then vote him